PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to be a playtester?

Farcaster
09-23-2009, 04:55 PM
D-3 Games (http://www.d-3games.com/) currently has an open call (http://d-3games.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=947) for playtesters for Inceptum Terminus. From the description, it sounds very cool. This would be a great opportunity not just to get a preview of this new setting, but to have an effect on the shape of the game to come.
After a worldwide coordinated terrorist attack against the United States, Russian Confederation, and their allies, the federal and state governments in the United States collapse in the chaos that follows. Out of the ashes, the corporations take control and form the Corporate States of America. Each mega-corp controls a vast territory of land, people, and manufacturing facilities within their borders. Nine mega-corps control the government, land, and people of the former United States. They rule their corporate states for one hundred forty-seven years with an iron fist. A new era dawns when from the shadows, a small group of people began to throw off the shackles of domination using the rallying cries that spark off a revolution four hundred years ago.

The world of Inceptum Terminus is a dark, brooding world that explores many themes ranging from morality and ethics to the role of entertainment. Inceptum Terminus combines several genres into a cohesive whole in order to tell the story. These genres are post apocalypse, westerns, biopunk, cyberpunk, superheroes, and science fiction. At the center of all this is the characters whose every action and decision impacts the world around them.

trechriron
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
What system is this using? It looks like D3 Games is a Hero Shop. If so, will it be 6e?

misteradam
09-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Trechriron: You are correct. D3 Games is utilizing the HERO system. I know that Kamarathin is being converted to 6e, not 100% sure about Inceptum Terminus, though.

Richard Littles
09-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Inceptum Terminus is going to be for Hero System 6E. :)

ronpyatt
09-24-2009, 01:30 AM
This sounds very cool. I'm so HS6E right now.

Richard Littles
09-24-2009, 02:53 AM

I like 6E over 5E due to the many changes in the rules to streamline it. If you'd like to participate in the playtest feel free to sign up on the thread for it on D-3 Games's forum. I'll get you all the necessary information so you can receive the first draft of the completed book to playtest.

GoddessGood
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I vote that ron runs a game for us at Xmax ;). Hell, I'd join. I've been dying to see what's so smexy about Hero system.

nijineko
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
the background sounds exactly like the early portion of the storyline from rifts (palladium).

Richard Littles
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM
the background sounds exactly like the early portion of the storyline from rifts (palladium).

Actually, it doesn't have anything in common with the storyline in Rifts. The Rifts storyline details a golden age of no war etc... followed by a nuclear exchange with South America.

Inceptum Terminus's storyline is filled with war up until the destruction of the US and her allies in 2003 by terrorists using nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons of mass destruction. There's no other dimensions, except for the 9 heavens and hells. The Corporate States, as a whole, also don't bear any resemblance to the Coalition States.

georgesmackme
09-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Im curious to know if you are still in the hunt for testers and what the format would be

Richard Littles
09-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Im curious to know if you are still in the hunt for testers and what the format would be

Yes, we're still looking for testers. The format will be whatever you decide to run to test out various sections of the rules. Any feedback will have to be left in a thread over on D-3's play test forum. To get the ball started I need an email address.

JasonYarnell
09-25-2009, 05:02 AM
It warms me heart bone to see folks interested in this. I'm positive you won't be disappointed.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-25-2009, 08:52 AM
In a perfect world with unlimited time and a cool bunch of players... heck yeah!

Richard Littles
09-25-2009, 09:04 AM
In a perfect world with unlimited time and a cool bunch of players... heck yeah!

/jedi mind trick

You want to play test Inceptum Terminus to the exclusion of all other games.

/jedi mind trick

:laugh:

russdm
09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
I want in on this. Do i get free stuff?

Richard Littles
09-27-2009, 04:38 AM
Wow this is just amazing with all the people signing up to be playtesters. :cool:

JasonYarnell
09-27-2009, 07:00 AM
I want in on this. Do i get free stuff?
Rich and I are working on a compensation package for playtest groups. The details aren't finalized yet, but I can guarantee that it will be based on performance and quality of the test feedback.

I've been in the software QA and videogame industry for too long and I've grown tired of 'Beta Testing' being seen only as a way to get the game early instead of actually providing useful information to the developers.

Since Beta testers in a PnP game are the least likely to actually buy the books due their already possessing them, and each copy we don't sell, literally costs us money, I intend on not releasing the full books for playtest but a limited version with no art and only partial information.

Those that continue through the playtest and perform well by giving us consistent and quality information will be rewarded and thanked. Those who don't will simply end up with a gimped version of the PDF and on our "do not invite" list.

cplmac
09-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Jason & Rich,

Would be great to participate, but unfortunately, I have way to much on my plate at the present time and can't think of adding something more. Perhaps in the future the tabletop group that I am part of would be able to assist in this capacity.

cplmac