PDA

View Full Version : Add This feature.

martineargent
09-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi to all
I have seen this feature in another forum so i am suggesting this,
Here is the idea
When some one post new thread and press preview The list of thread would be appear which title matches with the new thread so he can see similar thread and do repeat the thread with same meaning..

Farcaster
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I am having a hard to imagining exactly what you are describing. Could you link to the forum that has this feature?

cplmac
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
:confused:

nijineko
09-21-2009, 11:10 PM
basically, he is describing a preview feature where it performs a keyword search of all the thread titles that have matching keywords. you write up your thread title, you hit preview, and in addition to showing you your post, it also comes up with a list of similar threads based on keyword.

i think he is going for a feature which, if used, will help prevent duplicate threads. =D

martineargent
09-24-2009, 05:28 AM
basically, he is describing a preview feature where it performs a keyword search of all the thread titles that have matching keywords. you write up your thread title, you hit preview, and in addition to showing you your post, it also comes up with a list of similar threads based on keyword.

i think he is going for a feature which, if used, will help prevent duplicate threads. =D
YES ,you got my idea..

Soft Serve
01-09-2010, 07:01 AM
YES ,you got my idea..

Seen this done on a few sites as well, but I haven't noticed Duplicate threads as a problem here. (Probably mainly because I lurk in the Horror section and NOBODY EVER POSTS THERE.)