PDA

View Full Version : Shadows Rising

Syllven
09-21-2009, 09:57 AM
New Campaign starting up 1st level to 30 held at the Source comics and games. Help to uncover an ancient secret unknown to even the Gods before and ancient evil rises to claim all of Toril and more.

Characters are standard 1st level rpga legal, any race with approval, 22 point buy stats and 100gp starting funds. Any questions you have will be promptly answered.

If i get enough people that would prefer to meet at a different location i would not be against moving the games location, i live in Eden Prairie and would love to meet there also

XXXJ666
09-22-2009, 09:29 AM
I am definitely interested and may have 2 others willing to play. I will post more when I get home from work tonight :)

Sixtyhurts
09-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm in for a Saturday, or Sunday campaign. I live in South Minneapolis, so the Source is as far as I'd want to travel if possible, but I am open if the campaign and company are worth it! This is 4.0, right? I'll have to get some new books...

Also: I saw that you were into Cyberpunk 2020? What a great system! I haven't played that for years! I have stacks of books, and would love to play that too/instead if anyone's into it!

ClicheMonster
09-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes, do want to play. I'm running a 4e game online and it's just not filling the jones.

I live in Apple Valley, so if the game moved to Eden Prairie it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

What's the next steps?

/ak

XXXJ666
09-22-2009, 10:53 AM
In eagan here. Source works well for me, if not I also have two six foot tables in my basment as well. I have the core set of books as well as the phb2 & dmg2. I also have a battlemat and other misc supplies if needed. Are the classes in the phb2 allowed? Id love to try an avenger :)
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Cliche, we could probably meet up part way and carpool as were close.
I wouldn't imagine that this is going to be hard to fill, but I will shoot an e-mail out to a 3 other possibly interested individuals. I believe they all have RP experience but possibly not with 4.0 (which is extremely easy to pick up IMO).

********UPDATED********
My Warlock:
Http://jasonoleary.doesntexist.com/40/Melnor.dnd4e

Ed's Wizard:
Http://jasonoleary.doesntexist.com/40/Isvar.dnd4e

The Rogue (Either Ben or lacey..gender will change if lacey plays instead, but build will remain)
Http://jasonoleary.doesntexist.com/40/Alair.dnd4e

Syllven
09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
As far as what is allowed any class is fine, 1 thing i should mention is that the game will be much more intense and enjoyable if we have at least 1 person be of divine origin a cleric preferably.
I am using the WotC Character generator, if anyone doesnt have it i can work with you to get one made and printed out

As far as location i would need to see where other locations are exactly, the source is close to work atm, and eden prairie is close to home and i have a fairly crappy car so i prefer to be somewhere easy to get to in case of car trouble

If any of you happen to get others interested just let me know, i would have replied earlier today but i was checking my message box not the post heh
Ohh another thing i should point out, having a wide spread of skills would be in your best interest, unlike alot of 4th ed games i actually like to use skills and they will be important.
This may mean some talking between the group once we meet and if anyone wants to change skills i would have no probs i will also try and point out if i see alot of over lapping skills, like half the party trained in the exact same skill.
Things like climbing a cliff or crossing a river is handled through a group skill challange so only 1 person needs to have the appropriate skill high for the party to suceed i also build all my encounters with a balanced group in mind and this system is almost made for a balanced group to just rape encounters.

XXXJ666
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Thank you for the prompt reply in private messages. I will make the alterations needed on both chars to fit the campaign but would prefer to play the warlock. I am a bit flexible and may play what ever though. I have a new player that said he would be interested but could not start this sinday. I am working on 4 other people to try to get one or two out of them as well. I am eagerly looking forward to this game and meeting you all.

Syllven
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
oohh that is right i looked at the wrong one, i will check it out when i get home. And that sounds great, its no prob about this sunday because its next sunday, the 4th that i have a table reserved at the Source so we have plenty of time.

ClicheMonster
09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
thing i should mention is that the game will be much more intense and enjoyable if we have at least 1 person be of divine origin a cleric preferably

So I took the nudging of the GM and rolled up a cleric - Vikar Shadow-Watcher (http://tinyurl.com/mtez57), Goliath heretic cleric of The Raven Queen.

Definitely more of a "wade-in-there-and-smite-you" kinda priest, so if somebody else wants to make the uber healing laser cleric, there's likely still room for that in the party.

Looking forward to it -

/ak

XXXJ666
09-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I still have a few adjustments to make based upon your PM on the original character. I have 1 other DND but a stranger to RP noob that would like to play and working on a few others aggressively (I figure if i can over staff the group, most likely some will "not make it" and but us at the desired group number)
Player update. I have a sister who is roughly half my age who really wants to get in to the game. Another noob to 4.0 but if i can get commitment she'll play each session, I will have her over for some practice rounds and story building this weekend. She has some friends she thinks would dig it as well, but I am going to tell them to hold off and see what else we can get for experienced players before hand.

Hoping we hear back from Sixty soon ;)
If we get too many newer players and need additional skills to burn off some healing surges I can roll up a paladin as well....
With some conversation over potential location options with Syll. I have recruited another experienced player as well. I will talk with them about the character they are interested in shortly.
What time did we want to start the meet up on the fourth? I have 2 guys that drive from roughly 45 minutes south of me, then ill taxi em another 20min north, so we make sure there's enough time to get comfy?

Syllven
09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
rofl XXXJ666, do you live on this site :)

Sixty has been talking to me in PMs and is working up a character and i just wanna say <and i Never thought i would ever say this> okokok we have enough clerics! :)

We need a serious defender and controller here now followed with some strikers or some combination there of for a nicely balanced group. i will go look at current builds and post the current Party layout to help with the decision process.

XXXJ666 thats awesome i love to hear girls getting into RPing, they brng alot of dif ideas to the table and if she has friends that you find will commit the time to play, its ok if they are new. As far as i am concerned the 1st 6 people that commit to the game can get in, if a more experienced player is dancing around the idea then its their loss. I can feel out the game as we go on and see how the balance is and possibly add more players i just want to get a for sure 6 to get it started.

Game time on Sun Oct 4th is 2pm, if you can get there earlier let me know and i will get there at that time we should have a table even at 12 noon.
Ok here is a quick class break down atm
Melee Cleric <leader>
Warlock <striker, ranged>
Cleric <leader>
Fighter <defender>
Wizard <controller>
WOW scary hard group to kill. I would Seriously recomend a rogue at this point, we have enough melee character to make it dreamy and yes i DO use traps. But i leave the final choice to who ever makes the character.

XXXJ666
09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Alright I spent all day recruiting and working on forcing a variety of people to play heres what I have to fill out the group:

Alright here is what I have for players, I got another to leave one of his current games ( he plays numerous games a week across a few shops).

Jaseon (me) - Warlock
Ed - Wizard (controller)
Jason H - Warden (defender)
Ben Or Lacey (going to pick one of the two that can make more) I can force to play a striker or what ever else is needed.
And I haven't taken much notice in this site until I got emailed on your game. a) I am eager for a consistent group having a great time (I was on an off shift before so never got to play much)
b) I am working on showing my commitment to backing up and helping make this work :)
c) I have internet on the phone so I check it alot on break at work, and accompanied the wife at her office tonight so she could make up some time, and I had nothing else to do :)

I will have an updated Warlock build & Ed's Wizard Char linked most likely tomorrow some time, and then this weekend will get a build for the mystery player.
The warden is changing to a figter for a better fit for the group.

Syllven
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Ok looks like we are in the final prep steps for game day. i need everyone to post their characters WotC Character Generator file in this topic this weekend. If you don't have it done yet send me a PM, i am off tomarrow and will be checking frequently and can give any help anyone might need.
I want these up so i can populate some useful treasures for the group and make sure some fights are properly balanced
Oohh and if anyone is using any race other than PHB, PHB2, PHB3 or are playing a significantly unaligned character <minor poke to the heretic cleric ;). I will need a character story from you before we begin playing, which may be modified slightly by me to exlpain how or why you are out and about with the group.

Greiver3210
09-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Heya,
This is Jason H (mentioned in xxxj666's post). I was just trying to post my character generator file only to find that it is not an acceptable file type for attatchment, yay!

So Anyway, zip files are acceptable so throwing the character file in there seems to work just fine. Just a heads up for anyone trying to post theirs that, like me, didn't know about that.

*edit*
Sorry, sorry, slight changes to previously posted character sheet, nothing overly drastic thankfully.

XXXJ666
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
See my earlier post for newest char sheets. My Warlock is the correct file, The Wizard, and Rogue builds have also been uploaded.

-J
Char files arn't avail until 11pm tonight or so. Performing network / server maint / upgrades

Syllven
09-25-2009, 02:37 AM
OK this will be easier to adress right here rather than a bunch of PMs,
Isvar = you need to choose 3 1st level rituals then your A+
Melnor = this is kinda of my fault really, i fergot to mention it. No Evil deities, gotten so used to that when making characters i compltly forgot to mention it, also you would very likely become an NPC after certain events. Otherwise gtg
Krusk = you need to pick a deity to worship or you can never be raised if you die, must be an unaligned or nicer then your all set
ok new class break down
Shielding Cleric <leader>
Cleric <leader>
Warlock <striker>
Fighter <defender>
Wizard <controler>
Rogue <striker>
Swordmage <Defender>

Game is Full for now
Plan on meeting the Source on Sun Oct 4th before 2pm <1:45ish> so we are all ready to go. If the group decides we can meet their earlier as well

Nolofin
09-25-2009, 07:36 AM
hiya's I would be the owner of the swordmage for those who are curious.

XXXJ666
09-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Updated files uploaded. Same link's as previous post.

ClicheMonster
09-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Unaligned is where it's at. :D

Syllven
09-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Ok i just noticed this in alot of the characters, some people may not know that they changed it in the last update. You must choose what benefit you get separately from the background to get the backgrounds benefit. Also if you have not chosen a background, please do so this is a big part of your character and gives the framework of who your character was and how they see or interact with the world.

Otherwise the characters look very good, a few need some minor polish and i have sent PMs regarding those characters

Greiver3210
09-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Fixed again, now with background.

XXXJ666
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Here is a new wizard / controller. Build is almost the same as the previous outside of some ritual changes per the DM's advice. I also have swapped the player out.

XXXJ666
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Still juggling the 2 controllers around with the 2 players.One will be there but I have gotten alot of which washy yes and nos out of the, I will be bringing a sheet that has man parts , and a sheet with lady parts.... same skills etc.

XXXJ666
09-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Avenger upload attached if ok from DM (via PM sent) ..I found this easier to play goodly compared to the warlock. Great sword equipped as no skills learned require a holy symbol...

Syllven
09-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Just a reminder that we will be meeting this Sunday at the source at 2pm <come earlier if possible> With the exception of some very minor things everyones character looks good to go. If you can't print out the character sheet Please let me know before Sun and i will get it printed out and have it ready.

Syllven
10-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Just a second notice. I sent out a email regarding gaming this sunday or next and where we will be meeting. Jason if you could post a google map here or send your address out in the group email along with a contact number that would be awesome.

Syllven
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Due to some schedule conflicts it seems we have room for 1 or 2 more players. We are currently meeting every other sunday at the Source and could use some defenders or strikers. Send me a PM or respond here if you are interested in helping to drive back the growing shadow.

Next game day is the 29th and we will be starting the 2nd half of the 1st adventure.

gurusloth
11-18-2009, 12:46 AM
I might be interested in this. I'll work something up and send you a PM or something in the next couple of days. I'm thinking maybe a half-orc barbarian.

sn0wcrash
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi all- I will be moving to Northfield in December. I am looking for a group to play 4e in the area. I would like to play a warlock or a thief. Let me know if you are interested.

Syllven
11-28-2009, 10:08 AM
i think we are pretty full atm, possibly 8 people. If you want to make a level 2 rogue <we got a few arcana peoples> and come to the source this Sunday and see if we have room you can do that. Otherwise i can see what is what with everyone and i will know for sure after this session.

If you choose to come and see, its a level 2 22point buy FR background 1 level 3 or lower magic item. If we have the room, we will be happy to have you, if not you will be the 1st one i contact if space opens up.

Dotification
11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you Syllven, but yes, I can come Sunday, I'll just be 20 min or so late. PM'ing you my Barbarian pretty quick here (was waiting on a DDI subscription coupon, but that will be a couple weeks.)

Syllven
12-09-2009, 05:09 PM
We have room for 1 more player in this campaign. Level 2 all the way up to 30. We will be meeting this sunday so reply quickly if you want to get in. Pretty much any class since we have a decent balance.

sn0wcrash
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi - I would like to join in but I will be traveling this Sunday. Will you be playing next weekend or are you taking a break for Christmas?
Can you please post what the party is so far? race/class wise I mean.
Thanks!

Syllven
12-12-2009, 12:19 AM
we will be meeting again in January on the 10th at noon
not completely sure what classes and such we will have then, we do not have any warlocks or thiefs though. The classes i am sure on are a goliath warden, genasai sorcerer, human wizard, human cleric, and a tiefling bard

Syllven
12-19-2009, 06:43 PM
OK on Sunday the 27th we will be meeting for the last session of the year with quite the epic battle. Looking for a couple more to round the party out and come january 9th we will see who wants to stay on a regular basis.

ChikenNipplz
12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Im new to the area and was interested in joining...I know 4e quite well and willing to play any role. Also I was looking at a more stable game with same players. It seems that you guys are running a revolving door of players now and wanting to turn it into a few players all the time, is this accurate?

Syllven
12-24-2009, 10:35 PM
i always want a stable group of players and i am hoping after the new year that can happen, we have a solid group of about 6 people that play, its just getting all of them there each time. Would be glad to have you and i plan on doing some gaming this weekend on sunday 27th if you want to come, you need a level 2 forgotten realms character w/ 1 level 3 or lower magic item. Currently a defender would be the best

ChikenNipplz
12-25-2009, 11:14 AM
So is the plan going to pick a day and meet like once a week ie sunday at noon? You said there are 6 people right now? is that 6 players and a GM? I don't want it to b 2 corwded and we destroy all the encounters. When and where this weekend?

Syllven
12-26-2009, 12:07 AM
we meet every other sunday at noon at the Source for the time being.
The address and map are in the campaign info. Or you can look up Source Comics and Games.
Have no fear at the moment, any regular players you meet can tell you my hard fights are Hard and easily scaled

Syllven
02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
We are recruiting more players again. We are at 3 consistent players, a human wizard, gensai sorcerer, and an elf ranger. We also have a part time Bard and a currently MIA druid.
Looking for 2 committed players. A leader and a defender to round out the group and keep a nice average of 6 players. Currently we are at level 3, standard point build and standard high level items for starting -money, so 1 level 4 1 level 3 and 1 level 2 magic items and 100 gold for starting.