PDA

View Full Version : 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars

Marley117
09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I am thinking of running a game of 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars on here, either as a PBP or chat. I posted up a thread to see interest, but I thought i'd also post here.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12774 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12774)

3:16 Is a space military style game that can be based around a lot of things. Intermilitary relations, interparty relations, dark humor, grim hope, dark future, etc. Really it is up to the players on how they flesh out their characters and how they react to situations. The themes and morals develop in the actual play.

I have played it a couple of times, and it is a lot of fun. It is about 50-50 combat to role-playing, but most of the time it is story driven. Character creation is very simple, and takes about 10 minutes. Trust me...it is the easiest character i've ever made.

Combat is simple, yet fun. Everyone adds flavor and description, so it tends to get pretty gory. Mood for the game is a mix between Warhammer 40k and Starship Troopers. Warhammer for the intermilitary and grim future, Starship Troopers for the dark humor and combat.

So any ideas? I will let everyoned decide if they would prefer PBP or chat, though I think either would work. If you have any questions PM me or post here. This will be my first time GMing for a group other than my best friend and brother, so i'm a bit nervous.

Just lemme know :)

Necron99
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm interested...never played this before. How does one go about creating a character?

Marley117
09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Just head up to the PBP thread we have, called 3:16 Feet First Into Hell, and there is a character sheet.

Just come up with your:

Name:

FA (fighting Ability)
NFA(non-fighting Ability)

and that's it. You have 10 points to spend between FA and NFA and after you get that finished we get your rank and weapons! Welcome to the ODST marine.