GoddessGood
09-24-2009, 09:08 AM
It's time again for the movie meetup up poll. Our weekends in October are:

October 3-4
October 10-11
October 17-18
October 24-25
October 31-November 1 :spider:

For those new to the tradition, we've been seeing weekend matinee movies at Regal Cinema on Spring Valley and 75 Central in the Richardson area because they have discounted tickets ($4.75 for adults). We tend to see movies a week after they come out to minimize the crowds we face. In the past we've seen movies such as Star Trek, GI Joe, and 9. Here's what's on the block for October:

(rel. Oct. 2)
Capitalism: A Love Story
The Invention of Lying
Toy Story 1 and 2 double feature
Whip It
Zombieland
*Afterschool
*More Than a Game
*A Serious Man

(rel. Oct. 9)
Couples Retreat
*Bronson
*The Damned United
*An Education
*Freestyle
*Good Hair
*Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman

(rel. Oct. 16)
Law Abiding Citizen
The Stepfather
Where the Wild Things Are
*Black Dynamite
*The Maid
*New York, I Love You

(rel. Oct. 23)
Saw VI
The Vampire's Assistant
*Amelia
*Antichrist
*Motherhood
*Ong Bak 2: The Beginning
*(Untitled)

(rel. Oct. 28)
Michael Jackson: This Is It

(rel. Oct. 30)
*Gentleman Broncos

* Movie is on a limited release and may not be shown locally.

(If you have another suggestion for a movie not listed here or a similarly-priced theater, please let us know.)

For my vote, I'd like to see The Invention of Lying, Zombieland or The Vampire's Assistant. I've never been one for gore movies, so I don't think I'd like to see Saw VI.

adaquacity24
09-25-2009, 12:43 PM
You forgot Boondock Saints 2 on the 30th

Arkhemedes
09-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I was going to ask what the possibility was of switching to a Saturday might be for everyone. But after seeing the list of movies coming out in October - yeesh! There sure are some slim pickins' next month. I guess I would have to vote for The Vampire's Assistant. But even if Saturday would be okay with everyone it would have to be the 3rd, the 17th, or the 31st for me.

Genesplicer
10-09-2009, 03:28 PM
So, is any one intrested in this? How about Zombieland? The only Saturday I'm available is the 24th, and I'd have to know within the next week to keep it open. Sundays are still good for me. I can do any of them.

carlos
10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm good for Zombieland or Vampire's Assistant!

Genesplicer
10-17-2009, 04:53 PM
If we're going, were running out of time. I'm with Arkhemedes, pick'ns are slim this month. SO far we've got one for Vampire's Asistant, and one for Zombieland. Any input Goddess? Ron, are you watching this thread? Any intrest at all from you?

Also, when are we going? We've only got two weekends left.

Arkhemedes
10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm afraid I'm out this month as well. Just can't seem to find the time and now my gaming group is meeting on Sundays. Sorry.

Genesplicer
10-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Yea, it looks like this month is a bust. I spoke to Ron the other day, and like you he didn't think any of the movies this moth were realy worth the effort. RL seems to have snatched GoddessGood away from this entirely, so I guess we'll try again next month. Hopefuly, Hollywood will give us something to work with.