PDA

View Full Version : Play by post Alternity

squidyak
09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I've had trouble putting together a face to face game so I'll be running a pbp instead. The system will be Alternity, but the campaign is not decided on. When I get at least 4 players together we'll have a vote on the campaign details. I'm comfortable running everything from sci-fi to stone age. The campaign will be hosted either at Obsidian Portal or my WotC Alternity Group. If you're interested shoot me a line.

savoylen
09-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Alternity Rocks!
Star*Drive, Dark*Matter, or something else?

Will the PbP be here or will it be on somewhere else?

squidyak
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM
The campaign setting hasn't been determined yet, I'm going to leave that up to the players. Anything from stone age to Star*Drive. I haven't decided yet if it'll be on Obsidian Portal or the Wizards website, but I'm leaning towards Obsidian Portal.

squidyak
09-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Now up to 3 players, one more needed. Will definitely be hosted on Obsidian Portal now.

Dytrrnikl
09-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm interested. I'm going to throw my two cents in for Star Drive. I've always wanted to play that setting. I have to admit, I've never actually had the chance to play Alternity, even though I have the Player's Guide, GM Guide, and Stardrive Campaign sourcebook.

squidyak
09-20-2009, 10:46 AM
ok, if anyone wants to talk about campaign specifics you can contact me on AIM: squidyak01 is my sn.

squidyak
09-21-2009, 06:17 AM
The campaign site is up and running here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/freespace , though it's still in its formative stages. It's Star*Drive with a twist (militant Mechalus, Illithid overlords, Star Wars fanatic weren, etc.) The campaign takes place in the Verge, which is now the focal point of struggles between humans, mechalus, illithid, and others to be named later. While battles between these factions are rare, tensions are high.

There's plenty of room if anyone else wants to jump in. Players must make an OP profile to participate though, as the campaign will be played with wiki posts.