PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gods...

FrederickL
09-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey there, folks,

I was wondering if any of you know where I could find a template for making a new God in D&D 4th. I sifted through a couple of books but, as far as I know, there is none.

I looked for a "Deities and Demi-Gods" but I don't think it's out yet. Should I just make an NPC-like character sheet with details similar to 3.5 for the descriptions and stuff?

Thanks a bunch.

James Ruglia
09-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't mind this myself.

Unless there's already some universally agreed-upon Christian "God" floating around...

-Crash-
09-05-2009, 09:51 PM
I think Gods are so omnipotent and powerful that there isn't really a template to create them properly, you can just make them from your imagination cause gods can really do/be anything, they don't really need stats. Choose a name, come up with what ever they happen to be god of, make up a little back story, and pick domains, (at least for 3.5e, not sure about 4.0e)

That probably wasn't helpful, but atleast its my opinion, just have fun with it :)

FrederickL
09-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Crash: I meant the stats for the God itself while in his "true form" on his plane and when he's in avatar form (or "diminished" form) on the material plane.

I don't remember the exact terminology, but I'd pretty much like to know if there will be such a thing in D&D 4th. So I can make some awesome Gods.

Thanks for answering, though.

wizarddog
09-06-2009, 01:14 AM
It basically boils down to this: You stat a God if your plan on making it an combat encounter. So far, 4e in the core books does not cover making avatars or stats of Gods. They do have Angles which do the services of Gods. There are no rules/guidelines on this (yet).

With 4e, you can do whatever you want (actually you could do whatever you wanted in 3.5, it just happen to have rules you could use if you wanted.) and if you want to use the concept and rules you had before, you may do so now. Just make a high level monster with the powers you want.

Again, you only need to stats it if you expect it to go into combat.

FrederickL
09-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the concise answer, WizardDog.

Now my plan is a lot clearer ;)

Valdar
09-08-2009, 12:35 AM
I believe that the Raven Queen is statted out in the adventure Death's Reach- you might start there for an idea of what to expect.

WhiteTiger
09-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Check out this link and go to the bottom...

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pr/20090908

The old man with the canaries is either Bahamut himself or His avatar. I don't play a lot of 4.0 but maybe this will give you an idea.

Ph0EnyX37
09-08-2009, 02:22 PM
You could use the DDI monster builder to do this pretty easily. Just create a lvl 30-something solo. The hardest part would be coming up with powers that are interesting and effective, but that aren't game-breaking, and that fit the feel of the god. The monster builder does a lot of the math for you automatically, but you can tweak pretty much anything to your specifications.

FrederickL
09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you all for answering and thanks WhiteTiger for the link.

I will make good use of all that.