PDA

View Full Version : The elements that bind us.

Mystluna
09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Greetings and Salutation fellow gamers!

I am happy to say that my work schedual has finally mellowed out and I can start to play games again! I am interested in putting together a group of people that would like to meet at the begining of the week somewhere and play a game. I have a self created game that uses the 3.0-3.5 version of DnD. I am looking for at least 4 people with the high end of 6 people to play with. I have been out of gaming for almost a year now so I might be a little rusty but its like riding a bike once you get back on you remember how it goes. I live in a small apartment so am unable to play there comfortably but it could work if we had to. (going to find out about rec. room in office)

So here is some about the game.

Gods/religion: Yes they exist. I use a selection of names from many different sources but if you have a religion that you liked from a source just me know about it and well try to work it into the universe.

Classes: Yep all of them. Even some custom classes. If you have a class that you like from another source just let me know about it and we might be able to work it into the universe providing it dosent off ballance things. Prestigue classes are a wierd one I make people take extra time to go and become one a quest or rite of inniation that canbe discuessed later.

Starting levels: This is a tough one. I love to start compaings at lvl 1 its just fun to build something form the ground up. I also understand that many different races have level adjustments that are easier to deal with befor the game starts. I always leave this up to the players at the time of character creation. Level 1 and grow with it or level ? and get ready for the things to get har dreal fast.

Rules: Yes i follow the rules. I also may interperate the rules differently then others and if there is a problem from my oppinion and your oppinion. I'M RITE AND YOUR WRONG!!!! J/K I would be happy to discuss the rules at the next break or at the end of the game. If it is a big rule we can always take the break then so others that are not envolved in the dispute may get up and smoke/pee/stretch/what ever. If you are a walking book of rules we might not match up to well just fare warning to everyone, I like the rules but I do not feel that it is important to follow them to the letter All the time.

Now onto the story line.

Basicually you need to save the world from the current threat that is going to send it and all you know into certin oblivion. (how many times you heard that befor lol)

You all start as orphans from a war that ravaged the land a while back. You were all sent to the capitol city in the provance and raised by it untill you were old enough to decide what you wanted to do with your live. Be it study with the clergy, go and join the mage tower, team up with the fighters guild or disapear into the sewers and the underworld of the city proper. What the church didnt tell you is that you all had a crystal hanging around your neck when you were brought in and they took them from you and locked them away because they radiated with a highly powerful magical energy.

Many years have passed sence the war and you are all grown up each of you has managed to avoid a premature deal supprizingly even though she hasnt tried to take you anyways. As you sit at home/camp/wherever you want to be. A messanger approaches dressed in clergy robes that you recognize as the chruch that raised you. He has a message for you and hands you a scroll. When you open the scroll you read one message you have 5 mineuts to gather your belongings befor it is time. After 5 mineuts of racing around wherever you are gathering up your stuff you are then teleported to a waiting room with all of your companions of youth. An old priest enters the room his eyes shine with tears and he looks at you all he lets out an soft sob and then regainshis composure. He says "it is time" and he leads you from the room.....

Think this might be something you are interested in playing? Or think that my brian might fit will in a setting you are running. As you can see by my spelling i do no do well with typing and an internet game is not an option lol. Please feel free to drop me a line via this site so i can make better contact with you.

Etarnon
09-29-2009, 11:48 PM
To be clear this is a face to face game in Olympia Washington, yes?

MarshamSane
09-30-2009, 03:55 AM
Very interested. haven't had a good face-to-face game in a long time.

is hard without a car.

I'm out in bremerton near PSNS.

are there alot of mass-transit options out here that would expedite the trip to olympia? if not hmmm I'll have to look into obtaining a vehicle.
the gaming community here in wa seems to be much more spread out than it was back in good olde Oregon.

Gregor
09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I might want to play if it's on Sunday. I really enjoy roleplaying, but do not love that particular system. How tactical/video-gamey do you run the game? How focused are your games typically (how much of game time is spent in side conversations?) What's your take on gnomes?

cjubmavin
09-30-2009, 06:22 PM
just has to be on the weekends, and given notice

Mystluna
09-30-2009, 10:30 PM
This is planned to be a face to face game im sorry but i do not have the knowledge or want to try to do this online sorry i didnt make the clear when i posted. I would like it to be on Sundays if people are interested but I am also free on mondays so I have some play.

I try to keep my games focues and take breaks every 2 hours or so. More if needed for smokers (I use to be one I understand). If I get off track or if someone else gets off track I respect a gentle "hey folks can we focus" if that dosent work then Rot Grubs seems to get everyones attention real fast.

As for my take on Gnomes a tame and a place for everything and everyone. Unless its gnome punting then its all the time. Seriously though i love a good gnome in a party. My NPC's are usually gnomes or something mixed with gnomes. My favorite was a 1/2 celestial gnome paladin. That got messy......

Deadmire78
10-02-2009, 02:20 AM
I have been looking for games to transpire in Olympia (other than at Gabby's Shop). I am interested myself and live off of Rich Road by the Yelm Hwy. If you would like further info from please contact me at Deadmire78@hotmail.com and both of those days are fine with me but Mondays I have class until 1 pm.

Mystluna
10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey Everyone,
Thank you all so much for your comments I am just waiting on hearing form the apartment complex about useing the clubhouse for the days that we want to play. It would definatlly be on Sundays I hope from about 1pm-9pm of when ever they close the club house on us. If they dont want to let me use the club house it would have to be at my apartment but I also might be able to work out something with my work and holding it in a meeting room =^.^= its good to know nice people lol. I will contact everyone that was interested when i have a defiante answer about the location to see if you still are interested in playing. I appreciate the excitement that i am hearing from the responces so far and i hope that you are all as eager as i am.

Cheers,
=^.^= KLC

Deadmire78
10-04-2009, 05:04 AM
I am excited as well and can't wait to hear further from you.

cjubmavin
10-04-2009, 04:11 PM
just tell me when and where and i will be there, if its on the 17th i would be a couple of hours late
--- Merged from Double Post ---
is there anything that you want to do to get ready for the game, do you want us to bring anything? books food or stuff

Mystluna
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
well its looks like i have lined up a place in a board room at the hotel i work at for us to be able to meet and at least get accuanted and maby start the character creation process. I will send everyone a private message about it. I am very excited about the process of us getting this started.

I will bring all of my books and materials with me also for people to look at and decide on there play styles and arangement in the party. We can also go over any house rules that you are interested in establishing or doing away with any of mine that you are uncomfortable with.

I am hoping to start on this comming Sunday October 11th 2009 at 1pm. I have arranged the room to be availbale to us untill 10pm-ish. That should give us pleanty of time to get our starts or decide to call it off.

See you then.

Mystluna
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey Everyone,
Sorry to have to post this but I will not be able to have the event this comming Sunday. I am required to attend an event that was schedualed with out my knowledge by church last week and just got the message about it last night when i got home. I will try to make arangements again for another Sunday to try to get a meet and greet together. Again I appoligize about the inconvience of having to cancel but it is something I must be present for.

I will send out messages to everyone also that I messaged yesterday also so that everyone gets the notice.

Hope to be able to get this rolling again soon.

Cheers,
KLC aka Mystluna

Mystluna
10-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Hey again everyone!

Mystluna here. I got things ironed out. Had to shorten the play time available . I hope to be able to get together in the next few weeks for meet and greet and go over character creations. I'm hoping to get it set for this comming Sunday the 18th. The times available are from 4:30pm-10:30pm now had to cut off a little in the from, but I know we will still be able to have alot of fun and kick some bad guy back sides. If you are still interested in playing even if at the next week of the 25th we can still meet up. Please feel free to shoot me an email with your information to Kris_Clark1980@yahoo.com I look forward to your responces. I have one other person so far that has said they were interested in playing so I am looking for at least 3 others. It's playable with out the people but someone would end up running multiple toons.

Cheers,
KLC
Mystluna