PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Dawn

AzgrymnThePale
09-18-2009, 03:10 AM
A dark fantasy/ scifi tabletop RPG where you and your crew adventure and explore the galaxy for loot, reputation, and cool points!

The campaign will begin as the Pray for Dawn module. There will be mature subject matters and disturbing themes.

This is a new RPG called Chaos 6010 A.D. Created by the Arcanum Syndicate. I am a writer and artist for the Arcanum Syndicate and the creator of Chaos 6010 A.D.

All you need to play is a character which can be downloaded here by choosing a premade or creating one from scratch. There are free chapters for creating your own that teach you how http://chaos6010.com/download.htm (http://chaos6010.com/download.htm)
You will also need to let me know your availability, times and days that you can play. I try and run a weekly game session that lasts from 4 to 6 hours per session. We play on a VTT (virtual tabletop) where you get to choose a miniature, place it on the map and move it around during combat. You can also roll dice and it is a text based chat room as well. Those who design characters from scratch and can give me a nice backstory on them gain extra cool points. For instance what happened to the character's parents, where did he/ she learn their training, etc.

I don't want to spoil what the game will be about, but I will say post apocalyptic, horror, dark future, psychological thriller, adventure. You and your crew members must survive a nightmare that you all awaken within. Each turn could be the wrong one, each choice your crew decides on could be your last.

You may check out the website for more information on the history of the game and read the free downloads for a little more information. Let me know if you have any questions. http://chaos6010.com/index.htm (http://chaos6010.com/index.htm)

We also may be having a contest for a free Chaos 6010 A.D. rulebook. Available to those players who join a crew and play to win. Further details will be given at a later date. Thanks all, talk to you soon.

-Rogue

Raiygn
09-18-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm interested in joining. I'm available thursdays, fridays in the afternoon/night and saturdays all day. (US Central time zone)

KayeoticNeutral
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
My only problem is that currently my only days I am ever avaiable are on Wednesday and Friday. I have games every other day of the week... and even Wednesdays and Fridays aren't always open because I run a couple of solo games for Zeneak and Hidan.

AzgrymnThePale
09-19-2009, 04:49 PM
That's okay. We have a Saturday night crew starting a bi-weekly campaign. It looks like we will be starting at 10pm EST.

I also have a Wednesday night slot available to form a crew starting at 10pm EST. Each crew will run it's own competition for the prize. A minimum of 3 players is needed to form the competition. The max number of players per crew will be 6. If any of these slots might work for anyone let me know. If not you can let me know when you do have an availability and perhaps I can create a time for you to play with a new crew. I try to be as open as possible to whatever makes the players more comfortable. Thanks for posting :)

-Rogue

Pandaa
09-21-2009, 02:25 AM
I really enjoyed playing Chaos 6010 A.D. and I feel privelaged that I was able to be a part of one of the first crews. The pray for dawn campaign actually gave me nightmare lol! I kept seeing that fat nasty guy in the gimp armor chasing us down the hallway. I have to say it is my favorite so far.

I wish I had more time to play again. Ah perhaps I will again soon but for now the kids keep me occupied. You are a very good GM and story teller too! I would recommend this game to anyone. Good luck!

Jak
09-21-2009, 05:50 AM
This mod rocks! My advice to players is to turn off the lights and put on some creepy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcDQzX4GqIk&feature=related music. Chaos 6010 is a very cool game. I'm looking forward to the expansion.

AzgrymnThePale
09-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Hello all,
Thanks for your support and kind words. There were many years of play testing that went into the creation of this game and I can't take all of the credit. Over these years all the great play testers too that have been involved and shared ideas have helped.

As far as the Pray for Dawn module goes, it is horrifying. It's a very good module to run through. There are so many different options as well. You can choose so many places to run to so naturally the story will often be different for each crew. There are so many side quests involved in it as well, you never know what might be down each street.

So far we have a crew formed to begin on Saturday October 3rd at 10pm EST. This will be a bi-weekly campaign so every other Saturday at the sae time will most likely be the case. The member with the best roleplaying that is awarded the most cool points

misteradam
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm interested in joining the new campaign. Going to check out the premade characters and info a bit tonight.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
forgot to mention that I am available after 10pm once a week. 6 hours is a long time for me to sit there, though. Do we get potty breaks?

AzgrymnThePale
09-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Lol yea you get potty breaks and can stop whenever you need to. :)