PDA

View Full Version : Mission One: An Extraction

Marley117
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Dreams. The experts said you didn't dream, but you do. Good dreams, nightmares, they all blend together in the endless sleep. Off in the distance there is a hiss and a crack. Something uncomfortable brushes your skin in the darkness. Something wet, slimy, cold. Air blows hot and warm over your face, and fear claws at you.

A light blinks red twice, and the young Asian man moves over to the consol. The four outlines of human bodies read green.

There is another hiss, and everything goes white. Hot air blasts your body, and you feel bile rise in your throat. Training kicks in, but your body won't respond.

A com crackles to life, and the voice of a young man filters through. "Welcome back. Everything looks good here. Sorry for the rude wakening, but it seems we have an update. " The voice cuts out.

The dim metal of the walls and floors glisten in the fluorescent light, and the grate of the floor feels warm against your bare feet. A door hisses open and a man strides in, dressed in a black jumpsuit with a gold bar on the shoulder. Lieutenant Johnson is a strong, older looking black man with a stern face. He looks you over once, the cuts his head to the side.

"Wake up marines. You've got a job to do! Get dressed and meet me in the briefing room in 10!"

The door closes without a sound. Everything starts to come back. You are on the UNSS: In Amber Clad, medium battle cruiser, heading to investigate reported uprisings on one of the colonies.

NOTE: You are all familiar with the layout of the ship. Cryo-room III (where you are) is right down the hall from your locker room and bunk area. On the same deck is the mess hall and gym area (weight room, sports, fighting ring, etc) Two decks down is where the hangers start, and where all of your arms and equipment are stored. The deck directly above you is intelligence and briefing. Everything above that is officer's area and the Bridge and all of that. The aft of the ship is completely dominated by the engine area, and going throughout the entire ship are maintenence hatches for repair crews and such.

Necron99
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
John lets out a weary sigh, "Well...another glorious day."

Misunderstand
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Orlando slowly opens his eyes with a heavy sigh he steps forward and into the light. "Again into the gate of hell." Orlando looks tot he other pods seeing that hsi brother and sister have still live to fight he kneels down and says a small prayer to tanks and one for forgiveness then stands and slowly walks to the locker room. As he starts to place his gear on one peace at a time he softly humming the battle hymn to the republic to himself though those around him can hear hear him. as each piece of amour snaps into place he says a prayer over the gear. He looks around the room with a grim look and walks to the briefing room and waits for the others.

Necron99
09-15-2009, 11:20 PM
John, still with heavy feet, walks over to the locker room and performs a few stretches in his arms and legs, trying to rid himself of the stiffness from the cyrostasis. After getting dressed, he flexes his muscles and moves his limbs one at a time to test his mobility. "Another mission...I wonder what the Lieutenant has for us this time." After a brief moment to make sure he has all of his clothing in order, he quickly grooms himself at his locker and makes his way to the briefing room to join Orlando and wait for the others.

Pieh
09-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Damn, I could use a smoke, was Reams' first thought. Never should have quit in the first place. He instinctively reached for his chest pocket after the Lieutenant had gone, but soon remembered they didn't freeze you with your smokes. Too bad, guess it'll have to wait.

He sluggishly got out of his Cryo-Tube and made his way to the lockers, greeting the others passively. John and Orlando were quicker about this than himself and Thaydra. Too eager to die, He thought to himself, as he dressed and groomed for breifing.

Reams entered the briefing room, still trying to get the taste of Cryo-Sleep out of his mouth...

KayeoticNeutral
09-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Thaydra, otherwise known as Sergeant Fateblade, was never in a great rush to wake... it was one of the finer qualities of being in a position of higher power than at least 95% of the people, not having to be one of the first to jump out of bed and into Hellfire.

She stretched and yawned in a slow, almost cat-like manner before setting foot on the floor.

"Now to get geared up and sit through yet another briefing..." she thought. "...Funny how they never do seem very brief."

Thaydra sauntered over to the briefing room after getting cleaned and geared up. The others were already there, as they generally were by the time she made her appearance at any briefing. She was never real late, but never exactly rushed here in the mornings just to hear what she pretty much already knew or at-least figured.

She seated herself comfortably in her usual chair and flashed her usual smile at Lt. Johnson "Morning Lieutenant"

Marley117
09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
The Lieutenant is standing in front of a semi-circular metal table. The room is dark when you enter. There is a grim look on the Lieutenant’s face. Lieutenant Johnson has a reputation for being a helluva leader, and you all know it personally. He has seen more wars than you have days, and has been to hell and back. Despite this, he isn’t a big man. In fact, he is rather short, but stocky, his dark brown skin wrinkled with age. Despite this, he looks to be in perfect shape, and has sharp brown eyes that take you all in at a glance.

“Good to see a pretty face.” He says with a trace of a smile. “That’s more than I can say for the rest of you!” He lets the friendly insult hang for a moment, but there is no humor to be found. The holo-vid flashes on behind him, illuminating everything in an unearthly blue glow, and his face returns to the same grim expression.
“I’m not going to bull-shit you. We have a problem. That’s why they called you first. “ Behind him a planet takes shape. It is a small moon with a vaguely green tint to it, though it is hard to tell in the light. The words ‘Medusa V’ scroll underneath it, along with a reading of statistics. Gravity, oxygen level, technology level, etc.
“Boys and girls. It seems like the riots on Medusa V are worse than we thought. Either they didn’t report accurately, or it was….it doesn’t matter. All that does is this.” The map zooms in and hovers over a large city. ‘Sain Han’ scrolls below, along with a population total. Population: 1’234’500
The map shows a modern metropolis, surrounded by a forest. Roads lead out, but there don’t seem to be any suburbs at all. Other boxes pop up around the map, each an aerial recording. Smoke billows from the streets, and in one of the videos you see an explosion blossom soundlessly in the distance.

Abruptly they all freeze, and you see Johnson rub his eyes. “The terrorists have threatened to detonate a MKIII-278 Tactical Nuke in the city. Tonight. It’s outdated, but it is still big enough to wipe out everything in the area.
Here it is. You have 8 hours to get in and get the terrorist leader. We need him alive. It is the only way to stop this insurrection permanently. Find out where they are hiding, and finish this. He is in the city.” A marker pops up red on the map and flashes. “Intel reports that he is somewhere in this area. This needs to be fast, and it needs to be quiet. Understood? Questions?”

Misunderstand
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
"So what kind of resistance are we going to see down there? Small arms, heavy weapons?" Orland lets no emotion show on his face as he speaks. "Just want to know what type of hell I'm dropping into." he lets out a sigh "Or is that in-tell just as good as the stuff we got on the riots?"

KayeoticNeutral
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
"Good to see a pretty face", the Lieutenant says. The corners of his lips have faintly risen at this point, and it was the closest thing she'd ever seen to a smile from him so it was always a welcoming gessture... for as barely noticeable as it was, it was rare.

Lieutenant Johnson entailed the dangers that have been occuring and intensifying on Medusa V, particularly in Sain Han. "How could this have been happening?" she wondered. "...wait, an MKIII-278... I haven't seen or heard anything about one of those in a while."

"This needs to be fast, and it needs to be quiet. Understood? Questions?" She hears the Lieutenant finish.

"Quick, Quiet, Keep the bastard alive. Got it." She stands from her seat and makes way to the door, then turns to face everyone. "We're on it, Lieutenant. Come on guys, let's not keep the scumbag waiting." She hadn't even realized questions were still being asked-- she was ready to get the job done.

Misunderstand
09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Orlando lets the next question trail off as his sergeant get up and leave the briefing room say they were on it. He looks to the LT. then the other and holding back a smile he calls out to her "HEY SARG! Don’t you want the tactical analyses….?” He turns back to the LT. “Well I guess we could brief her on the way down.” He lets out a deep sigh “As I was saying what the hell do we know about what the hell is going on down there?” Though in the back of his head he was jsut as eger to get ground under his feet again. The lord's work is never done he thought to himself as he waited for the LT to respond.

Necron99
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
John continues to sit in his chair, slightly slouching foward with his hands grasping eachother, and his elbows on his knees. John looks over to Orlando, and with one foot twitching up and down he says, "Sir, I would also like to know what we're up against." And continues to listen to what the LT has to say.

Pieh
09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
"Fast? Quiet? Sounds like my deal. Not sure about the whole 'alive' thing after I'm done, but I'll try" Said Reams with a grin. "And hold up there Fateblade, we're gonna need a bit more intel if the job's gonna get done right." He looked at the fire in her eyes, that fire always got him right in the chest. It gave him a pain, like a cigarette slowly working its way through his flesh. She was one helluva woman. He checked his pocket for his smokes, Right, I quit...

KayeoticNeutral
09-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Thaydra marched back into the room and plopped back into her chair with a fiery look in her eyes and a huff.

Once seated, she began to mutter "We're rushed for time, but yet everyone wants to chat about what's out there..." her voice grew to a normal tone. "My only question is is there anything out there that a gun won't kill or that highly trained, professional marines can't handle? Better yet... that I can't handle? Seriously..."

She glanced over at Reams as he checked his pocket "You quit, remember?" Then she let up a little and grinned. "I don't know if it was a worse habit when you smoked or if it's a worse habit that you check for something you don't have every two minutes."

Misunderstand
09-19-2009, 09:01 AM
There wasn't much that scared Orlando but when the sarg got that look in her eye it made him wary. Death was something Orlando was seeking but he wasn't going to find it before his work was done. " I am not saying there isn't anything down there we can handle. But we all remember the last time we jumped blind don't we." Orlando let the words hang in the air a moment "Now then." He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a pack of smokes and a lighter and tosses them to John "For all our sakes start again this is a bad day to be wanting something like that." He turn back toward the LT and waits for his question to be asked. You would think that we were a bunch of kids and not an elite fighting force sometimes He thought to himself. The memories of lost comrades is a constant in his mind. Gregory, Nathan, Nickolaus, Mathew the list goes on as he says their names inside his head Anna, Kenneth......Orlando's eyes grow hard as he stairs forward.

Marley117
09-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Johnson watched everything with a passive look on his face, used to the squabbling of the marines. He had been with every single one of them on more missions than he could remember, and knew their strengths and weaknesses. This squad was determined and well balanced. They worked like a unit when it counted, and looked out for each other. He knew that, and respected them. They followed their Sarge, but kept the spitfire in line.

Moments of silence passed, and Johnson put his hands flat on the table to look everyone in the eye. “Told you I won’t bullshit you Rev.” He said, looking at Orlando. “We know they have old UNSC tech. Which means Assault Rifles, Battle Rifles, grenades, the works. You will be facing down everything from the past 30 years, but I don’t want this to be a run and gun! Remember, “ He smashes his hand onto the table for emphasis, “ Fast and quiet. The longer you are there, the more people will die, the less likely you are getting out without a serious fight. I don’t want to have to come save your sorry asses…again.”

“Just be ready, stay alert, and keep your com silent. You aren’t the only team being dropped. Zero’s being dropped too, to take care of the Tactical Nuke, but that’s it. Don’t blow it.” He stands back up and snaps a salute.

“Now get your asses to bay 16. Get suited up and grab your gear. You go in quiet and hot. In and out. You have the known location of the terrorist leader, and we will be beaming info to your HUD as we get it. The AI in the city will help you out whenever it can, give you more info, and get your eyes in everywhere. Use it.

And marines…..good luck.”

Necron99
09-19-2009, 09:02 PM
A sly smirk on John's face appears, eager for the challenge and confident in his and the group's ability. He jumps to attention and salutes, "Yes sir!"

Pieh
09-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Reams likewise stood up and snapped out a salute and a loud and clear "Yes, Sir!" He pulled a left face and awkwardly, yet instinctively, maneuvered out of the briefing room. Once into the hall, he hauled ass with the rest of them down to Bay-16 for their gear. With a cool smile on his face, he yelled, "The Devil damn well better have a nice cold beer waiting for me when I show up. What're the odds, Reverend?"

Necron99
09-20-2009, 01:33 AM
As John ran with the rest of the group to Bay-16, he gives a hearty laugh in response to Reams' comment, "Hell, as long as they have beer there I'm sure we'll be downing them!"

KayeoticNeutral
09-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Thaydra sprung from her seat lightning-quick, saluted the Lieutenant and rushed off to Bay-16 with a smile.

"About time we got this show on the road." She called out as she hauled tail. "Funny how they're called briefings and they take forever."

She then finished gearing up, though she had most everything already. She tends to be a few steps ahead quite often, as she was impatient or rather anxious to get things done.

"I'm just glad to get back into action..." she thought. "It's such a drab being cooped up on-ship... it's no wonder Reams hasn't stopped fumbling for smokes; there is nothing else to do on the damned thing."

Pieh
09-20-2009, 05:28 PM
"Hell, yeah!" He replied ton John, as they got geared up. "We keep that place in business." He laughed at Fateblade's joke, "You gotta admit they've kept us alive a few times, I think a little intel can go a long way. And, like a bullet, its accuracy can mean the death of you or the opposition. Keep that in mind."

KayeoticNeutral
09-20-2009, 05:37 PM
"Yeah, yeah... I know what I am doing... but I do suppose you boys need direction." She retorted half-jokingly.
She then took a stance by the door and waited for the rest of the group to get the rest of their gear.

Necron99
09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Once in the hanger, John walks to his locker and begins strapping on his armor, remembering all the times it has saved his ass. "Do me proud again," he says to his chestpiece while strapping it into place. He begins equipping his other equipment (ammo, grenade, mre's), and checks to see if he has everything in order.

Once he is finished getting all of the secondary equipment, he reaches for his submachine gun and then he checks to make sure the weapon is in good working order. Lightly tapping it to his heart, "Dispatch my enemies swiftly and silently."

John holsters his weapon and reaches for his knife from the locker and checks its sharpness. "Might be needing you as well." He then sheathes his knife with authority.

After getting all of his equipment in order, he quickly finishes one spare MRE from his locker while the rest of the squad finishes getting ready.

Misunderstand
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Orlando stands just as quickly take one last look at the LT "Buy you a drink when I get back." He turns on his heels and follows the other. "Well Reams, In hell there is as much alcohol that you could ever drink, But you will always be thirsty and never get drunk." When he got to Bay-16 He nodded to the Sarge and kept moving to his gear locker. He smiled standing in front of it look at his suit. He start to strip off the light armor he keeps in his locker and he slowly places each piece of armor on with reverence.

He slips into the legs of the armor "Guild me as I walk into death." stepping into his boots. "I shall crush the unfaithful beneath my heel." Pulling the chest plate and arms on "Protect my heart from evil and guild my arms that i may slay those that would do the innocent harm." Slipping his hands into his gloves "Keep my hand steady as I smite down my foes." When he grabs his helmet he looks at it for a moment and lets a sinister grin cross his face as he stairs into the death skull painted on the out side of it. He quietly places it on his he reaches for his rifle the looks to his fellow ODST and speaks "Come!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him." The seals hiss as he complete the ritual he scan his fellow marines. "Four we are the four Horsemen and we bring swift death on all that oppose us." With those last words he turned and start toward his drop pod quiet and clam praying for the safe return of his comrades and for the success of his mission. We can not fail even if my life become forfeit I will not let that bomb go off. These would be his last thoughts as he stepped into his pod and waited to be sealed in.

Marley117
09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
The docking bay doors open into a large bustling chamber. A depression is on one side, and mechanics work in the red light, moving around and under many M12 LRV’s parked there. Nicknamed ‘Warthogs’ for the distinctive tusks protruding from the front, and from the low grumble, each is a hardy all terrain vehicle. The 50mm cannon on the back isn’t something to scoff at either. The techs nod as you enter.

Along the back wall are a row of black holes where the HEV’s usually sit. Each is retracted and tucked up for storage. The center of the hanger is dominated by a D77-TC-Pelican Dropship. A ramp is descended and leads right up into the belly of the Dropship. Two stubby wings support large turbines that can fly almost without a sound when needed, and a large canon on the front allows it to defend itself if need be. A young woman leans again the side of it, her face partially obscured by her flight helmet.

“Marines.” She says, motioning your group over. “Shooting stars would be a bit too conspicuous tonight. “ She laughs, pointing at the HEV’s.

“Nope. We’re taking my baby down tonight. You’re with me. Call me Foehammer. I’ll be your eyes in the sky, and your quick retreat if need be.” She says, patting the large ship reverently. She climbs inside the dropship and moves past the rows of seats into the cockpit. A roar fills the room as she powers up the engines. Her voice crackles over your comm. “Bird’s flying in 5. Strap in boys and girls.”

KayeoticNeutral
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
"I can't help but think those should be nicknamed something besides 'Warthog'..." She glanced over the at the M12 LRVs. "They're sleek and almost cat-like... like a puma."

Fateblade's thoughts were cut off by a young woman's voice. "Marines..." there was a slight pause and Thaydra looked over to see a woman with a flight helmet and suit motioning everyone toward her "shooting stars would be a bit too conspicuous tonight."

The woman continued to talk, the boys continued to stand there and Thaydra made way into the ship behind this chick that was obviously going to be their new ride just after she woman patted it and refered to it as her "baby."

"Foehammer... that's a funny name..." Thaydra thought to herself as she strapped in.

Misunderstand
09-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Orlando step away from the pods "Sorry mama, old habits die hard." He approached the pelican "Call sigh Foe-hammer, I like it." Orland grins to himelf as e walks up the ramp and into the compartment. He pauses and looks around More seats should be filled that just us four he thought to himself. "Guide us well Foe-hammer I have many souls to reap and little time to do so." he spoke over the com He sat down and strapped in "Well this being a silent drop ill spare you all the drop sermon this time." He smiled knowing that they put up with it as much as they needed the words during the drops. "I guess I'll just have to do it on the way up." he closed his eyes and began to pray to himself waiting for the command to go.

Necron99
09-23-2009, 03:43 PM
John runs up the ramp, eager to get going. After finding a seat, he crosses his arms and waits for the departure. "I hope this is a quick one. I'll be looking forward to some cold brews and some food upon our return." He remains in his seat, calm and collected.

Pieh
09-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Reams walked up the ramp and found a seat. Forehammer, he thought, she sounds like fun. As the engines hummed to life, and he finally managed to figure out the complex buckle system, he ran his hands down the side of his sniper rifle like it was the inner thigh of a lover. "We're gonna do beautiful things, baby" He said, perhaps louder than he intended.

KayeoticNeutral
09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Thaydra turned her head quickly to her right side at Reams and eyed him a bit curiously as she crossed her legs.

"What was that you said there, Reams?" She perplexed an eyebrow upon speaking and leaned toward him sightly. Suddenly interested in something aside from the mission a brief moment.

Pieh
09-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Thaydra startled Reams for a moment, but he always was quick to regain his cool. "You heard me, baby. You. Me. Bombs lighting up the sky. Evil doers to be put down. Tonight's gonna be magic." He laughed silently to himself, You're gonna get me in trouble, he thought to his gun.

KayeoticNeutral
09-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Sergeant Fateblade leaned back and away from Reams slowly and a faint grin made appearance on her face.

"Right... right..." she said in a slightly sarcastic tone. She then gathered herself and went back to her usual speaking voice. "Well, then... from now on, it's not 'baby', it's Sarge or Fateblade... you know that..." She retorted before the others could question her relation to Reams.

One of her legs shookup and down lightly and she stared off in front of her. "Could we get going now? I think we've burned one of our originally eight hours we were given to do this thing."

Misunderstand
09-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Orlando chimes in over the com "Hey Killin the evil doers is my stick."
He smiles to himself and leans back There should be some good killin to do this time. Orlando closes his mind and begins to recite the litanies of battleto himself.

Marley117
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
The Pelican hums beneath your feet as the ramp rises up. There is a hiss as the seal sets, and red warning lights flair up outside of the ship. The crew moves out, and the Pelican turns to face the outer door. The bay decompresses as the door opens up into inky blackness. Through the small viewports you can see pinpoints of light that could be other ships or stars. From this distance, with the naked eye, it is impossible to tell.

The throttle kicks in and you hear Foehammer whoop as the dropship clears the bay. Weightlessness sets in as the Pelican turns, the front window filling with the view of a very lush planet. At least it once was. The clouds over many areas have turned grey, as if there is a huge hurricane.

“ETA 40 minutes. Hold tight. “

The planet looms larger as Foehammer accelerates. After about 25 minutes the weightlessness ends, and the ship lurches to one side. The straps dig into your armor as you are thrown and jostled around. The viewpoints tinge red, then become fully engulfed as the atmosphere heats the outside of the dropship. Turbulence whips and tears at the Pelican, throwing you all around. After a few moments everything settles down, and a sea of green opens up before you.

In the distance you can see the city. It seems to meet the wood abruptly, just stopping. On all sides, and on most of the planet, is a large jungle, only broken up by the world’s one sea and a few mountain ranges. The comm. Crackles to life.

“We’ll be setting down in 3 minutes. Get ready. You’ll be right beside the outskirts of the city. Can’t get you any further out, nowhere to land, and I’m sure as hell not flying over that city.” She says in her distinct southern drawl. The ramp opens and flattens out, giving you all an impressive view the jungle behind you. Warm air tears at all of you, and the few that aren’t wearing their helmets smell an odd mixture of jungle, decay and the smells of a city.

The Pelican levels off and sets down, swinging around so that the ramp is right next to a large wall. The wall surrounds the city, keeping the forest and everything in it out. The only distinguishing feature is a large drainage pipe that is slowly trickling water into the area around it.

“This is where I take my leave. Call me if you need anything. Foehammer out. “

Necron99
09-25-2009, 07:11 PM
John, with a few beads of sweat running down his face from the heat, stands up with weapons and equipment ready, falls in and waits for orders.

Misunderstand
09-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Orlando hums a few hynms tohimself on the way down. This is much easier to the body then the drop pods. He smiles as he feel real gravity set in and know the time is close. when he hears Foehammer call out he hops to un dooing his harness with ease and darts down the ramp and take s his spot scanning the area for targets and awaits further orders from the Sarg.

Time to end this, time to take down the heart of the problem. we will not fail. I will not fail not again...

KayeoticNeutral
09-29-2009, 07:58 PM
"Here we are men... Sain Han, our modern Hell... Let's go find the devil." Thaydra said somewhat hushed to her crew as she stepped out of the pelican. The fire in her eyes was raging wild and a grin was making way across her countenance as she pat the gun at her side.

Necron99
10-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Eager to move out, John readies his firearm and speaks up. "Orders, Sarge?" John then scans the landscape, taking in his surroundings.

KayeoticNeutral
10-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Emrys looked around and glanced over at a grate in the wall of the city and grinned.

"There..." she said motioning to the grate. "Alright, let's get the strongest of you boys up in front in case we run into anything ugly."

Thaydra walked up to the grate to open it. Upon doing so... a somewhat foul stench emitted from the grate.

She turned back to face her men. "Well boys-- who goes in front, Hmm? Perhaps John would like to?" She perplexed her right brow slightly.

Misunderstand
10-02-2009, 11:30 AM
With out a word Orlando moves to the grate that Fateblade had moved and dropped down. He click on his light and looks around in the sewer. "Clear" is called out. He moves a few feet away fromt he opening to allow the others to drop down.

Necron99
10-02-2009, 07:29 PM
John scurries down the grate into the sewer, ignoring the foul smell, and moves a few feet ahead of Orlando to take his position and wait for the others.

KayeoticNeutral
10-05-2009, 12:42 PM
"Well, what're you waiting for, Reams? 7 hours will pass long before Christmas comes." Thaydra calls out. "We can dilly-dally around on the ship after the mission is accomplished."

Pieh
10-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Reams looked at her for a moment, he had been spacing out since they awoke from cryo-sleep. He had yet to fully comprehend the seriousness of the situation. "Yes, Sarge." Reams said, then, with a wink behind his helmet, he muttered, "I look forward to the after-mission dilly-dallying." Running forward and taking his place behind Orlando, he thought, I sure hope that means what I think it does...

Marley117
10-08-2009, 12:44 PM
The sewer cracks with a waft of air. Thankfully your helmets are on. The fetid air burshes over the group unnoticed. Ahead the pipe stretches on, dissipearing into a faint haze in the light. In your HUD the overlay of the city winks on, and a pulsing red arrow appears.

The bottom of the pipe has a slick layer of sludge in it. It rises up to about Orlando's knee as he trudges forward. As you enter the sewer system there is a faint crackling sound heard through your helmet. The map fazes for a second, then halts. The winking red arrow stops pulsating, and remains on for a moment before fading out.

There is a hiss of static from your comm, then all is silent.

Necron99
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
John, remaining silent, instantly goes into full combat readiness, scans the pipe in front of him for threats, and quickly checks behind him to see if the rest of his squad is experiencing the same troubles in his comms.

Misunderstand
10-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Orlando looks around to see if his fellow marines are having the same trouble. he keeps moving forward ever on the alret. He reach down and unclips his knife read to use over the gun if needed. He sigals to the sarg that he is having a helmet malfunction but keep moving on waiting for trouble.

Necron99
10-09-2009, 02:32 PM
John then quickly mounts the silencer on his gun, in case they run into any trouble

KayeoticNeutral
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
There was a faint, brief crackling sound as they trudged through the muck of the sewer.
"Gah!" Thaydra exclaimed. "Cursed helmet..."
It was about this time that Orlando had signaled her that he was having a malfunction as well.
"Great..." She whispered to herself. "There is a problem in our signals here... of course..."
She followed close in behind the boys and kept a close eye up ahead to see that they don't encounter any major problems.

Necron99
10-22-2009, 02:52 AM
John plods along in the sewer, staying close to his squad. After some annoying signal problems in the sewers, John motions in hand signals, asking what their next move is.

"Man, we need to get outta this shithole. I just fully polished my gear," John grumbles to himself as he continues to walk through the nasty water.

Necron99
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
In a fit of rage, John takes his gun, turns it towards his party and empties his clip into everyone. Blood and gore covering the walls.

"After over a month of walking around in this sewer, I say this mission is over."

John takes his grenades, pulls out all the clips and screams "FOR ALLAH!!!"

Heads turn in the town as a rumble is felt underground off in the distance.