PDA

View Full Version : Just started...

RAD7atmosphere
09-20-2009, 11:12 AM
About a week ago, my friend got a starter box of 40K, b/c me and him went to the gameshop and looked for games, and we found this. I have yet to come into money to buy my own set (I want Eldar) so he has some space marines and orcs we played with. We played straight tabletop and most of the pieces were unpainted...

While I'm waiting to get some of my own stuff, I want to make some terrains, but I don't know where to even start...
Can I get some help with ideas? Even a good website would help me out :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-20-2009, 11:14 AM
You should throw in a link. There are so many games and many have similar names.

RAD7atmosphere
09-20-2009, 11:17 AM
What do you mean?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Links showing visuals of the game you are speaking of. Perhaps even a wiki link as well describing said games.

RAD7atmosphere
09-20-2009, 11:23 AM
It's just Warhammer 40K, I am just wondering how to make terrains -n- such. I am REALLY new to this game, so sorry if I don't get what your saying. In fact, idk if he my friend is even real into it. The price of miniatures is kind of an issue.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-20-2009, 11:32 AM
It's just Warhammer 40K, I am just wondering how to make terrains -n- such. I am REALLY new to this game, so sorry if I don't get what your saying. In fact, idk if he my friend is even real into it. The price of miniatures is kind of an issue.

It's great once you have the pieces. But until then, the game can be costly. You might look at Ebay for some deals. There is a specific game store that deals solely with 40k found in many malls, they actually train you how to make terrains and paint as a free service, not to mention they sell everything you need to do so. Be sure to check it out. I'd give you the name of said store but i can't recall it at the moment. If you want me to find out, let me know and i will do some looking.

RAD7atmosphere
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure if they have a place like that over here in Ohio, but our one gamestore in Columbus teaches painting classes and has hosted games every Monday, I just gotta go check em' out.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Best of luck to you. It's great fun once you have the minis.

RAD7atmosphere
09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir. ;p

mrken
11-16-2009, 10:32 AM
My suggestion for you would be to go read the posts on this sub forum. Yeah I know, it won't be pre-digested for you but you will get way more out of it if you do the reading for yourself. If you let someone else do the work for you, you will not be satisfied with what they tell you as it will be from their perspective to satisfy their wants and needs. And unless you are willing to settle for someone else's idea of what is cool, you will most likely be unsatisfied and want someone else to suggest something more in line with what your wants/needs are.

If you really want to scratch where it itches, don't ask someone else to do the scratching. Google Terrain. A whole world in miniature will open up.

Welcome to the club.

mrken
11-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey RAD, you ever find anything you want to make? Any photos happen?