PDA

View Full Version : [Shadowrun] Melee Combat Program

Freejack
09-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Other than missed Qualities, the melee sheet is done.

If you have a computer available to you while running or even playing Shadowrun, you might find the programs I'm working on to be helpful.

http://www.shadowrun.us/sr4/cheat/melee.html

It is Javascript based however it's self contained so you can snag it and the shadowrun.css file and just open it on your computer to use it.

I tried to make it as obvious to use as possible and put in reasonable default values. There's a running total column for both attacker and defender. The modifiers should all have page references and what the modifier is.

It also supports Subduing, Knockdowns, and even Overburdoned.

At the bottom of the page are "show your work" sections with the values and how they are calculated.

I have other sheets in various stages in the same directory with the Ranged Combat Sheet being my next target (although I may snag some low hanging fruit first).

Plans are to create a Vehicle Generation Page and Rigger stuff.

The main purpose here is to help me learn all the nuances of the game mechanics and to learn some new programming stuff. Using a browser as the front end and Javascript makes the program pretty portable and useable on all platforms that support Javascript and browsers. Heck, I can bring it up on my iPhone :)

Let me know what you think.

(And I'm still working on the Seattle reviews, don't worry. I get easily distracted :) ).

Carl

Freejack
09-30-2009, 10:13 PM
First, the sheet is even more complete :)

I forgot about Electrical attacks and its results (-2 dp). I added "Shocked!" to the Modifiers section and there's a Electrical Attack checkbox that doesn't work yet (still working on how to do that).

I also moved Strength down next to Damage Value to make it clearer why it's there and what to add.

For electrical attacks, if you want to use the sheet, just drop strength to 0, up the modifier to the stun value and change the mode from Physical to Stun. That should help with the dice pools.

And thanks to whomever is trying to pass parameters to the sheet (I do look at the logs :) ). I looked at a few ways to accept it but without turning the html into php and thereby requiring a web server run on your PC, I'm somewhat stuck right now (or really hacking up Javascript and I'm not ready to do that yet).

Carl
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Nothing like finding a big bug and fixing it through the iPhone :)

Carl

Freejack
10-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Been busy I guess http://forums.dumpshock.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Got electrical attack working. Simply disabled the Strength field so that only the damage mod field worked.

Added in defaulting with skills, both attacker and defender (-1 dp, even if you do a full defense which doing so makes no sense but still...).

Added minimum of 1 for Attributes.

If something's missing, let me know. I'll continue checking stuff, specifically the Qualities.

If something's not working as expected, check the referred page first to make sure. I've done that a few times, expected one result or had a player come back with "but it's skill * 2" only to check the page and find the script is correct. If there's an error, by all means let me know.

Thanks for looking at the script and any feedback.

Carl

Snuffy
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Clean Work! Some day I hope to get into a Shadowrun game here locally.

Freejack
10-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks. I'm actually working on a bit more complex tool that incorporates all the sheets into one. Once I get the main part done, the rest will fall into place.

Carl