PDA

View Full Version : After Holiday Ponderings. Share some of yours.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
After Holiday Ponderings. Share some of yours.

Here's three i found on the net and I'd thought I'd share:

1) COWS

Is it just me, or does anyone else fined it amazing
that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track
a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right
to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington ?
And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are
unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around
our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow..

2) THE CONSTITUTION

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for
Iraq .... Why don't we just give them ours? It was
written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for
over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

3) THE 10 COMMANDMENTS

The real reason that we can't have the Ten
Commandments posted in a courthouse or Congress is this --
you cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' 'Thou
Shalt Not Commit Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not
Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and
politicians ..... it creates a hostile work environment.

Okay, remember folks, this is about the fun factor, so enjoy. http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

What share the rest of you?

Oh, and remember folks: This is a thread about ponderings, NOT a thread on why you don't agree with others' ponderings. In short, i don't want this thread turning into a mean-spirited debate thread. It's cool to agree with others, but if you disagree, please refrain from debate-for obvious reasons.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Can I use those in one of my articles? They are awesome.

Or I could use my paladin powers to smite you :) but your too much fun to smite. For now.

I got one: GOP

Ever notice how they lie, twist words, omit words, double talk, half truth, gloss over, miss the point, and follow a corpse as their leader?
And then they say it's the Democrats that are destroying America with their "values."

cplmac
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Not much we can do about #2 and #3, since those listed in #3 don't want to mess up all thier cushy benifits they are reaping as listed in #3. Yes, by all means, tell each illegal that they get a free cow. Then track them back down using the cow. When we deport the illegal, we keep the cow.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
We could let them keep the cow in their homeland and use it for labor/food. Might boost the local economy.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Can I use those in one of my articles? They are awesome.

Or I could use my paladin powers to smite you :) but your too much fun to smite. For now.

I got one: GOP

Ever notice how they lie, twist words, omit words, double talk, half truth, gloss over, miss the point, and follow a corpse as their leader?
And then they say it's the Democrats that are destroying America with their "values."
If you add...and the Republicans..to your last line, you'll have my agreement.

Now, ... :focus:
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Not much we can do about #2 and #3, since those listed in #3 don't want to mess up all thier cushy benifits they are reaping as listed in #3. Yes, by all means, tell each illegal that they get a free cow. Then track them back down using the cow. When we deport the illegal, we keep the cow.
Hilarious. :laugh:

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
How was it off topic? It was an after holiday musing. And how can one stay on topic in the off topic section of the forum? and how does adding that last part make any sense?

If your gripe is that I'm a Dem, I'm a moderate Republican who realizes both parties suck. I also have too much free time, as demonstrated by this post :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
It wasn't off topic; in fact it was on-topic. My response, although immensely enjoyable to read, didn't bring anything to the topic, therefore my response was off-topic.

Take deep breathes, Hoitash. Breathe...breathe.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry, I can get aggresively defensive. I blame the schools. They literally singled me out for doing things wrong even though other students were doing it, too.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Been there; experienced it. No worries. Actually, it was nice to have a little infusion of passion on the boards. Always a good thing. Carry on.

I blame the schools, too, and the media. It is a dangerous thing with the media and the teachers have decided that they are right and therefore push their "correct" perspectives on the rest of us, when what they should be doing is giving us the facts (nothing but the facts, ma'am) and allowing their students/readers make their own 'informed' decisions. But what ya gonna do? :confused:

Now, ... :focus: *Me; not you, Hoitash* :eek:

Sascha
09-08-2009, 12:30 PM
After-holiday musing: whomever planned the bicycle parade *around my block* this weekend needs to be tied to a chair and forced to listen to nothing but bells, and bass coming from a portable stereo. 'Cause that's what I woke up to, right outside my window. (No respect for 10am on Saturdays anymore, yeesh~)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Here's a pondering i wish enacted. In fact, two ponderings.

1) Like with some cities and counties found throughout America, i wish they would make Halloween fall on the last Saturday of October. Just makes more sense. No more of this weekday b.s.

2) I love Halloween, so i would love it if it lasted a month-the decorations and the mindset of fun. Still having trick-or-treat day that last Saturday. Kinda like how x-mas counts down the whole month.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
The bible thumpers would revolt and declare the Republic of Texas. And they got the guns to do it.

Why, WHY, do these gun happy cooks insist on bringing their guns everywhere? Cops have guns, cops know how to shoot someone in the special place for less than lethal force, so how about we leave the cops to carry guns everywhere? And soldiers.

And when will they invent a long range taser so only SWAT has to carry a gun? This whole cops getting killed by their own weapon thing is sad.

Oh, and kevlar vests need sleaves. O'Neill reference FTW.

cplmac
09-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Actually, most retailers have their Christmas set done by the end of September nowadays. In 18 years in the retail sector, I have seen this move earlier over the years. I figure that by the time I am able to retire, Christmas in July setups will stay up until after the begining of the next year.

yukonhorror
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
one that has always bugged me is
energy policies

the government rants and raves about alternative energy and improving our energy policies, but they do not invest near as much as other countries do in energy research.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Two words: corporate lobbyists.

Lobbying is legal. Running the country like a bunch of corprate bosses in the 1920's is not.

traesin
09-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Have you ever notice that people can't read signs and then blame you when things don't go their way because they didn't read the sign?

(waaaaay to many years in retail I guess)

cplmac
09-09-2009, 03:55 AM
It has been going on for the 18 years that I have been in retail. I don't see it ending anytime soon either.

traesin
09-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Why doesn't Victoria Secret carry anything larger than 32Ds in the store?