PDA

View Full Version : Several Campaigns

JasonYarnell
09-27-2009, 09:22 AM
I am currently running three campaigns set in the game world of Kamarathin. Two of the campaigns are utilizing Hero System 5ER and one is utilizing Hero System 6E.

Familiarity with the rules is not necessary. Owning a copy of Kamarathin: Kingdom of Tursh (print (http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=3720110)or PDF (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4716))is recommended, though not a requirement. Making a character is a bit more difficult without knowledge of the setting. Reviews and information about the setting can be found here (http://www.d-3games.com).

I prefer players who are team oriented and roleplayers over Rollplayers. If you are focused solely on killing monsters and looting their bodies you will be sorely disappointed in my campaigns.

I expect players to be able to post at least once a week and preferrably at least every other day.

The campaigns are listed below as links so that you can learn more about them. If you are interested, let me know and we can discuss character concepts.

Clairon Barony (http://www.herocentral.net/campaignInformation.htm?campaignId=883350): Currently has one opening and is accepting Lurkers who gain first priority when openings occur.

Grey Crown Mercenaries (http://www.herocentral.net/campaignInformation.htm?newCampaignId=782282): Currently accepting Lurkers who gain first priority when openings occur.

Rocks of the Olemecans (http://www.herocentral.net/campaignInformation.htm?newCampaignId=915507): Currently has one opening and is accepting Lurkers who gain first priority when openings occur.

JasonYarnell
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Updated with current openings

JasonYarnell
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Updated

AnimusVirtus
10-04-2009, 01:15 AM
I'd be interested in participating in any of the 3 campaigns that you have going. Tough I have never used the Hero system, I have been RPing since c. 1980, so I am not concerned about learning another set of rules. Besides, with emphasis on RP, I'm presuming that the rules are, well, secondary.

JasonYarnell
10-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Emails sent. The Clairon barony opening that just happend has been filled by a previous Lurker. The Grey Crowns opening still exists.

AnimusVirtus
10-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I should like very much then to join the open campaign. Which version of the Hero system does it use? Is there much of a difference between 5e & 6e? Is there any type of "archetype" that the group lack presently?

More than anything, I am anxious to RP as it has been some time. Also, I've never engaged in online RP and am thoroughly intrigued by the mechanics of it all.

JasonYarnell
10-05-2009, 03:30 AM
I should like very much then to join the open campaign. Which version of the Hero system does it use?
It currently uses 5ER but will be converted to 6E this month.

Is there much of a difference between 5e & 6e?
The differences lie primarily in the character creation and are fairly numerous.

Is there any type of "archetype" that the group lack presently?
Go to the Grey Crowns campaign and go into the characters section there to see what the current characters are like.

More than anything, I am anxious to RP as it has been some time. Also, I've never engaged in online RP and am thoroughly intrigued by the mechanics of it all.
Enthusiasm is always welcome! RP through a PbP style camapign is much slower but has the potential for deeper character development and immersion.

Go ahead and sign up at HeroCentral and then apply to the Grey Crowns campaign. The links can be found in the original post above. I'd like to once again recommend acquiring a copy of the Kamarathin: Kingdom of Tursh book.

Here are some recommendations and comments about my GM style from some of my other players:

Welcome to the site first off... To answer your questions:

1. Don't be like me... Read the book so you don't sound like an idiot all the time. Also, well see the answer to question number 2.

2. Jason is the best GM ever!!! He rocks!!! His games rule!!! *Holds out hand as if looking for money (or XP)*. Seriously though, he has a very detailed world and he is very detail oriented. Don't expect to get away with some hand-waving explanation or background. Also, don't get offended or frustrated when he challenges you... It tends to result in better characters/games. Finally, well, don't expect to be able to run around and hack your way out of a problem. Use your brain (and your characters when yours fails) to think your way out of problems.

1. As Baker said, reading the book is a good way to go but also don't be afraid of asking questions. Most of us, me included, have accepted that we will occasionally, or quite often, sound like complete idiots.

2. Jason is definitely a good GM but, as Baker said, he is very focused on detail and roleplaying. While making your first (and second, and third) character he will not hesitate to tear your ideas apart at every step of the way. Don't take any of this personally because it will result in a better game. To see a small example of this, check out the threads on the other PCs. While this may seem harsh, it leads to one of the play experiences I've witnessed becasue it stays dedicated to story and character interactions.

I would like to reinforce the point to not get offended when Jason gives you feedback. I always seem to pick the character concepts that make him cringe the most (See the former Bezzi Shaman and the current thread on Hiral). The core of Hiral hasn't changed, and The concept and background I first imagined are held true, but he is a more well-rounded and relevant character.

That being said, don't be afraid to challenge back. For some reason, I've seen in other games that Jason hates the fact that he gave the Simeret flight :P and always puts them into situations where there flight is almost irrelevant. So I tried to think of what else they could do besides fly? They can beat people like a red-headed step-child in Wal-Mart (See the Clairon Barony Game). And that's how I came up with the best Simeret that never flies.

Marley117
10-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I'd like to join, if there is still an opening, but I have absoulutely no idea about HERO. I wanted to buy the rule books, but by the time I got around to doing it, they were out of print and expensive, and I haven't gotten the 6E. I love Roleplaying, and am very interested.

JasonYarnell
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I'd like to join, if there is still an opening, but I have absoulutely no idea about HERO. I wanted to buy the rule books, but by the time I got around to doing it, they were out of print and expensive, and I haven't gotten the 6E. I love Roleplaying, and am very interested.
I do still have an opening in the grey Crowns campaign. Just follow the link in the original post and you can apply at the bottom of the page.

You don't necessarily need the Hero rules to play as I've done a fairly good job of keeping the character creation stuff in the setting book. That, I'm afraid is really going to be a need to have for any of the campaigns above.

Fly by Knight is making a character for the Grey Crowns campaign so there's just the one additional spot left for now.

Marley117
10-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Ok I followed the link and it took me to a Wiki. I am a bit confused on where to actually apply. Is there some sort of BETA or something I could read until I can buy the PDF (College student's money is a bit thin. May need to wait until I get paid :( )

Just something to get me working. I am doing research and trying to get a feel for the campaign and such.

JasonYarnell
10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Is this the site you went to? http://www.herocentral.net/campaignInformation.htm?newCampaignId=782282

If so, that's not a Wiki. :)

You have to create an account on that site and then you'll you'll have access to the application button at the bottom of the screen.

Unfortunately, there isn't a beta version of the book, but you can get quite a bit of information from the campaign site as well as my own D3 games forums (www.d-3games.com (http://www.d-3games.com))

If money is an issue you can always register and apply as a lurker. Lurkers get first choice of open positions.

JasonYarnell
10-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Updated. All games are filled but still accepting Lurkers.

JasonYarnell
10-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Updated with openings in the Clairon Barony and Rocks of the Olemecans campaigns.