PDA

View Full Version : 4e campaign looking for DM and a few more players



Jayzilla
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Hullo everyone, I've given up on SW RPG PBP for now (*tear*), and I'm looking at getting a group together for some 4e. Right now the players I have (and their characters) are as follows:



Rara Avis
Players:
Pieh as Lodal (drow rogue)
overusedname as Ulgoth (goblin cleric)
kitsune as Jax (minotaur berserker)
Marsham (human wizard)
Striker (half-orc fighter)
Jayzilla (DM'ing)

NOTE: no longer looking for a DM. I'm doing it :p

Storyline:
Andrale is a farming valley around the great Eodreth river, primarily human, and ruled by a wise old king, Eodred. The surrounding land is hilly and sometimes even mountainous, and is owned by several loosly-allied city states.
These city states are much more flexible toward multiple races and movement along caste, while Andrale tends toward a heavily regimented feudal system. However, even though these communities are fundamentally different, there has been peace between them for nearly 3 decades, owing mostly to the terrible war that preceded this time.

Now, Eodred has died, and the Prince, Andonath, has decided to go to war. While being an over-eager youth, he has been smart enough not to openly display these plans, as he desires to catch the Outer Cities with a surprise attack.

Background:
Kit and Pieh were living at a Wizards' tower on the borders on Andrale. Pieh was called in by the wizard, who was getting a bit suspicious of the new King Andonath. He wanted pieh to spy on the King's army. Kitsune was living in the small maze nearby the wizards' tower.

The King's army attacked the tower, and it was a totally unexpected massacre. When Pieh was fleeing the attack, ran into the maze, and Kitsune led them to the hidden entrance that led down to the catacombs. Theonath's tower was apparently built ontop of a series of catacombs and natural caves.

Story:
The story begins with Pieh and Kitsune at the catacomb entrance. You can hear the burning tower and the human army looting the area. The Minotaur, being slightly familiar with that area, led, followed by Pieh. They found themselves in a room 25 feet by 25 feet, with skeletons all over the walls in crevices some places, stacked against the walls in others. The room has been obviously ransacked.

Hearing the sounds of combat, and the smell of fire Jax slips his very large executioner's axe into his hands and takes a second to work out which direction it is comming from before heading that way. "Something
is wrong, follow me." There was only one exit to the room, a tunnel that leads downward at a slight angle. As they moved along the tunnel, you can feel the walls on either side become more and more damp. You hear the noise of water dripping quietly as you decend. Suddenly, Kitsune stops short. Ahead of you are a set of ragged skeletons somehow stuck to the walls.

Jax notices that it looks like the theives were caught in a trap, but there is no loot among them. Pieh can tell that the trap the skeletons are has been sprung and is not harmful. "The skeletons, there is something wrong with them." Jax turns to look at Pieh, hot breath steaming from his nostrels, "I /Fear/ nothing little one." Jax makes a hmph like sound and passes by carefully before continuing onwards.

As they continued down through the tunnel, you can tell that it's starting to spiral and become a bit more steep. "Watch you step, big guy. The bigger they are the harder they fall." Suddenly Pieh notices a bit of suspicious metal glitter in Jax's lamplight. Jax looks at the metal. Not sure what he is looking at. "Damn, is it a trap?" Upon closer inspection, the metal is the tip of a spike. Pieh suspected it was rigged to a pressure
plate. "Hmm, yeah, if you step in front of the spike, the spike goes into you," he said. Pieh's artful skill allowed him to thorw a dagger onto the exact right spot to trigger the trap. "Well, big guy, you first."

As you continue down, suddenly the tunnel stops its decent and levels out. Suddenly you have more room, and cannot touch the walls with both hands. Jax's lantern shine's out forlonely into the distance. using the dim light, Pieh's Drow eyesight spotted the outline of a doorless doorway, with a faint glow behind it. As they moved closer to the doorway, the steady greenish glow became pronounced. Pieh managed to stop Jax immediatly before tripping the tripwire strung along the doorway. He studied the wire, but couldn't figure out what it was designed to do.

Carefully weilding his short sword while holding the wire, Pieh manages to cut the wire without any immediate effect. With deft fingers, the drow manges to tie the lines against the doorway to keep them taunt. "Looks safe, let's go." "Yer the one with the good eye for traps. You first this time friend," said Jax slowly.

Immediately noticeable are a series of golden statues, ringing a circle in the middle of the floor ancient runes are carved into the floor along the ring these ancient runes are glowing softly green-white. The group saw alcoves in the walls. "Little one, I hit things with my axe. You have a better chance at figuring out this than I do," said Jax.

Pieh slowly made his way along the wall to one of the alcoves. As you get closer, you can clearly see the funeral casks located inside. The casks have runes identical to the green ones in teh center. As soon as Pieh places a hand on wall near the cask, the casks start to glow with the same greenish light, and the center runes glow brightly. all the sudden, sparks of firery magical energy shoot from the ring, right where it was damaged.
The casks slowly float from their alcoves to the center of the room then drop to the ground, and the ground begins to shake. The whole floor collapses because of the disrupted magical energy. Jax falls though, there seems to be bit of a long fall and Pieh fallows. Pieh manages to deftly slow himself by sliding along the edge of the cavern. Fortunately, there is something on the ground to break Jax's fall. Goblins!

kitsune1842
09-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Looking good so far. Can't wait till you get to where the Goblin starts riding the Minotaur.

Jayzilla
09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Continued-----
Jax, laying on top of a soft pile of Goblins that broke his fall, bellowed at Peih, "What in the Name of The Great Bear did you Do!" Pieh, rather shaken from the fall, muttered "Where in the Abyss is this? Me? You're the one sitting on a pile of locals!" Ulgroth turns to the creatures that fell through the roof and crushed his distant relatives. "Here please!" He says, banging on the bars of the cage. "Please let me out!" Several of the stunned goblins stand on wobbely legs. Pieh looked at the caged goblin, and said, "Why is that one in a cage?" The goblins slowly turned to peer at the Drow's outburst, and one of the stammers, "Who are YOU?" in very broken Common speech. "Yes you!" grunted the annoyed minotaur at Pieh, ignoring the goblins' query. "You go poking around things and suddenly we are falling through the floor. Who do you think is going to be at fault?" Jax stands up, towering above the Goblins. "You could at least have warned me."

Looking around, Pieh and Jax noticed that there were two exits to the chamber. One was a huge set of double doors that looked ancient and scarred. The other was a simple doorless tunnel. From the tunnel came a dim ray of sunlight. However, the chamber itself looked as though it was a warzone. Rocks from the ceiling had fallen onto a full tribe of goblins. many were buried, injured, and unconcious. The fires of the tribe had been extinguished by the rubble, and a thick, choking rock dust fogged the air. A large cage stood in the middle of the chamber. somehow it hadn't been crushed by rock. Inside Pieh saw several less-than-alive corpses, and one very shocked-looking goblin.

Not really caring much about the goblins he landed on, Jax stalked over to the cage, "YOU! Why are you in there and which is the way out?"
The locked-up goblin refused to be intimidated. "They locked me up because I refused to follow their God!" he explained, "Why should I tell you the way out?" Ulgroth mutters, pointing at the less alive occupants of his cage. "If you can't tell, I'm probably going to be in here awhile. If you let me out, I'll show you the exit."

At this point, Pieh decided to continue talking to the injured goblins,"Who am I? I am an Avatar of Maglubiet in disguise, I have come to tell you it is ok to have differences in opinion. You must embrace you underground brothers, be they the drows of lolth, or other goblins of other gods! So, I have come from above to show Mablubiyet's displeasure!"
The Goblins look at you, scratch their heads, and one of them says 'Avatar of Mablubiyet?' Jax just evily grins at the goblin in the cate at the Drows story. "Stand back little one." Jax does not give the Goblin much time as he hefts his very very large axe in one hand and reaches with the
other to see if he can remove the chain. Pieh continued, "Yeah, you know, that guy who made you?" Then one of the surprised goblins looked down and squeaked; "You dirty minotaur, you're standing on my brother!" The three aware goblins readied themselves for combat.

Ulgoth made a few wild swings with his arms, managing to cast a Sacred Flame on the Goblin nearest him. It hit, causing the smell of toasted goblin to waft through the haze of rock dust. Jax chopped at the cage, ignoring the goblins attacking him like a man ignoring insects. The goblin viciously speared the Minotaur, evoking a growl of anger. Slyly flourishing, Pieh masterfully severed the distracted goblins' spine and also removed his weapon arm. The goblin fell to a bloody heap on the ground.

The party suddenly heard a loud BANG from somewhere on the other side of the rocks north of them, followed by wimpers and scratching. The minotaur turned from teh small goblin corpse, and bashed the side of the cage, freeing its' occupant. Ulgoth scampered on the bars of the Cage, then jumped onto the Minotaur's off-hand shoulder. "Aim for that one." Ulgoth says as he uses his Lance of faith spell on the nearest goblin. Ulgoth's lance of light shot through the goblin's leg, evoking a shriek of pain.

As the Goblin shrieked in pain Jax moves on him taking his axe in both hands and howling as he brings it down. The already injured goblin is smashed into peices by the angry barbarians' swings. The barbarian continued his swing into the next goblin, and the goblin was chopped into two ragged peices with a single brutal chop. Ulgothsighed and turned to the Minotaur "I thank you Very much for letting me out."

Suddenly the party heard the same banging and scratching noise from the north. They investigate and soon discover a concealed, goblin-sized door. Pieh's skills quickly opened the hidden door, the weakened door swings open, several of the boards turning into dust. You see a worg. a runt of the litter (worg are usually large, this one is medium) The green markings and white fur of the warg caught them by surprise.

The noises of the door opening managed to awaken a near-dead goblin. He pulled out a small carved horn, and blew with all his might. The rather high-pitched horn echoes loudly throughout the cavern. "Oh no," Ulgoth says, crouching lower on the Minotaur's Shoulder and trying to hide behind it's head "Thats not good." The worgs howled quickly and beckoned the group. Jax moved to follow him. "Where the hell are you guys going?" yelped Pieh as he thought about the obvious treasures left in the goblin's cave. Unsurprised, Jax explained, "Following the white worg, he obviously has need of our help. Are you comming or not?"

The worg slowed down a bit, hoping the people would keep up with him. Reluctantly, the rogue turned to run after them. "I'm coming back for this stuff later," he grumbled. "Guys, you know my race isnt usually one for sunlight, but there was some behind one of those doors... that means an exit to this unfamiliar cave complex..."

Suddenly the party found itself at the edge of a huge pit. "We really shouldn't be following this- Whoa. A pit." Ignoring the drow, the warg seemed to indicate down into the pit. "This wolf is gonna get us killed!" complained Pieh. "I am starting to doubt this Worg." Ulgoth says, looking at his minotaurian mount. Suddenly the party heard surprised cries from in the pit. "HELP! HELP! PLZ SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT!" Shaken, the goblin made the obvious statement, "I think he fell." THE GOBLINS TRAPPED ME DOWN HERE! SOMEBODY UP THERE?!" came more cries from below. Looking around, Jax noticed an alcove on the side of the passageway inside it is a simply made rope ladder, along with a ring for a torch. Jax leans over the edge of the pit, pulls a sun rod out of his pack and snaps so that it will activate and drops it in the direction of the voice. "A sunrod?" "Someone did hear me! HEY! HEY! CAN YOU HELP ME OUT?! WHOEVER YOU ARE?!" "We are here. We are going to get you out. Stay Calm." Ulgoth says. The voice anxiously replied, "WHAT?! I CANT HEAR YOU?!" Ulgoth jumpped off the Minotaur's Shoulder, and tossed the Ladder down "Don't let it hit you in the Head," he called. As the ladder dropped down, JAx bellowed, "DEPENDS! HOW MUCH WILL YOU PAY US AND IS THIS YOUR WORG UP HERE?" The scraggly prisoner climbed up the rope slowly. "Thank the spirits. And hi!" After seeing their rescuee, the minotaur straightened up and grumbled, "I have been hanging out with the damn Drow too long." The human ran up to the Worg like a child to his family pet. "oh worgy! you are safe! you are such a good worg, who's a good worg? you are! yes you are!"

Ulgoth Smiles. "Then I believe you owe us a Debt, does he not?" He asks the Minotaur. Blydden was busy handing his worg a piece of elven-made jerky. He looked up pitifully, "Doesn't anyone just help out others just because it is the right thing to do anymore?" Pieh grunted, "We dont need a reward if he will help us carry a few of those heavy golden statues." "Then he has just been enlisted as a Laborer." Ulgoth replied, climbing back up onto the Minotaur. Seen up close, Blydden looked a little frail, yet weathered, as though he carried some great weight. Pieh realized this, and muttered, "He's too weak to carry much... Human, what is your trade?" Blydden put his finger to his dirt-covered chin for a ssecond and quickly stated, "Alchemy." "Then, Human. I beleive you have been recruited into our Ragtag group as our Potion-Maker." Ulgoth says, as he turns to the Drow, looking for confirmation. "Do we need a potion maker?" the Drow efficently replied. Blydden started laughing, so hard he nearly falls back into the pit. The worg pushs him onto the floor instead. After he wiped the tears from his eyes, the human said, "I am an adept shaman you know. I do more than make potions." Unheard, the golbin continued, "We could always use the Wong as another Fighter. I'm not much for it myself, too small."

Jax, mostly ignoring this dialouge, found another alcove near the exit back to the goblin's chamber. In it the minotaur happily finds a small cache of coins, rather edible food, and a weathered-looking rod pushed into the back of the alchove. "Shaman, eh? So you're probably going to tell me its a bad idea to disturb the wealth of the dead?" said Pieh, carefully examining the shaman out of the corner of his eye. "No," the shaman sighed. "I dont believe in the afterlife. They are dead, not like they need things anymore. If they become undead, better they dont have anything to fight with." At this, the Drow elf gave a surprised bark of laughter, "My thoughts exactly!" Jax caught enough of the humans words to turn and give him a look of surprise. "A shaman that....does not believe in the after life? Were you dropped often on your head as a child?" The Drow muttered, "I thought Shamans communicated with spirits, you know, from the afterlife.." "Is it any odder then a Small Cleric like me riding on the Shoulder of you, a Minotaur that just killed many of my Kin?" Ulgoth asks the Minotaur. He grunted, and started wiping away what looked like years of grime from the rod he'd picked up. It had a golden filgree and seemed to be rather well-made.

The shaman looked longingly at the glint of gold, and said, "Those dead like it when they still feel useful after death." Pieh replied, "Ok then, let's get to looting." Jax didn't feel like letting the conversation go, and continued, "It is odd to me, small one. One can hate his own kind with ease, but a shaman leads the tribe in the ways of the spirits, and prepares the dead for the other side.. Drow!" Jax walked over to the drow and hands him the bag and the rod. "You hold my share till I need it." The party crept up to the remains of the once disguised door.

Pieh
09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Good game so far, keep it up.

Jayzilla
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
The group of four apporached the door that led back into the Goblin chamber that had been destroyed by rock. The immediatly notice four Hobgoblins rooting around in the rubble, obviously looking for something. Jax and Ulgoth both noticed that the farthest hobgoblin has a black helmet, and is carying a large scythe, and that all 4 hobgoblins have scythes, but the one with a helmets seems to be very well crafted. The other scythes seemed basically cheap imatations. They do not notice you because their busy digging through the rubble is taking all their attention.

The party whispered aomng themselves quietly and decided to try a surprise attack. Pieh slipped like a phantom along the edge of the wall: with the rock dust and rubble he may of well have cast invisibility on himself. Then he readied his small crossbow, but his sailed past the hobgoblin without connecting. The goblin looked up and started glancing
around. Ulgoth called upon his god, but his lance of light shot by the hobgoblin, failing to cause damage. Blydden started chanting. His spear turned blue and expelled a spray of color. The light show hits the hobgoblin but appears to have no effect. He grunted and put his longspear in an attack position; the hobgoblins had a pretty good idea where the enemies were, now, and they were aided in seeing the attack when a huge minotaur suddenly took off at a sprint, headed straight to the middle of the chamber! Pieh sighed at the minotaurs' charge, and fired his crossbow while the hobgoblins were distracted. The excellently aimed shot landed right underneath the shoulder plate and chain mail of the hobgoblin. He grunted in pain, and blood sprayed onto the dusty floor.

The leader hobgoblin looked up at the minotaur and roars! He charged toward Jax, raising his scythe high, and then connected! fortunatly, the minotaur turned so no vital organs were hit, and the goblin even managed to stay on his shoulder. Blyd continued shooting magic at the hobgoblins, this time wounding the already injured hobgoblin. The creature swayed and nearly fell over. However, the mortallywounded hobgoblin did not give up! he yelled a war cry and prepares to die fighting, which is his cutures' way. He limped over to the worg and with a scream of inarticulate rage, swung his scythe in a vicious sweep. The animal easily dodges as the hobgoblins' strength seems to be seeping away with his life's blood.

Across the room, Jax suddenly found himself being attack from the front and rear as the last hobgoblin came behind him. The creature pulled a gritty throwing dagger from his belt, and flungs the unclean weapon at the minotaur. Obviously the hobgoblin was well practised, and the dagger hits.
Jax lets out an almost feline roar of rage as he slams the head Hobgoblin. If you could understand his native tongue, his war cry would have sounded like, "Swift Panther Rage!!" The Hobgoblin leader screams his fury as the minotaur buries his axe into the things lower chest. Blood sprays in a fine mist, painting the dusty chamber with a grisly display, but the fire in the hobgoblin's eyes was not extinguished!!! Across the chamber, watching the exchange, Lodal muttered under his breath, "Minotaurs and their drama..." The dying hobgoblin grabbed onto the haft of the axe and prepared to sell his life with one final attack. Angrily, Jax ripped his axe out of the hobgob's grasp and brought it down onto the hobgoblins helmet, quieting the rage in his eyes forever. He turned his blood-soaked head to the hobgoblin behind him and said, "Run."

The thock of Pieh's crossbow bolt penetrating the nearby injured hobgoblins' chainmail was loud enough for Blydden to hear. The hobgoblin gapsed once, and then slid to the dry, dusty floor. Meanwhile, Jax's sole remaining opponent, seeing his leader's death has frozen into a statue of chainmail and hate. The goblin perched on the minotaurs' shoulder shot his Lance of Faith at the enemy. The fire shooting from the minotaurs shoulder, combined with the state of shock the hobgoblin was in, snapped whatever mind the grimy thing still had. He turned and started to run, gibbering unintellegably. Jax took this opening to swing his blood-coated axe down onto the fleeing creature. The thing screamed in fear and ran at full speed toward the cave exit. Suddenly he tripped a tripwire. Immediately, four weighted, disguised scythes hurtle toward him, shredding him like a mouse in the jaws of a tiger.

The scream caused the last Hobgoblin to turn and see his ally sliced into pieces by the trap. This opening was enough for Lodal, who ran at the hobgoblin from behind. throwing his entire body onto his short sword, he managed to punch right throw the creatures armor, deeply embedding his blade in the enemies' spine. It dropped to the ground, defacating himself as his last mortal action. As the Hobgoblin died Jax expends the last of his rage and anger in a final roar of triumph before driving his axe into the corpses' head, cleaving it from the body. With a grim smile, Jax nodded at his friends for a combat well executed and looked around for the caskets that earlier fell through the ceiling with him and the Drow.

"You minotaurs are so violent, why did you have to cut his head off?" Lodal said, "And don't think I didn't see you fighting the leader, that was gruesome." Jax laughed in reply, "Its not like he was going to need it any more. And do not blame it on my race, I was filled with the Rage of the great panther. I am sure you would rather I cleave his head from his body than attack you, right?" Searching intently, the party discovered ten heavy golden statues dug out of the rubble and a few in the hobgoblins posession. Obviously the gold was what was distracting the enemies so the party could make their sneak attack. Two of the goblins had small pouches with several gems inside. Blydden greedily eyed the items, calculating their value. "I am gonna sing all the way to the bank!" said Blydden laughingly.

Jax took a closer look at the scythe carried by the hobgoblin leader. It didn't seem to be a hobgoblin weapon, as it was finely crafted and filgreed. The other scythes seemed to be rough copies of the leader's weapon. As the minotaur picked the weapon up, suddenly all sources of light nearby him seemed to dim! "Cleric, if you know anything about magic weapons take a look at this thing and see what powers it contains," Jax muttered. "I will see what I can do." Ulgoth says, as he steps closer to the weapon. As soon as Jax hands the weapon over, the world returns to it's normal brightness. The minotaur could tell that this illusion was only effecting the weilder of the weapon, not the rest of the party, as they seemed not to notice. "Ooh...very interesting sycthe...What is it goblin?" said Blydden. The goblin studied the weapon, and realized it was a rather powerful artifact. "This weapon is a problem child, so so speak. Its original Magic is strong, but, currently, some other type of magic is interfering with it." With his curiosity piqued, Blydden wondered, "Ooh...maybe we can dispell it?" Ulgoth replied, "I would prefer we make sure we know what it does, before we go rushing in with Magics. It doesn't seem to have... problems. I believe the Interfering Magic might be helping it in someway."

Meanwhile, an uninterested Lodal had managed to unearth the other two statues. He stood for a minute and contemplated the best way to transport the set of twelve heavy statues. His digging Ulgoths and Blydden's conversation continued until they turned to the subject of who should wield the weapon. It was obviously too big for ulgoth, and the minotaur had no interest in the item. With a sigh, the goblin offered the weapon to Blydden. "Just, be careful with it. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't know everything about it. This thing is many years older then anything I have come across in my Studies." Byldden had a scared look in his eye after handling the weapon. He handed it back, saying, "I do not wish to wield it. Maybe we can find someone to resize it for you, goblin." The goblin shook his head and took the weapon, "Very Well."

Several of the funeral casks had been damaged or utterly destroyed in the collapse. The magic that once surrounded them was now merely a residue. The parties focused searching found several golden coins and a set of destroyed weapons. However, one weapon managed to survive the fall: an embossed short sword. Picking the item up, the lights around Jax seemed to pulse and brighten. Ulgoth looked to the Shaman and gestured, "Would you like to take this one?" Lodal looked up from the statues, "Is that a Short Sword?" Jax shrugged, "Its a bleeding dagger to me, but look at the pretty lights." As you bring the short sword next to the scythe, they seem to attract, or.. resonate.


Blydden seemed mesmerized by the interplay of magical forces, "Oh my...lord..." Ulgoth, not as stunned, imagined all kinds of possible harm. "Thats interesting. Jax. Put that down. Something is happening, and I don't want you caught in it." It seems to the trained eye that the short sword is somehow related to the scythe: crafted by siblings perhaps. Where the scythe has been altered to cause darkness, this sword has been conveted to brighten lights. It also is a moderately powerful weapon.

"I can't wield short swords," Blydden sighed. "Who wants this? I cant use it..." Ulgoth concentrated his thoughts on the weapon. "I think I understand. The Scythe brings darkness, and the Sword Shows Light..." Lodal volunteered, "I would love to have a new short sword, if no one else is going to take it." Ulgoth agreed, "Drow, take the Sword, it would probably serve you best." Hearing the exchange, the burly minotaur burst out laughing. "The only short sword weilder amongst us is the one that is likely to hate light!" Slightly miffed, Lodal replied, "I'm different than most Drow."

Ulgoth, as with a bit of a smile on his goblin face, turned to business. "I will take this Scythe for now, and hope to find a Wizard to enchant it. I can not weild it as it is." Byldden turned from teh group and abruptly wandered away, "Where too no...where is worgy?! He whistled, seeming totally lost without his companion. "Worgy? Oh Worgy?"

Steadfastly ignoring the shaman, Lodal agreed, "I will take the sword." Picking it up, he yelped, "Whoa. Those lights are bright."
Blydden continued his search, "Worgy?! Worgy is missing!" Jax glanced over at Blydden, then growled, "He is a spirit companion is he not? Cant you just...you know...summon him back?" Ignoring him, Blydden hastily ran into the door on the left."
Unshaken, the goblin was amusing himself by dropping the scythe, watching everything return to normal, and then picking it up and darkening things. "I would prefer if we found some place to store this scythe," he said, "I can not see very well with it, and it is simply dead weight to me."

Blydden ran alone down the long corridor through the double doors. He traveled down the corridor, surprised as the air became heavy and warmer as he went along the tunnel. After travelling a good 200 feet, he came do a single, weighted door. Perched by the door was his heavily panting Worg. Blydden grinned, and ran to his headstrong pet. After a minute or two of petting and comforting, the shaman peered into the next room. His expression turned from delight to horror as he observed a heavy forge with several goblins and hobgoblins running about. "Oh...*censored*," thought Blydden surprisedly, "Cmon worgy, we have to get outta here."


Meanwhile, Lodal decided to check out the exit cave where the trap went off. Carefully looking around, he saw what looked like a defensive cave, altered from a natural cave. Someone, or something, had dug out a deep pit and filled it with rusty spikes, leaving only a thin two-foot ledge to pass on. The idea, supposed Lodal, being that it would be easy for smaller creatures to cross, but difficult for larger intruders. There's a trap back here, kind of," he called to Ulgoth and Jax.


Suddenly the shaman appeared out of the shadows. He walked next to Lodal, took one look at the 'bridge,' and said, "Hmm. Let me try." With a laugh, Lodal replied, "Careful, Shaman, I'm not digging you out of another pit." The shaman, rather surprisingly, walked without trouble across the ledge, even pretending to fall at one point. His animal companion made a big leap, as if he was walking on air, and went to Blyddens' side. Ulgoth stepped across the bridge easily, it was much wider for him then the others. "Be careful you two, I don't know Raise Dead yet," he called back into the darkness.

Lodal figured it was his turn then, and he began to carefully make his way across. However, he managed to hit a snady patch and for a moment completly lost his footing. "Careful Pieh!" yelled Byldden with a concerned look. The Drow managed to catch himself before falling in. He ended up laying on his belly on the bridge. "Whoa! That sure is narrow," he called to his companions so they'd know he wasn't in danger. "This is so undignified, but.. it's the safest way." he muttered as he crawled slowly to the other side.
Jax looked at the others and gestured to them to make way. "Move to the sides if you dont mind!" Seeing what the minotaur had in mind, Ulgoth dived for cover "If you land on me, I'm never fixing your wounds again!" Once everyone is out of the way the large minotaur moved fifteen feet back to take a running start before attempting leaping the pit.


Jax flew through the air, but fell short of the safe ledge. With a feat of agility surprising in one the size of a minotaur, he managed to rolling on the two-foot ledge, and continued onto saftey, ending up flat on his face. Stunned, Jax laid there for a minute cathing his breath. "Damn small creatures," he huffed, "Never coulda walked that... but jumping? I can do that." The party sat for a minute and enjoyed the light of actual sunlight. Blyds worg started sniffing the ground by the exit to the caves, and drew Blydden's attention. He noticed a cleverly-disguised pit trap. "Guys! Don't MOVE!" he shouted with surprise, "There is a pit trap, plain and simple."


Lodal managed to see the signs of the pit's 'lid.' "The goblins came in and out this way, there must be a by-pass," he said. with the trained patience and care of a skilled rogue, he started examining the trap and the surrounding area.
"Ah, here we go." He reached out and pulled the small lever on the inside of the cave. It appeared to disable the trap as a clicking noise came from the pit-trap. It sounded rather like a board moving into place to seal the
cover. "Well," said Lodal with appriciation, "it seems goblins are becoming more and more innovative." Jax gestured at the others to cross the trap first, "That or they took over a kobold clan's cave."
"Yeah, would I expect this stuff from kobolds." Blydden nodded in agreement. "Prejuidiced Largeys" Ulgoth muttered, stomping across the trap.

Jax shrugged. "No one said you were stupid, just not used to Goblins using sofis...sofi...complex traps." "Yeah, Little dude," agreed Lodal, "We know You're smart."
"I am nothing if not Petty, so all is forgiven." Ulgoth said with a short goblin chuckle. "To be fair, I don't care very much about my own race, I was in that cage for quite a long time."

Jax waited till he was the last one to cross the trap, just to be on the safe side, before he crossed. "At least you little one have met your own kind." said the minotaur with a frown. "All I know of my race is stories and myths."
As the party left the cave, they were surprised to see themselves exiting a doorway that looked like one from a burial ground, coming out of a set of rolling foot-hills on the opposite side of the mountains from where they came into the tunnels. Lodal noticed a group of ragged refugees further up the hill that he seemed to recognise as people who once lived in the tower that he had fled.

"Ah. Light..." sighed Blydden. Witha grimace, Lodal replied, "Yes, it burns. Come this way." He waved at the group of ragged refugees and started traversing the grassy hill.
"Ahh! Smell that fresh air. Now, where do we go so I might carve my revenge for the loss of our home out of the hides of those that attacked us?" As the party approached the refugees, Lodal saw that they seemed to be watching something, something not immediately evident.

"What about me, Jax?" asked Ulgoth, "Do I not get revenge for the weeks I spent in that horrible cramped cage?" "Was that not revenge our crushing the goblins and thier hobgoblin leaders back there?" answered Jax. Suddenly a rabbit appeared in midair, and the refugees burst into applause. Blinking repeatedly, Lodal said, "What the web? a rabbit?"

"True." Ulgoth says, then shrugs. "I have nowhere else to go, so I suppose that I will keep following you, however." Blydden's pet Worg snarled half-heartedly at it. Then the rabbit disapeared, and the party heard someone snapping their fingers. "Its a Wizard," Ulgoth Mutters. "Hes probably using a Spell."
Lodal shook his head, "It appears to be a magic rabbit. Let's get a closer look." All the sudden, the familiarpersonage of the tower wizard, Theonath, appers in front of you.
"Hey," said Lodal, "You're alive. I have much to report." Blydden's worg started chasing a nearby brown hare. "THEONATH!" cried Jax, "My heart swells to learn you survived!"
"Well of course I survived, Jax." replied Theonath with a half-smile, "Those scum that call themselves warriors wouldn't know an invisibility spell if it kicked them in the.. erm, head." "But," said the laughing minotaur, "What is the fun in kicking them in the head when much more painful places remain to strike?"

Blydden bowed, "Pleasure to meet you, I am Blydden, Shaman extrordinaire." Theonath introduced himself to the members of the party who haven't met him, and is particularly respectful of Ulgoth, even speaking the goblins' language. "I like you." Ulgoth says to Theonath. "I see you are far superior to me in your knowledge, so I must impress upon you your help, even though we have just met."

"It appears that your suspicions were correct," stated Lodal, "but not swift enough. Well, I guess thats not a lot to report.." Blydden jabbed Lodal in the stomach and whispered, "The weapons? Maybe he can help us with those. That seems worth "reporting" to me." Blydden left the conversations as he noticed his worg chasing a poor hare. "Worgy! No! Bad worg! Very bad worg!"
Turning toward the Drow, Theonath asked, "Ok then my friend, what was taht report you mentioned?"
"Well," explained Lodal, "It seems your maze led to a burial chamber"
"Well, I was aware of that." Theonath said quickly, "I had several of my men check it out. They reported no treasure and a few losses, but they claimed that they'd explored the entire cave system."
Blydden ran around in the background, chasing his pet, "Worgy! No! Bad worg! Stop!"

Ignoring Blydden's antics, Lodal continued his story, "Yes, but the burial chamber, uh, collapsed. There was extensive water damage, and a goblin cave. It is my conclusion that the goblin cave was seperate from the burial cave."
Jax cut in, "Did your men mention the goblin tribe, or a hobgoblin with a scythe thaat could create darkness?"
Theonath turned a stunned look toward the Minotaur. "A Scythe that creates darkness? That sounds most interesting. I've never heard of anything like it. Although, It does bring to mind the famous Menelothian-crafted Short sword, a weapon rumored to control the sun itself."
Blydden, weezing, cried after the worg, "WORGY! COME BACK!...phew...can't...breathe..."

"We have both of those things." Ulgoth says, pulling the Scythe from his back and laying it on the ground. "It was actually my Favor I wished to ask. I wanted to know if you could Enchant this Item so that I may weild it."
"Interesting, I have this," Lodal said, drawing the short sword. "It makes thing brighter, and easier to see, what is this about controling the sun?"
Theonath drops to one knee and examines the sword as though it were crafted by gold. "W-w-where did you find this? It cannot be a forgery..."
After a pause, Theonath continued, "It looks as though you've located two of the Three Meneothian Glories."
With a surprised look, Jax said, "Oh? What is the other one?"

Blydden falls to the ground, exausted from the running.
"The legends say," explained Theonath, "that the Menelothians were a set of triplets, three children rumored to be the best craftsmen in the history of this world. In their lifetimes, they only crafted three weapons, one by each member of the family."
"How could the goblins acquire such legendary treasures?" exclaimed Lodal.
"You got this weapon from a Goblin??" said Theonath with a surprised look, "It seems as though it had been kept cleaned and cared for since it was made"

"You misremembered, Pieh," said Ulgoth. Jax nodded in agreement. "You found this weapon in one of the Tombs." continued the goblin from his perch on the minotaur's shoulder. "The Scythe was on a Hob Goblin. Is it one of the three Treasures, or is it something else?"
Theonath pondered the statement, "Caskets? Hmm... They were supposed to be sealed away into the tombs of their creators, at least, according to legend." At least, the Scythe and the Short sword. The Third weapon, of course, remains in use by the monarch on Andrale."
"Right, I remember now," said Lodal, "They also resonate when brought together. Watch.." Lodal brought the sword next to the scythe. "See how they ebb and flow with power, it sure is neat."
Theonath studies carefully as the weapon are brought together. "Hmmm... That's not right at all. It's almost like the two weapons refuse to exist when that close to each other. I wonder if it has to do with the Menelothian Sealing?"
"See, it was dangerous to bring those two that close," said Ulgoth, "You should be more careful with the Magical Aritifacts you pick up, I can't bring back the Dead yet."

Lodal, mesmerized by the interplay of magical forces around the weapons, looked up suddenly. "Menelothian Ceiling?" he said "Like the one we fell through?" Jax sighed and took a second to look around beforre taking a seat on the grass. "This is gonna be a long story isn't it Theo?"
"Great, Jax," prodded the Drow, "you broke the Menelothian Ceiling..."
"I broke it?" huffed the minotaur, "You're the one that touched the caskets and made the floor fall in."

Blydden started to snore and rolled over, completely asleep. Ulgoth hopped off the minotaurs shoulder and took a seat next to Jax. Theonath continued telling his story after the adventurers had absorbed that last bit of information. "The makers created these weapons in order to protect their Kin... One day when the Menelothians were devling into an ancient tower looking for a rare component for one of their works, they came upon a Lich. This lich enchated one of the brothers, who, while charmed, stabbed and killed his brother."
"SEALING, as in, protection." Ulgoth says with a sigh. "Not Ceiling."
"But Ceiling makes more sense," said Lodal while chuckling, "we didnt break any seals!"
"That act somehow damaged or sealed the great powers of these weapons. It seems that the enchantment on them required a promise of the makers, that if they did not harm their kin, their weapons would have
great power. When the enchatment was broken, the weapons weakened, and their makers aged much faster than is natural."
"The weapons were buried with the brothers, except for what is now called the Sword of Andrale, a broad sword said to shimmer with the light of the ages."

Lodal suddenly looks horrified, "Will I age faster for weilding one?"
Theonath, with a twinkle in his eye, chuckles. "A good question, my friend! No, the weapons were linked to their weilders. Whatever curse was on them, died with the owners."
"Oh, good."

"Hmmm.." hummed Theonath, "This ripple effect that happens when they come near each other.... I wonder what would happen if the third weapon was brought into contact with the other two? I would suspect that the weapons would become more powerful! That, or... explode. But I'm relatively certain that the resonation would strengthen the weapons. You might have quite a treasure in those two weapons." Blydden, suddenly wakening, nods. "I agree with the idea of a massive arcane explosion. It would probably destroy the weapons...and the wielders."

"Here, Let me show you my map," said Theonath. He waved his hands in the air, and a huge portrait of Andrale and the surrounding area appeared floating in mid-air. "Take these two weapons to my Great-Aunt Messari, she lives, here, is the swamp near Kolgnathi. If anyone on this world knows the correct course, she would."
Ulgoth looked longingly at the scythe he carried, and asked, "Then is it safe to Enchant one farther?"
Jax said, "Hmm, is there a way to alter the size of the weapons, make the Scyth smaller so that our little goblin friend here can weild it without risking cutting his own head off?"

Theonath nodded, "Oh, certainly! These weapons are very flexible. He waved his hand over the scythe, pulled a bit of some arcane plant from his robe and concentrated on the scythe for a few seconds. It seemed to shrink, milimeter at a time. Blydden amazedly watched the sycthe shrink. "Here you go," said Theonath, "That should be the perfect hieght for an angry goblin."
"I thank you Very much Theonath." Ulgoth says, as he takes it, the dimming sensation covering his eyes again and making him feel better. "I never was one for the Light, and this Scythe is like a nice bit of
Shade right over my eyes."
   
"So," continued Theonath, "If I were you, I would travel to and get a guide who can take you to Messari in the swamp. She'll be able to give you some good advice on the weapon." As he marches over to the refugees, you hear him mutter, "She did tell me everything I know about
the Menelothians, after all. Good luck."
As Theonath left the group, Lodal muttered, "I just wish it didnt make thing so bright, but that is the nature of the magic."       

Ulgoth, watching Byldden's pet's antics, asked Jax, "I Wonder how Fried Worg Tastes?"
With a slight frown, Blydden commented, "I told you already he is half-spirit. and he will only do what I want only if he wants to...so...help?! And I can't de-summon a half-spirit. Worgy does want to be dispelled, so he can't be, at least not by me"
"We can't Desummon Spirits Either." Ulgoth said, as he walked over and kicked the Worg in the rump. "Quit it." Blydden 's worg relucantly gets off.

Theonath called from teh group of refugees, "Friends! Beware, an Andralean patrol comes this way! I'm taking these people to Stormscale." He throws a purse of gold over to the group. Here; a reward for your help!"
"Thank you," said Blydden quickly. He slowly stood. "A patrol? I think we should get outta here..."
Ulgoth nodded, "It would be a smart idea." Ulgoth says, looking at Lodel. "But you two are the ones who are most involved in this quest, what do you think?" Jax shook his head, "Lets aim twords that swamp Theo mentioned. Maybe we can find an inn on the way so we can have a bit of beer."

"Do you want to come with to Stormscale?" calls Theonath. "It is in the opposite direction of Kolgnathi, but it is.. a bit safer. It is your descion, but choose quickly!"
Lodal shrugged, "Let us seek out the swamp witch." Blydden uncertainly shrugged, "What do you think?
After quickly considering, Ulgoth volunteered his opinion. "I would prefer safe for a night to on the run but less walking anyday." "Bah," said Jax, "a safe life is a boring one."
"I agree.." stated Blydden. "Maybe we should split up. me, worgy, and jax to the swamp, and ulgoth and lodal with theo."

"Hmm," wondered Lodal, "I wonder how Stormscale would feel about us 'monsters' running around." Ulgoth shrugged, "It would be best to hurry to Stormscale, we can get rid of our Gold and such, then continue."
"Oh, Good point." exclaimed Blydden. "Come on let's go!"
Lodal gave up. "Sounds like a plan, my goblin friend."
Blydden started looking around fearfully, "We should leave now, I think they are getting closer..."
  
"Please Jax?" asked Ulgoth queitly from Jax's side, "They are very close, we should go now. I understand you want to hurry, but we are getting tired." Jax huffed impatiently, "Fine, we will go the safe and boring way first. Lets go to Stormscale and sell some statues and see what we can purchase."
"Thank you." Ulgoth says as he beings to rush after Theonath. The party joined the refugee group, who were clasping hands with Theonath in the center of the rough circle. "Ok everyone, hang on!" the old wizard said excitedly. He traced a few glowing runes in the air, then suddenly clapped his hands. The sound seemed to echo throughout the hills, and suddenly everything went black....

Ding level three!

Pieh
09-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Hurrah!

MarshamSane
09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
and the wiznard Illumidan joine teh party!

Jayzilla
09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
After the Mass Teleport spell the Wizard Theonath cast, the party finds itself on a hill overlooking the walled city of Stormscale. Once only a defensive border keep, Castle Stormwind had become the center of a burgeoning town and was converted into a city-center. It reminded the group of an old war-horse set out to pasture. The city walls, in fact, appeared swamped on both sides by houses, stores, and tents.

Theonath waved for the groups' attention."Friends, welcome to Stormscale. I would suggest that you stay together, as there is some kind
of... danger I had not anticipated in the City." Blydden raises an eyebrow, and his pet worg just "woofs". "danger?" the shaman asked plaintivly "Yes, I can sense some kind of mage-work or spell working slowly, that was not here the last time I visited," replied the old wizard Jax huffed in what was probably a minotaurian chuckle. "As if there is a danger I would fear, old friend."
Lodal smiled at the minotaurs bravery, "Even you have plenty to fear from unknown magics, Jax."

Byldden continued interrogating Theonath, "Do you know what it does or is? The old man sighed, "I'm not certain yet, it is going to take a bit of searching. When I find out, I'll let you know." And with that, he snapped his fingers once, and disapeared. Blydden blinked, very surprised. "That is a strong spell." he remarked. Lodal sent him a knowing smile and said, "He is a powerful wizard."

Several refugees that were teleported with you form a line waiting in front of the city gates. Each person has to talk to the guard before being let in. More than a few are turned away. Other people go out into the part of the city not contained by walls. As the party approached the gate, they noticed talk about 'permits for busking.' The shaman put his finger to his chin and tried to remember what that term meant. "Oh now I remember," he said, "Busking has something to do with entertaining or entertainers. Thank gods we don't have to worry about THAT. At least...I hope we don't." Lodal shrugged, "But we do have to worry about being a band of monsters." He turned to one of the people behind him. "Does this city typically permit drow and goblins?" The man shrugged wordlessly his lack of knowledge.

"You may worry," said Blydden, "But I do not. I will see if I can fast-talk the guards for us." As your party gets closer to the guards, they heard a teifling guard turn someone away for 'Not having proper business in the inner city.' Jax whispers to the others, "If need be one of you that can lie, tell them we are entertainers, trained mosters, and bribe them into letting us in. I don't 'think' this city is racially prejudiced.... but I am not certain."
They party became less neverious as they noticed that the guard was a tiefling, and the group ahead of them contained a rather mean-looking bird creature, in robes. "Guys." Blyddden suddenly suggested, "You go infront. I will be a person behind. If they do let you in, I won't need to lie. but if
they do not let you in, then I am still covered. Whatever you do, I am not assosciated with you..."

As the group approached the gates after the long wait, the soldier eyed them, looking at the minotaur with a touch of fear, and maybe a hint of respect. "Welcome to Stormscale..." He said, "We'all don't get many meenotars 'round these parts." Lodal extended a hand, with a palmed coin. The soldier shook his hand, palming the coin with practised skill. "So, got a lot of money, do ya?" he queried rather suspiciously. "What's your goal in this here city?"
Lodal replied casually, "We plan on selling off a few relics we have come across, and spend just as much." The soldier eyed the drow rogue, saying, "Relics eh? I hope they aren't.. you know.. reeligious or anythang. You'd better let me take a look."

"Of course, they are simply collectors items," said Lodal as he displayed one of the statues. Blydden gulped, suspecting the melethonian gems and statues were most likely religious. As the man saw the glint of gold, his eyes widened. He reached out a finger and touched the statue. "Well.. I'll be... That looks like gould! Where'd a troop like y'all come up with gould like this?"
With a smile at the mans' surprised look, Lodal explained, "They are from an ancient kingdom, nothing to do with religion. A very dangerous place, we barely managed to escape with our lives."

The guard noded at a few of his bigger pals, who moved to block the way. "ya'lll'r welcome in this here city..." drawled the guard, "But we're going to need one of them there' statue things as a tax."
Without even blinking, the Drow offered a statue. "Of course, you are welcome to one" The man greedily took the statue, and waved the group past without another look. As you walk through the gates, the sound of the statue snapping into pieces as the guard split the gold with his partners echos over the wall. Lodal cringed.

Blydden laughs to himself, knowing his first insincts where true, and walks with his party through the door, "I am with them." As they entered what the residents appeared to call the 'inner city,' they were swept into a thin crowd of people traveling down the main cobblestone road. Jax grinned, thinking to himself that he has a very smart friend. One only of twelve statues, and not only did they buy easy entry to the inner city, but they had bought some good will amongst the guards. The minotaur figured that good will with the authorities was always a good thing for a thief to have. "Whew," Blydden sighed, "Glad I didn't have to lie. I probably would have said worgy was a rare cat.

The party came up to a Town Crier, "Hello crier, any news today?" queried Blydden. The man was yelling about some kind of new tax, and seemed like a smart fellow. After catching his breath, he looked at the group. "You guys need some directions? Maybe a tour?" "No tour for us, thank you," said the Drow, "but we are looking for an.. antiques dealer." "Antiques, eh?" replied the crier, "You probably want the local branch of the Purchasers' office. Byldden nodded warily, "Thanks." The man continued, "I could show you the way.. for a bit of coin." Maintaining the wary look, Blydden asked, "How much?"
"Well," grinned the man, "you hand me some coins, if it isn't enough i'll ask for more." Lodal sized up the man, "You are a shrew-" "What if we give you too much?" interrupted Blydden rudely. His Worg apparently doesn't like the town crier, and snarls at him.

Miffed, the drow elf turned to the shaman, "Blyd, may I speak to the man? You obviously dont understand how these things work." Undisturbed by the partys' confusion, the town crier continues, "Heh, I've let to be handed too much coin before, my friend."
After the worg barked a few times at the man, he turned to it and starts, surprised by the size of the animal. "Hey, did those guards let some kind of animal in here?" Now truely offended, Blydden cries, "HE isn't just "some animal!" He is my friend!"
Jax came up to the seemingly distraut shaman and putout his arm. "Calm down, friend," the minotaur said lightly. Using the opportunity, Lodal "Yes, sir, we will let you lead us. And you will have enough coin. Ignore the beast, is it friendly enough." Blydden glared at Lodal with flaming eyes. Jax turned, and said in his best Minotaur voice, "Yes, ignore the beast, hes just there in case I get hungry and can't find a decent inn."

Lodal handed the man a couple gold coins. The crier rubs them together, "Ah, that is a sound I like to hear." He turns and walks to the end of the street, where you see a four-way intersection. As the man turned to guide the group, Lodal looked angrily at Blydden. "Next time, perhaps you should let the Drow do the talking, Shaman. You need to calm yourself! This is not some savage wasteland, this is a city!" "Blah blah blah dont savage wasteland blah blah". Blydden whispered in reply to Pieh.

The group was glad they have a guide as it seemed that traffic picked up
Taking a left turn, the man leads you down to a cul-de-sac, with a large, prosperous looking office building at the end of it. "Would you prefer to leave our little group?" asked Lodal with an angry tinge to his voice. "I do not recall asking you to follow us." "Personally,' replied Blydden, "I don't even think he deserved 1 gold coin, and I don't mind following you, I just hate following him."
The crier pointed at the building wordlessly, let out a laugh and began jogging back to his post. Blydden and his worg stick out their tongues at the crier as he runs past them.

As the group entered the building, they saw the sign on the door has several golden coins next to the rather plain name "Stormscale Branch Purchaser's Office." "You may have cost us valuable information, Blyd," said Lodal as he passed through the door, "Next time keep your mouth shut please."
The young lady seated near the door calls out, "yess? What can I do for you manly guys?" "Well I will. I just don't think he deserved the gol- whoa." Blydden blinked as he was suddenly in the presence of a pretty girl. Jax simply blinked surprise. He couldn't ever remember being reffered to as 'manly.'

"Why aren't you a pretty little thing," said Lodal while grinning, "we would love to be directed to an antiques deal-."
"Greetings, I am Blydden," interrupted the shaman, "and these my companions, Lodal, Jax, and Ulgoth. Oh and my pet, Worgy."
Lodal was not put off by the interruption. "If you would be so kind," he said with a bow. With a twitter, the lady turned around in her seat and hits a small gong behind her.

Blydden's worg wags his tail in the presence of the maiden, as Blydden 's eyes flop open and his ears sting. Worgy whimpers and runs around for a few seconds before stopping. The wall next to the group suddenly slid up, apparently on some kind of a track. Sitting in a large padded chair is a balding, older man. He's surrounded by odds and ends, chairs, swords and great swathes of cloth.

"Daddy," said the young lady, "There are.. Men here to see you."
"Ah, thank you very much, dearest." he replied. "And what can I interest you gentlmen with?" he calls with a booming voice.
Eager to please, Blydden said quickly, "We have melethonian relics we would like to trade."
With a sigh, Lodal corrected him. "He means, Menelothian."
"That is what I said Melethonian," Blydden continued, "I have a wealth of gems, and my friends here have a bunch of gold statuettes."
Pieh wordlessly rolled his eyes.

"Relics, you say? And gems? I should take a look at them," said the rather eager sounding man. Lodal disgustedly motioned for Blydden to continue. "You first, Blyd, I am gettin sick of having to talk over you."

Jax leans over to Pieh, "He reminds me of someone I knew in my tribe. He was apparently a great warrior till a great white bear managed to hit him in the head several times." Lodal knowingly nodded. "Head wounds are a great equalizer," he said with a chuckle.
Pretending not to hear, Blydden agreed to go first. He then put the gems on the table. His worg sniffed them, finding nothing unusual, obviously. The procurer picked a few of them up. From some pocket in his vest, he pulls out a jewlers' lens. "Ah, I see: this is indeed a wealth of gems.. And how much are you asking for them?"
After mulling it over, Blydden suggested, "How about 100 gold pieces for each gem, my good man?"
The procurer laughs. "A hundred gold piece for each gem? I'd be lucky to sell them for that much! How about this: I'll give you 900 gold peices for the batch."
"Alright then. 900 for the batch it is," agreed Blydden.
Without another word the man poured the gems into one of his big pockets and hands you a bag of gold, after dumping some out.

"Sir, take a look at these fine Menelothian arfifacts, I estimate their value in gold, which they are made of, at 700 a piece," said Lodal, "But, I will admit to you, I am asking more for their historical value. I would appreciate your honest opinion on their value, sir."
Blydden interjected quickly, "Besides, with the weight in gold at the very least, these statues are worth 750 gp each, not counting the artwork on them."
Without looking at the statues, the smart looking gentleman said witha chuckle, "Historical value, eh? Laddy, the museum is over that'a'way, and I'm certain that they've emptied their coffers recently. I'll give you 500 gold a statue, and that's a bargain."
Blydden laughs, "I doubt that. The weight in gold is 750 gp a-"
Lodal cut in, interrupting Blydden. "These were notmeant to be melted," he said, "These are artifacts, you can easily sell them for 1000 or more." The large man rubs his large waxy-looking mustache and says, "Well, some collector might want a few'of them. I'll offer ya 600 gold peices."

Lodal shrugged. "I'm looking to get rid of them, I have been carrying them for a while and their weight is aching my back."
The mans daughter seems to be quite taken with the statues. She leans over to her father and whispers in his ear. Pieh and blydden hear as the girl anxiously asked if she could have a statue.
"Well, Sir," said Lodal with a decidely chilly tone in his voice, "if you can not offer me at least 9500 for the lot of them, I may have to consider holding onto them for a while longer."
Blydden squakked, "Lodal!" "Quiet, Blyd!" With a downcast look, Blydden said, "Yes Lodal."

The man coughs and sputters at the figure. "Nine thousand gold, eh?' he takes a second look at the statues, and seems to be thinking. "Could they be worth that much?" Lodal waited patiently, but seemed agitated. With a shake of his head, the man says, "I don't like your figure, but I can't let such a pretty object pass by. How about this, I'll give you eight-and-a-half thousand gold for 10 of them. I simply don't have enough gold for the full amount on me right now."
Somewhat relieved, Lodal said, "That sounds fair to me. Sir, you have a deal."
Blydden let out a relieved sigh, while the man took the staues one at a time, and lovingly wrapped them in a special treated cloth.

After he has the statues counted and secured, he went into his treasury room and brought back 5 bags. Four were in a red felt bag, while the last bag was shiny and silver. "This last bag is in Platinum, my friend. I hope that is acceptable?" 
"Yes, Yes it is." said Blydden quickly. "Thank you kind sir..."
Lodal looked daggers at Blydden. "Ooh blyd, I'm going to hit you."
"Not if I hit you first when we get outta here," he replied.
"Why would you hit me?"said Lodal. Looking to the storekeeper, Lodal nodded quickly. "I suppose that is acceptable, Sir"

The man smiles, and says, "I hope you don't have anything else to sell, because I'm going to need to order more gold from the branch office." Lodal shook his head, "That is all for now, Sir."
As they left, Blydden whispered, "You took a big risk on that, and he seems like a kind old man, besides you coulda gotten us kicked out." Out in the street, it was mid-afternoon, and the streets seemed to be clearing as the townsfolk went to lunch. Blydden said, "I am happy we made any money from those statuettes at all!"
Lodal seemed disturbed, "Blyd, relax, you know nothing of the city. We will need this gold by the time we are thrrough here." The group saw a few street urchins, a man with fine clothes and a tall feather in his hat, and the bird creature who you earlier saw entering the town.

"I know we do," said Blydden, stoically resuming the disagreement but did you have to get it with just a brash method?"
"Yes, I did," said Lodal, "Now stop questioning me."
Jax put an arm on Blyddens' shoulder, "That is how things are done amongst these humans. Now," he said, addressing the party loudly, "we need a merchant with magic items and a mage that can enchant weapons." Lodal turned to Jax, "Why do we need a weapon enchanter?"
Blydden shrugged.

The street urchins nearby quietly noticed the parties' indecision. One of them scooted over nonchalantly. "Hoy there, sirs. You gents 'alookin' for sumpthin'?"
Blydden jumped with surprise at the unexpected voice. "so...oh hi! Good day! Yes, yes we do. Do you know anyone here that sells magical weaponry?"
To answer Lodal's question, Jax explained, "This axe was my father's. He took it from off a gaint used as an executioner long ago, and I will not simply trade it in for a new one. I would like to give it more...power."
Lodal nodded and then muttered to himself, "are there any good masterwork items aournd here, I wonder? like thieves tools? I could use a nice set of those."
"Mahjik weapons?" queried the grimy child. "Well, the mage-smith's shop is on the opposite side of town. There's also a Weezard's tower if you go from here, and take two lefts. I could show ya if you buy me a meal,"
he stateed hopefully. Jax flipped the kid a gold coin. "We need a bit of a guide for the day. There is another one of those at then end for waiting until you are no longer needed."

"Well, thanks, sir," said the grinning urchin. "Which one do you want to go to first?" "Let us go for the armor first," answered Jax, "does that sound right friends?"
Lodal grumbled, "Well, we need a general mageware shop. But, armor isnt a bad idea. Ok, Let's go to the mage-smith first." The urchin laughs. "Jervis sells more than just armor! He's one of the best weapon amkes in the whole land! Come on!" The child waves impatiently. Jax followed along behind him.


As the party approached the mage-forges, they could see it was obviously a unique building. Bellows belched black smoke into the air, and the clanging of a blacksmith at his trades echoed through the area. However, the customers' entrance of the store appeared very businesslike. There were many people browsing wares and being helped by clerks, all overseen by a short, stocky man with a rediculously large mustache. He came up to the group. "Welcome! I am the legendary crastman, Jervis the Stout. And what can I interest you folks in today?"
"Well, Hello Jervis!" said Lodal. "Well, we are in a bit of a pickle, we need a.. saddle, or sorts," he said, pointing to the goblin on the minotaur.
"And do you carry Pouncing armor as well?" added Jax.
Looking up at the minotaur, the craftsman's eyes widen. He approached Jax, and walks around him in a circle. "My Gods, he's perfect! Come here, come along friend!" I've got something to show ya." Blydden, entranced by some shiny object, went looking about the wares, hoping to find very intruiging, and odd, enchanted items.

Jax followed along with Jervis, "Perfection is something I strive for."
Jervis led the party to a locked cabinet. As he swung the doors open, the group saw a large, brilliantly polished Greatsword. It looks as though it wieghed a ton, but every inch was covered in destructive-looking sigils. "I made this greatsword for one of my old friends, a Giant!" explained Jervis, "And the damn being had the audacity to die before I could give it to him! I've been looking for someone.... big enough to carry the thing and take it off my hands, but it is no easy task! Here, take it! Tell me what you think!" The greatsword was obviously a fine work, and an incredibly large weapon.
"Meh, it is a sword." said Jax as he dismissed the weapon with a wave of his hand. "Magic or no, it is not the axe of my father. Instead could you enchant a weapon that has as emotional value?"
The man's face falls, "Oh... that's a shame. The enchantments I add usually are only onto just-crafted weapons. However, that 'does' look like a finely crafted axe. Let me take a look at it." Jax allows the crafter to take his axe. "It is a prize won in battle by the man that raised me
and who called me son." said the minotaur, "It is all I have of him or my tribe."

The man took the axe, examining it with the practised eyes of an experienced craftsman. "Well, hmm... That is interesting. It looks as though it was made, no, designed with an enchantment in mind, but none was added. It would be a simple task to add a few enchantments onto it. I couldn't get as much finesse as the Sword there, but I could supplement the axes' power. "Such a work would cost me, 1300 gold peices in components and time."
Lodal asked, "What would you put on it?" The craftsman replied, "If you desire, I could add similar powers to sword, though not as powerful. Upon any kill, the weapon would grant you temporary health, and it would strike faster and more accuratly. Or, I could give it an improved rage ability: whenever in a berserker rage, it will act as a +2 weapon. It's up to you."
"Well," mumbled Lodal, "What do you want, Jax? I would like to buy everyone something,and a few gifts for the party in general."
"Well, tell you what.." said the Weaponscrafter, a consummate salesman, "if you buy the enchantment, I could give you a discount on my newest weapon."

"What Newest weapon?" asked Lodal. Jervis waves Lodal over to a small wooden case. Clicking a knob on the front of it, it pops open, displaying a wide variety of weighted daggers.
"Just take a quick look at this, friend." He picks up one of the weighted daggers. Pieh examines a dagger, tossing it from hand to hand. "It is well weighted, but what does it do?"
Jervis descrbied the item. "This is a leechcurse weapon, one of the newest productions of my forge. It is a unique magic item. When you stab an enemy with it, it will sap their energies in order to power a strong curse. This curse will paraylze them with magic. They won't be able to move a single bone. The weapon will then slowly dig itself into their body."
Lodal quickly put the dagger down. "I've heard curses are avenged seven-fold on their user," he said with a tinge of fear in his voice.
"Heh, that is mere superstition, I assure you. The one penalty with the weapons is that once used, the enchantment is burned, and it no longers works."
"Hmm.." considered Lodal. "And how much are you asking? With the discount."
"Well, I'll let you think on that, let me help this minotaur."


The man turned to Jax. "You said Blood claw?"
"Yes, Blood Claw I believe was the term used by the old warriors of the tribe." "Unfortunately, while being a strong mage, those magics were created by the family of a specific bloodline. I can attempt to mimic them, but it won't work at full strength. A blood claw enchantment by me would only be one and a half times strong, instead of three times. Is that acceptable?" He handed a note to Lodal while he talked with the minotaur. It read with Discount 700 gold peices
Jax took a moment to think on it, and then shook his head, finally deciding against it. "I think perhaps I will wait and think again."
"Oh, well that's fine," said the obviously disappointed craftsman. "Tell you what, I'll read up on that specific enchantment and see if I can improve
my technique. Come back to me in a day or so and I'll see what I can do."

Jax nods at the man, "Now, the real question. What do you have in the way of armor?"
"Well, armor isn't really my specialty." said Jervis "My friend Gerogeson over there, He'll help ya with that." He indicates a thin, wiry man with a huge set of lenses over his eyes. The man waves at the weaponsmith and comes over to the group. "Did I hear armor???? Fantaastic." He walked a few steps to a big cabinet and flung the doors open, revealing several suits of chain mail, scale mail, and some specially treated leathers.
"Mister Gerogeson," said Jax, "yes I am looking for some enchanted hide armor."

Lodal poked the minotaurs side. "Jax, do you want to see if this man can make you barding and a saddle?"
Jax shook his head, "A saddle perhaps for the little goblin's comfort, but I am no animal. Barding would be of no use."
Ignoring their conversation, the "Hide, eh? Buying a present for a special druid you know?" He laughs very nasaly. Jax leans in over the armor maker. "It is for me."

Pieh cut in, "I am also looking for armor, enchanted leather is what i require." The armorcrafter moved to another section. Well, I don't work Hide armor very much, it's so much harder to enchant than common leather... But, I do have a few nice suits here: Here's a suit of Purified Hide armor +3: No poisoned blade you'll see will penetrate this hide!"
After showing off the finely crafted suit of hide, he slipped in, "Only for the low price of 4500 gold."
Jax shook his head, "Something cheeper, less than a thousand gold is my preference."
"Less than a thousand??" the man sighs sadly, "Well, then I also have a nice set of fleet hide armor +2. Not only will you be more protected, it will
help your leaps and acrobatics! That suit is very affordable at only 1700 gold peices."
Lodal nodded appriciativly. "We can spend the 1700 on you, Jax."
"Well," added the armorcrafter, "I 'do' have a suit of glowing hide +1 for 600 gold. It's a bit more defense, and you'll never need a torch again!"

"What do you say Jax?" said Lodal with a chuckle, "Do you want to glow? or be as lithe as an elf?"
"Hmm," pondered the minotaur, "I had hoped for decent pouncing armor, or beastial armor.. But in a city my chances aren't as good I think, as opposed to with people that understand the importance of the primal spirits."
The armorcrafter, who'd been listening to the conversation, cut in. "Primal whatsits? Oh, I don't worry about that kind of thing, but there 'is' a local shaman's store in the outer city. I figure they'll take care of things and animals and such outside the walls, you know." He nods at the Drow and says, "I've got all these items also in leather, with a few more peices."

"Hmmm, perhaps we should try this shaman when we are done here." Jax rumbled to himself while the salesman continued talking, "Is there any more you wish to see here Lodal?"
Lodal nodded and turned to the ever-talking craftsman. "Do you have darkleaf armor?"
The salesman continues as though he wasn't interrupted. "For example, look at this nice set of studded leather with a spell of fire resistance. I've also got this excellent set of leather +2, while not 'actual' darkleaf, it 'is' similar. Let me see if i can find it." fter digging around in his stores, he pulledut a well made set of leather. "This suit of leather +2
has a minor darkleaf enchantment, it gives you a little boost in protection. Not as much as darkleaf, but it is nice. Only 1000 gold peices."
Finally recognising quality work, Lodal quickly nods, "I'll take it."
"Excellent!" he hands the suit of armor to an assistant to take to the front.

Blydden decided to pipe up. "Where's the blacksmith? Do you sell longspears? I was looking around and didn't see any...of course, I
didn't look very hard. Or some decent leather armor?"
[Pieh] 9:16 pm: "You need to talk to the other guy for spears, he's the weaponsmith. This guy only sells armor."
The man with the glasses nods and says, "We have a very large array of polearms and the like if you'd like to talk to the weaponsmith"
Blydden nods. "Very well."

The weaponsmith looks up from his work. "You guys again? What can I get you this time?"
Blydden says, "I would like to see if you have any longspears. And maybe a belt or something for worgy. *Woof*!"

"I certainly do," said the man with a smile, "although I'm wondering if i could persuade you to purchase a polearm instead? They're very similar, and a good polearm goes a long way against mounted opponents."
Blydden quickly shook his head. "No polearms please. Besides, a spear is a polearm in it's own right. I need a longspear, a LONGSPEAR! Not a glaive, not a halberd, a longspear."

The man shrugged. "Well that's certainly true. Here is my collection of long spears, looking for anything specific?"
"Nah, just a longspear..." Blydden said. "Got anything magical? and in a size 2 1/2?"
Jax groaned at the shaman's attempt at a joke, and said, "Got anything that creates a zone of silence around the weilder?
Lodal nodded in agreement. "That would be most beneficial."
"How would that help...?" said Blydden.
[Jayzilla] 9:21 pm: "The man chuckles and pulls out a well-made longspear. Here's a nice longspear plus two and one half, heh. The longspear is a longspear+2 of parrying, and will increase the user's defenece as much as his offense!"
"Hmm," thought Blydden, unconvinced.
The weaponsmaster continued his speil. "It's a terrific weapon. or would you like something a little more offensive?" Blydden took the spear and balanced it, then put himself in several fighting poses, lunging and the parrying. He said, "Give me a moment."

Grinning, Lodal said, "His smell is already offensive enough, i think."
"Lodal..."
Lodal slapped Blyd on the back, "Just kidding, man."
"Yes, I'm sure you can feel the weapons' pull. It's really a very attractive weapon. Only 1100 gold peices, and on sale!"
Blydden's pet Worgy barked at pieh and tried to bite him.
Jumping, Lodal says, "Yikes, watch it, worgy. I hope you dont plan on drawing from my funds to buy that!"
With a pained look, Blydden scoulded his pet, "Worgy no! It was just a gesture! No no biting!" he turned to the weaponsmith. "Maybe I will look at your totems before I buy a spear."
"I dont think they sell totems here, Blud," said Lodal. "Though, I'm not even sure what a totem is."
Blydden looked surprised and asked the weaponsmith, "Do you have any totems?"
"Totems?" the man rubbed his beard. "You'd have to ask more woodsy people for those, I think."
Byldden smacked his forehead and said, "I should have guessed..."
Jax spoke up, "A totem is like a holy symbol, but for Shaman and spirit callers. It lets one channel primal powers." "Ah," said Lodal, "I see. Yeah, they wouldn't have those here, Bly."

"So.." said the merchant with dollar signs in his eyes, "Would you like the longspear?"
"Hmm.." thought Blydden, "Got a lightning longspear? I am fine for defense, but I don't fight close up that often... Maybe something not as much for melee combat, but more for magic?"
"Lightning? I've got a spear designed for throwing.. it teleports itself back to your hand!
"I am not that good of a shot..." said Blydden, "how about an opportunistic weapon? That is why I have the spear, anyhow." "Well, I do have a longspear of Focus +2.. The weapon would add its +2 onto
any magic attacks you make. Very handy for the spear-wielding magic-user. And only 1600 gold peices." "You're sure you dont have an opportunistic weapon?"
The weaponsmaker stopped for a minute. "opportunistic? I'm not sure what you mean, laddy."

"Well." said Blydden as he finally made a decision, "I was going to keep as much money as I could for a nice totem..." Seeing that his profit was about to walk out of the door, the weaponsmaster felt a bit desperate. "oh, is 1600 a bit high? I think I could go to 1400... for a friend. You seem likea nice lad, all talkative and such."
"Oh I am much abiliged by your offer," said Blydden, "but I dont think the focusing spear is quite right for me..."
"Well that's a shame, laddy." Anything else I can help you with?" "I think we're going to go take a look at the armor," said Blydden.

Blydden] 9:41 pm: "Hmm...what do you think guys?"
[Jayzilla] 9:42 pm: I've got some of this nice Purity armor, not only will it help against poison, but a poisnon coated
blade will ahve a lot of trouble harming you!
[Pieh] 9:42 pm: "I think we should get going to the wizard's tower"
    [Blydden] 9:42 pm: "So many resistancing..."
    [kitsune1842] 9:42 pm: (Your picky? You saw what all I turned down for what I want right?)
    [Blydden] 9:42 pm: right
[General Chatter]: Pellinore has entered at 9:42 pm
[Jayzilla] 9:42 pm: "So want anything?"
[Pieh] 9:42 pm: yeah Jax turned down an awesome greatsword
    [Blydden] 9:42 pm: "How about the fire resistance? Personally, I prefer winter, and for me summer is a bit of a hot
drag."
    [Blydden] 9:43 pm: "I need fire resistance armor that will cool me down."
    [kitsune1842] 9:43 pm: "OR the shaman that sells Hide with real enchantments. If your going for resistance take
poisen since we are headed for a swamp soon enough."
[Jayzilla] 9:43 pm: "Absolutly, I've got some nice leather armor of fire resistance +2, for only 1200 gold.
[Jayzilla] 9:43 pm: "Should I put it with your friends armor?"
    [Blydden] 9:43 pm: "Can you tell me more about the poison armor again? My friends made a very good point."
    [Blydden] 9:44 pm: "We are headed for a swamp soon."
[Pieh] 9:44 pm: "Certainly not, these sales are seperate."
[Jayzilla] 9:44 pm: "It's very nice stuff, I have a +2 variant in leather. It adds the +2 against any check vs. poison
    [Blydden] 9:44 pm: "Add has 5 resist?"
    [Blydden] 9:44 pm: "And*
[Jayzilla] 9:45 pm: "and additionally, any poison coated blade trying to damage you will make the armor +4 instead of
+2
    [Blydden] 9:45 pm: "Or poison in general?"
Pieh] 9:45 pm: Jay, in this game, poison does damage
    [Blydden] 9:45 pm: "Like spitting cobra venom?"
[Pieh] 9:45 pm: theres no save, i dont think
    [Blydden] 9:46 pm: 5 resist means whenever i tae poison damage, reduce that damage by the resistance
    [Blydden] 9:46 pm: which is 5
[Jayzilla] 9:46 pm: ok, let me expalin in game turns
    [Blydden] 9:46 pm: so if i take like 7 poison dmage i would only take 2
[Jayzilla] 9:46 pm: if you get a poison spell cast on you that goes agains reflex or fort, you get a +2 from teh armor
    [Blydden] 9:46 pm: or any def?
    [Blydden] 9:46 pm: dont forget AC.
[Pieh] 9:47 pm: how often does poison hit your will?
[Jayzilla] 9:47 pm: "if someone tries to bite with poison or stab with posioned blade vs. armor, it's +4 instead of +2
[Jayzilla] 9:47 pm: if it was a charm poison it would be against will     
    [Blydden] 9:47 pm: "Ah."
    [Blydden] 9:47 pm: "How much for the poison-resist armor?"
    [Blydden] 9:47 pm: we will run into like snakes and zombies in the swamp right?
[Jayzilla] 9:47 pm: For the +2 leather version? 1400 gold
    [Blydden] 9:48 pm: "how about 1100 gold?"
    [Blydden] 9:48 pm: "What?"
[Jayzilla] 9:48 pm: With a sly grin, the man says, "I could go down to 1250 gold. And that's a bargain"
    [Blydden] 9:49 pm: "1200 gold. I am a pusher for bargains."
[Jayzilla] 9:49 pm: you would quibble over 50 gold? 1225.
[Jayzilla] 9:50 pm: "do we have a deal?!
    [Blydden] 9:50 pm: "I quibble over any amount. 1225 seems fair enough. thank you very much."
[Jayzilla] 9:50 pm: "excellent. Anything else?
    [Blydden] 9:50 pm: *I give him 12 platinum pieces and 25 gold pieces*
    [Blydden] 9:50 pm: "I think i am fine otherwise."
    [Blydden] 9:50 pm: "Thank you for your time"
[Pieh] 9:51 pm: "Where the hell did you get platinum?"
[Jayzilla] 9:51 pm: .. 12 platinum = 120 gold
[MarshamSane] 9:51 pm: ((FAIL?))
[General Chatter]: Solstice550 has entered at 9:51 pm
    [kitsune1842] 9:51 pm: Bly, you were paid in gold, you dont have any plat
    [Blydden] 9:51 pm: fine then
[Jayzilla] 9:52 pm: WEll, there was a bag of platinum
    [Blydden] 9:52 pm: and 1 pp = 100 gp
    [Blydden] 9:52 pm: do your homework kitsune
      [OverusedName] 9:52 pm: Yes I do
[MarshamSane] 9:52 pm: wow didn't we JUST GO OVER HE HAS HIS OWN ECONEMY?
MarshamSane tones down the raeg
[Jayzilla] 9:52 pm: not in my world it doesn't
[MarshamSane] 9:52 pm: apologies
    [Blydden] 9:52 pm: overused, you can shop now
      [OverusedName] 9:52 pm: uhh
[General Chatter]: Thriondel Half-Elven has entered at 9:53 pm
      [OverusedName] 9:53 pm: What type of Store are we in?
[Pieh] 9:53 pm: so kind of you, to give him permission
    [Blydden] 9:53 pm: Armor and Weapon
    [Blydden] 9:53 pm: Magic Smithy
[Jayzilla] 9:53 pm: "Well, my spry goblin friend," says the armorer. "You are in luck. I have some great armor peices
crafted for a similar size person."
    [kitsune1842] 9:53 pm: (Bly, I do do my homework, you were given Gold the plat was give3n to Pieh and he did not
give you any, now can the tude.)
    [Blydden] 9:53 pm: nyah

Pieh
09-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Long session...

Jayzilla
09-04-2009, 11:17 PM
      [OverusedName] 9:54 pm: "I am looking for one particular item. It is a pair of Hedge Wizard Gloves, do you have
some?"
[Jayzilla] 9:55 pm: "Gloves eh? Let me take a look."
[General Chatter]: Cobalt550 has entered at 9:55 pm
    [Blydden] 9:56 pm: did jax get the barding
[Jayzilla] 9:56 pm: "well, We do have something similar. Except it's a hat, a hat of Mage hand. That's about the closest
we have, unfortunatly. It's worth 600 gold
    [Blydden] 9:56 pm: with it, jax also get +1 to ac.
[Jayzilla] 9:56 pm: i don't think the armor bonus would stack     
    [Blydden] 9:56 pm: it is a shoulderpad
    [Blydden] 9:56 pm: it would give him +1 i think
    [kitsune1842] 9:57 pm: (They would not stack and I am looking for armor that I can use instead of jsut barding)
[Jayzilla] 9:57 pm: "are you interesting in the mage hat? It'sa big big for you but not very badly
    [Blydden] 9:57 pm: ah k lol
[Jayzilla] 9:57 pm: *bit
      [OverusedName] 9:57 pm: "It is not what I was hoping for as a whole, but it is servicable. I will Offer you 500 Gold,
sense the size is off."
    [Blydden] 9:57 pm: "Ulgoth, I think we should try the wizard's tower first, and then come back here."
[Jayzilla] 9:57 pm: "well, I can't complain about that! Here you go."
    [Blydden] 9:57 pm: "Uh ulgoth...nvm..."
      [OverusedName] 9:58 pm: "Thank you."
Pieh gives the man 50 plat
[General Chatter]: ShadowMaster1 has entered at 9:58 pm  [Blydden] 9:58 pm: 5 plat*
[Pieh] 9:58 pm: 50, this is Jay's world
[Jayzilla] 9:59 pm: 1 plat = 10 gold
    [Blydden] 9:59 pm: ah k Jayzilla] 9:59 pm: "And are you going to try for the mage tower next?
[Pieh] 10:00 pm: "Now, there are 2 gifts I want to get for the all of us, Yes, the mage tower."
    [kitsune1842] 10:00 pm: (And it is ten pm, I need to go start getting ready for work and the real world.)
[Jayzilla] 10:00 pm: "THe owner there and I are very good friends, if you get my meaning."
[Jayzilla] 10:00 pm: (got liek 10 minutes? so we can add Marsh?)
    [Blydden] 10:00 pm: "I hope I do *shiver*"
kitsune1842] 10:00 pm: ( I think I can do that)
[Pieh] 10:01 pm: is marsh the street urchin?
[Jayzilla] 10:01 pm: The party is told to mention Georgesons' name (nope)
[Jayzilla] 10:01 pm: at the mage's shop for a discount.
[Pieh] 10:01 pm: cool
[Pieh] 10:02 pm: (I dont even know what Marsh is...)
[Jayzilla] 10:02 pm: As you leave the armor shop, the urchin pops out of whatever alley he was hiding in. "Oy, Gov'nor,
tto the mage shop?"
[Jayzilla] 10:02 pm: "A'follow me!" and the kid runs off
[MarshamSane] 10:02 pm: (noone but the DM does))
Blydden and Worgy follow the urchin.
[Pieh] 10:03 pm: (Please, Sir, may I have summore?)
[MarshamSane] 10:03 pm: ((I'll give you a hint....I have magic missile as an encounter power))
    [kitsune1842] 10:03 pm: Jax follows the street urchin that he hired to lead them for the day
[Jayzilla] 10:03 pm: "As you approach the wizards tower,you see it really isn't much of a tower. Rather it is a well built
three story building
[Pieh] 10:03 pm: (I like the urichin's accent)
[Jayzilla] 10:03 pm: (lol i've been trying out all kinds of accents     )
    [kitsune1842] 10:04 pm: (So marsh is cross classed as a wizard...or is a half an elf
      [OverusedName] 10:04 pm: Ulgoth, having been daydreaming through most of the purchaes, stays quiet
[Jayzilla] 10:04 pm: As you enter the so-called tower, you see an array of shiny mage-lights, artifacts, and antiques.
    [Blydden] 10:04 pm: *Ooh. Shiny...*\
[Jayzilla] 10:04 pm: (over to you marsh
    [kitsune1842] 10:05 pm: "Oooh, Purty lights....
Pieh] 10:05 pm: "Keep your hands where I can see them, guys"
[General Chatter]: lich101 has entered at 10:05 pm MarshamSane] 10:05 pm: A young man, about 24 in clean gray robes cleans the counter and perks up as you enter,
"welcome to the wizard's tower!" he says
[MarshamSane] 10:06 pm: He runs a hand through his prematurely gray hair, green eyes shining with the fire of youth.
[General Chatter]: Adimeadozen has entered at 10:06 pm
    [Blydden] 10:07 pm: "Greetings wizard. Do you have any amulets for sale?"
      [OverusedName] 10:08 pm: Ulgoth looks at the young person, and smiles. "Well, look at you. Bright eyed chap,
aren't you?" He says, as Blyd asks for Amulets
[MarshamSane] 10:08 pm: "If I had arcane fire to throw I'd burn you for that." he shakes his head, now slightly surly. "I
do have a few trinkets amulets, good luck charms mostly. but as for true power, I only have one such device."
[MarshamSane] 10:09 pm: "I am a shopkeep, if the master hears you call me wizard it'll be my hide." ieh] 10:09 pm: "Well, young man, we need a few things."
    [Blydden] 10:10 pm: "Why? *Worgy woofs and wags his tail rapidly, he seems to like the wizard.*"
[MarshamSane] 10:10 pm: "I'm a little hopeful, yes my green friend." he says to the gobbo.
[MarshamSane] 10:10 pm: "Because I am not a wizard till I am fully apprentacenced, which he will never see done." he
shook his head, the topic an obvious sore spot. Pieh] 10:11 pm: "We require a bag that can hold more than it appears to hold, and a basket of never-ending food"
[Pieh] 10:11 pm: "Relatrvely trivial magic items, im sure you must have."
MarshamSane uses prestidigitation to conjure the image of a cat and runs it outside to make the wolf go play outside
    [Blydden] 10:11 pm: "Lodal, I somehow doubt they will have that..."
    [Blydden] 10:12 pm: *Worgy makes a very very angry growl and chases the cat and pounces on it.*
[MarshamSane] 10:12 pm: "Unfortunately we don't have them at the moment. being mostly cleaned out by the guild
representatives. However..."
Blydden starts rolling some dice: (d20)
Blydden -> 1d20 (11)
    [Blydden] 10:12 pm: is 11 enough to dispell the illusion? lol
[MarshamSane] 10:12 pm: *the door shuts behind him* Blydden] 10:13 pm: *worgy, seeing the cat has disappearing, comes back inside*
[MarshamSane] 10:13 pm: "As to amulets. we have one which bolsters all of a man's defensive capabilities but a factor
of 2."
    [kitsune1842] 10:14 pm: (Sorry guys, but I have to run. I will see you later and you can just asssume I am standing
behind you looking cow like and menecing)
[Jayzilla] 10:14 pm: (oh, not doubling the ac, adding 2 lol)
    [Blydden] 10:14 pm: kk
[Pieh] 10:14 pm: cyah kit
[Jayzilla] 10:14 pm: (I filled in kit on the storyline, and the next meet will be tuesday
[Jayzilla] 10:14 pm: (if that's ok witheveryone
    [Blydden] 10:14 pm: "How much is that? Oh and georgeson said we got a discount if i said georgeson"
[Pieh] 10:15 pm: its fine with me
    [Blydden] 10:15 pm: kk
    [kitsune1842] 10:15 pm: By
    [Blydden] 10:15 pm: bye bye
[MarshamSane] 10:15 pm: "yeah, ok. 1200 then for the amulet"
[RARA AVIS 4e of awesomeness]: kitsune1842 has left at 10:15 pm
[MarshamSane] 10:15 pm: he smiles like there's something else.
    [Blydden] 10:15 pm: "1200? I just spent that much on this armor, and I still need a totem...."
    [Blydden] 10:15 pm: ":/" ieh] 10:15 pm: "Ok, whats the deal, kid."
[froglegg] 10:16 pm: I created room "The swamp"
[Pieh] 10:16 pm: "Something strange is going on here."
[MarshamSane] 10:16 pm: "well the amulet's great, but compared to the headband I'm supposed to offer after u bought
the amulet...it's moose piss"
      [OverusedName] 10:17 pm: {yeahh, its col] lydden] 10:17 pm: "dont i get a discount for saying georgeson, or whatever?"
[Pieh] 10:17 pm: "Oh? Is this some sort of trick?" OverusedName] 10:18 pm: "What a Shrew Strategy. Would it be wrong to say there are no Refuends either? So
you would have to buy both the Amulet, then the Headband?"
[MarshamSane] 10:18 pm: "Look, kid. pay attention"
[MarshamSane] 10:18 pm: "oh you can return the amulet, but since it's now used, it's 1/2 price return."
      [OverusedName] 10:19 pm: "So you end up with a 600 Coin Profit, at least
      [OverusedName] 10:20 pm: , then would sell the Amulet at full price to the next person who came in." MarshamSane] 10:20 pm: "You probably can't afford the amulet. its 10K. but I'll tell you what. I have some...slick
fingers, and a plan to get outa dodge by tomorrow night. take me with you. and we'll call the headband my...iniatiation
fee into your little band?"
    [Blydden] 10:21 pm: "Initiation?" Pieh] 10:21 pm: "Wait wait, why do we need you?"
Blydden whispers to lodal.
    [Blydden] 10:21 pm: "I don't know if I like this guy. He seems very shrewd."
[Pieh] 10:22 pm: "I dont trust anyone who openly claims to have slick fingers."
[MarshamSane] 10:22 pm: "because none of your party seem to be arcane...iniatates, much less adept."
[Pieh] 10:22 pm: "We have plenty of divine support"
[MarshamSane] 10:22 pm: "Look, don't beat me, don't starve me, and let me practice my spells, and you'll never fear
disloyalty."
      [OverusedName] 10:22 pm: "Ladel, you have Slick fingers aswell." Ulgoth says, then turns to the Wizard. "I may be
more a Cleric then a Wizard, but I am inddeed an Arcane Initiate."
[MarshamSane] 10:23 pm: oh really? what spells have you mastered? MarshamSane] 10:23 pm: **""
[Pieh] 10:23 pm: "I know I have slick fingers, but i dont go announcing it to people."
[MarshamSane] 10:24 pm: "then I'm honest, and you're a liar and a thief, sir."
[MarshamSane] 10:24 pm: "but obviously a good one."
[MarshamSane] 10:24 pm: he winks
Blydden] 10:24 pm: Well...you know you could have pleased us and given the headband as a gift
    [Blydden] 10:24 pm: rather than htis
    [Blydden] 10:24 pm: "hmmm..."
      [OverusedName] 10:24 pm: "As I said, I am but an Initiate, I know little more then Magic Missle." Ulgoth says. "I
am not against you traveling with us, someone else familiar with Magic besidies me is always a good person to talk to."
Blydden is a little disgusted by the wizard's behavior.
[Pieh] 10:25 pm: "Hmm. this kid has promise."
[MarshamSane] 10:25 pm: "Besides, what are you loosing? I'll even bring a bag of holding my master's been working
on."
Blydden whispers to lodal. lydden] 10:25 pm: "Promise? Are you nuts? He has the exact opposite if you ask me."

[Jayzilla] 10:26 pm: (I'm sure this is where the Minotaur would voice his opinion)
[Pieh] 10:26 pm: (yeah..)
[Jayzilla] 10:26 pm: (probably in support of the wizards audacity... ^^)
MarshamSane starts rolling some dice: (1d20+1)
MarshamSane -> 1d20 (16)+ 1 (1) = 17
[MarshamSane] 10:26 pm: listen check to hear the whisper
[MarshamSane] 10:26 pm: **perception
      [OverusedName] 10:27 pm: "Blyd, he is right. We are loosing nothing by taking him with us. At worst, he steals
some of our Items, and we hunt him down and diembowel him to get them back."
[MarshamSane] 10:27 pm: "see, and I'm a verry pro-bowelment guy. especially when they're mine."
    [Blydden] 10:27 pm: "What if we don't find him, ulgoth? What then?!...ok we are getting ahead of yourselves, maybe
he is nice."
[Pieh] 10:27 pm: "The goblin makes a fine point, and at least he is asking to join us... unlike some others." 10:27 pm: "Oh...did I mention I can enchant items...been learning how to spending time to study every night..." lydden] 10:28 pm: "Um....."
[MarshamSane] 10:28 pm: "Just throwing that one out there."
      [OverusedName] 10:28 pm: Ulgoth smiles. "I have been trying to master that for such a long time!" He says,
impressed
[Pieh] 10:28 pm: "Well, when did you plan on leaving?"
    [Blydden] 10:28 pm: "Well you do have persistance then." arshamSane] 10:29 pm: "I can be gone from here tonight, but I can be safe here, hidden, for no more than another
day."
    [Blydden] 10:29 pm: "Why?"
[Pieh] 10:29 pm: "We still have to get rid of this other statue"
[MarshamSane] 10:29 pm: he smiles to the goblin. "Perhaps we should put our heads together, teach eachother our
ritual skills, neh?"
    [Blydden] 10:30 pm: "Ok, before you too cook up some truly underhanded scheme...I need to know why you need to
leave so urgently." OverusedName] 10:30 pm: "because hes Stealing from his master." Ulgoth mutters. "Who is probably a Wizard
strong enough to knock us all out with a wave of his hand."
[Pieh] 10:31 pm: "What is your name, kid?"
    [Blydden] 10:31 pm: "Hmm...
[MarshamSane] 10:31 pm: "Well I suppose you could leave the state here, the magos is an art finatic, it should keep
him from making an effort to follow. and as to why so soon? because as soon as the deed is done I need to get outa
dodge. the magos is lazy, but vengeful" ydden] 10:31 pm: "Stealing? God my reputation as a good person is dropping by the moment."
[MarshamSane] 10:31 pm: "Name's Illumidan. Illumidan Nethros" MarshamSane] 10:32 pm: "good...person...aren't people just people, all trying to live and let live.." he looked to the
minotaur, "and oftimes, not live."
    [Blydden] 10:32 pm: "Well. we will come for you in the middle of the night, how is that? Because we need to find a
way outta this city as soon as we take you with us."
      [OverusedName] 10:32 pm: "Then, we wait until darkness, and we flee as fast as we possible can and hope he
doesn't come looking for us." Ulgoth said. "If everyone is in agreement." Pieh] 10:33 pm: "This kid is risky
[Pieh] 10:33 pm: "But he may be of some use." OverusedName] 10:33 pm: "We are a walking box of 'Group of things you hate', its not like hes going to make
anyone ELSE hate us if they already did."
Blydden sighs and rolls his eyes and can't sem to control his lips and etc. but ends up saying "Alright." and start to
faint.
MarshamSane beams proudly
[Pieh] 10:33 pm: "Worst case scenario, we're all toast. But thats how it always is." MarshamSane] 10:34 pm: (I'm human, by the by) lydden] 10:34 pm: "True...I guess we cant get in anymore of a fix."
    [Blydden] 10:34 pm: "Can we check out the shaman camp now? My old totem is worn...and has termites..."
[Pieh] 10:34 pm: "Let's help the kid out. Illum, you're in." MarshamSane] 10:35 pm: "thanks, so who'm I workin with now?"
    [Blydden] 10:35 pm: "I am Blydden, and this is worgy. I am a shaman and alchemist."
[Pieh] 10:35 pm: "I'm Lodal, I like to think of myself as the leader of this here little group."
[General Chatter]: revs71 has entered at 10:35 pm
[Pieh] 10:35 pm: "But I'm sure the shaman would argue that."Blydden] 10:36 pm: "Oh seaking of, do you have any bee venom here i could buy?"
      [OverusedName] 10:36 pm: "I am Ulgoth, Cleric of Ioun and Dabbler in Arcane Arts." He said, formally, then smiled.
"But, I think Ulgoth is much better then all the other stuff."
MarshamSane hands a bag to the drow, the bag seeming to have, almost no weight at all. "the item wqe discussed..."
    [Blydden] 10:36 pm: "You are the leader? PLZ!" lydden] 10:36 pm: "Jax should be the leader, after all he is the most courageous...and strongest...and bravest."
[Pieh] 10:36 pm: "This will come in very handy, thanks Illum."
[MarshamSane] 10:36 pm: "venom, no try the apothicant. though it's illegal in the city walls"
    [Blydden] 10:36 pm: "But aside from that, I am more of a leader than you."
[Jayzilla] 10:37 pm: (it's a headband of agility. Gives +2 on AC, +2 on to-hit, +2 on acrobatics checks MarshamSane] 10:37 pm: "I'll meet you at northgate tonight then lodal.?"
    [Blydden] 10:37 pm: "Aww..." lydden] 10:37 pm: "Can I have my amulet?"
    [Blydden] 10:37 pm: "    "
[Pieh] 10:37 pm: "Can you stay here another day?"
[Pieh] 10:37 pm: "I think we still have business at the armor smith"
    [Blydden] 10:38 pm: "Please?"
[MarshamSane] 10:38 pm: "The amulet is 1200...friend." he winks slightly.
[Pieh] 10:38 pm: (WE still didnt get kit a gift ;()
      [OverusedName] 10:38 pm: "Ladel, don't you think that being the Leader is a bit...counter-productive to your job?"
Ulgoth said. "We should not waste large amounts of time. He wants to leave, and I don't feel like running from a Magus
for the rest of my life."
[arshamSane] 10:38 pm: "I can hide out tomorrow, yes."
[Pieh] 10:39 pm: "Simply mean, I am the.. Face, of the group."
    [Blydden] 10:39 pm: "Fine, I guess I will go tell you magos that you are stealing from him and wouldnt let a customer
have a rightful discount."
[MarshamSane] 10:39 pm: "there's a warren of...disreputables outside northgate. gambling, drinking, carrousing. I can
stay a day there." lydden starts ascending the tower.
[General Chatter]: revs71 has entered at 10:39 pm
[MarshamSane] 10:39 pm: "go ahead and tell him. I would enjoy watching your friends kill you." [OverusedName] 10:40 pm: Ulgoth stares at Pieh, mouthing words to him about Blydden. "What. A. Fool." Blydden] 10:40 pm: "You know...you have a point Illum"
[Pieh] 10:40 pm: "Bly, get your ass back here."
[MarshamSane] 10:40 pm: "because who is holding said item..."
Blydden walks back downs in reverse. Blydden] 10:40 pm: heh
    [Blydden] 10:40 pm: "that never happened."
[MarshamSane] 10:41 pm: "just like 1200 gold won't go missing tonight." MarshamSane] 10:41 pm: "now...pay for your item sir." Blydden] 10:41 pm: "Don't I get a discount
[Pieh] 10:41 pm: Wait, so seriously, the leader isn't the guy everyone is looking to for decisions?
    [Blydden] 10:42 pm: "I still need money to buy a totem."
      [OverusedName] 10:42 pm: Ulgoth has no money on him, so he is unable to sell. "Blyd. I am begging you. Silence
that large mouth of yours, I BEG you." Blydden grunts and mocks ulgoth, "I beg you blah blah."
    [Blydden] 10:42 pm: fine.
MarshamSane shakes his head.
    [Blydden] 10:43 pm: "*gives illum a bag of gold*"
[Pieh] 10:43 pm: Blyd, where are you getting all this gold?
[MarshamSane] 10:43 pm: He hands the amulet back, in exchange. "remember, the primal sorceries you're looking to
purchase are sold OUTSIDE the city walls..."
    [Blydden] 10:44 pm: "Thanks!"
[Jayzilla] 10:44 pm: Yeah, yuor chacter has no gold on him blyd     
[MarshamSane] 10:44 pm: then I retract those statements and cling to the amulet.
[Jayzilla] 10:44 pm: you gave all teh money for the gems, plus the rest of lodals plat for that armor
    [Blydden] 10:44 pm: I thought i got my share...
    [Blydden] 10:45 pm: Can we just say i got my share of 2350 gold?
    [Blydden] 10:45 pm: jesus
[Pieh] 10:45 pm: lol
[MarshamSane] 10:45 pm: lol
[Pieh] 10:45 pm: you need to ask for that
[MarshamSane] 10:45 pm: aparently, not.
    [Blydden] 10:45 pm: and i sold the gems anyhow
[Pieh] 10:45 pm: yeah
[Pieh] 10:45 pm: those were yours, did we get a share of them?
      [OverusedName] 10:45 pm: "Ladel, please pay the man so we can GO." Ulgoth says, looking hurridly around ."I
don't want to attract the Magus."
    [Blydden] 10:45 pm: "Thanks for the amulet, come on lets go"
    [Blydden] 10:46 pm: "Of course you did. 225 gold for each member
[Pieh] 10:46 pm: i didnt hear that
    [Blydden] 10:46 pm: that is an amulet of protection +2 right?
[Jayzilla] 10:46 pm: yeah, there was no splitting as far as I read.
MarshamSane chuckles. "I'll meet you for those drinks tomorrow night. the rotten stump, ourside north gate."
    [Blydden] 10:47 pm: can we just go to the shamans camp now?

Pieh
09-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Woohoo!

Jayzilla
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
- shaman hut
-wizard chase
The party is just leaving the mage's tower. The time is late afternoon, and the sun is drooping in the
sky
[Jayzilla] 7:09 pm: The afternoon heat is turning into a rather cool, breezy evening
(Yeah but he had crap for Hide armor and mentioned a Shaman outside the inner walls that
probably had magic hide)
pieh "I say we get you a Magical Item Jax, it would help you immensly, I believe."
jax "Aye Lodel, and perhaps the shaman that the shaman mentioned by that armorer may
actually have a clue about creating real magic armor."
kitsune1842] 7:14 pm: "But we can wait till we are ready to leave the city entier for that. While your discussing the next move
[Jayzilla] 7:16 pm: The old castle wizard, THeonath, apears out of thin air in front of you
[Jayzilla] 7:16 pm: Somehow he manages not to be noticed by any of the other townsfolkOverusedName] 7:18 pm: "You could say that." Ulgoth mutters Pieh] 7:19 pm: "You got a new hat, Ulgly. The wizard chuckles, "You can tell a lot about a person by his hat! And that appears to be a fine
one, my friend." "Indeed it is!" Ulgoth nods. "'Tis a Hat that lets me use Wizards hand. I could never learn
it, but now this hat allows me to do it easily!"
[Jayzilla] 7:21 pm: "Anyways, now to Business! I've discovered the source of the trouble in this town." OverusedName] 7:21 pm: "Its not a Wizard, is it?"
[Pieh] 7:21 pm: "Is it dangerous?"
[Pieh] 7:21 pm: "Oh, no, it better not be a Wizard.."
[Jayzilla] 7:22 pm: "Fortunatly for you, it's something that I plan on handling myself! I've been in communication with my
great aunt, and she was 'quite' adamant about having you all go to her with all possible haste!" verusedName] 7:22 pm: "You aunt knows we are....Us, right?"
[Jayzilla] 7:22 pm: "You know how elders can get... She seemed quite grouchy." For a moment Theonath wears a wide
grin
[General Chatter]: Cobalt550 has entered at 7:23 pm
[Pieh] 7:23 pm: "Us? What's wrong with us? She lives in a swamp!"
[Jayzilla] 7:24 pm: "Oh yes, oh yes. The minute I said 'menelothian short sword,' all she'd say was, 'Well send them her
you aging dolt'" He does a very good impression of an angry, screeching old woman." itsune1842] 7:24 pm: "Hah, sounds as fun as having to go wake the old witch of my people. We need only amke a
pair of stops before we can leave as far as I know." "Excellent. Oh, and while you're down there, stop by my old war buddy. His name is Dorgan, or
Darngul or something along those lines."
[Jayzilla] 7:26 pm: "A very skilled fighter. He'll make sure that My old auntie doesn't cause you any trouble. Or much
trouble at least." itsune1842] 7:26 pm: "Right, and where does your friend Dewgong live?"
[strikereternal] 7:27 pm: (brb, getting a drink and some food)
[Jayzilla] 7:27 pm: "If he's still in the same spot as last time I saw him, It'll be near the road right where the road
touches the swamp. But I'm sure he'll find you, I've sent word ahead." Well, it's time for me to be off. I've got a problem with a young prince and a rather nasty succubus to solve..." Just before disappearing as aburptly as he appeared, you hear him mutter, "Poor young man, his first love and all.." ieh] 7:30 pm: "Well, that was interesting. where to next?"
      [OverusedName] 7:30 pm: "Ah, Succubui, the world's traveling Diseases." une1842] 7:31 pm: "We can always see if the weapon enchanter has figured out how to enchant my axe, and see the shaman about soe hide." [Pieh] 7:31 pm: "You think Succubi are bad? You ever been with a Drow Woman? Probably not, but they can be very... Demanding."
s you return to the weapons shop, you see an apprentice about to put up a 'closed' sign, right
beofre you enter. ayzilla] 7:36 pm: The weaponsmith, however, is very happy to see you
    [kitsune1842] 7:36 pm: Jax puts his hand on the door and pushes it gently, but firmly, before the apprentice can get
the sign up.
[Jayzilla] 7:36 pm: "Friends, so nice to see you!" he says, stroking his handlebar mustace. "I've got bad news, and good
news for you, my tall friend." itsune1842] 7:37 pm: "And your news is?"
[Jayzilla] 7:37 pm: "The bad news is," says the burly man, "I've tried several times to work that enchantment you
mentioned, and they were all complete and utter failures!"
[Jayzilla] 7:38 pm: "But, fortunatly for you, I had a few connections in the mages guild, and they new some higher-ups in
the assassins' office, and well, to make a long story short, I found an expert enchanter who specializes in the kind of
magic you need." Suddenly you notice a tall man with a dark robe come out of the shadows.
[Jayzilla] 7:39 pm: His cowl is pulled low over his face, and he makes not even a whisper of noise. It seems liek the
man doesn't even breathe. the dark man says nothing, but the weaponsmith is hard to talk about payments. "Well, the matter of
money... yes, this man's price is a touch higher than my own... I'm sure you'll be able to afford it, however."
[Jayzilla] 7:41 pm: *happy, not hard lol
[Jayzilla] 7:42 pm: "His services are your for the low price of three thousand gold peices. And did I mention that this
amn is so skilled, he'll have the weapon enchanted in minutes??" [Pieh] 7:42 pm: "If you want it, Jax. It's yours." The man turns to the group, emotions unreadable. "Let me see the weapon before I make any
agreements."  [kitsune1842] 7:43 pm: Jax leaves matters of money to Lodel, "Good, I look forwards to doing great harm to those
that stand before me with your work."OverusedName] 7:44 pm: Ulgoth says nothing, looking at the man carefully kitsune1842] 7:44 pm: Jax hands his heaft axe over he cowled man picks up the large weapon with one hand and tests the balance. Suddenly he flings
it into the air with lightning speed! The weapon wedges itself into a ceiling beam
[Pieh] 7:45 pm: "Is this price negotiable? I have a fine stauette i would love to trade to you for a redcuded coiin fee."
[Pieh] 7:46 pm: "Whoa, what was that for?"
[Jayzilla] 7:46 pm: It appears as though the weaponsmith is considering faking a heart attack a heart attack.
[Jayzilla] 7:46 pm: The cowled man wavefs a hand and the axe returns to him soundlessly. "Hmmmm. An excellent
weapon."
[strikereternal] 7:46 pm: (heh i picture lodal being stopped in mid-sentence by the axe throwing)
    [kitsune1842] 7:46 pm: "Impressive, you handel it well. Hmm, and buried it almost half as deep into that beam as it
was in the tree father left it in till the day I could remove it."
      [OverusedName] 7:47 pm: Ulgoth holds back a jump and a reactive attack at the cowled man throws it into the air,
then brings it back, and is stunned.
[Jayzilla] 7:47 pm: "Let me see this.. statue." The way he chuckles, he doubts he'll be impressed. Pieh brings out the menelothian statue
[Jayzilla] 7:48 pm: As soon as he sees the statue, his attention focuses on the item.. suddenly the room seems a little
colder and darker.
[Pieh] 7:48 pm: "It's solid gold and quite rare." "Menelothian?" he whispers. "For that statue I'll make you the weapon if you just cover this leeches'
commision fee." he points as teh rather unpleased looking weaponsmith. "And how much is the sommision fee?"
[Jayzilla] 7:50 pm: "Its' a thousand gold," the weaponsmaster mutters." Pieh] 7:50 pm: "You've got a deal." "And I'll throw in a little tip, there is a man with more of these statues."
[Jayzilla] 7:51 pm: Wordlessly the robed man places the statue in his robes and flees to the shadows
[Pieh] 7:51 pm: "At the Purchase Office, if you like this one yo- Bye." verusedName] 7:52 pm: "I don't think he cared. Or he already knew."
[Pieh] 7:52 pm: "Well, he was an odd fellow."
[Jayzilla] 7:52 pm: Suddenly you hear a huge cracking noise, as though lightnign has struck nearby
[Pieh] 7:53 pm: "What the web was that?" hortly afterward, all the torches in the room turn a dazzlingly bright shade of red
[Jayzilla] 7:54 pm: or lanterns, that is     
    [kitsune1842] 7:54 pm: "The spirits speaking. And omen I am sure, but be it good or ill....who knows."
[Pieh] 7:54 pm: "Oh shi- Can we leave now?"
[Jayzilla] 7:55 pm: Just as suddenly, all the lights go out, and the room is almost pitch black.
    [kitsune1842] 7:55 pm: "Not till he returns with my Axe.
      [OverusedName] 7:55 pm: "I...am slightly scared of this man."
      [OverusedName] 7:55 pm: "Just slightly though."
kitsune1842 starts rolling some dice: (1d20+    
kitsune1842 -> 1d20 (4)+ 8 (8) = 12
    [kitsune1842] 7:55 pm: (Dang perception)
OverusedName starts rolling some dice: (1d20+6)
OverusedName -> 1d20 (19)+ 6 (6) = 25
[Jayzilla] 7:56 pm: Sudenly the room is lit up with a soft red glow as the man returns, holding the axe. it seems
illuminated from inside . gains without a sound, the man returns the axe to Jax.
[Jayzilla] 7:57 pm: He turns toward the exit, and all the lanterns re-light themselves.
[Jayzilla] 7:57 pm: as soon as the axe leaves his hands, the glow of the axe extinguishes.
      [OverusedName] 7:58 pm: May I make an Arcana check to detirmine the exact Enhancement?
[Jayzilla] 7:58 pm: As the cowled man leaves, he says,"We know about that purchasers' office. Who do you think runs
them?" Suddenly he turns. "Minotaur! Beware, that axe is a weapon of prophesy."
[Jayzilla] 8:00 pm: With that, the man leaves the store, disappearing into the shadows cast by the drooping sun The weaponssmith shudders and shrugs. "Those men are so creepy.
    [kitsune1842] 8:03 pm: Jax tests his axe, much like the cowled man in black without the harming of a roof timber
before letting another check it.[Jayzilla] 8:03 pm: And now for my fee, if you will?" "Yeah, sure, Hee you go" Lodal hands over 1000 gold "Now, can we go?"
[Jayzilla] 8:04 pm: With a grin, the weaponsmith says, "Ah, I do love making money this way. If you fellows ever need
anything else, feel free to stop by. Jax nods and steps to the door. "That is all I need." As the party leaves the town through the north gate, they see the same guard that they bribed on
the way in (from the west gate) He smiles and grins, and you see that he now has a golden front tooth. "Y'all come
back now, ya'hear?" Kitsune walks right over the stump by chance Suddenly Jax notices a well hidden trap-door
[Jayzilla] 8:17 pm: concealed next to the stump MarshamSane sits below, next to a large continual flame, parusing his tome"We use the door." That said Jax leans down and nocks on the trap door next to the stump. (Nocks, bangs, slams his fist into repeatedly...which ever works)
MarshamSane gets up, packing his things hurriedly, then opens the door via magehand. And so, the party of five together, including a rather quiet Blydden, they prepared to go to the
shaman shop The once-apprenticed wizard brushed himself off and collected his belongings. "You want to go to
the shaman shop, right?" (for some reason I see him with a spanish accent) He points the way and you see a tall, rather rickety looking building constructed of long, thin reeds bundled together. the odd construction allows the whole building to gently sway in the breeze. "I'm a city Drow, Jax. You'll have to win the hoodoo whatsit over by yourself."
      [OverusedName] 8:29 pm: "It looks dangerous." [Jayzilla] 8:29 pm: As the group enters, it seems that the inside of the buidling is as esoteric as the outside. Animals
roam freely inside, birds flying from the roof and squirrells frolicking on the ground    [kitsune1842] 8:30 pm: "Dangerous? Not in the slightest." [Jayzilla] 8:30 pm: The man inside calls to the group, "don't worry, fellows, there's magic holding these walls up." He chuckles to himself. "city-folk."
Pieh sneezes "I think I'm allergic to somethin in here."
    [kitsune1842] 8:31 pm: Jax enters to the building showing no signs of apprehension or anything of the like. "I am
Jax, of the great Bear clan, white bull and warrior seeking magic hide armor."
[Jayzilla] 8:32 pm: On closer inspection, he seems to be a rather plain looking middle-aged man. his balding hair is
combed over just like a round tavern owner would. His rough clothing looks hand made, and there's always a bright
smile on his round face." e] 8:33 pm: "And I, am...Ulgoth. I am Short, Green, and I recently spent several weeks in a cage." The man nods, "What can I do for you folk? anything I can interest you in?" itsune1842] 8:34 pm: "I am looking for decent armor, pouncing armro for prefference His eyebrows raise. "I supose I should have guessed such a thing. You are certainly all armed to the
teeth."
[Jayzilla] 8:36 pm: However, I do not just hand out that kind of good to just anyone. If the authorities ever got proof that I
was selling weapons and armor without a license, they would chase me out of the city."
      [OverusedName] 8:37 pm: "You aren't in the City."
[Jayzilla] 8:38 pm: The man chuckles, "this may not be inside the walls, but they don't call this the outer city for
nothing. There are archers on those walls watching us even now. Wouldn't want to get them the wrong idea."
[Jayzilla] 8:38 pm: Suddenly he notices Byldden, who has been awfully quiet. "Nephew, is that you?!?"
      [OverusedName] 8:38 pm: "We walk in wearing armor, and we leave wearing armor, I don't see why they would
care. If it helps you any, I am sure you have a back entrance we could sneak out of and avoid you getting in trouble."
      [OverusedName] 8:39 pm: "Nephew?"
[Jayzilla] 8:39 pm: He waves his arms and suddenly Blydden looks much younger than the the twenty years old he
claimed to be when he was rescued. in fact, he seems to be much younger! "Nephew, where have you been? I haven't
seen you for a week!"
[Jayzilla] 8:40 pm: With a squak, Byldden starts flailing his arms. "These are MY friends uncle, you can't make me
stayy, he wails."
      [OverusedName] 8:40 pm: [20? I thought he said he was an old cat]
[Jayzilla] 8:40 pm: (oh, did he?)
      [OverusedName] 8:40 pm: "HES A KID!?"
      [OverusedName] 8:40 pm: [I don't even know anymore
[Jayzilla] 8:41 pm: "Nephew, you've been acting terrible. Fooled these honest people with an illusion of age.!"
      [OverusedName] 8:41 pm: "I want to go back to my cage."
[Jayzilla] 8:41 pm: "You go upstairs to your room This Instant. Or else, I'll call your grandmother in here!"
      [OverusedName] 8:41 pm: "At least the rules are simple there. 'Humans are food, stay quiet, and dealign with the
beatings."
[Pieh] 8:41 pm: "What the- What's going on?"
      [OverusedName] 8:42 pm: "Wait.......If he was a kid, what was up with that Worg of his?"
[Jayzilla] 8:42 pm: With a stricken look, the evidently younger than-he-appeared Byldden weariliy climbs the stairs. A
puppy basset hound trails behind him."
      [OverusedName] 8:42 pm: "We were tricked by a seven year old an a dog."
[Jayzilla] 8:43 pm: "Well gentlemen, I thank you very much for bringing my nephew back here! He's a rambunctious
little kid, but 'very' skilled with illusions."
[Pieh] 8:43 pm: "He must have more power than we thought then."
[Jayzilla] 8:44 pm: "For that I'll sell you your armor at a discount! Now, what did you you say you needed?" tsune1842] 8:45 pm: "Pouncing armor....and maybe something I can use to see through illusions."
[Jayzilla] 8:47 pm: The man chuckles. "Well, I've found the best answer to the illusions is experience dealing with them.
As for armor, do you want that pouncing armor in wood, leather, or hide?" kitsune1842] 8:48 pm: "Hide, I would have my own if my tribe had not been destroyed and I was forced to use the
skin of the great white bear I slew as my test to be a man for somethign else." rusedName] 8:48 pm: "You did what with a what!?" verusedName] 8:49 pm: "Ladel, did you know he killed a Bear?"
      [OverusedName] 8:49 pm: [Oh geez, I think I'm turning into Blyd[
[Jayzilla] 8:49 pm: The man nods knowingly, "Yes, I'm familiar with such traditions, I lived among minotaur for several
years." OverusedName] 8:50 pm: "Jaz, did you kill it with your Bare Hands?" kitsune1842] 8:50 pm: "It is a long story, to be counted as a man you have to slay a great beast with a specail spear treated by the elders of the tribe. The bear was the beast I found." The man slides a panel off the floor and steps down into a concealed basement. "Let me see here," you hear him mutter. He comes back up with a well-made and very large set of pouncing hide armor +1. "This armor was
worn by my minotaurian bodyguard.. He died to a wizard that took offense at my easy-going nature, back when I was a
Diplomat."
[Jayzilla] 8:54 pm: "tis' a long story, suffice it to say that this should fit well." He grins and hands the armor to Jax. Jax lays his hand on the armor and nods. "It will be a great honor to wear his armor. How
much do we owe you beyond doing proud the memory of he that wore the armor before hand?"
[Jayzilla] 8:56 pm: "Well," he says, rubbing his rather large chin, "I think I could part with it for six hundred and fifty gold
peices." "Do you happen to have any tool, preferable magic or very well made, for picking locks and disarming
traps?"
[Jayzilla] 8:59 pm: "Ah, that's one of the goods that I can legally sell," he says with a grin.
[Jayzilla] 8:59 pm: "What quality would you like? Or, should I say, How much do you want to spend?"
[Pieh] 9:00 pm: i would like to spend no more than 1000
[Pieh] 9:00 pm: " "
    [kitsune1842] 9:00 pm: Jax nods and leaves Lodel to do his thing while he changes into his new armor.
[Pieh] 9:00 pm: "However, I could go higher for the perfect set of tools"
[Jayzilla] 9:01 pm: "Well, I can give you a theives kit +2 for 900 gold. That's a very reasonable price, one I would only
offer to a friend."
[General Chatter]: Marley117 has entered at 9:02 pm
[Pieh] 9:02 pm: "That is most reasonable, I will take those and the armor" "How much is the total, sir?"
[Jayzilla] 9:03 pm: "Excellent, then I should be able to feed that damn nephew of mine. he eats like you wouldn't
believe!"
[Jayzilla] 9:03 pm: "1550 gold peices if memory serves, my friend."
[Pieh] 9:04 pm: "that sounds right, here you go."
[Jayzilla] 9:04 pm: "Oh, and I've got one more thing you might be interested in: It's something I've been trying to sell for
awhile."
[Pieh] 9:05 pm: "And what is that?"
[Jayzilla] 9:05 pm: "It's an old goblin charm. roughly translated, they call it a 'stone of glamer."
[Jayzilla] 9:06 pm: "It has the ablility to make a goblin give himself and illusion for a short time
      [OverusedName] 9:06 pm: "Let me see!"
      [OverusedName] 9:06 pm: "I want it!"
[Pieh] 9:06 pm: "Have you heard of this Ulgroth?"
[Pieh] 9:07 pm: "I dont understand what it does."
[Jayzilla] 9:07 pm: He digs around on one of the shelves near his table. "Ah here we go. He fishes out a small stone
with what looks like a crude goblin head carved into it.
[Jayzilla] 9:07 pm: "here you go, try it out." and he hands the stone to Ulgoth.
      [OverusedName] 9:07 pm: "Yes! I have been looking for one forever! Lets say that I am in a town that is... less then
friendly towards myself."
[Jayzilla] 9:08 pm: (It is an amulet, when activated, it gives +5 to any disguise or bluff check that involves looking
human The effect only lasts five rounds)
      [OverusedName] 9:08 pm: "All I have to do is focus on the stone, and." Ulgoth transfomed into a copy of Jax "I am
not a Goblin! For a short time, anyway." "And it only works for goblins?"
[Jayzilla] 9:09 pm: "And you'd be surprised how rarely goblins walk into my shop and ask to buy things!" says the
shopkeeper as he lets outanother of his chuckles.
      [OverusedName] 9:10 pm: "I simply must have this! Please? It is a precious item of my Race! I can't stand the
thought of one of the uncivilized Savages getting a hold of it and selling it or, even worse, breaking it!"
[Jayzilla] 9:10 pm: "That's only 400 gold, a real bargain." You sure thats a bargain?"
[Pieh] 9:11 pm: "I mean, it only works on goblins. and its very short."
[General Chatter]: rylie has entered at 9:11 pm
[Jayzilla] 9:12 pm: With a smile and a nod the shopkeep says, "True, but it is a rather rare item." (feel free to try a roll)
      [OverusedName] 9:12 pm: "You got stuff Ladel! This would allow me to hide in Plain sight." After listening to your arguement, the merchant nods. "Well, it is kind of a trinket. I could go down to 250 gold." "That is the perfect price."
[Pieh] 9:14 pm: (Now we are at an even 4000) [Jayzilla] 9:14 pm: (heh, what are the odds?)      [OverusedName] 9:14 pm: "Thank you Ladel!" [Pieh] 9:14 pm: "You are welcome, Ugly." As you leave, you see Blydden in the top window of the building, with a tearstreaked face. He calls
down," don't worry guys, I'll catch up later!!" You remember that Theonath said to follow the road that leads to the southeast in order to get to the
swamp. pm: Jax is more than ready to head off into the woods, and swamps, face what dangers may
come.      [OverusedName] 9:21 pm: I'm good[Jayzilla] 9:22 pm: After stopping by the local bakery and stocking up on food, the party begins the journey to the southeast. the land is flat and clear for miles, but you see a pine forest in teh distance. Soon, the party enters the forest, the Forest Grostreach About halfway through the forest, as far as you can tell by the crude map illumidan has, you hear sounds of battle! It sounds like several smaller things are attacking one bigger thing
[Jayzilla] 9:29 pm: around the next bend in teh road
[Jayzilla] 9:30 pm: as the party gets closer, they hear several war cries. Ulgoth recognises kobolds.
Pieh "I'll see you guys there." Lodal says as he slinks off into the trees to sneak up on the combatants.
      [OverusedName] 9:30 pm: "Kobolds ahead!"
      [OverusedName] 9:30 pm: "Attacking something larger." shall we intervene, or merely watch?"
    [kitsune1842] 9:31 pm: At the Mention of Kobolds Jax takes off moving, axe in hands he sets off to charge into battle
not really caring if thre is a chance the reptiles are on the side of right.
[Jayzilla] 9:32 pm: You see a large half-orc fighting several kobolds at the same time. The kobolds seem to be having
trouble penetrating the half orcs armor. Heh, the Wizard asks questions, the rogue vanishes, the Barbarain charges. All sounds
right to me)
[Pieh] 9:32 pm: (lol we did it perfectly)
jax 30
dogal 23
marsh 18
pieh 12
ulgoth 8
kobolds 4 17ac 17 fort, 15 ref 15 will, 1d8+ 4 + bleeding d4 per round N:44
As Lodal stalked quietly through the woods, Jax charges at full speed toward the combat. Marsh is
rather shocked at the speed in which the group had split up. arshamSane] 9:42 pm: wait, striker's surrounded? jax charges, hits, The axe burys itself into the creatures back, but it appears that the armor absorbed a decent portion of the blow. Bring it on, you scaly little bastards!" growls the half-orc as he sweeps his blade in a wide arc, aiming to catch all three kobolds in the same swing. The western-most kobold staggers and blood sprays onto the ground. his cruel serrated lond sword droops toward the ground. the other kobolds grunt in pain and anger and prepare to attack. marsham magic missiles, hits for 14 Jax uses a free action to say, "I hope you are not insulted by my joining your battle friend." "Not at all! It's just like the old days."orc replies He seems delighted to be out here killing kobolds.    [kitsune1842] 9:59 pm: Jax likes this half Orc, a man after his own heart. usedName] 9:59 pm: "I'm being replaced in Jax's Heart by a Half-orc!? The Drow suddenly appears to the north, and with a trail of light streaming from his sword engages the
north kobold in melee" :misses [Pieh] 10:02 pm: there goes my epic entrance (so a minotaur, a half-orc, a goblin, and a drow walk into a bar...) lgoth, feeling left behing by Jax
[General Chatter]: Grandore The Giant Killer has entered at 10:04 pm
    [kitsune1842] 10:04 pm: (Jax will always love Ulg, he is the healer, but he has more in common with Striker. And
suddenly that sounds like a guy cheating on his wife with a coworker....)
      [OverusedName] 10:04 pm: turns to one of the Kobolds and casts Lance of Faith Jayzilla] 10:07 pm: the weakened kobold had just managed to regain his balance with the shaft of light burned its' way along the creatures back. The kobolds attacked, eastern kobold crit miss Without even looking, Dorgul effortlessly dodged the attack. The kobold was so surprised he managed to drop his weapon at the half-orc's feet. Dorgul laughs at their pathetic efforts.
[Jayzilla] 10:13 pm: the western kobold gave everything he had at hurting Dorgul, as pain was the only thing the creature had left, and completly missed. Jax laughs at the pathetic attacks of the Kobolds and preforms a recuperating strike on the already injured Kobold. With a huge swing, the minotaur splits the kobolds spine in two peices. the creature crumples to the ground As the Kobold drops Jax uses his Swift charge power charging around Dorgul to the eastern most Kobold as he activates his weapons power and attacks with a howling strike. Jax pulls his axe from teh kobold, exposing what seems like a major artery. Under the coating of gore, it seems like the axe has begun glowing again. Dorgul nods at the barbarian, a silent acknowledgement of his skill and ferocity, then, shifting the grip on his blade, he stabs into the kobold to the north. Pieh hits, Lodals shimmering short sword easily gets behind the kobolds' guard and spills his blood onto the ground. Somehow, the blade doesn't seems to look even a little dirty.
ulgoth shoots another lance of faith. the light somehow cuts through the entire combat, harming only the last kobold Seeing it's last opportunity to escape, the kobold slashes quickly to
try to force back the orc and the rogue. The blade somehow slips into the crack in the half-orc's scale mail at his
shoulder. Blood flows down the orcs' leg. Kobold tries to run, gets caught by Jax's AOO and the kobold collapses to the ground, writing in it's death throes
OverusedName] 10:51 pm: everything is dead?
As the kobold drops to his attack the Minotaur roars out his joy at the blood and battle.
"That was fun." strikereternal] 10:54 pm: "Damn, that kobold cut a little deeper than I thought." The half-orc pulls some bandages from
his pack, and starts to bind the wound.

strikereternal
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Glad to be on board!

Jayzilla
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Dorgul straightens and eyes the newcomers. "You must be the ones Theonath told me about.
Don't guess there's a different drow, goblin, minotaur and human roaming around together."
    [kitsune1842] 4:44 pm: Jax slips his axe back on its holder on his back and offers a hand to the Half Orc. "Hail
friend, I am Jax Minos, of the Clan of the Great Northern Bear. That means you are the Wizard's friend
Dewgong?" Illu pulls one bottle (he has      of wine out of his backpack taking a quick pull before
replacing it. "Aye, it seems we are friend." [Pieh] 4:47 pm: "You're not gonna share that bottle, Illum?" MarshamSane] 4:48 pm: "I shared plenty so far, and those are trail rations, for the journey." he said softly.
      [OverusedName] 4:46 pm: "I am Ulgoth, the Goblin of...being locked in cages." He said, then shrugged and followed
Jax's example. "And, in going with my compatriates, I must ask, are you Dewgong?"
[Pieh] 4:46 pm: "Or was is Dorpal?" kitsune1842] 4:46 pm: "Dolf Lungrin?" The gray-haired half-orc starts laughing. "Old bastard, never could remember my name. I'm Dorgul. Well met." He takes the hand that was offered.
[strikereternal] 4:47 pm: *shakes "I am Lodal, not much to say about me. I have no great clans, and I've never been locked in a cage for
very long."strikereternal] 4:48 pm: "Then we got two things in common."
    [MarshamSane] 4:49 pm: "I am..." he pauses, thinking to himself, "The great and powerful Mizuti."
    [MarshamSane] 4:49 pm: he smiles wryly
    [kitsune1842] 4:49 pm: "Well met anyway, what ever your name actually is. Hah, our friend Lodel is the humble
one. There is no cage that could keep him locked up longer than it takes for a jailer to turn thier back"
MarshamSane] 4:49 pm: I slowly offer lodel the bottle Pieh] 4:50 pm: "Do you have to announce my skills to everyone we meet?"
[strikereternal] 4:50 pm: "Well, ye all seem to fight well enough." Dorgul grins.
    [MarshamSane] 4:50 pm: "Ok, I'm Illumidan. I'm just a humble scoundrel." ieh] 4:50 pm: "Illum, what is in tyhis bottle?" He asks, sniffing it.
[strikereternal] 4:51 pm: "I see.. Well met, Illumidan." arshamSane] 4:52 pm: He smiled, "Its a 12 year burgandy."
      [OverusedName] 4:52 pm: "You announce them even without our help Ladel."
    [MarshamSane] 4:52 pm: "why got a problem with that? you asked for some"
    [kitsune1842] 4:52 pm: "Bah friend Lodel, you should be less humble in your skills, and I do not announce them to
all. I know well enough not to say a thing of them to anyone with a badge, or feathers in thier helmets." eh] 4:53 pm: "And I appreciate that, Jax." He peers into the bottle, then takes a swig "Not bad" eh] 4:54 pm: He raises the bottle high "To new friends!" and takes another swig
[Pieh] 4:54 pm: "OK, thats probably more than is appropriate" He hands the bottle back to Illum verusedName] 4:55 pm: "Be warey and watch your pockets, the Rouge is drunk!"
[General Chatter]: Juno-Ome has entered at 4:55 pm
[strikereternal] 4:55 pm: "Aye, we'll all have to do some drinking later." trikereternal] 4:55 pm: "For now though, we should get going."
[Pieh] 4:56 pm: "I ususally prefer to keep a straight mind"
    [MarshamSane] 4:56 pm: Illum places the bottle back in his pack. Dorgul shifts from foot to foot, looking eager to get on the road. Pieh] 4:56 pm: "Durghol? Do you know the way to the swamp witch?" trikereternal] 4:57 pm: "Aye"
    [kitsune1842] 4:57 pm: "Bah, like you could get him drunk on that weak as awater drink. What we will need later is
a real drink. But fornow, we must find this swamp witch aunt of our wizard friend." MarshamSane] 4:58 pm: "agreed" As the party starts walking through the pine forest, you notice the path slowly becoming less used [Jayzilla] 4:59 pm: Broken flagstones peek out of the ground in some places, indicating that the road has seen better days Rather suddenly, the pine trees end and the forest becomes more spread out. As the sky darkens, the stars start to peek out from behind the clouds. kitsune1842] 5:02 pm: "Aye, we can camp here, find something to eat, and start out at dawn." Pieh] 5:03 pm: "Dorgul, you live around here, dont you have a home nearby we can stay at?" ikereternal] 5:04 pm: "Aye, but it's some distance away. Would take us a day's travel to get there."
[strikereternal] 5:04 pm: "Best we make camp here." Pieh] 5:04 pm: "Fair enough." itsune1842] 5:05 pm: JAx looks for a good placee to camp for the night The minotaur started a cheery fire while Illumidan sat up his tent. tsune1842] 5:06 pm: After the fire is set the Minotaur slips into the trees to find something worth eating.
Ulgoth sits near the fire, and pours over his Ritual Scrolls with a light hum MarshamSane pitches his tent, head towards the fire, unrolling his bedroll inside. The alrge minotaur returns with a few rabits held in one hand and some sticks in the other.
"A brace of Conies for dinner tonight!" arshamSane] 5:10 pm: "sounds good to me"[Pieh] 5:10 pm: "And we have some baked good we purchased before leaving" Pieh] 5:11 pm: "Try to go easy on them though" "a Full Rabbit? My word, those are almost as big as I am!" Ulgoth says "Oh..Wait, I'm
tiny, so I guess it means its normal size for you." itsune1842] 5:12 pm: "Hah, best to keep the food we bring for later. Never know when tehre will be nothing to hunt. Eat what you can find first, then eat what you buy when there is nothing else." arshamSane] 5:12 pm: "A good maxim to live by"
    [kitsune1842] 5:12 pm: (You know, I can almost see Jax dragging back a dire rabbit for dinner....now thanks to
Marsh)[strikereternal] 5:12 pm: "Aye. You're skilled in the ways of the land" rusedName] 5:13 pm: "That is why he is MY partner." rusedName] 5:13 pm: "That is why he is MY partner." Dorgul looks briefly at the goblin and seems a little puzzled, but doesn't say anything. And so the party happily cooked the animals and shared the morsels of meat. They settled down to sleep as the sky continued to darken into true night And so the party all awakened at dawn.
*YAWN*
    [MarshamSane] 5:18 pm: Illum slowly starts packing Jax wakens, slips into the trees again for a little while. Ulgoth packs up his Scrolls and smiles, "Finally! That was my first nap in 3 weeks when I wasn't near the corpse of something I had just eaten."[strikereternal] 5:20 pm: Dorgul is a little slow to rise, and takes a minute to yawn and stretch before he gets up.    [kitsune1842] 5:20 pm: Jax looks for some bird nests on the way back, small though they may be eggs always make a good breakfast. Lodal was already awake, sitting cross-legged on his bedroll and exaiming the menelothian short sword
Dorgul meticulously straps on his well-made scale armor.
    [kitsune1842] 5:22 pm: "Vensen for breakfast!" verusedName] 5:22 pm: "Good. It will give you plenty of energy to soak up blades and arrows while we massacre today's troop of creatures wanting to kill us."[strikereternal] 5:22 pm: He grins as the minotaur comes in with yet another good meal. Pieh] 5:23 pm: "Wow, Jax. I had no idea you were such a hunter. You didn't even split it in two like most things you kill!" shamSane] 5:24 pm: "hmmm, I like this 'camp-food'. definitely good." he takes a quick pull before secreting his bottle away.[strikereternal] 5:24 pm: "Hahah, true" trikereternal] 5:27 pm: "Well, welcome to my, uh, humble abode.." rikereternal] 5:27 pm: The place is kind of a mess.
[Jayzilla] 5:28 pm: The worn, but well-made cottage seems much too bigger for a solitary half-orc. itsune1842] 5:28 pm: "A boat? I thought this place looked like a house?" trikereternal] 5:28 pm: "Yeah, there's one in the back."
[strikereternal] 5:28 pm: "It'll get us to the old woman's."
[Pieh] 5:29 pm: "You live here? By yourself? You really should have picked up a few wives before settling down."
      [OverusedName] 5:29 pm: "A Boot? I don't think that looks like my Boots." Ulgoth says, looking at his feet.
[Jayzilla] 5:29 pm: The sound of a small river mutters off in the distance rusedName] 5:30 pm: "At least it can't smell as bad as a rotten tomb, let most adventures get."[strikereternal] 5:30 pm: He starts off toward the back of the house. Pieh follows the half-orc, looking at everything. "Have I mentioned I can't swim Jax?" Ulgoth asks, staring at the Minotaur rikereternal] 5:34 pm: The house is nice but clearly he hasn't been taking care of it recently "Is that a Farm Plower?"
[Jayzilla] 5:34 pm: (you should have made ulgoth female.... lol)
      [OverusedName] 5:34 pm: [why?]
[strikereternal] 5:34 pm: (lol)
    [MarshamSane] 5:35 pm: "Hey now, don't say 'farm power' to jax. that's offensive."
      [OverusedName] 5:35 pm: [that'd...be...probmatic, if your thinking what I think your thinking]
      [OverusedName] 5:35 pm: "No, not that, look at that thing, with the giant Axe-head and the handles. I think they
call that a Plower."
    [MarshamSane] 5:35 pm: (roll grapple check)
    [MarshamSane] 5:36 pm: "My friend, you can't trick me. that's not a flower." eh] 5:37 pm: "Go ahead and use it, Ulgroth. You need a shower."
[strikereternal] 5:37 pm: "I need to take that thing apart sometime. Put the axe-head in the armory, or something.That's what I turned the boys' room into once they left." Pieh] 5:38 pm: "You have boys?" "Aye, two of 'em. They marched off to join the army just like their pop." ieh] 5:39 pm: "I had a kid back home"
[strikereternal] 5:39 pm: "Dreams of bein' heroes and such." trikereternal] 5:39 pm: "Oh, really?"[Pieh] 5:39 pm: "Cute little girl, of course they took her in to be a priestess. I only saw her once, Drow society isnt very freindly towards the men." erusedName] 5:41 pm: "Are your children still...in the army?" Ulgoth asked, trying to be careful with his phrasing[strikereternal] 5:41 pm: "Did you have a wife or somethin'?" h] 5:41 pm: "Not per se, Drow do it a little differently."
[strikereternal] 5:42 pm: "Aye, as far as I know. They marched off some months ago. Tough boys, just like their pa."
He shows pride, and not a bit of sadness at this, "That must be rough, Lodal." ieh] 5:43 pm: "I've been fine since I escaped, thought I had apretty good run while i was in there"
 
 

Fly by Knight
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
jay dawg

kitsune1842
09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Just for a moment lets all do the bump.

Bumo, bump, bump.

Can't touch this.

Jayzilla
09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
The party got together and reluctantly eyed the ten foot square raft. Somehow, it needed to get moved into the water. With a sigh, Dorgul and Jax took up positions opposite each other, and Lodal and Marsham moved to help.

"Keep moving! That ache will go away when we get there and amputate your legs!" arshamSane] 6:28 pm: *pants*
    [MarshamSane] 6:28 pm: "it's too heavy guys!" Illumidan and Pieh struggle to move the boat, but between Jax and Dorgul, they managed to get the
boat down the worn path to the river shore. dName] 6:32 pm: and Ulgoth sits like a Prince in a Carriage looking down the river, you can see the area becomes considerably more swampy. arshamSane] 6:34 pm: "yuck" he holds his nose to ward away the stronger 'swamp stink' erusedName] 6:34 pm: "AH! Smells just like home I say!" trikereternal] 6:34 pm: "Ready?" sune1842] 6:35 pm: "I hate boats, no where near as good as hard frozen trundra under your feet." MarshamSane] 6:35 pm: "as I'll ever be..." [strikereternal] 6:35 pm: Dorgul clambers into the boat[Pieh] 6:35 pm: "This shit is nasty"      [OverusedName] 6:35 pm: "Come, old grouchy Ladies await us, then, adventure!' they get in. Slowly but surely, the boat starts to move down the river strikereternal] 6:38 pm: "I'll steer" sedName] 6:38 pm: I'm just going to stand at the front like a Viking Leader, one foot on the edge of the boat,
my hands at my waist, staring ahead. MarshamSane] 6:39 pm: I sit in the very middle
[Pieh] 6:39 pm: Lodal is near the back, peering into the murky water
[Jayzilla] 6:39 pm: As the boat slowly travels the middle of the river, you see that the river slowly widens. The growth on
the riverbank becomes more and more thick until it's like a curtain of green At the same time, there seems to be more and more animal and insect life around you verusedName] 6:41 pm: "Beware of Swamp things. I hear of creatures that reach into a boat and pull out
travelers, then feast on their bones." It seems liek as soon as you say that, the boat begins shaking
[Jayzilla] 6:42 pm: Something starts pulling on the big oar that Dorgul is using to steer with
      [OverusedName] 6:42 pm: I jump away from the front of the boat, towards the middle. "Damn you foresight!" arshamSane] 6:42 pm: "I hate you so much right now."Pieh dars his crossbow and points in at the end of the oar verusedName] 6:42 pm: "I hate myself right now too." Dorgul curses sharply Jax stands, carefully, and pulls out his axe.
[Jayzilla] 6:43 pm: The oar is jerked harder, almost out of dorguls reach (the boat is 10 feet by ten feet)
[Pieh] 6:43 pm: "What are you doing Jax? Sit down!"
[Jayzilla] 6:44 pm: (pieh, want to do an acrobatics check to grab the oar?)
Pieh just barely manages to catch the oar before it is jerked into the water by an unknown creature. pieh keep his hold on the oar, but cannot wrest it from the jaws/claws/arms/ of whatever is
underneath them Illumidan takes hold of Lodal I clamber towards the back of the boat, and aim towards were the Creature seems to be.
"Everyone look out!" I say, then use Lance of Faith [Whenever I can use it, so whatever]
    [MarshamSane] 6:47 pm: noooooo [strikereternal] 6:48 pm: Dorgul continues to curse
[Jayzilla] 6:49 pm: Ulgoths' lance of energy shoots into the water, releasing a hiss of steam
pieh YOU SON OF A *****IN FISH! I WILL ORDER MY ARCHMAGUS TO BOIL YOU OUT OF THERE IF
YOU DONT LET GO!" The boiling water, screaming, and shouting manages to frighten away whatever it was, and for a
moment, calm returns to the water trikereternal] 6:51 pm: "We'd better row fast"Pieh pulls the oar in and hands it to Dorgal
Jax moves to the front of the boat to counter balance everyone else moving to the back, and
keeps his eyes out to see if he can see anything moving in the water near the front.
[Jayzilla] 6:52 pm: The raft continues down the river rikereternal] 6:53 pm: "Did we lose it?"
[Jayzilla] 6:53 pm: the next few hours are rather uneventful, except for a lightly claustrophobic feel that pulls over the
group. edName] 6:54 pm: "Ahh, I'm not good with Small spaces."
[Jayzilla] 6:54 pm: (lol)
[strikereternal] 6:55 pm: "Ah, hah! That's a good one!"
[Jayzilla] 6:55 pm: Suddenly the bottom of the raft starts dragging on the bottom of the river as it appears to have gotten
very shallow. The raft jerks unhappily to a stop, and threatened to dump the party into the water.
Illumidan is thrown out of the raft and lands in the water. Soaked, he struggles to stand and finds
himself waist-deed in the murky water      [OverusedName] 6:59 pm: "Now we smell about the same." Fortunately, the rest of the party manages to grab teh parcels of food and supplies to prevent anything essential from water damage trikereternal] 7:02 pm: "Hmph. We've run aground." Pieh] 7:03 pm: "What do you do to a boat when it runs aground?" OverusedName] 7:03 pm: "You pick it up" strikereternal] 7:03 pm: "Well, *you* probably don't pick it up..." he chuckles[Pieh] 7:03 pm: "OK. Big guy and Bigger guy. Do that, please." Jax and dorgul climb into the rather warm water. footprints in the river bottom release a rather mossy scent as they both strain to lift the boat of of the sandbar
rikereternal] 7:08 pm: "MAybe you guys should get out"
[Pieh] 7:08 pm: "Nah, we're ok in here."
MarshamSane clings tighter
[Jayzilla] 7:08 pm: Their staining pulls the boat forward a few feet, shaking it dangerously
    [MarshamSane] 7:08 pm: "nuh-uh." trikereternal] 7:08 pm: "The damn thing is going to flip" Pieh lays down      [OverusedName] 7:08 pm: "Get out you two lazy suckers." MarshamSane clings MarshamSane] 7:09 pm: its wet and smelly, and I am just now clean.
[strikereternal] 7:09 pm: The goblin doesn't add much to the weight, so he can stay Pieh] 7:10 pm: "I cant get these boots wet, it'll ruin them."
[strikereternal] 7:10 pm: "By the Hells, you two are a couple of babies"
Pieh is actually rather well-dressed strikereternal] 7:10 pm: "Then stand on the damn sandbar" trikereternal] 7:11 pm: hahah
[Pieh] 7:11 pm: "Sand... is wet,.."
[Pieh] 7:11 pm: "OK OK," starts taking his boots off
[strikereternal] 7:11 pm: Dorgul sighs and glares at the drow. "Take your boots off, hold them up and get out"
MarshamSane fumes on the sandbar Pieh takes off boots and socks, rolls up pantlegs, and gets out The boat, considerably lightened, moves several more feet. Only the tail end is still caught on the sand bar. itsune1842] 7:14 pm: "After this, I am gonna need a bath. A very long one."
[strikereternal] 7:14 pm: "Once more.." The boat glides off of the sand bar. suddenly the current seems to strengthen Jax trys to jump into the boat as it is caght in the current
[Pieh] 7:18 pm: So does Lodal, from the side      [OverusedName] 7:16 pm: "Help!" rikereternal] 7:18 pm: "Damn it, I was afraid that would happen"
[Jayzilla] 7:18 pm: Jax shakes the boat dangerously, but Lodal's counterwight on teh other side prevents the boat from
flipping
[strikereternal] 7:18 pm: Dorgul leaps for the boat as well MarshamSane tries, knowing he will just faceplant, though Once Jax and Pieh clamber onto the boat, Illumidan and Dorgul try. The wizard clumsily coems
close to tipping the boat with his jump, but dorgul prevents it from flipping before climbing on himself With everyone back on the boat, floating in the water, the boat continues down the river. Dorgul, newly soaked in swamp water, wipes sweat off his forehead and takes up the oar again The party sees a dim plume of smoke through the dense plant life As teh party floats around the bend in the river, you see a sturdy-looking peir sticking out about 10
feet from teh bank. Another boat is tied up with a rather leavy-looking rope. strikereternal] 7:28 pm: "Lodal, want to do your thing?"
ieh] 7:29 pm: "I - Oh, right. That thing."
[Pieh] 7:29 pm: "Sure" As the boat passes the dock, lodal manges to grab it. strikereternal] 7:33 pm: "Uh, wait" trikereternal] 7:34 pm: "Oh"
[strikereternal] 7:34 pm: "Never mind, well done" strikereternal] 7:34 pm: Dorgul climbs out and goes for the rope on the pier ayzilla] 7:35 pm: Lodal takes the end of the rope, and tries to pull the boat toward the dock, with Dorguls help MarshamSane is staring at them in fear of them fliping the boat
[Jayzilla] 7:37 pm: Working together, the two of them manage to get the boat safely teid to the dock
The party carefully took their packages and gear out of the boat and put it safely on teh shore
      [OverusedName] 7:41 pm: "Ah, Solid wood under my feet."
    [kitsune1842] 7:42 pm: Jax makes a snorting sound, and claps his hands together to kill some bugs MarshamSane is greatful to be outa the boat You cqan see the witch's hut at teh top of the overgrown dirt path Dorgul checks to make sure the supplies are all in order, and then starts up the path
The party climbed the path, single file. dorgul in the lead, followed by ulgoth and Lodal, with Illumidan
and finally Jax. The group came to the top of a hill, to what seemed like a natural clearing. However, the surrounding
plantlife seems to hum with a faint trace of magic Suddenly a huge fireball shoots by teh party, following a very unhappy-looking dear
[Jayzilla] 7:50 pm: you hear a battle-screech and suddenly a short, old woman with an angry-looking grin pops out of
the trees, "Come back here you rat!" verusedName] 7:52 pm: "Is she hunting it?"
[Jayzilla] 7:52 pm: With a screech, the animal is enveloped by flame and falls to the ground, evoking a triumphant cry
from the old lady. "Ah HA! Kills em and starts cookin' em too." "But compleatly ruins the hide for other uses.
    [kitsune1842] 7:52 pm: Jax says deadpan.
She walks by the party without a look. "Hupm. Skins. Do I look like a Drood or somethin'?" she
mutters. After somehow picking up the entire deer, she starts walking to her hut. "Well, comon' in, you brutes, have a
nice home cooked meal." MarshamSane follows her
[strikereternal] 7:55 pm: Dorgul shrugs, not about to turn down the offer of food, and follows the old woman into the hut Jax follows as well, he has delt with crazy old women, he knows she is gonna be safe enough as long as your polite and don't contradict her.Pieh shrugs and follows
Ulgoth folows, keeping his already small body as low as posisble, not wanting to have
his face burned off As they all pile into the hut (20ftx20ft), the old lady already has the animal mostly skinned and is
cooking with mage hand at the same time "Illumidan, Mam." ieh] 7:58 pm: "I am Lodal"
      [OverusedName] 7:58 pm: "I am Ulgoth, Madam." "I'm Dorgul. A friend of your nephew Theonath's." he explains, as she doesn't appear to
recognize him "I am Jax." OverusedName] 8:01 pm: "Yes Auntie.
[Jayzilla] 8:01 pm: And she smiles a crack-toothed grin "So, my good for nothing nephew sent you over?" And she lets out a cackle. "He always did like
disturbing his old auntie with visions and visitors and the like. ieh] 8:03 pm: "We heard you requested us, uh, Auntie."
[Jayzilla] 8:03 pm: At this point, she appears to be done cooking the deer. "Here you go, boys, take some food."
"But we can talk business after this fine meal"
    [kitsune1842] 8:04 pm: "Thank you Auntie." JAx glares at Lodel and whispers, "Don't contradict, and stay polite."
[strikereternal] 8:04 pm: Dorgul wastes no time in digging in
[Jayzilla] 8:04 pm: With a nother cackle she says, "Requested you, eh? Is that what he told you?" she sniffs and says,
I told him to send the 'weapons'" OverusedName] 8:04 pm: Ulgoth nibbbles at his food slowly
Pieh digs into the warm meat, letting it push out the swamps chill
[Jayzilla] 8:04 pm: When she mentions weapons, you see a spark of intellect and maybe... hunger in her black eyes
Dorgul chews that one over for a little bit in his mind, while he chews the deer meat. The auntie picks up a chunk of meat and takes a few bites. After the party is done eating, she leaves the hut quickly motioning for them to follow her. "Come on, you, we've got work to do."
arshamSane follows quickly.
Pieh follows slowly
[Jayzilla] 8:27 pm: "Come on, you, we've got work to do."
[General Chatter]: Marley117 has entered at 8:27 pm
    [kitsune1842] 8:27 pm: Jax follows slowly, praying to the spirits that the woman did not poisen the Goblin's food.
[Pieh] 8:27 pm: "Work? What kind of work?" His voiced tinged with suspicion
      [OverusedName] 8:27 pm: Ulgoth follows, praying that the woman didn't posion Jax's food.
[Jayzilla] 8:27 pm: "If you're really going to try to get the third weapon, which.. you should want to, you're going to need
some experience!" "Third weapon?"
      [OverusedName] 8:28 pm: [O really don't want to play anything more tonight, I'm really tired and am probably
goinmg to bed after this.]
[Jayzilla] 8:28 pm: I've done all teh foresight and such, and i'm sorry to say, but you just aren't in the right condition to
go challenge that foolish young'un of a King
[strikereternal] 8:28 pm: Dorgul looks to the others, a little confused
    [kitsune1842] 8:28 pm: (Jax and the Half Orc are hearty fighters, can dealw ith poisen, and the Drow...well Drow do
that thing all the time so he has to have some kinda resistance. Only one to worry aobut is the Goblin)
She pauses for a second. "You cads' didn't explain to Dorgul here about the weapons?"
[strikereternal] 8:29 pm: "What have I gotten into?" Dorgul mutters under his breath
[Jayzilla] 8:30 pm: With a grating sigh, she explains the basics. "They've found a few legendary weapons that should
really be in a set of three."
[Pieh] 8:30 pm: "It didn't come up, auntie"
    [kitsune1842] 8:30 pm: "Oh yeah, Dewgong friend, we found two of a set of three artifact weapons of some anchient
mages."
[Jayzilla] 8:30 pm: "When you bring'um together, Something.. good happens. DOn't ask me what, but that's all the
prophecy said." Dorgul shrugs. "Wouldn't mind gettin' my hands on a new weapon."
[Pieh] 8:32 pm: "You're gonna have to kill a king for yours."[Jayzilla] 8:32 pm: "It's one of those blastedly vague ones that make you want to stab someone."
MarshamSane] 8:32 pm: "woah, cool. an epic quest!"
[Jayzilla] 8:32 pm: Anyways, I happen to know where a menelothian castle ruin is
[Pieh] 8:32 pm: "Is it in the swamp?"
[Jayzilla] 8:33 pm: "right in teh middle of the blasted swamp, if you can believe it."
[strikereternal] 8:33 pm: "Heh."
[Jayzilla] 8:33 pm: "Those menelothians really knew how to build. We couldn't do half the things they did nowadays
    [MarshamSane] 8:33 pm: "ugh..." : "Anyways, the place was built to contain some kind of a rift of some kind. Evil demons and planes
and such jank." "Demons, Gods....Spirits is nothign ever simply this far south?"
[Jayzilla] 8:36 pm: "So, since the keep was made at around the same time, I figure you can go in and figure some stuff
out, you know, get a grasp on the situation." She cracks another wicked grin. "And if you could sesal up that rift while
you're at it, well, that'd be blastedly convienent." "rift?"
[Pieh] 8:37 pm: "Wizards, you listening?"
      [OverusedName] 8:37 pm: "Quite." [strikereternal] 8:37 pm: "Well, it's a far cry from kobolds." [Jayzilla] 8:37 pm: "It's a crack into some unhappy place. Don't worry about it, the Menelothians really managed to get the thing sealed up: to this day it isn't often something diabolical comes out."
[Pieh] 8:38 pm: "With out luck we will arrive just before it's dinner time."
[Pieh] 8:38 pm: *our
      [OverusedName] 8:38 pm: "One of these 'Diabolical' things wouldn't happen to be an Aquatic creature that can pull
an Oar from a Half-Orc's hands, would it?
    [MarshamSane] 8:39 pm: "oh lord, this should be interesting"
[Jayzilla] 8:40 pm: "Anyways," she continues while walking, ignoring the groups comments, "If you go in there and do
me a favor sealing that thing, I'll make it worth your time. I've got all kinds of nice magical tidbits collected up over the
years. And wheile you're at it, you can find out more about the guys that made those two weapons."
    [MarshamSane] 8:41 pm: "sounds damn decent."      [OverusedName] 8:41 pm: "Don't Swear!"[Pieh] 8:42 pm: "Sounds worth it"
: "So how do we seal it?" Jax says as he steps a distance away from the Goblin just in case.
[Pieh] 8:42 pm: "Probably a virgin sacrifice"
[Pieh] 8:43 pm: "OR is that how you Open portals?"
[Jayzilla] 8:43 pm: "well, it's not really how you seal it.... It's pretty sealed right now. The trouble is, some fool of a kid
got convinced that he'll get a huge reward if he lets this demon back into the world."
verusedName] 8:43 pm: "Then we go kill the kid?"Jayzilla] 8:44 pm: "That's exactly the idea. My, you kids are fast thinkers for such young'uns."trikereternal] 8:44 pm: "Oh, great."tsune1842] 8:44 pm: "Kill the kid? I thought vigin sacrafices were out? verusedName] 8:45 pm: "What is it with you and Sacrifices?"
THe party goes over a hill, and suddenly you see ruins in the distance Pieh] 8:47 pm: "Where did this kid coem from? Is he a swamp dweller, or what?"
[Jayzilla] 8:48 pm: "Well, I think what you city-folk would call him is a 'cultist.' don't ask me why though"
[Jayzilla] 8:48 pm: "The damnfool is trying his hardest to open that gate, and he hasn't gotten wanywhere in weeks!
Still, he's having enough of an effect that it's been disturbing the swamp-life. Pieh] 8:49 pm: "Is there just one? Cultists usually come in Cult.."
"Maybe it's not a very popular cult"
[Jayzilla] 8:50 pm: The Auntie cackles, saying "Well aren't you a funny one. He's got help, though I couldn't tell you of
what kind or how many. I'm sure you five young'uns have enough energy to kill'em all though."
[strikereternal] 8:51 pm: Dorgul nods itsune1842] 8:53 pm: Jax nods, "A few young cultists should not be too bad."As the party gets closer to the castle ruins, you see that great piles of shattered stone blocks and
scorched timbers dominate the clearing, sprawling out from it's center to the edge of the swamp. no plants grow among the ruins or within the clearing, which is no small feat in the middle of the
swamp. In fact, the ground here doesn't even seem wet. The ground is bare dirt, and although the forest has encrouched
on the path leading here, it has not intruded on teh ruins of the ancient castle. However, someone or something has clearly tampered with the ruins. In teh center of the debris,
stone blocks and timbers have been gathered into a pile. SOmeone has cleared a path through the rubble
[Jayzilla] 8:59 pm: and pulled aside the wreckage to reveal a stone staircase. The staircase decends into the darkness.
verusedName] 9:00 pm: "Into the Belly of the Beast."
[strikereternal] 9:00 pm: Dorgul unsheathes his sword as they get ready to enter
[Jayzilla] 9:00 pm: "Well," says the Auntie, "You guys go do your thing. I'll be back doing auntlike things and counting
my gold." MarshamSane] 9:00 pm: "let roll." ieh] 9:01 pm: "Sounds good." And with a snap of her fingers, she disappears in a move that reminds you very much of her nephew

strikereternal
09-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Dungeon crawling time!

Jayzilla
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
4e reminders before major dungeon crawlage:
There are two types of rests: extended rests and short rests. Short (5 minute) rests recharge encounter powers and allow you to use a healling surge. You cannot perform any action during a short rest, and if you don't take a short rest after using an encounter power, you do not get to use that encounter in the next encounter. Extended (6 hour) rests restore all hps, healing surges, and any used daily/encounter powers.
entering a square with 'difficult terrain' takes 2 movement points.
using an action point give you an extra standard, move, or minor action. You get another action point at the END of every second encounter.
normal cover gives the person in cover a +2 situation bonus to all defenses, superior cover gives +5. In this dungeon, any unsecured bads and tables can be flipped over to grant superior cover.
bull rush is a standard action, str vs. fort, pushes one space. If you successfully push someone next to a ledge, they get a saving throw immediatly.
 
Jax stops as he reaches the dry dirt. He leans down and digs intot he gorund a little with his
right hand before standing and letting the dirt he picked up blow away in the wind. "The spirit of the swamps does not
like this place, or is kept from it by some force. This is not right, come we have a job to do and something to slay."
Jax waits on the others, choosing to take up the rear as he is good on a charge and the Drow tends to be better at
dealing with traps that may lie ahead of them.
Striker Well, considering the rift inside this place.. I'm not surprised"
"Unless its a landslide." overused
[strikereternal] 8:10 pm: "The drow and I should go in front. Lodal, maybe you could go slightly ahead of me, keep an
eye out for traps an' such."
Kinghappo] 8:11 pm: "no, thats when mother nature decides something should not be wondering around...."
Pieh] 8:11 pm: "Yeah. I'll go, let me deal with traps."
      [OverusedName] 8:11 pm: "I shall go in the middle. There are less traps designed for the person in the middle, more
for those in the back of front!"rikereternal] 8:12 pm: "No, I think Illumidan in the middle."
[strikereternal] 8:12 pm: "Standard doctrine. Mages in the middle always."
[Pieh] 8:12 pm: "You're very wise for an ugly goblin."reternal] 8:12 pm: "Aye, he's right, but the mage is the one who needs such protection the most."
      [OverusedName] 8:12 pm: "Are you saying that all Goblins are Stupid!"ieh] 8:13 pm: "Just most" He says and turns back to the hole into darkness
[Kinghappo] 8:13 pm: "Hey, I resent that... i can protect myself very well....as long as i don't get hit..."
[strikereternal] 8:13 pm: "That's the whole point."
[Jayzilla] 8:14 pm: (so the order is Lodal (pieh) next to Dorgul(striker) followed by Ulgoth (overused) and
illumidan(kinghippo), with jax in the rear?)
    [kitsune1842] 8:14 pm: Jax laughs, "Actually, I know of a rather good one that deals with the middle. Rather easy
too, all it takes are a couple of large logs and a few ropes. Whom ever is up front trips the trap, and the logs slam
together a few feet behind him right into his supoport...probably easy to do something like that with falling stones."kereternal] 8:14 pm: (Yes, except I want to stagger it slightly, so Lodal will be one square ahead of me.)
[strikereternal] 8:14 pm: (so I'm one square back and to his side.)
[Pieh] 8:14 pm: (What? No way! Lodal is behind you looking for traps)
[Pieh] 8:15 pm: (I dont go as much as a full square ahead)
[strikereternal] 8:15 pm: Dorgul sighs
      [OverusedName] 8:15 pm: "If it was logs, they would simply fall above my head, stones are more worrsime, but I
doubt you would let me die."] 8:16 pm: "Alright then, we'll go side by side.."
[Jayzilla] 8:16 pm: The morning turns slowly into afternoon. Standing in the clearing is becoming unnerving. No normal
forest sounds, like insects and small animals can be heard.
[Jayzilla] 8:17 pm: Even the trees nearby seem to be unnaturally still, and a chill settles into the adventurers bones.
[Pieh] 8:17 pm: "Ok. let's go on in."m: "Ok. let's go on in."
[strikereternal] 8:17 pm: "Time is wasting, we'd better get going if we want to stop this stupid cult."
      [OverusedName] 8:17 pm: "We could keep arguing all day."
Pieh checks for entrance traps
[Kinghappo] 8:17 pm: Looking around at the silence he starts to get nervous... "um guys... whatever the order, let us be
rid of the dangers of the wilderness": After studying the staircase very carefully, you determine that there are no traps. The stairway
decends roughly 25 feet and you observe dim light at the bottom of the steps.Pieh notices a goblin (j-11)- The goblin seems very well fed and strong for his kind. He's currently busy biting off the head of a rat,
and not paying much attention at all to the front door.
verusedName] 8:28 pm: I walk up to the Goblin "Hello, Brother." 8:29 pm: The goblin starts into attention, obviously suprised to see anyone apporaching him. zilla] 8:30 pm: "Hey," he squeaks in very rough common, "Wot are you guys up to?? Wot's the pass phrase! erusedName] 8:31 pm: I stare back dully rikereternal] 8:32 pm: "Wouldn't have lasted a week in the army..." trikereternal] 8:32 pm: Dorgul mutters under his breath edName] 8:33 pm: "Yes, we are, We are here to see Kalarel."
verusedName] 8:34 pm: "And what if we are coming to see him to GET the Passphrase?"
[strikereternal] 8:35 pm: (well, I mean is he looking at any of us that I can tell from watching his eyes)
      [OverusedName] 8:35 pm: "Then we will return and give you the passphrase after we get it." trikereternal] 8:37 pm: Dorgul waits for the goblin's response, hand on his sword
[Jayzilla] 8:37 pm: The Goblin says, "They'll torture me if i let you past without the phrase!" he seems rather upset. he
turns and yells behind him, "Oi! You lazy gits! People'r here!" OverusedName] 8:37 pm: "Happy now Dorgul? Proving that, like you said, all Goblins are stupid."
      [OverusedName] 8:38 pm: "Also, other Goblin, Dorgul is that one that was staring at me ernal] 8:38 pm: Dorgul hisses. "No time for your stupid games" as he starts to charge the goblin
26 striker
15 overused
11 goblin warriors
11 kit
8 pieh
7 goblin sharpshooters
5 illumidan
rats readied Dorgul followed quietly behind Ulgoth, stopping about 15 feet behind. as he readied for combat,
suddenly the floor fell out underneath him, tumbling him into a pit!
[Jayzilla] 8:50 pm: (make a saving throw dorgul tumbled into the pit. It appears that the squares with the pillars were a cunningly
constructed pit trap.all squares with a pillar are now an open pit The pit is the home to a large number of rats. Surprised at the sudden objects tumbling from above, they swarm to a defensive position. Dorgul rose steadily, having been through much worse tumbles in teh past. Seeing the animal threat,
he immediatly sprang into action before they could harm him. He leaped as high as he could, catching the rough walls
of the pit and crushing a few rats in teh process strikereternal] 9:01 pm: Dorgul draws his sword with a growl
Ulgoth quickly shot a lance of divine flame at the goblin, who sreiked and pressed himself against the
damp wall. :07 pm: The goblin warrior, still shrieking, moves forward and attempts to push the goblin into the pit. illa] 9:11 pm: Ok, ulgoth falls prone.
Jax grins as it becomes apparent that the fight is on. He grips his axe tight as it seems to
grow thorns along the handel digging into his palms before letting out a blood curtling howel and charging the Goblin.
Ending to the right of the goblin he swings, and in a feat of skill strikes at him agian with a recuporating attack. (Minor
action activate axe's at will power to take 2 hp damage, Charge ending with a howling strike instead of a basic melee,
ending at K-10, spend action point to take The goblin throws his spear out and finally stops squealing as teh slash slices across his chest
Lodal masterfully steps behind Jax, and draws the attention of the goblin with a series of masterful
strikes and stabs, slowly backing the goblin to the edge of the precipice.
[Jayzilla] 9:31 pm: The goblin, seeing his doom near, throws himself onto the ground flat at jax and Lodal's feet Another quarrel flies out from teh darkness zilla] 9:37 pm: There appears to be another goblin crouched around the conrer in square i15
po] 9:39 pm: Standard: Bad little goblin! [Empowering Lightning, Vs
Reflex] It's time that you learn the error of your ways! 16 dmg : The goblin throws a grimy hand in front of him and steps back, nearly overcome by electricity.
"You guys take care of that one." Dorgul hefts his greatsword and, ignoring the prone goblin,
moves into the hallway to deal with the newcomers hits, 10dmg The goblin staggers from teh force of the blow, and looks very disconcerted.
erusedName] 9:52 pm: I cast Lance of Faith again 12 ] 9:56 pm: The flame sears through the goblins' chainmail and blisters the things ugly head. (bloodied0
Suddenly another goblin armed with a spear comes around a corner from the east, screaming a
similar war cry, something about a demon. He stops at square m-8 and lets loose a javelin at jax.
The goblin, who has obviously recieved some skirmisher training, hits jax for 5 damage The prone goblin quickly jumps to his feet and stabs his spear at jax. Wildy flailing, the spear does not connect.
Jax takes an arrow at his shoulder and roars in anger, containing his rage he once more
activates the power of his axe and then strikes again at the Goblin he has been fighting with an avalanch strike raining
blows on him. : The goblin's blood sprays as jax throws aside his week defense and hacks repeatedly. The goblin
slides to the ground with the minotaurs axe still embedded in his throat. Jax lets out a roar and uses the momentum of his strikes to propell him along to charge to M9 and attack the other govblin The goblin, not expecting the sudden assault, barely managed to move his spear into a guard
position
The crossbow gob crits on Dorgul, and he gets stabbed for 8.
"Hmm.... " Looking at the flanked goblin he believes that guy is covered, as a minor he charges
his wand (+4 from empowering lightning effect, plus wand of accuracy +2) "Looks like it's time for the loooong bomb..."
Eyeing the goblins way down the hall. The wizards burst of light sears both ranged goblins, bloodying one and surprising the other who
thought he was safe behind cover. e1842] 10:30 pm: (ZZZZOT!)
striker deftly stabs both goblins with a single swing. The bloodied goblin seems to droop as he
looses his life-blood, but he still manages to hang onto life. Dorgul slits his eyes, calls upon a hidden reserve a power, and the slashes his sword right down the creatures' chest, cutting him open. reternal] 10:44 pm: "Cleric! I could use some help!" [OverusedName] 10:44 pm: "No."
The goblin warriors head seems to be spinning with all the moving around Lodal was doing. He
made a few futile stabs with his spear and finally committed to a blow as lodal took a second to stand still. hits for 4 dmg, Pieh] 10:57 pm: "You cut me! You little son of a turd pile, you will rue the day!"

Jayzilla
09-23-2009, 01:07 AM
26 striker
15 overused
11 goblin warriors
11 kit
8 pieh
7 goblin sharpshooters
5 illumidan

the goblin looked off balance and did't focus on the huge minotaur standing next to him... an unfortunate
mistake for him. Jax's sudden and vicious swing caught the goblin in the shoulder, opening up a gushing wound. The goblin screams as Lodal strikes a particularly vicious blow. The goblin crossbow grunt sees his friend being hurt and cry out at him. The goblin grunts at his compatriot and stabs at dorgul. Dorgul, enraged and bleeding from yet another location, chops wildly at the goblin's back as he turns to flee. The goblin squeals and runs to the east of his location. You hear a door slamming shut
(I move to P7 with fluffy following me so i can keep an eye down that hall) You see a door to your east and a hallway going south with a long tattered curtain blocking your sight[Jayzilla] 7:48 pm: Through the scraps of rags you can see what looks like crates. Yeah, i hate curtians, scourching burst located centered on the curtain)
[Kinghappo] 7:50 pm: "come out Come out, wherever you are!" ::with a snap i send hotfire towards the fabric
[Kinghappo] 7:50 pm: ::
[Jayzilla] 7:51 pm: oes that take an attack roll?
[Kinghappo] 7:51 pm: it does a burst one so i'm just making sure there isn't anything i need to roll behind it
[Jayzilla] 7:52 pm: Hmm, ok, your blast of fire hits the curtain easily, scattering rags and ash. The smell of scorched
rags in the air is rather unpleasant. pm:
Dorgul briefly considers the idea of pursuing the little bastard that just nicked him, but thinks
better of it. Instead, he moves to rejoin his companions and take care of the remaining goblin. Dorguls reaping strike fells the goblin
[strikereternal] 8:01 pm: Bleeding from several wounds and breathing heavily, Dorgul takes a moment to inform his
companions that the other goblin fled to the east. Jax for a moment looks disapointed that he did not get to kill the goblin. "Well, then lets go
and cut him down!" No." Ulgoth says, looking at him and Dorgul. "You will all sit down and let me
administer proper care to your injuries." "Who is most wounded?" Ulgoth asks, going from combat to nurse mode, looking at
them. "And don't stand, it makes your blood rush out faster, sit sit sit."
    [kitsune1842] 8:09 pm: Jax takes a moment to rest, let his blood cool and spends tow healing surges to regain 22 hp.
[strikereternal] 8:10 pm: Dorgul glowers at the goblin, but holds off on delivering the tirade that he was going to deliver.
Instead he just says, "Next time check with the group before you try to parley with the enemy."
    [kitsune1842] 8:10 pm: (Unless someone else has us dow somethign else or I get a couple of heals yeah)
      [OverusedName] 8:10 pm: "Except that without said Parley, we would have all been bunched up and have to charge
at him, wihich would have ended with us all falling into the trap." "It doesn't change the fact that you ran off to do something without checking with the rest of the group. And had he noticed the rest of us, he would have sounded the alarm anyway." "Except that you don't know that, because he might have thought that you guys were also part of the group had the lie worked."
Dorgul spits at the ground. "A drow, a half-orc, and a bloody minotaur? Likely."
[Pieh] 8:14 pm: "Dorgul, no harm done. We got them all and we're still alive. Ulg has a point, if we tried to sneak, we
would have fallen into the pit and alerted him anyway." OverusedName] 8:14 pm: "This is a Cult, not a Goblin Meeting."
[strikereternal] 8:14 pm: "You think this was some kind of party? Like you'd just walk in and say we're not on the guest
list?"
      [OverusedName] 8:14 pm: "And you think the best way in was to just cut a bloody, gorey, swath through everything?"
[strikereternal] 8:15 pm: "By the Hells, you're daft. I don't care about that. What I care about is you acting without the approval of the unit."
illumidan It's not like alot will be changed, we could of walked in here bound and with the goblin leading us as if he captured us.... [OverusedName] 8:16 pm: "I can't Argue with Simpltons!" [strikereternal] 8:16 pm: "My old commander would've had your hide for that stunt."  [OverusedName] 8:17 pm: "Well I don't see him around, do you?" [strikereternal] 8:17 pm: "No, but if you pull something like that again I will damn well act in his place."
    [kitsune1842] 8:17 pm: "He is no warrior,, he is a preist. They work in words the way we do blades. He can't be
exptected toa ct like a warrior." OverusedName] 8:18 pm: "Then you can try to get through this cult of blood-thirsty fighters without someone to heal you!"
[strikereternal] 8:18 pm: Dorgul gets to his feet and turns. "Let's go hunt down that goblin, if he hasn't already ran back to his comrades."
kitsune1842] 8:19 pm: Jax sighs, "Running off to do as he did without saying what he was doing was a foolish thing,
but by no means desertion. We are people, not machines so let him think for himself. Now yes, lets go kill the bastard
that got away."
      [OverusedName] 8:19 pm: "Agreed." Ulgoth says, pointedly staying several feet away from Dorgul
[strikereternal] 8:19 pm: looks at the minotaur and said "At least one of you has a bit of sense."
Jax moves to the door as quiet as possible and listens to hear
you can't hear anything distinctive, it sounds like goblin voices in a large cavern
[Jayzilla] 8:24 pm: when you're standing at the door, you can look down into room one c
[Jayzilla] 8:24 pm: and you see some kind of a rustle
    [kitsune1842] 8:25 pm: Jax looks to teh others, gestures at the dead goblins and then mimics talking using his hand
before giving a questioning look and nodding at the door. Dorgul nods, then gestures toward the room to the south and makes a throat-slashing motion.
[strikereternal] 8:26 pm: He looks questioningly at Jax.    [kitsune1842] 8:27 pm: Jax grins and nods, gesturing tos ee if Dorgul wants to go first.
illumidan ::grabs his wand and makes the "want me to make it go boom" international motion:
[strikereternal] 8:27 pm: Dorgul nods and looks to the others, then begins to creep as stealthily as he can manage into room one c jax follows, Ulgoth sneaks silently behind Jax, holding his symbol in his right hand in square K-4.
Ok, dorgul, you peek around the corner in time to see the door at f10 slam shut. He starts to move toward it, avoiding the rubble.Going to listen for any sounds on the other side, espeically goblin voices
Jax moves to follow behind Dorgul staying just behind himJayzilla] 8:40 pm: Dorgul has his ear up to the door when he suddenly hears a loud scraping noise directly from teh other side. "Barricade" Dorgul whispers to the others, and looks to the minotaur. Jax grins and gestures to the others if the want him to break the door? I'm taking the dor off
[Jayzilla] 8:44 pm: the hinges are on this side ;p
[Kinghappo] 8:44 pm: ::after hearing some scuffleing behind him instantly he turns around::: Company!!! ::launches a thunderwave towards the scuffleing:: the explosive magic frightens the injured goblin enough that he prostrates himself and creis 'please don't killll meeeeee' kitsune1842] 8:51 pm: (Hmm, I can double move and end up at L-10....hehe stand looming over him.)[Kinghappo] 8:52 pm: (wand trained on him and i will approach to make sure he doesn't get too far)
trikereternal] 8:52 pm: "Maybe we should have the cleric interrogate him."[Jayzilla] 8:53 pm: "nooo, nice oo-mans no hurt mee......" his squeals are nearly unintellegable. rikereternal] 8:53 pm: "We've got other threats running about right now, though... I don't know if we can afford the time
to deal with him."
      [OverusedName] 8:53 pm: Ulgoth shrugs at Lodel and waves goodbye, then trudges his way towards the Half-Orc.
"Did you call me?"
[Jayzilla] 8:53 pm: The party approaches the goblin while Illumidan watches him with his wand ready
[strikereternal] 8:53 pm: "If they are aware of our presence they may be organizing a counter-attack."
ULGOTH! GIT IN HERE!" Jax bellows out as he realizes its time for words not cutting
things into small peices. "And you! Who do you think your calling an Ooo man!"
[strikereternal] 8:54 pm: Dorgul turns to Ulgoth. "Got you a friend." The goblin is overjoyed to see one of his own kind and starts bawling erusedName] 8:57 pm: "What are you doing in this horrible place little one?" Jax just growls a little at being called human and plays bad cop to Ugoth's good cop.
      [OverusedName] 8:59 pm: Ulgoth gestures Jax away "Not neccesary, hes already scared enough. What is Balgron doing?"
Were were all happy, living in a cave like goblin should, and suddenly dark stranger came and gave
balgron a huge gem.... then he force us all to leave to this dark scarey place."
[Jayzilla] 9:00 pm: (what room are you looting pieh     )
      [OverusedName] 9:00 pm: "I can forgive no one that would force you out of your caves. I am sure you liked your
Caves a lot didn't you, and you want to go back, right?"
[Jayzilla] 9:00 pm: "Dark guy gave balgron gem so he'd guard this stupid room....."
[strikereternal] 9:00 pm: "Where's the drow off to?" 9:00 pm: "Dark guy gave balgron gem so he'd guard this stupid room....."
[strikereternal] 9:01 pm: Dorgul returns to room one-C and goes to rejoin Lodal, so he's not by himself in case anything happens
Lodal pockets the gold and gem quickly and walks up through to room one with the flask
[Jayzilla] 9:02 pm: The goblin continues crying, "Me jsut want to go home to cave and eat rattsss.. don't kill." Ulgoth"Did Balgron take your whole Group with him from the cave, or did some of them stay behind?" The little goblin sniffs and wipes his nose. "No, not all.. the old one stayed. Balgron only brought the
young and greeedy goblins usedName] 9:05 pm: "Then why don't you hurry back home?"
[Jayzilla] 9:05 pm: the goblin nods and runs toward the door as fast as he can
    [kitsune1842] 9:05 pm: "Where isBalgron, and where is what ever you were guarding?"
      [OverusedName] 9:05 pm: "But, before you do, you need to draw us a Map, and give us any passwords this place
might have, okay?" Pieh] 9:05 pm: Walks into Room one "What's up, guys?"
[Pieh] 9:06 pm: from the south he stops and points to the west. "Tha was balgron.... and torture." He points to the east. "That way
for digging, gems." he points to the south. "That ways where the dark man went.. you doan wanna go there."
    [kitsune1842] 9:07 pm: Jax looks at Pieh and shrugs, "Gobs forced here by fat one, bribed to keep guard. Find any
shinies?" OverusedName] 9:07 pm: "Alright, you can go, and make sure to tell your people not to accept any jewels from
strangers anymore, okay?"[Pieh] 9:07 pm: "Nah, nothin, just this flask"Pieh swishes the liquid around. verusedName] 9:08 pm: "May I see? Also, Jax, you and Ladel should go to the East, there seems to be a Mine that way, probably plenty of Shinies." Ulgoth says, looking at the liquid.
trikereternal] 9:09 pm: "What did he say about the west and the south?" Dorgul asks, having noticed the goblin
pointing in those directions[Jayzilla] 9:09 pm: the flask is pitted and scarred glass, but appears full and without leaks OverusedName] 9:10 pm: "West is...Balgron and Tourture, and the South is 'The dark Man', the one who pulled them out of the caves in the first place. Apparantly, they don't go that way."trikereternal] 9:11 pm: "Balgron?" OverusedName] 9:11 pm: "He was their Cheif. He was given a Large Jewel, and told to guard...Something. Only the
Young and Greediest of the Goblins are here."
Pieh opens the flask and sniffs the liquid
      [OverusedName] 9:13 pm: "DON'T DO THAT!"[Pieh] 9:13 pm: "Huh?"      [OverusedName] 9:13 pm: "What if its posion you fool?"[Jayzilla] 9:13 pm: The flash smells like a strong alcohol.[Pieh] 9:13 pm: "I'm not gonna DRINK it."verusedName] 9:13 pm: "Do you have any IDEA how many chemicals there are that can kill you in a single
Breath of it?"[Pieh] 9:13 pm: "Well, it's just booze." [Pieh] 9:14 pm: "Illumidan is our booze expert, wanna try it, Illum?"
[Kinghappo] 9:15 pm: ::gives the fonzy pose::: Ehhh...... i'm always game for a drink...
[Jayzilla] 9:16 pm: You think it's a strong dwarven drew
[Jayzilla] 9:17 pm: probably several centuries old and valuable to the right collector
trikereternal] 9:12 pm: "No doubt we have a meeting with this dark man, but I think we should check out whatever he's guarding first. It must be important."
     Kinghappo] 9:13 pm: Comon, goblins guarding something important? this says wrong any many languages to me guys...[ [OverusedName] 9:14 pm: "Goblins are very good Guards, Thank you. If you give us rats to eat, we will guard just about anything."
OverusedName] 9:17 pm: "It would be wise to split our group. Jax and Dorgul can come with me to speak to the
Goblins, and Ladel and Illumidan can go check out the mine, then we could meet back up and inspect the rift."
[Pieh] 9:18 pm: "Why are you taking the heavy hitters? I want Jax with me, we work well together."
[strikereternal] 9:18 pm: "We shouldn't split the group."
[Kinghappo] 9:18 pm: ::smiles and recaps it:: It's.....alright... ::memorizes the taste so he can use it with
prestidigitation::
      [OverusedName] 9:18 pm: "Because your going to a Mine, we are going to a guarded area."
      [OverusedName] 9:18 pm: "If we do not split, we are increasing our time by two."
[strikereternal] 9:18 pm: "If the goblins are more numerous than they were here, we could have a tough fight on our
hands."
[Pieh] 9:18 pm: "Alright, Illum, let's load up on gems," Jax snorts, "Why not jsut sto the dark man and dealw ith the rift then clear everyone else out
when we are done. Shinies and all." strikereternal] 9:19 pm: "Because I want to know what these goblins are guarding."
    [kitsune1842] 9:20 pm: *Why not just stop the dark man and dealw ith the rift.... red at 9:20 pm
      [OverusedName] 9:20 pm: "Jax, while I agree your plan is good, we don't know what taking down the rift might do. It
might collapse this entire temple down onto our heads, and then we wouldn't get any Shinies." itsune1842] 9:21 pm: "Fine, then lets take teh gobs, then the mine, then if the damned wizard has not opened the
rift yet kill him."      [OverusedName] 9:21 pm: "Alright. Then we won't split up."[strikereternal] 9:21 pm: "Agreed."[Pieh] 9:21 pm: "Fine with me."inghappo] 9:22 pm: The more meatshields that i have in front of me the better...
      [OverusedName] 9:22 pm: Ulgoth motions to the West, then starts walking. "Try to stay out of site as much as
possible. I want to see if we can't get through without having to kill every member of my species here." strikereternal] 9:24 pm: "Well, considering how scared that goblin was of Balg-whatever, I think they will fight" kitsune1842] 9:24 pm: "Unless we cut the fat goblin in half." Jax grins as he takes up the rear again and follows behind the others. the corridor widens into a long, narrow chamber. Doors are set in the northern and western walls and
double doors stand to the east. Faint bloodstains streak the floor between the eastern door and teh norrthern door the room ahead is empty and you don't immediatly notice any secret doors, only the bloodstains on teh floor
. ieh] 9:33 pm:East QUIETLY!
[Pieh] 9:33 pm: just me and ulg are going
[Pieh] 9:33 pm: "We will yell if things attack us" lodal and ulgoth creep up on the eastern door from the north your hear a hiss, like steam. ghappo] 9:38 pm: kick that bad boy open and thunderwave the first thing we see, theres nothing here that i'm trying to rescue right? OverusedName] 9:40 pm: "Sounds like steam." Ulgoth whispers to Ladel. "You think we should check it out now or later?" Pieh] 9:42 pm: "Later is fine." OverusedName] 9:43 pm: "Alright., lets head to the east." He says as he slowly ceeps closer to the door. Lodal nudges teh door open, and it slides open without creaking. WHoever made this castle surely knew how to make a good hinge.
ayzilla] 9:45 pm: You see in front of you a 20 foot hallway
[Jayzilla] 9:46 pm: that opens into a room you cannot see all of. There's a curtain at the far end
[Jayzilla] 9:46 pm: 40 feet from you.
[Pieh] 9:46 pm: Close the door quietly, "leave that one for now"
      [OverusedName] 9:46 pm: "Right. Steam then?"
[Pieh] 9:47 pm: "yup"
      [OverusedName] 9:47 pm: "Its all yours."
[Kinghappo] 9:47 pm: :    outs:: ::whispers:: but i wanna burn the curtains! Lodal moves to teh north door, lays on the floor, and peers under the door. You see the glow of a fire and at least one thing moving around. It doesn't seem like it's a goblin. trikereternal] 9:51 pm: Dorgul twiddles his thumbs
[Pieh] 9:51 pm: "Ulg, go get the group" Lodal says as he hides off to the side of teh door "Right." Ulgoth walks quietly to the group, then waves them over when they can see, motioning to be quiet and sneak.
Dorgul 24
ulgoth 22
Xbows 20
illumidan 14
warr 10
Lodal 9
Fiend 4
Jax 3
Dorgul raises his blade and charges into the room, going after the closest he sees, which is the unfortunate spear goblin standing close to the door[strikereternal] 10:07 pm: Roaring a battle cry, he unleashes a powerful swing, but misses. Ulgoth holds his hand aloft, and bolts of magic shoot from his fingers, towards the Target the Half-Orc attacked. Lodal leveled his hand bow at the goblin but the bolt must have been slighjtly crooked in the chamber,
for it pinged off the door.
Jax moves forwards axe in hand around the table straight for the great big fiend. (Ending at
Q-11) With a howel of rage and violence that sounds almost as if it came from the throat of a great cat instead of a
Mintaur the axe swings with blurring speed several times as his eyes take on an almost cat like yellow and vertically slit look.
Dorgul, thrown slightly off balance from his first missed attack, recovers with some quick
footwork and tears into the goblin's leg with a mighty slash from his greatsword. "Help out the minotaur!" Dorgul yells to the others
Ulgoth takes a single step into the room, and launches a Bright Lance of Energy from
his holy Symbol, but it is off on the aim from his step, and whiizes by the creature's head uslessly
The goblin farthest away, by the cage, aims his crossbow at Dorgul and fires But the bolt lands short and pings off the dull black metal of the iron maiden
: The goblin near the fiend fires his bolt at the minotaur the feather from teh bolt appears to grow out of Jax's torso and blood begins to glisten on the
minotaur the third crossbow fires a shot at Ulgoth, apparently frightened by the stream of fire the creature can control. The bolt punches through the goblins armor "OWWW!" Ulgoth screams, gripping his Shoulder. "ALRIGHT! I was trying to help,
NOW you're all my DINNER!"

illum notices the iron maden and smiles "I always wanted to see one of those in action!" ::he holds
his wand up and fires around his ally towards the spear wielder and lets the wand over power toe boy (always ruin my
fun lol)
: The goblin, now pushed to the iron maiden, grabs a javelin and hurls it at Dorgul which grazes Dorguls arm.
Lodal steps into the room and scuffs a bolt straight into the Fiends chest, knocking him to the ground
[Jayzilla] 10:57 pm: Clad in ugly plate armor, every blreath sends a cloud of steam flying. the demonic thing seems to
be perpetually smouldering underneath his armor. Dorgul grunts. "Perhaps this rift has already opened a bit..." OverusedName] 10:59 pm: "Auntie mentioend that even though it wasn't completley open, some thigns were still slipping out."

misteradam
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
cool!

Jayzilla
09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Here's the battle-in-the-torture-room-map! :)

Jayzilla
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
The fiend, dripping cinders and ash from a few dents in his armor, yells a strangely
coherent battle cry, "By Banz's Skull, I'll smash you grunts!"
      [Jayzilla] 7:02 pm: When he says this and stands, you see his armor glow a deep, harsh red. It seems like
the fiend is burning from the inside out. He grabs a large metal poker from the furnace next to him and the length of the metal
begins to glow with heat almost as soon as he touches it. He swings the poker with seemingly inhuman speed at Jax
Jax carefully swung his axe to deflect the heated metal bar, and shards of molten slag flew in all directions as tah bar slammed into the ground Jax laughs at the fiend as it stands and trys to hit him and is deflected by his new magic armors. "By the Great Ice Bear's claws I will see you buried long before I fall!" With that the minotaur
lets out a mighty roar and unleashes an Avalanch of blows apon the the firey fiend over extending himself a little
and leaving some openings in his defense. (Avalanch strike) Jax's axe slams repeatedly into the fiend, but his burning anger doesn't appear to dampen
[strikereternal] 7:13 pm: (think i should go after the fiend?) As the goblin is knocked back from Illumidan's magic, Dorgul sees his opening and
moves to assist Jax in taking down the big fiery warrior.
Dorgul's expert strike somehow deflects off the fiends armor as though magic was involved, and the blow fails to do more than annoy the fiend, encased as he is in heavy armor, but he does position himself to keep the fiend from attacking Jax.
ulgoth I cast Magic Missle at the Fiend, misses
The goblin crossbowman by the cage continues shooting at Dorgul, the crossbowman in the center of the room, with his sight to Jax blocked by dorgul's
melee with the fiend, shoots instead at lodal. the westernmost goblin with a crossbow continues firing at the goblin that unnaturally
throws fire
Marshams spell strikes in a green blur. The impact of the spell, howeever, seems strangely dampened by some unknown effect. The fiend is somehow resisting incoming damage. It seems like a temporary effect. the goblin warrior sees how the fiend is slowly being swamped by the adventurers, and
moves behind the half-orc, Effectivly flanking Dorgul with his fiend ally.
Lodal blinded teh fiend and tehn knocked him into the firepit. Being a creature of fire, the flames didn't seem to damage him very much, but it certainly
made the creature uncomfortable.
Seeing his monsterous quary fall in the pit the Minntaur Jax shifts his attention to
others that require the buisness end of his axe. His hands grip the magic Axe's handle tighter as throns seem
to grow along it biting into his hands dripping blood on the ground before he lets out a yell that sounds almost
like the scream of a jungle cat and charges the goblin on the table top swinging at it in a large arc. As the Goblin falls Jax is lifted by his brimming rage and finds himself continuing his forward charge. A second almost feline howl of rage escapes his lips as he seems almost foaming at the
mouth. Almost forgetting his axe JAx lowers his head and gores the Gobling he sees ahead of him. (Goring
Charg, and end on S11)
"Good going, Jax!" Dorgul, once again leaking blood from a crossbow bolt embedded in
his side, kneels and closes his eyes for a moment, focusing his will. Bellowing a fierce war cry, he yanks the
bolt free. That done, he looks down into the fire pit, and seeing the blinded fiend's predicament, moves to
engage one of the goblin crossbowmen. (Second Wind, then move to N11)
The goblin crossbows, disheartened by the sudden weakening of their forces, seem to
visibly cringe. Their big advantage was now trapped and blinded in a firepit, screaming incoherently.
The goblin in the very eastcranked his crossbow hurriedly, and then shot at Jax and his bolt flew true, seemingly sprouting from teh minotaurs shoulder.
the goblin facing Jax's murderous rage, dropped his crossbow and drew a short sword, determined to sell his life dearly. His panicked stikes somehow got through Jax's guard and sunk home, as deeply as the little goblin could. the goblin crossbowman in the western part of the room also dropped his weapon and
drew his short sword in what seemed to be a very practised mvoement He slashed viciously at dorgul. Dorgul laughs as he effortlessly knocks the goblin's shortsword aside with his much heavier blade.
Illumidan continued blasted magic missiles at people... to little effect.
Lodal He waves his left had ans sling a blot of darkfire at the goblin, msises. crossbow doesn't miss
The fiend, blinded and prone, is gripping his eyes and screaming in a foriegn tongue. The
intense heat in the fire pit is slowly melting the thing's armor, embedding him to the pile of coals
Jax lets out a screamof pain as a crossbow bolt hits home, and the goblin that was at
his feet shows some willingness to prove he is almost a worthy opponent. "You show some heart little one, now
I am going to take a close up look at it." The Minotaur takes a deep breath and swings his axe once more,
letting the blood pound in his ears and the rage in his heart give him strength and stamina beyond his normal
prowess. (Recuporating strike)
Dorgul bares his teeth and flashes a wicked grin at the goblin as he slashes for its
chest, but the goblin proves equal to the task, just barely dodging the fearsome weapon and receiving only a
grazing wound.
The goblin by the cage, cranking and loading as fast as he can, fires another bolt at Jax. teh goblin facing jax, after seeing that he could hit the enraged minotaur, stabbed again, trying to slow teh creatures advance and again, he managed to connect. Woudl it be enough to slow the swing of Jax's
ancestral axe? the goblin fighting dorgul continued trying to strike the half orc, although Dorgul was doing an excellent job parrying the goblins strikes.
Dorgul growls as the goblin slips a thrust past his guard. "Alright, I'm done playin' around with you..."
Lodal puts away his handbow and, drawing his sword, moves to n-13 then tumbed to m-12 "I'm here, Dorgul, no need to worry" "I wasn't worrying, but thanks." lodal runs into combat, tumbling around the goblin and sinking his blade into its back.
Suddenly you hear a shreik from teh firepit.. and tehn the fiend's movement stops. A horrible cloud of smoke rises up, stinking of brimstone, scalded steel, and ash. It appears that even a creature of fire can melt.
Jax roars at the Goblin in front of him as his first attack misses, and swings his axe
once more. His eyes almost red with rage, and foaming saliva dripping from his mouth the Barbarian once more
trys the strike that grants him streangth and power once more. (Recuporating strike)
: Dorgul utters a stream of curses as the stunty little bastard manages to dodge yet
another of his attacks. Even with the drow behind him stabbing at his back, he's still getting the better of
Dorgul. (4 damage again -_- ) The daggers of energy fly from my hands toward the fiend beside the cage....
aiming for his chest
After missing twice Jax is near incoherant with rage swinging away at the goblin in
front of him once more with his recupperating strike. The saliva dripping from his mouth has turned to a pink
foam tinged with his blood. "You!" Dorgul swipes at the goblin, who ducks under his blade. "Little!" The goblin
thrusts back, the shortblade clinking harmlessly off his armor. "Bastard!" Dorgul chops at him and he rolls out
of the way in the nick of time once again!
M glares at the fiend shooting at Jax and a massive sphere of red lightning
targets him and his fiendish friend but only seems to effect the shooter.
lodal takes yet another stab at the filthy little soldier, misses. Jax feels emoldened by the power of his little goblin friend, and lets out a
frieghtening roar at his enemy. Growling in hatered at the little goblin that keeps managing to survive he his axe
flashes in a long arc sweeping around him and spraying the blood on it from previous attacks in a wide circle
around him.
Dorgul, unable to get past his opponent's tiny blade, decides to try a different tack.
Sweeping his sword low and in a wide arc, he lashes out at the unsuspecting little greenskin's legs, and is
rewarded with a strike that finally finds its target.In fact, the blade slices clean through the goblin's leg, and he topples, knocked out of
the fight for good. "Good effort, little fellow." Dorgul acknowledges his opponent's skill as he moves to
support Jax.
The crossbow archer, shaken by the power of the magic coming at him , starts moving
toward the middle of the room
      [Jayzilla] 10:17 pm: and shoots and Illumidan Jax's opponent, now tiring, is moving toward a more defensive stance "Shut the door" M yells as the one fiend goes into the Iron Maiden.
Lodal runs over to the iron maiden and slams the door shut, as he runs he sheaths his sword
and pulls out/laods ther bow You hear a scwelching noise and a muffled cry. blood runs freely from holes on teh side
of the device and mixes with Jax's
As yet another stirke misses the rage and anger buliding in Jax hits a breaking
point. For an instant while lost in the amelstrom of anger he reaches an almost caml platue that sudgests to
him what he needs is a change of perspective. Moving with speed one might not expect from a creature his size
he shifts behind the Goblin so that it stands between him and the half Ork while the thorns growing along his
axe handel bite deeper into his palms staining the wood with his blood.
As the last goblin goes down the Minotaur lets loose a roar of triumph that leaves
ears ringing and shakes loose dust from the walls.
[Pieh] 10:35 pm: OK, first make sure fiendy Mc Steam pants is really dead
      [Jayzilla] 10:35 pm: You hear a quiet shout from the cell block to the west. "So. Who won?"
lodal starts searching the room, dorgul takes a 5 minute rest, jax opens the door to the cell
After being freed
A rather beaten, bloodied and ratty head pokes out of the door and then meanders out
with a slight limp. "Okay. Where's that amature idiot leader of these sorry excuses for goblins?" She looks
around the room, nodding at the damage. "My stuff must be in here somewhere..." and she starts wading
through the refuse.
Jax says from where he is laying on the table in the middle of the room, "Dead, the
lot of them. We threw the big on in the pit...pitty that....I kinda wanted his head to hamg from my belt." She looks up at the Minotaur laying on the table, "I'm Ravina. Thanks for opening my cell." Ravina is about 5'9", lithe like most elves (drow or otherwise) and looks like she's been
through the ringer and rather disgusted about her state of filth. Oh, and she looks like she's just barely keeping
control of a rather profound temper, but since the people she'd like to kill are already dead....
Lodal tinkers with the intricate lock, at first miffed by its complexity
Ravina goes to stand over Pieh and watch what he's doing. "Don't break that lock. I
think that's where they stashed my gear."
      [Jayzilla] 10:53 pm: after pondering the construction, he manages to pop it open
[Pieh] 10:53 pm: "Hmm? I'm too good to- Who the hell are- He looks up with fear in his eyes."
       [Lyranis] 10:54 pm: She turns to look at the Minotaur again. "Psh, they were amatures. I've been tortured
worse for fun by my own family." She shrug and tries to straighter out her rumpled clothing. "I'd just like a good
bath..."
[strikereternal] 10:54 pm: "Dorgul." A grizzled old half-orc, carrying himself like one who has experienced war
and bearing the scars to prove it, nods at the newcomer. On him are the accoutrements of battle -- a
greatsword and finely made scale armor -- both streaked with fresh blood. He grins. "How'd you end up in this
place?"
      [Jayzilla] 10:53 pm: after pondering the construction, he manages to pop it open
      [Jayzilla] 10:54 pm: It's a small container, but somehow when you put your hand in, it seems to be able to
hold a large quantity of items Ravina looks at Dorgul, "Sheer bad luck on my part. Good on theirs I suppose."
The first thing you touch is a set of shimmering chainmail
[Pieh] 10:55 pm: He shakes the fear away, this female drow is nothing like his mistresses past, "Your gear?
This is my loot."Her attention is rivited to the safe again and the other Drow. "The Hell it is!" Her temper
is about to burst and she looks like she's itching to hit something. "Look I just want my stuff. You can have
everything else."
      [Jayzilla] 10:56 pm: followed by a well made longsword follwed quickly by a slightly damaged drum Pieh] 10:58 pm: "A drum, what the hell?"Ravina snatches the drum, "At leas they didn't ruin it completely."
"Are these yours?" He holds up the chaimmail and sword "Whoa whoa, i can sell this stuff."[Pieh] 10:59 pm: "Thaty chainmail is bound to be at least a thousand gold" strikereternal] 10:59 pm: "Lodal, let her have her things."
[Pieh] 10:59 pm: "The drum, maybe a few silver, but still, I found it!"
[Pieh] 11:00 pm: "Listen, Dorgul, you dont know drow women,"
       [Lyranis] 11:00 pm: "You can sell anything that isn't mine." She remains firm on that and goes to snatch
the chainmail too. "Don't you have any honor at all?" she glares at the Drow and gives a sweet smile to Dorgul.
[strikereternal] 11:00 pm: "I don't see what that has to do with anything," to Lodal
Pieh] 11:01 pm: "They're pure evil, she would kill me for this stuff if i was the only one here,."
       [Lyranis] 11:01 pm: "Oh, Drow women is it? Took me 3 years to get out of that hell hole they call the
underdark only to be snatched by these stupid... things!" MarshamSane aims his wand at the lady, "I agree with lodal."
       [Lyranis] 11:02 pm: Ravina looks like she'd like to hit him, but doesn't look even close to killing anyone,
aside from the dead bodies that is.
[Pieh] 11:02 pm: "Why's you want to escape? Drow women have it pretty good where i can from."
[strikereternal] 11:02 pm: "If you fled the underdark you can't be all bad." Dorgul shrugs. She eyes the drow, "Maybe where you came from. I was slotted for a sacrifice to Lolth, were you?"[strikereternal] 11:02 pm: He glares at Illumidan. "Put the wand down. We aren't going to draw weapons." A hand moves to his sword, just in case.

--- Merged from Double Post ---
Pieh] 11:03 pm: "That is a great honor, you should have accepted it."
    [MarshamSane] 11:03 pm: "so now we're against stealing when the person is in front of our eyes?"
       [Lyranis] 11:03 pm: Ravina smirks. "Apparently I wasn't mean enough and didn't deserve to live because I
refused to torment the less (lost the word)."
       [Lyranis] 11:04 pm: Fortunate [Pieh] 11:04 pm: "You seem pretty damn mean to me." strikereternal] 11:04 pm: "What the hell are you talking about?" to Illumidan [Lyranis] 11:04 pm: Ravina scowls at the male drow. "Oh. So you think I should have just rolled over and let
them kill me in the most painful humiliating way possible?  [MarshamSane] 11:04 pm: "you don't know? some of our jucies items were stolen, frien  [MarshamSane] 11:05 pm: **juciest
"You think death by sacrifice is humiliating? If you were born male youd have had it far worse." Pieh] 11:06 pm: "Living for the women's pleasure, their sickening pleasure, the things they get off on turn my stomach." MarshamSane] 11:06 pm: "don't forget that you're a cutpurse at heart lodal. though its one of your best
qualities in my opinion." Ravina shrugs at the other drow. "At least you weren't in danger of dying painfully. From
the state of the males where I came from, I'd rather be one of them." She rolls her eyes at the male drow. "I
see.. aristocracy? Well. I'm not. I was branded to be a priestess and Lolth makes me sick."
strikereternal] 11:07 pm: "By the gods, I'm enlisted in a band of bloody thieves." MarshamSane] 11:07 pm: "yeah. most definitely." Dorgul looks at Illumidan incredulously, and then starts to laugh. Lyr "I'm sorry if I don't take pleasure in causing pain and death to others. Or in using
others."
[Pieh] 11:08 pm: "Well, fine, take your crap and get out of here. Let me find your crossbow, i would hate to hold
you up."
    [MarshamSane] 11:09 pm: "mam, if compasion is your sole redeeming feature, it might be better if you leave
adventuring behind..."
Pieh continues searching
MarshamSane lowers the wand and helps lodal search
[strikereternal] 11:09 pm: "I see your point, but there's no need to rob her at wandpoint."
    [MarshamSane] 11:10 pm: "I did worse to join this mery band, friend"
      [Jayzilla] 11:10 pm: Then next object you find in the odd safe is a small striped bag that jingles
[Pieh] 11:10 pm: "Theres a shiny longsword here, if any wants to use it. Otherwise it's going to the market when
we get out of here." arshamSane] 11:10 pm: "I can't really use swords that well..."
[Pieh] 11:10 pm: jingles like money?
       [Lyranis] 11:10 pm: Ravina shrugs into her chain mail and looks closely at her drum. "At least they didn't
ruin it. I don't know what I'd do without my music. I think I'd rather die first." she looks at the male drow. "Oh, I'll
leave all right, after I go dig up that bunch of gold I saw that bastard fiend bury."
[strikereternal] 11:10 pm: "A longsword? Bah... I prefer a heavier weapon."
[General Chatter]: RagetoEmpire has entered at 11:10 pm
[Pieh] 11:11 pm: "Oh? Bunch of gold?"
[Pieh] 11:11 pm: "And where might he have buried that... maam?" 12 pm: Ravina puts a hand on her hip, "Thats what I said. And wouldn't you like to know? Why
should I share what I suffered for with an honorless theif like you."
[General Chatter]: PURE_GoNzO13 has entered at 11:12 pm
    [MarshamSane] 11:12 pm: "because we killd the things that put you in here and might just do worse to you if
provoked"
       [Lyranis] 11:12 pm: "I'm no princess. I'm a Bard."
Pieh looks in the jignly bag
[Pieh] 11:12 pm: *jingly MarshamSane] 11:13 pm: "and for casprina the friendly elf you seem kinda...ungreatful"
       [Lyranis] 11:13 pm: she turns to look at (whoever Marsh is) and shakes her head. "Oh no you didn't. these
were just the underlings. Not even difficult to tell you the truth."
      [Jayzilla] 11:13 pm: the bag has a bunch of little platinum statues in it
    [MarshamSane] 11:14 pm: "glad to hear you say that safe from your cage"
[Pieh] 11:14 pm: "A Bard?" Lodal laughs. "No wonder they wanted to kill you, I bet youre music is horrible."
[Pieh] 11:15 pm: Lodal pockets the bag os statues and ddigs deeper She smirks at Marsh. "I would have loved to help you. In fact, I'd even help you take out
the big baddie just to keep other innocents out of his hands."[Pieh] 11:16 pm: "Big baddie? It's just a punk kid whos in over his head," you come up with a handful of dusty coins
      [Jayzilla] 11:16 pm: made of copper.. but obviously very old
       [Lyranis] 11:17 pm: She eyes Lodal, "That's what you think is it? You don't know this bastard. What I
suffered from him is nothing to what your own people put you through. Look, I'll give you the gold if you'll just let
me come with you and get a little justice from that bastard." Pieh] 11:17 pm: "What can you do?" Ravina laughs. "Don't you know what a Bard is?"
[Pieh] 11:18 pm: "A travling musicial?" Lodal pockets the coins as well
She shakes her head. "No. For lack of a better explaination, what I can do for you
would have made it twice as easy to take these guys out than it did."
       [Lyranis] 11:20 pm: "Besides. I know some of the legends of this place. I just didn't know I was that close
to it when I got jumped."
[Pieh] 11:20 pm: "Yeah, you make a lot of noise and it's suppose to help us. I dont think so, we like it quiet."
[Pieh] 11:21 pm: He draws his short sword, "You know what this is?"
[Pieh] 11:21 pm: It's glowing light illuminating his fface
"Noise? Hardly." She shrugs. "A glowy sword. Very pretty. I'm sure it's very special.
About as special as my crossbow no doubt." She taps her drum in a complicated pattern and sings a soft song
then runs across the room... There's not a sound as she moves across the room. "OK, safe's empty, no crossbow," pieh
She leans against the wall. "That's alright, I think I know where the crossbow is. There's
a hidden room back there." She waves in the correct direction, "Did I mention there's a spirit of a Paladin here?"
[Pieh] 11:28 pm: "Youre crazy, I'm gonna rest now" Jax asks, "Is it a good ghost or one we are gonna have to put down?" She shrugs, "Suit yourself." she mvoes back down the hallway where her cell was and takes a look at the area across froom her cell. "He's a good ghost. I know his True name and I think I could get him to tell me the secrets of this place." Jax nods, "THen please, ask him. The spirits have guided us this far, another to
point the way to our next destination would be a good thing."
the sword has dwarven runes on teh side, and teh very tip is slightly serrated
       [Lyranis] 11:32 pm: She looks back at Jax, "Surely. Anything to aid in ridding the world of this evil. Legends
say he's sealed somewhere in the keep. I'm not sure where tho. Can someone help me out there? There's a door
here somewhere. It's where the fiend kept his special stuff. And most of the gold." "I'll find it later" Lodal calls out
[Pieh] 11:33 pm: "Just give me a moment."She nods, "Sure." But continues to poke around mumbling to herself.
Ravina steps down on what she thinks is a foot panel. "Lesse here..."
       [Lyranis] 11:36 pm: (panel, pedal)
      [Jayzilla] 11:37 pm: stepping on it, the wall seems to shift backward an ich, and then grinds open, revealing
a small cubby of a room, with only enough room for a chest and a strange looking bed: more ofa cocoon amde
of some strange type of silk. lodal gets up as he hears the door open.
Inside the chest is a hefty sack of gold with a few gems inside
      [Jayzilla] 11:40 pm: next to the sack of gold is an artisically rendered crossbow
      [Jayzilla] 11:40 pm: along with a quiver full of bolts
Pieh clears his throat at the sight of the sack of gold
       [Lyranis] 11:41 pm: "Now where is my crossbow?" She starts tossing things out of the chest, completely
ignoring the gold and then sighs, "Ah, my baby." She takes the crossbow and the bolts and leaves the rest to
Lodal, really not caring much what else is in there.
    [kitsune1842] 11:41 pm: Jax watches the cocoon to make sure nothing decides to crawl out of it
Pieh greedily scoops up the sack. "This will guy us some nice gear, guys"
      [Jayzilla] 11:42 pm: Jax notices some ash left on teh cloth, and realizes taht it's probably fire-retardant
Pieh] 11:42 pm: "I cant wait to get out of here and go shopping again."
      [Jayzilla] 11:43 pm: (lol you and me both)
      [Jayzilla] 11:43 pm: there's around 1500 gold peices inside and at least 3 gems
       [Lyranis] 11:43 pm: Ravina raises her brow at Lodal. "You're worse than a woman. Shopping?!"
      [Jayzilla] 11:43 pm: it's quite a haul. Pieh] 11:43 pm: "I like to keep my friend's well outiftted" kitsune1842] 11:44 pm: "And he is better iwth the money than I am" I say we destroy the cocoon, dont want to risk it hatching flame spiders or anything. Rav chuckles. "I don't think it's a nest. I think that's where the sucker slept." Jax nods in sudden realization, but he continues to watch the cocoon thing, wants to be sure he does not have to worry about fire spiders or anything

Pieh
10-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Good game tonight.

Jayzilla
10-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Ravina just stares at Jax, "Why are you doing that? That could be useful."
[Pieh] 7:01 pm: "Ulgoth, my favorite goblin, may i speak to you aside for a moment?""Of course."
      [OverusedName] 7:01 pm: Ulgoth says, stepping near to him.
Pieh leads ulgoth away and shows him the rings "what do you make of this?"
[Pieh] 7:02 pm: *Ring
    [kitsune1842] 7:02 pm: Jax looks over Ravina, "And it could well be a danger. Beter a destroyed lot of
threads than a danger we leave at our flank." Ravina shrugs, "Up to you. I was gonna take it with me, but, whatever."
Dorgul stands with his sword in the ready position. After a brief warmup, he practices
his swordplay, unleashing a frantic series of strikes against an imaginary opponent. The careful observer will
note some new motions incorporated into his deadly dance, and what's more, there is a certain quality of --
precision? sharpness? -- to his strikes that was not so apparent before.
Ravina hikes her backpack, which was sitting outside her cell, onto her shoulders and
places her crossbow on her belt. "I can't tell anything about this ring. I have been in a horrible slump lately, if you
have not noticed, and can not tell you more then it is Magical." "You think it's cursed, or safe to wear?"pieh : "It should be okay to wear, but it is hard to tell." Pieh slips the ring onto his pinky finger "maybe itll bring me good luck"
      [Jayzilla] 7:14 pm: When you put the ring on, your pack feels a bit lighter and your legs seem a bit more swift.
And so the adventurers finished their searching of the room, and could shoose only
between opening the mysterious door in the Fiends' lair, or going back to area 2
Ravina looks at the door. "Think we should try this?"
    [kitsune1842] 7:19 pm: Jax makes sure the fiends bed is good and destroyed. "THere, now....what is this
extra door? Let us see what lies behind it we can destroy."
[Pieh] 7:20 pm: Ulgoth and Lodal rejoin the group, Lodal looks to be lighter on his feet that usual, "Go ahead,
open it, see what happens."
The door slides open on its disguised track totally sinlently under Ravinica's hand. the room the party looks in on appears to be the supply room in area 2 and crouched next to the door in square h6       [Jayzilla] 7:24 pm: is a graceful, almost feline being, peering through the crack in teh door
Ravina sticks her head in the door and does a double take. "Aurora?" Aurora noticed the door cracking...she knew that that voice sounded familair. she lowered
her chain "Ravina? Is that really you?" she got more calm and relaxed. Ravina steps in all the way, "But, I thought you were all dead..." she blinks a few more
times. "How'd you get down here? An yes, It's me." Aurora wasnt wearing much armor, she was just in a shirt, a vest, and some pants, all torn
up and stuff "well i thought you were dead too, they kinda split up in half when they attacked... i have been
scouting around the area alot.. hoping i could find what we came here for... or anyone else..."she grins and steps
towards her" im happy to see you. strikereternal] 7:31 pm: "What's this about, Ravina?"
[Pieh] 7:31 pm: Lodal sighs "Have we picked up another useless creature?" Ulgoth smiles. "At least they look nice." Pieh] 7:32 pm: "Looks can be decieving, Ulgoth"
[strikereternal] 7:32 pm: Dorgul grins a bit at Lodal's comment, resisting the urge to make a snide remark.
      [OverusedName] 7:33 pm: "Thats why I said Look, instead of Are." Ravina gives Ulgoth a slight smile. "Thanks. I think." She shrugs, "Anyhow, Aurora must
have somehow gotten away when I got knocked out and then I woke up here and no one else was here and I
thought they were all dead."
[istoaufrien] 7:33 pm: takes her hand, "So these are the folks who got you out huh?" notices the odd asortment
"Well odd group.."Glares at the male drow a bit "ugh one of them?" Dorgul scoffs. "Who you calling odd, catwoman?"
      [OverusedName] 7:34 pm: "I think she means you Ladel." "By Lolth's unholy web, what the hell is that suppose to mean?"
       [Lyranis] 7:34 pm: Ravina shrugs at Aurora, "Yeah. A real piece of work too. Seems to think I'm going to try
and eat him or something." She chuckles at Dorgul, "Pot calling the kettle black, eh?" :
ulgoth "Ladies, Please, I am the only one who engages in Canabalism around here,
which reminds me, the Goblin meat will go bad if we leave it out too long." growls a bit at Dorgul "dont call me catwoman." she bursts into a little laugh" Well i
wouldnt put it past you. Pieh] 7:36 pm: "Guys, let's get out of here, we will have to explore the east passage."
       [Lyranis] 7:36 pm: Ravina actually cracks up laughing when Ulgoth speaks about the dead goblins, "At last.
Someone with a sense of humor. Where you been all my life little man?"
strikereternal] 7:36 pm: "Don't call me odd." He sends a look of disgust Ulgoth's way after his comment, then is
back to sizing up this new... companion?
      [OverusedName] 7:37 pm: "In a Cage eating the dead corpses of Humans and Goblins my tribe decided to
give me."
    [kitsune1842] 7:37 pm: Jax snorts a little at the comment about the new people looking nice, "Nice? They
look breakable."
[istoaufrien] 7:37 pm: she shakes her head " if you do you will run into more of them goblins, their stronghold is
back that way" hikes her thumb over her sholder, towards the east" ulgoth "Everything is breakable to you Jax."
       [Lyranis] 7:37 pm: Ravina snickers at Jax and nods at Ulgoth, "Good answer. So, who's leading this circus
anyhow?"OverusedName] 7:38 pm: "Ladel, usually."
[strikereternal] 7:38 pm: Dorgul laughs at Ravina's question. "Nobody, as far as I can see."
Jax looks at Lodal as they are asked who is leading them. Sure he will lead a charge,
but he knows enough to know that even a great cheif is not the one in charge, just the one that gives orders.
The person in charge is the one that does the thinking.
[istoaufrien] 7:39 pm: "If you dont want to mess with more of them, there is another way around i think?" She
points to the room they just came out of" there is another path leading to some undead, im suprised you cant
smell them
       [Lyranis] 7:39 pm: Ravina nods, "So, which one is Ladel?" "That would be me, Lodal." strikereternal] 7:40 pm: "Don't mind him, he's not the best with names" Pieh] 7:40 pm: "My Men respect my skills, and graciously allow me to guide them."
Ravina sighs, "Well, lead on then, good sir." She makes a flourish with her hand then
looks at Aurora, "I thought I smelled something rotten, but the fiend was smelly enough anyhow."
[strikereternal] 7:40 pm: Dorgul barely manages to hold back a fit of laughter.
      [OverusedName] 7:40 pm: "That would be me. Too long in a cage does that to people."
[strikereternal] 7:41 pm: "Ah, that's rich, my friend." Pieh] 7:41 pm: "Can we just lock them back up and leave them? I'm sure some other band of heroes will come by and save them." OverusedName] 7:42 pm: "They are nice to look at, and they don't smell as bad as I do, why would you
want to lock them up again?"
Pieh] 7:42 pm: "They. Annoy. Me."
[istoaufrien] 7:42 pm: Aurora tries to hold back alaugh as well " well if you feel like more goblin killin, then go
ahead. Im telling you, the other way may be safer you male drow. If you keep going your gonna hit the goblin
base
      [OverusedName] 7:42 pm: "And I don't?"
[Pieh] 7:42 pm: "Not as much as.. females..."
       [Lyranis] 7:42 pm: Ravina narrows her eyes at Lodal. "I wouldn't try that if I were you. Leader or not, I'm
going going nicely back into a cage. One of those goblins gof off a lucky shot and knocked me out otherwise I
wouldn't have been here." She smiles at Ulgoth again. "You are a sweet one, aren't you."Pieh] 7:43 pm: "Let's go guys,Let's see if we can convine the goblins to leave."  [OverusedName] 7:43 pm: "I am more, unwilling to not accept help where it is offered. Plus, if you live in a
cage for a long time, you end up wanting to see something of the oppisite sex, even if it isn't the same race."
Ulgoth says.Pieh] 7:44 pm: "We have killed their torturer, youre brethren can go free, Ulg"
       [Lyranis] 7:44 pm: (where the heck is marshmallow)
      [OverusedName] 7:44 pm: "Not without getting rid of their leader. He is the one causing the problems."
[strikereternal] 7:44 pm: Dorgul nods in agreement with Ulgoth. Perhaps this goblin had a lick of sense about
him after all.[strikereternal] 7:44 pm: "Balg-what's it." "Something or other"
      [OverusedName] 7:45 pm: "He has lead the goblins here from their caves, and they probably won't leave
unless Balgron is a bloody pile of giblets on the end of Jax's Axe."
       [Lyranis] 7:45 pm: (would I know that name, Jay?)
      [Jayzilla] 7:45 pm: (yeah you've heard the goblins mention it)
[istoaufrien] 7:45 pm: "I dont think its gonna be that easy. They are pretty well fortified that way. I figured from
what our little goblin friend seems like, it would be easier to blast the undead away, i know there is a way
      [Jayzilla] 7:45 pm: (the gems he hands out are the reason teh goblins follow him)
[Pieh] 7:45 pm: "Fine, we need to hunt adn kill Balgoon"
       [Lyranis] 7:45 pm: Ravina growls, "Balgron must die. So, decide mr leader man. Which way we goin?"
strikereternal] 7:46 pm: "Not to mention, there's still this business of the cult to deal with. Or do you forget so easily the reason the witch sent us here in the first place?" Dorgul asks, addressing lodal
      [OverusedName] 7:46 pm: "If we cut off the source of the gems, they will be less likely to stay here after he
dies." Pieh] 7:46 pm: "You are very wise, my goblin friend." OverusedName] 7:46 pm: "Dewgong, when you are having to take down a building's roof, do you
immediately rip it off? No, you take it apart piece by piece. We take down the Goblins, that will
weaken the Cult." [Pieh] 7:47 pm: "Dorgul, heed Ulgoth's words. He seems to be thinking more clearly than I at the moment." strikereternal] 7:48 pm: "You misunderstand me, Lodal seemed eager to leave, and shop or some such
nonsense." strikereternal] 7:49 pm: "Ulgoth's plan is sound."
she shrugs and stands aside "well mr drow, go ahead then, ill let you go. Ill cover you..
your gonna need it. I guess you dont really care about the sneaky way around" she leans up agaisnt the wall
[Pieh] 7:48 pm: "I am agitated by the newcomers, I wish to be rid of them."
       [Lyranis] 7:48 pm: Ravina shrugs, "So, we followin the Ulgoth now then? I don't care who leads as long as
we start going somewhere." She looks aroudn the store room, "There anything useful in here anyhow?"
       [Lyranis] 7:48 pm: (I'ma search aroudn the room)
[Pieh] 7:49 pm: "Sneaky is good, Feline. Show us the way."
The many boxes scattered around the room contain enough food for an army of goblins to
last for a good length of time, but it is barely edible
       [Lyranis] 7:54 pm: (so I find anything?)
      [Jayzilla] 7:54 pm: and you find nothing of value after a quick check. Ravina scowls at the room. "Just more garbage. So which direction are we going then?
And WHO am I following?"
      [Jayzilla] 7:56 pm: (no one else wants to roll? the last room like this had that valuable dwarven whisky)
[Pieh] 7:56 pm: "Your cat friend seems to know a secret entrance, she will lead the way."
[strikereternal] 7:56 pm: "If it wasn't apparent, we don't have a damned leader."
      [OverusedName] 7:56 pm: "We follow whoever seems to be in the best posistion to lead. if Ladel can lead
better, we listen to him, if I need to, it would be me." "And under no circumstances do we listen to me." Dorgul chuckles at his own joke.
Aurora smiles" i just know its this way" points east " i dont know where the door is, but its
somewhere that way.
[Pieh] 7:57 pm: (maybe i can win your respect with my skills)
      [Jayzilla] 7:57 pm: Lodal searches around a bit and finds a box containing three elegantly crafted glass
bottles, apparantly filled with red wine
Ravina chuckles at Dorgul. "Just along for the ride, eh?" she waves, "I'll go last if no one
minds... I'm more useful at the rear." "Not so much that, it's just that no one ever listens." dorgul Sarcasm, y'see."
Aurora smiles "well just keep an eye out for what looks to be a secert door. and be queit!
there may be other folks around" Jax sighs, "This bores me, if no one else will choose I will. Follow me we will slice
through the undead and take down the one that leads the goblins."
After searching the area around the entryway, you find nothing indicative of a secret
passageway. Repeated searching still turns up nothing, although your heart jumps when you
accidentally dislodge one of the stones used in the wall. After an invasive and planned search, Isto comes to the conclusion that the secret
entrance is not in this room.
Before the party went east, Lodal wanted tehm to check the door where the goblin guards
had been quartered he swung the door open, and immediately saw a set of stairs decending into the gloom with no lights and a damp, earthy, dead smell.
Ok as you go east, you go through a door and then down a short set of stairs. Ok, at the bottom of the stairs, Lodal feels a slight draft. "Stop," He says quietly "I sense a door"
[Pieh] 8:26 pm: "Search for the trigger" Dorgul puts a finger to his lips and looks at each of the others in turn, hoping they get
the message. Jax stops quietly behind Ravina, though large as can be he is at least good on his feet
and understands the nature of stealth even if he hardly ever uses it.
      [Jayzilla] 8:29 pm: The seam where the door must be is rather obvious when pointed out, but it's still a well
made door. You don't think you'd have found it without the earlier tip after feeling around on the wall, strikers accidentally pushes in the stone that held teh
doors catch and the door slid open silently
Pieh] 8:30 pm: "Good work, whoever did that."
      [Jayzilla] 8:31 pm: inside you see only a 10foot wide hallway that leads to a few stairs and then another,
closed door
[strikereternal] 8:31 pm: Astonished, Dorgul looks at the stone for a moment, then at the door, then shrugs and
quietly unsheathes his greatsword. Ravina detatches her crossbow from her belt and holds it ready, tho not loaded, no
sense risking accidental shootings. the party slowly advances through the hallway. Aurora pulls out her chains and tightens a bit around her wrist to she can strike when ready Jax slowly closes the door behind him to cover the groups tracks The other door had a large stylized platinum dragon engraved next to it.
over, "The Tail of the Dragon is a handle." Ravina speaks quiety, "And you're sure it's not an actual dragon?" OverusedName] 8:40 pm: "The door is begging to be opened Ladel, you should open it." Lodal very carefully moved to the handle. The party grumbled as they were stuck in a rather small space. Pieh] 8:43 pm: "You want to pull that, Dorgul?" "If you're not going to do your job.." Dorgul shrugs and slowly opens the door My job? Since when is it My job to rull on random objects without know what they do?" And so the door swung open silently. The party immediatly noticed a huge tapestry of the
same platinum dragon hanging from teh ceiling. "My job? Since when is it My job to rull on random objects without know what they do?" It appeared that they were in a small room 40feet by 10, with a bed
[strikereternal] 8:45 pm: "Aye, that's your job description"
      [Jayzilla] 8:45 pm: on the bed was a loudly snoring very fat goblin. A chest lay at the foot of the bed
      [OverusedName] 8:46 pm: "That must be whats his face." "Shush"
    [kitsune1842] 8:46 pm: Jax says very quietly, "Are you going to argue till it wakes up or are we going to do
something about the fat goblin?" "Ladel, go cut its head off, you are the quiestest. and bring the head back, we
might need it later." Ulgoth Whispers
[istoaufrien] 8:47 pm: Aurora files out "Well ill be danged... these goblins wouldnt worship this dragon would
they? that doesnt make any sence"she whispers to herself a little outloud) Pieh takes out him menelothian shortsword
      [Jayzilla] 8:47 pm: (the goblin is helpless and so a "This place is a Menelothian ruin" Dorgul whispers to Aurora "guard the exists, this might get load, I'm going to torture him for info"
[strikereternal] 8:48 pm: "Wait. Shouldn't we interrogate him? If this is the leader?" Ulgoth shakes his head at Ladel as the Drow begins his plan Lodal softly stepped into the room. As he did, he noticed that there were no walls behind
the tapestries and he could very well be in a larger room
[Pieh] 8:49 pm: "hmm." "New plan," he whispers "check behind tyhe tapestries" Ravina takes aim at the fat goblin and waits until she needs to actually shoot.
Aurora goes and checks a tapestrie
Pieh makes sure there are no weapons near the goblin There's a crossbow and a club sitting on a shelf above the goblins head Dorgul waits by the door, not wanting to risk detection in his cumbersome armor.
      [Jayzilla] 8:52 pm: Aurora careful tips the edge of a tapestry and see the large room
      [Jayzilla] 8:53 pm: and the location of the secret door is t-16
      [Jayzilla] 8:53 pm: there's a fat goblin sleeping on the bed and a guard near him on the other side of the
tapestry at square R-11
the guard is sitting on the edge of a bed, and seems rather unalert
       [Lyranis] 8:54 pm: (Can I shoot at the guard?)
[Pieh] 8:54 pm: Lodal steps next to the bed and takes the weapons off the shelf
      [Jayzilla] 8:55 pm: the smaller fat goblin is on the bed at square q-10. you could only shoot the guard if you
went next to a tapestry and pushed it aside.
Jax prepairs an action for if the Fat Goblin's eyes open knowing he will be the first
thing it sees. "Jax, he has no weapons and we dont want to kill him outiright. Your effort would be better
served beyond the curtain." Jax shook his head quietly, pointing at the goblin
pieh
illumidan
striker
ist
lyr
over
sleeper
Balgron
Kit
Guard
Lodal presses one of the small daggers into the side of the goblin's fat neck until he wakes up.then smiles and says "shhh"
      [Jayzilla] 9:12 pm: the goblin awakens with a squak and you see fear in his eyes. "Youre going to tell us aaall about this place, Balgron. If you want to live, that is" Jax Looms over the fat Goblin and Lodal holding the very large shiney axe and just holds a finger to his mouth in the most intimidating way possible.
Aurora mutters something along the lines of "your gonn die goblin boy" (using the oath of emnity power...)
Ravina fires and misses as she's distracted and curses quietly, the arrow thuds into the headboard of the bed the goblin is sitting on.
Pieh] 9:37 pm: "My friend's are dealing with your guards, please wait a moment while I help them, the minotaur
will keep you company." The goblin glups and nods. Lodal steps away,taking the dagger with him. He moves into Ravina' sqaure (still prone?) and
moves aside the curtains to shoot
[Pieh] 9:38 pm: he draws his bow and pts away the dagger on the wy there. "This doesn't mean i like you," he whispers down at her Ravina whispers back, "Noted."
Lodal's shot for the goblin's face took a l;arge chunk out of his head near the forehead. with Aurora pulling the tapestry aside, Dorgul sights a goblin guard and quickly moves into action. Raising his greatsword, he charges into the room, and, catching the goblin unawares, quickly feints high
and then brings his blade downward to slice into the goblin's right knee, cutting through flesh and bone.
Aurora seems to walk through the curtains and besides teh gobby, chains whipping around her head. After one mighty whip she hits the bed, tearing some sheets, the other shot came back and went behind her. Ravina shoots again and this time the arrow thuds solidly in the gobbers arm, she
curses again because that shot wasn't good enough for her.
Ulgoth stands still as teh group moves, still unconvinced that it is the right thing
to do to attack such creatures, before slapping himself. "Why in the name of Sacred Ioun am I being so
unconvinced? I was never like this before. This is so stupid." He says, before rushing towards the curtain I step to the curtain, in the nice warm folds of it, if at all possible, and shoot my Lance of Faith, but I close my eyes and hop on one foot whiel I do so, hoping to make it a million to one chance of hitting and thus hit because all million to one chances hit. and he misses. "Next time, someone needs to hit me in the groin while I cast my spell."
The Bolt sears past the Guard's head, leaving Ulgoth hopping on one foot and
looking like a moron. "IOUN. WHY DO YOU FORSAKE YOUR...NOT QUITE AS LOYAL AS SOME,
SEVRVENT!?"
[General Chatter]: Chris Sims has entered at 10:10 pm
      [Jayzilla] 10:10 pm: Balgron whimpers on the bed, a truly pitiful sight as liquid seeps out onto his grimy face.
    [kitsune1842] 10:11 pm: Jax stays where he is standing over the Fat Goblin and licks the very long edge of
his massive Axe. As he does so he carefully watches the Goblin giving him a look as if he were saying, go
ahead and move I want to see if I can cut off one of your arms with only one swing.
The guard finally turns to see his attackers
      [Jayzilla] 10:15 pm: with a surprised look on his face, he knows there's no way he'll survive the many foes
that are attacking him
      [Jayzilla] 10:16 pm: He tries to flee to the exit (which is the heavy double doors to the west. isto and dorgul both respond with lightning reflezxes, striking at the opening left. Dorgul takes a quick step back as the goblin turns to flee, and then lunges forward
with a downward chop, taking the goblin in the back and leaving him crumpled in a heap next to the half-orc's
feet. the goblins dying scream is uncomfortably loud.
Lodal quickly loads his bow and pulls the curtain aside[Pieh] 10:23 pm: He takes a shot of the awakened goblin. Lodals bolt hits the bedpost
Marsham steps forward into the room. "Well, it seems like this situation is well-handled
already. I'll watch the door." The unfortunate goblin has barely awakened when a blade longer than the goblin is tall
cleaves right through his flimsy cleaver and into his neck, silencing him with a soft gurgle and dampening the
ragged sheets that cover the bed.
"Tell them, youre fine and they need to go away" Lodal grows at the fat goblin. Jax shows his teeth, or possibly grins, at the Fat Goblin noding as Pieh tells him what to say. [Pieh] 10:34 pm: "Anything else, and you lose a leg."
[strikereternal] 10:34 pm: This done, Dorgul turns to face the door, steeling himself for more foes.
      [Jayzilla] 10:35 pm: With a very pained look, the goblin stands and calls out to his follower. "Oh, I'm fine,
thanks." He clears his throat. "Don't worry about me." Lodal listens for a reply The shaking of the doors stops, and one of the goblin (or goblins) on the other side say, "Ah... ok."
"Now," Lodal says as he walks back over to the goblin "are you ready to talk? Or do I need to
take the knife out again?"
[istoaufrien] 10:37 pm: Aurora looks at Lodal and points to teh hidden entraced we used... also loooking at the
fat goblin, trying to tell him we should take it back with us to interigate maybe
       [Lyranis] 10:37 pm: (that'd be Marsh LOL)
Jayzilla starts rolling some dice: (1d20+5)
Jayzilla -> 1d20 (18)+ 5 (5) = 23
      [Jayzilla] 10:38 pm: Marsh whispers, "Hmm, they bought it for now but i think they suspect something."
[strikereternal] 10:38 pm: Dorgul shakes his head at Aurora.
      [Jayzilla] 10:38 pm: "We should probably ske'daddle."
      [Jayzilla] 10:39 pm: Balgron turns and looks at lodal. "What are you going to do to me.. Let me go and I'll
give you the key to that chest."
       [Lyranis] 10:39 pm: Ravina stands up and brushes her shirt off and then looks at the chest. "Who needs a
key?"
[Pieh] 10:39 pm: "I don't need the key to that chest"
[strikereternal] 10:39 pm: "If they come back to investigate and he's gone, they'll raise an alarm for sure," Dorgul
whispers harshly.
      [Jayzilla] 10:39 pm: slightly miffed, the goblin grumbles, "You would if you knew what was in it." strikereternal] 10:40 pm: "And we are going to need the chest" Pieh] 10:40 pm: "That's fine, we plan of freeing the goblins anyway, I want to kieep this one alive if possible"
"Ravina, use these tools, theyre magical, make sure i get them back and wahtevers in the
chest." Ravina kneels down by the chest if she can get near enough to it and tries to open it.The lock is very well built and obviously not goblin made. Even with Lodals well-made tools, the female drow couldn't get the lock to click open.
: Ravina shrugs. "No go. You try, Lodal?"
[Pieh] 10:42 pm: "I'll try later, if we dont ge tthe key"
       [Lyranis] 10:43 pm: Ravina hands the tools back to Lodal. "I need practice I think."
[Pieh] 10:43 pm: "The chest isnt important at the moment." : The encredibly fat goblin looks confused. "You're going to free them?" "We would like to Balgron"
"Oh. I almost forgot. You. Balgron, you stop being an idiot."
      [Jayzilla] 10:44 pm: "What are you going to free them from? they're here of their own free will."
[Pieh] 10:44 pm: "We want you to give us information about whats going on here, then leave."
[Pieh] 10:44 pm: "They are here for your shiny gems"
      [OverusedName] 10:44 pm: "You really think the guy is going to keep paying you? Our race is constantly
being used by those who think they are smarter then us, as labor, then they throw us away. You think he is any
better?" Aurora moves to a postion close to the door. She will try to listen in and be prepared just
in case if they try to come in. Her chains at the ready.
[Pieh] 10:45 pm: "We already took care of the torturer, you will be nothing, take the gems and leave"
[strikereternal] 10:45 pm: Dorgul sighs. "This is a fool's errand," he mutters, mostly to himself.
      [Jayzilla] 10:45 pm: For a moment, the goblin looks very lucid and intellegent. "You should see the size of
the gem he gave me.."
[strikereternal] 10:45 pm: He keeps both eyes on the door.
       [Lyranis] 10:45 pm: Ravina goes and leans against the wall opposite the western door with her crossbow in
one hand and her wand in the other.Until she notices the desk that is and goes to investigate it.
"Can it keep you alive if the Orc over there decides he wants to see how fast he can cut you in half?" Pieh] 10:47 pm: "The minotaur is also very good at cutting, but he i more patient that the orc." Dorgul slowly turns toward the fat goblin, and gives him a menacing grin, flashing his
fangs. "There is foul magic at work here."
[strikereternal] 10:49 pm: (well, tusks)
[Pieh] 10:49 pm: "Where is the gem, Balgron?" Balgron points toward the chest
      [Jayzilla] 10:51 pm: He whispers, "it's i n there." "Watch hi"
[Pieh] 10:51 pm: *him : Ist, you can't hear anything from the other side of the door at all. you find 1 small pouch of platinum with the dead guard, Balgron pays his personal
help very well it seems, and you find a small bottle, half empty, of the firey dwarven whisky) Lodal tries the chest "yo want to see the gem? Here." he throws Pieh his key, from a hidden pocket on him "What kind of foul magic are we talking about here?"
[Pieh] 10:53 pm: "Everyone, if I start acting like this guy, break the gem."
      [OverusedName] 10:53 pm: "The kind you should probably take several steps back from."
Pieh opens the chest : "Gem first, then the Goblin. I can see which one splits into even halfs better."
The chest pops open
      [Jayzilla] 10:54 pm: On a nice sized bag of gold is nestled a gem the size of your fist Lodals' eyes suddenly glaze over and his arms go slack
      [Jayzilla] 10:58 pm: he appears to be hypnotized. "I guess that kind of foul magic" Aurora smiles at the drow and whispered to herself "ah charama is a *****" strikereternal] 11:00 pm: "I'm not sure I could stand up to that kind of magic..."
      [Jayzilla] 11:00 pm: (that's fine, nothing is happening yet) strikereternal] 11:01 pm: Dorgul focuses his attention on the doors, desperately trying not to look near the chest OverusedName] 11:00 pm: "So....Who wants to smash the gem?"
"I guess I'll do it then." Ulgoth says, summoning another bolt of Energy. "When I
throw this, I want you to kick me in the head as hard as you can to knock me off balance, I will be hopping on
one foot, facing backwards, and shouting random nonsense."
       [Lyranis] 11:02 pm: Ravina calls out. "Someone close their eyes and grab the gem and put it in a pouch so
you can't see it! But don't touch it."
      [OverusedName] 11:02 pm: (I can try my Energy Bolt from here, right Jay?)
       [Lyranis] 11:02 pm: Ravina says, "Then you can smash it at will."
[istoaufrien] 11:02 pm: Aurora takes a few steps back and whispers "put it in a bag" she tosses a free bag
towards Ulgoth, hitting him in the head
      [Jayzilla] 11:03 pm: Balgrons shreiks, 'NO! DON"T SMASH IT!"
"Usually, I wouldn't listen to you, but, for all I know, you are right, so why don't
you tell me why not to smash it."
[General Chatter]: KayeoticNeutral has entered at 11:03 pm
      [Jayzilla] 11:03 pm: the goblin dives onto the chest and covers the gem with his body
      [OverusedName] 11:03 pm: "And if you say 'Because its pretty', then the Orc will be wearing your Innards
as a Hat."
       [Lyranis] 11:03 pm: Ravina mutters, "I still think they should put it in a sack."
[strikereternal] 11:04 pm: Dorgul moves closer to the doors, listening for an enemy reaction (move to P13)
      [Jayzilla] 11:04 pm: Lodal snaps out of the spell as soon as it's covered
[istoaufrien] 11:04 pm: (does he hold it and call it his precious?)
       [Lyranis] 11:04 pm: (See I told you!)
[Pieh] 11:04 pm: "OK. That didnt work."
      [OverusedName] 11:04 pm: "Oh, Hey, you're awake. Welcome Back Ladel."
[Pieh] 11:04 pm: "Thanks, Ulgoth."
[Pieh] 11:04 pm: "Now, we need to break the gem."
      [OverusedName] 11:04 pm: "So...Smash the gem?"
[Pieh] 11:04 pm: "Without looking at it."
[Pieh] 11:05 pm: scratch that
      [OverusedName] 11:05 pm: "Why don't you just strangle the Goblin from behind, then shut the box?"
[Pieh] 11:05 pm: "Save the gem"
[Pieh] 11:05 pm: "The gem isnjt doing any harm"
       [Lyranis] 11:05 pm: Ravina repeats herself. "Put it in a bag."
      [OverusedName] 11:05 pm: "...Keep talking Ladel, I'm not following your logic."
[strikereternal] 11:06 pm: "Make up your bloody minds"
[strikereternal] 11:06 pm: (Can I hear any activity beyond the doors?)
[Pieh] 11:06 pm: "I... need the gem"
      [OverusedName] 11:06 pm: "You want to pick up the fat Goblin and look at it? No? Then be quiet while we
talk."
[Pieh] 11:06 pm: "I cant explain why right now, but i NEED that gem"
       [Lyranis] 11:06 pm: Ravina groans. "Someone hit the damned drow over the head and mash the gem."
      [Jayzilla] 11:06 pm: you hear feet moving quickly and the suddenly heavy pounding on teh door
      [OverusedName] 11:06 pm: "And....Ladel's still possesed by the Gem."
"NO!"
      [OverusedName] 11:07 pm: "You aren't making much sense Lodel. We saw what the Gem did to you
before."
[Pieh] 11:07 pm: "THEYRE TRYING TO TAKE OUR GEMS! GET IN HERE AND STOP THEM!"
goblins have stopped pounding on the doors. Balgron is drolling on teh ground,
completly hypnotized by the gem. Ulgoth and Lodal are doing tug of war ulgtoh has the gem, covered by the bag that lyr threw at him and Lodal is desperatly trying to take the gem from ulgoth
Ulgoth picks up Lodal by the shirt and throws him completely over his shoulder,
slamming the drow into the ground with a massive burst of strength
       [Lyranis] 11:16 pm: (roflmao)
      [OverusedName] 11:16 pm: (wee! I WON!)
      [OverusedName] 11:17 pm: (WHOSE THE BADASS GOBLIN!?)
[Pieh] 11:17 pm: You sure are strong when you want to be
[Pieh] 11:17 pm: like throwing marsh out of the boat
      [OverusedName] 11:17 pm: T'was...For a friend!
[istoaufrien] 11:17 pm: (*hands Over a ribbion and a cookie*)
      [Jayzilla] 11:17 pm: Ulgoth, gripping the bagged gem tithgly with both hands, tears the gem from lodals
grasp
      [OverusedName] 11:17 pm: (Mine with the bodyslam was better :P)
       [Lyranis] 11:17 pm: (LOL)
      [Jayzilla] 11:18 pm: (    _
      [OverusedName] 11:18 pm: okay, countinuing
[Pieh] 11:18 pm: well damn
       [Lyranis] 11:18 pm: Ravina nods at Ulgoth, "Now smite the gemstone, Mr. Strongman."
      [Jayzilla] 11:18 pm: Ok, now i need strikes to do a grab roll on lodal
[Pieh] 11:19 pm: (Did you guys know theres no Disarm in 4e?)
      [Jayzilla] 11:19 pm: str vs fort
      [OverusedName] 11:19 pm: I Smash the Gem with my Obviously Supergoblin Strength Muscles, like I was
tearing paper
[strikereternal] 11:19 pm: ok
[istoaufrien] 11:19 pm: Smiles back, hearing the crashing of the drow "I like this goblin. need to stay on his good
side"
strikereternal starts rolling some dice: (1d20+6)
strikereternal -> 1d20 (19)+ 6 (6) = 25
       [Lyranis] 11:19 pm: (Nice strike)
[Pieh] 11:19 pm: my fort is 13
[istoaufrien] 11:19 pm: (ouch...)
      [Jayzilla] 11:20 pm: so DOrgul is gripping lodal tightly (too bad kit sin't here for this)
       [Lyranis] 11:20 pm: (No kidding!)
[strikereternal] 11:20 pm: I was going more for a football tackle where he ends up on the ground
      [Jayzilla] 11:20 pm: and now you can do whatever you want ulogth (lol!)
[strikereternal] 11:20 pm: and possibly knocked out
[strikereternal] 11:20 pm: but that's cool too
[Pieh] 11:20 pm: "GIVE ME THE GEMMMMM!"
      [OverusedName] 11:20 pm: I smash the Gem using my Superstrength Muscles
      [Jayzilla] 11:21 pm: well, i figured that would work
       [Lyranis] 11:21 pm: (I'd like to help Over smash the gem)
[strikereternal] 11:21 pm: Dorgul grabs the drow's arms and, with his superior strength, shoves him away from
the goblin with perhaps a bit more force than is stricly necessary.
Ok, that sucked."
[Pieh] 11:24 pm: "Why is dorgul on me?"
       [Lyranis] 11:24 pm: Ravina sighs, "Sorry, Lodal. I had to do something."
[strikereternal] 11:24 pm: "You were possessed by the gem."
[Pieh] 11:24 pm: "Gem?"
[strikereternal] 11:24 pm: "I had to hold you back, while Ulgoth did what you told us to do."
[strikereternal] 11:25 pm: "..Ugh."
[Pieh] 11:25 pm: "Balgron's gem? Where is it?"
      [OverusedName] 11:25 pm: "We had a, Who will he wake up to in his bed contest involving you."
       [Lyranis] 11:25 pm: Ravina snickers and points at the bag with the shattered gem in it.
"Hmm... Why did you break it? And REALLY, why i Dorgul on me?"
       [Lyranis] 11:25 pm: (I thought that was Kit's Cha 19 bard..._)
[strikereternal] 11:26 pm: "Ulgoth, well done." He grudgingly compliments the goblin on his quick action.
[Pieh] 11:26 pm: "Oh right"
[istoaufrien] 11:26 pm: Aurora has a big smile of content on her face, trying not to laugh "dang i think i liked it
better when we were beating on him.
      [OverusedName] 11:26 pm: "We Broke it because we didn't like the color."
[Pieh] 11:26 pm: "I said to do that , didnt i?"
       [Lyranis] 11:26 pm: Ravina, "Well, if we didn't break it, you would have stayed controlled and irrational. Not
that you're rational to begin with."
      [Jayzilla] 11:26 pm: Balgron rolls over, muttereing in Goblin
[Pieh] 11:26 pm: "Wow, I'm smarter than i though."
[strikereternal] 11:26 pm: "Don't make me think you're still possessed. I might have to knock you out."
[strikereternal] 11:26 pm: Dorgul grins, and releases the drow
       [Lyranis] 11:26 pm: *(how much plat, Jay?)
      [Jayzilla] 11:27 pm: seeing the people all around him, he switches to Common. Where in Lolth's name am I/
[Pieh] 11:27 pm: "Please, no more hitting."
"Lolth's name?"
[strikereternal] 11:27 pm: "Oh, the hitting, Ravina was the one who did that" Pieh] 11:27 pm: "Balgron, you, and i, were possesed by a gem" yeah, the last thing I remeber," explains the goblin, "I was standing outside our shrine,
worrying about the tithes those filthy drow wanted. And now i'm here."
[Pieh] 11:28 pm: "You have treated your goblin people cruelly, and now much redeem yourself."
[ "Pah!" curses the goblin. "No more cruelly than I'd been treated myself. Now, explain to
me where I'm at, you filthy drow."
[strikereternal] 11:29 pm: (      )
       [Lyranis] 11:29 pm: (LOL)
[strikereternal] 11:29 pm: "Maybe Ulgoth should explain."
[istoaufrien] 11:29 pm: Aurora stalks over to the goblin "Not only to your own kin, but my and Ravina's
comrades! there is a high price to pay!" She growls and holds her chains tightly
       [Lyranis] 11:29 pm: (Jay, I'm digging in the open ches tnow)
       [Lyranis] 11:30 pm: (while everyone else is busy)
      [Jayzilla] 11:30 pm: (lol.... non-hypnotized balgron is kind of a fun charachter)
[strikereternal] 11:30 pm: "Back off and let his kin talk to him."
[Pieh] 11:30 pm: "Get out of there, Ravina, i called dibs on that."
[strikereternal] 11:30 pm: (see?!)
[Pieh] 11:30 pm: "Besides, you couldnt open it"
[strikereternal] 11:30 pm: (he calls dibs on everything and you give him extra money      )
[Pieh] 11:30 pm: (lol)
       [Lyranis] 11:31 pm: Ravina eyes Lodal. "You had to use a key. It's not yours, it belongs to the whole party."
      [Jayzilla] 11:31 pm: (inside the chest you find a bag of 536 gold, a large, silver and platinum dagger, and a
set of robes that seem rather brightly colored
      [OverusedName] 11:31 pm: "Yeah, makes sense." Ulgoth mutters as he catches the Platnium coins. "Hey,
everybody calm down, it does not do for Women to get stressed, you will wind up with unsightly wrinkles." He
says, then turns to Balgron. "Now, my Friend, I have much to explain. Let's start with the begining. How did you
come into possession of that...Item?"
Dorgul shifts his gaze alternatively from Balgron to the door, ready to step in for some
intimidation if necessary.
[Pieh] 11:32 pm: "Ravina, Dorgul, let me explain"
[istoaufrien] 11:32 pm: she keeps an eye on the gobby, tightening and loosening her chain "but when your done
he is mine"
      [Jayzilla] 11:32 pm: Balgron rolls over onto his rump. "Well, now that I think about it, I'd just gotten word of a
messenger from some human cultist."
       [Lyranis] 11:32 pm: Ravina speaks up, "Okay wizzie, get over here and figure out what these are. They
could be magical, but hell if I can tell!" She takes the gold and starts deviding it evenly as possible."
Pieh] 11:33 pm: "I have been the treasuerer for my friends, I'm used to taking all the loot upon myself and using
to best benefit my friends."
      [OverusedName] 11:33 pm: "I will deal with that in a minute, this comes first. and both of you stop arguing.
You sound like a married Couple."
[Pieh] 11:33 pm: "I do not do it because i want it all for myself, simply because I'm the best with money"
      [OverusedName] 11:33 pm: "And he promised to pay your taxes to the Drows if you came with him?" Ulgoth
Asks, turning his attention from the two
       [Lyranis] 11:34 pm: Ravina raises an eye at Lodal. "And you share it equally?"
[strikereternal] 11:34 pm: "But there's nothing stopping you from pocketing a few."
"Yes, i do."
[Pieh] 11:34 pm: "Dorgul, I pocket it all and my friends never have to worry about their money."
       [Lyranis] 11:34 pm: Ravina shrugs and tosses him the gold and her 7 plat. "Alright. Just make sure I get
my fair share."
[Pieh] 11:34 pm: "I pay for everything."
      [Jayzilla] 11:34 pm: "All i rememebr is him offering me a 'gift."
      [Jayzilla] 11:34 pm: "and then I was here."
[strikereternal] 11:34 pm: "I don't trust you any further than I can throw you. Same with the goblin, but I could
throw the goblin."
      [Jayzilla] 11:35 pm: "what is that awful pounding noise?!"
      [OverusedName] 11:35 pm: "That would be your Men, I think, Trying to get in, do you think you can get
control of them?"
[strikereternal] 11:35 pm: Dorgul looks back to the door
       [Lyranis] 11:35 pm: Ravina smirks at the fat gobber, "The rest of your people trying to get in here to make
sure we don't hurt you, I think." "my men? I don't have any men. plenty of goblin pals though. Hey you goblins, come on
in and meet these halfway decent drow." OverusedName] 11:36 pm: "Then...Are you not the Clan Leader?" Ulgoth asks, motioning to Dorgul. "Let
them in, and for the sake of Ioun, do NOT attack them."
      [Jayzilla] 11:36 pm: (536)
[strikereternal] 11:36 pm: (over if you missed it he actually paid you a compliment earlier)
       [Lyranis] 11:36 pm: (I don't remember. there was a 5 and a 3 in it.)
      [OverusedName] 11:36 pm: (I know)
      [OverusedName] 11:37 pm: (I thought this was a Back and Forth Insult Friendship >_&gt    
      [Jayzilla] 11:37 pm: "Oh, well, yeah, I was teh goblin in charge. I don;'t think of us as 'men' though, we're
above all that filth."
[Pieh] 11:37 pm: (got it)
[strikereternal] 11:37 pm: (it is      )
      [OverusedName] 11:37 pm: "I like you! A Goblin after my own Heart you are!"
Jayzilla] 11:37 pm: From the door, a goblin yells, 'hey boss, the doors locked!"
[strikereternal] 11:38 pm: Dorgul cautiously moves to unlock the door.
Aurora grips her chains a bit and snarls at the thought of more goblins... "if you werent
weaked willed none of htis would of happened. " she grumbles to herself
       [Lyranis] 11:38 pm: Ravina goes back to get the whisky. "Anyone need a drink?"
Pieh] 11:39 pm: "It's tempting Ravina, but we still have our real job to do."
[strikereternal] 11:39 pm: "Ugh, yes, I haven't had a decent drink in ages. Lodal, can you get this lock?"
[strikereternal] 11:39 pm: The door is overtaken by thoughts of booze as the half-orc goes to indulge himself.
      [Jayzilla] 11:39 pm: dorgul turns the knob and unlocks the door, and 10 or 15 goblins flood into the room like
a swarm of locusts
[Pieh] 11:39 pm: lol
       [Lyranis] 11:39 pm: Ravina tosses the whisky to the striker character cause I can't remember what his
name is.

istoaufrien] 11:40 pm: "ugh i much rather be knee deep in undead..... wait a second" Looks over to the fat
gobby "Do you know anyting about the undead roming around here?
      [OverusedName] 11:40 pm: (I wasn't the one that called you that first, that was Pieh. I've called you Dorgul
forever."
      [OverusedName] 11:40 pm: )
[Pieh] 11:41 pm: "Hey, be careful with that Dorgul, we need you at least a little sober."
[strikereternal] 11:41 pm: Dorgul takes a good swig, and hands it back to the drowess. "Not bad. Thanks."
      [Jayzilla] 11:41 pm: Balgron waves at his fellow goblins to be still. "My fellow goblins, I have been freed ofa
curse by these filthy drow and their slaves, who were guided her eby this heroic goblin Ulgoth.
[strikereternal] 11:41 pm: (oh, okay)
[Pieh] 11:42 pm: "Thats.. almost right."
[strikereternal] 11:42 pm: (lol, ulgoth is the hero)
      [OverusedName] 11:42 pm: "It...Wasn't all me..""
      [Jayzilla] 11:42 pm: "And as such I am happy to say we will be returning to our home."
[strikereternal] 11:42 pm: Dorgul grunts at being referred to as a slave of the drow, but manages to hold his
tongue.
[istoaufrien] 11:42 pm: "SLAVES!" *stroms over and holds the gobby by the cuffs "i will be not be a slave to a
man!. AND ANSWER ME! what do you kknow of hte undead here? anyof you?"
      [Jayzilla] 11:43 pm: Balgron winks at ulgoth. A rather burly goblin steps forward. "You stay away from those
undead, friend."
[Pieh] 11:43 pm: Lodal pulls his bow on the kitty cat "chill out cat girl,"
      [OverusedName] 11:43 pm: Ulgoth rushes to (Isto, whose name I forget), and grabs her Arm. "Put. Him.
Down." He mutters
      [Jayzilla] 11:43 pm: "Kalarel uses them to guard the stairs the lead to his lair\
[istoaufrien] 11:43 pm: Ignores Lodal" What is beyond them?"
[istoaufrien] 11:44 pm: (aurora)
      [OverusedName] 11:44 pm: "His Lair." Ulgoth mutters, sighing at Aurora. "He just said."
      [Jayzilla] 11:44 pm: The big goblin turns to Balgron. "What will we do about the hobgoblins? I know they're
filthy creatures but their basically enslaved by those fiends."
       [Lyranis] 11:44 pm: Ravina just chuckles softly. "I'll keep the human, but you can have the rest, Lodal."
      [Jayzilla] 11:44 pm: The other goblins visibly shrink at the mention of the fiends.
Her smile grows a bit wicked "I think this gobby and his crew should travel with us to help
defeat this Kararel.... payback maybe for you all as well?
       [Lyranis] 11:46 pm: (Humans amuse ravina.)
      [Jayzilla] 11:46 pm: Balgron shakes his head. "Grazgrab here is our most experienced war leader. I won't
have him dying to some demonic fiend."
[Pieh] 11:46 pm: "This is not the goblin's fight, Aurora."
      [Jayzilla] 11:46 pm: The big goblin nods in agreement. "You all are better off leaving now. Those hobgoblins
never did much for us."
      [OverusedName] 11:46 pm: "Aurora, Please, let them go." Ulgoth says, still calm. "I don't want to create a
scene. Put Balgron down, and let them leave in piece."
       [Lyranis] 11:47 pm: "Oh, just let them go. We can do it ourselves."
[istoaufrien] 11:47 pm: "well you can consider it compensation for what they have done to my compainions..."
She puts the gobblin down "no honor in this clan" She grumbled
      [Jayzilla] 11:48 pm: Balgron nods. "You filthy drow are smarter than you look. I'll tell you the password to
the lower level."

Pieh
10-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Bumpity Bump Bump

Jayzilla
10-13-2009, 12:16 AM
: A little surprised that people are actually heeding his words, Dorgul starts to lead the
way west
    [MarshamSane] 7:01 pm: (roger)
       [Lyranis] 7:02 pm: Ravina shrugs. "I'll just follow along with the rest of you all."
[istoaufrien] 7:03 pm: while walking she suddenly remebers "To forwarn you all, the one opening the rift, Kararel.
He can control undead pretty well.. so the more undead we see the closer we are"
[General Chatter]: chosenoftzeentch has entered at 7:04 pm
[strikereternal] 7:04 pm: "..Just how much do you know about this guy? I don't think the witch even gave us his
name."
    [MarshamSane] 7:04 pm: "****ing loverly. any vampires? rape vines? something else fun?" Illumidan is
almost sulking now.
       [Lyranis] 7:04 pm: Ravina mutters, "Luckily undead can be destroyed"
[strikereternal] 7:05 pm: "True enough." Jax shrugs, "They died once, not to hard to make sure it happens a second time."
[Pieh] 7:06 pm: "Bah, he's just a stupid kid. Let's go find him and talk some sense into him"
[Jayzilla] 7:06 pm: (well, you were with Isto, who was traveling with you but planned to split from teh party to
attack this castle)
[strikereternal] 7:06 pm: "The witch acted like he was just some dumb kid." Dorgul spits, a little angry but not at
all surprised. stoaufrien] 7:07 pm: "just the basics of evil bad guys who summon portals of darkness... control undead,
summoning and making his followers turning his peons into Vampire spawnlings...
[strikereternal] 7:07 pm: "I'm more concerned about demons, personally."
       [Lyranis] 7:07 pm: "Sounds like a lovely person. Let's ask him to tea." Ravina smirks.
[istoaufrien] 7:07 pm: "well looks like this witch isnt as informed as my masters were. or she was in with this
guy bringing him more food to eat, maybe new vampire spans
       [Lyranis] 7:07 pm: (sarcasm intended.      )
[strikereternal] 7:08 pm: "I'm sure she knew more than she felt it necessary to tell us."
[General Chatter]: Solstice550 has entered at 7:08 pm
    [MarshamSane] 7:08 pm: "good times. lets just get there and die trying to stop him already."
    [kitsune1842] 7:08 pm: "Humph, the Witch was older than dirt, she would probably reffer to Pelor as just
some punk kid God."
[strikereternal] 7:08 pm: Dorgul's distaste for such behavior is pretty clear from the tone of his words.
[istoaufrien] 7:09 pm: chuckles a bit "Im glad i found you guys, alot more entertaining then those goblins
       [Lyranis] 7:09 pm: "I don't intend to die." She has her crossbow in one hand and her wand in easy reach.
[RARA AVIS 4e of awesomeness]: Pieh has left at 7:10 pm
[General Chatter]: Pieh has entered at 7:10 pm
       [Lyranis] 7:10 pm: (oops Pieh go boom)
[RARA AVIS 4e of awesomeness]: Pieh has entered at 7:10 pm
       [Lyranis] 7:10 pm: (wb pieh)
[Pieh] 7:11 pm: (oopsie)
[Jayzilla] 7:11 pm: (     sounds liek something i'd say)
       [Lyranis] 7:11 pm: (you dinna miss anything)
[Pieh] 7:11 pm: "Well, lead the way, Dorgul, I'll be right behind you."
[strikereternal] 7:12 pm: (I've been leading the way)
[strikereternal] 7:12 pm: (if our dm didn't notice we are moving west)
[Pieh] 7:12 pm: (Oh, ok)
[Jayzilla] 7:12 pm: So, quick description of the area your've been in. west takes you to teh torture room. south
takes you to a corridor: east fro mthere goes to the mines/caves. west in the corridor takes you to the entrance
of the dungeon
    [MarshamSane] 7:12 pm: "lets get on with it..."
[Jayzilla] 7:13 pm: You pass the torture room, and go south, and find yourself in the entrance
    [kitsune1842] 7:13 pm: Jax snorts as he follows behind the others, his steaming breath curling around his bull
like nose. "Death comes when it comes, lets just go stop the evil, stomp things into the dirt, and cut some
heads off."
[Jayzilla] 7:13 pm: Then the only obstacle to the catacombs is the wooden door. Creaking it open, you see that
there are no light sources visible.
       [Lyranis] 7:13 pm: Ravina chuckles. "How right you are, m'dear, how right you are."
[Jayzilla] 7:14 pm: There's a set of dank, musty stairs that lead down into the blackness. [Lyranis] 7:14 pm: "Don't need one."
MarshamSane fires off his at wills like its going outa style as he brings up the rear Jax hands Durgal a sun rod. "Use this if ya want light."
MarshamSane lights Jax's horns
[Pieh] 7:15 pm: "Me and Ravina will lead the way, someone be ready to spark up if we see something"
[strikereternal] 7:15 pm: (marsh just cantrip light)
[strikereternal] 7:16 pm: "I need both hands for my sword, but thanks"
    [MarshamSane] 7:16 pm: "that should solve it.""
       [Lyranis] 7:16 pm: (roflmao glowing Mino!)
    [MarshamSane] 7:16 pm: Jax's horns are now glowing
[strikereternal] 7:16 pm: (yeah, nice)
[Jayzilla] 7:16 pm: the party descends into the darkness
    [kitsune1842] 7:17 pm: ((Are the scrimshaw tribal designs glowing a special color?))
    [MarshamSane] 7:17 pm: actually **** that. I just keep casting light 4 squares ahead of us.
       [Lyranis] 7:17 pm: Ravina snaps her crossbow into the holster for it at her hip and grabs her wand, holding
it out in front of her.
[Jayzilla] 7:17 pm: (ok, on the excel sheets you're on sheet Area 5)
    [MarshamSane] 7:17 pm: ((scrimshaw? are we in forgotten realms?)
       [Lyranis] 7:18 pm: (stairs from room B?)
    [kitsune1842] 7:18 pm: ((Can I get the link for theSheets, cant save those on the comp.))
[strikereternal] 7:18 pm: "Hmm.. which way to go"
[Jayzilla] 7:18 pm: (yup)The party finds themself at a four-way interesection. Behind is teh stairs, to the north
and west dark passageways
[strikereternal] 7:18 pm: (what about the south)
[Jayzilla] 7:18 pm: However, at the end of the hall to the south you see a dim, faint light.
    [kitsune1842] 7:18 pm: ((Scrimshaw as in carved in the horn and rubbed with soot so that the white horns
have black designs all over))
[strikereternal] 7:18 pm: (ooh)
    [MarshamSane] 7:18 pm: (**** me FR? really? ****ing mary sue setting)
       [Lyranis] 7:18 pm: (Jay: Link Kit the sheets?)
[strikereternal] 7:19 pm: "Perhaps the hobgoblin guards?" Dorgul whispers
       [Lyranis] 7:19 pm: (FR?)
[Jayzilla] 7:19 pm: (working on the sheets)
       [Lyranis] 7:19 pm: (and who's mary sue?)
[strikereternal] 7:19 pm: (forgotten realms)
       [Lyranis] 7:19 pm: Ravina shrugs, still holding her wand at the ready.
    [MarshamSane] 7:19 pm: (everyone in the forgoten realms is a mary sue. everyone.)
[Jayzilla] 7:19 pm: http://penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12688&page=2
       [Lyranis] 7:19 pm: (ah.)
[strikereternal] 7:20 pm: (it was changed a lot for 4e, i think they axed or drastically changed many of the uber
characters)
       [Lyranis] 7:20 pm: (what's a mary sue?)
[istoaufrien] 7:20 pm: Aurora grips her chains tightly, waiting for a chance to strike
[Jayzilla] 7:20 pm: (you're going south then?)
    [kitsune1842] 7:20 pm: ((At least Elmister is now a near powerless psycho man wandering the deserts))
    [MarshamSane] 7:20 pm: (drizzt)
[strikereternal] 7:20 pm: (yeah)
[Jayzilla] 7:21 pm: (ok, everyone click on area 7)
[strikereternal] 7:21 pm: Dorgul starts to head toward the south
[strikereternal] 7:21 pm: (ooh)
[Jayzilla] 7:21 pm: (you're at the very top left of the map)
[strikereternal] 7:21 pm: (so some sort of open chamber?)
[strikereternal] 7:21 pm: (or still a hallway)
       [Lyranis] 7:21 pm: (H3?)
[strikereternal] 7:22 pm: (nm i see)
[Jayzilla] 7:22 pm: The party members in the lead move south maybe 20 feet when they see a chamber open up
in front of them
[Jayzilla] 7:22 pm: the walls of the chamber hold hundreds of alcoves, each with a small funeral cask in them
[istoaufrien] 7:22 pm: Aurora eyes those caskets "I dont like the smell of this"
Pieh looks in one
       [Lyranis] 7:23 pm: (Oh great, zombies lol)
[Jayzilla] 7:23 pm: (When you go in the room everyone roll percep)
[strikereternal] 7:23 pm: "Keep it quiet," Dorgul whispers harshly
Pieh starts rolling some dice: (1d20+9)
Pieh -> 1d20 (15)+ 9 (9) = 24
[strikereternal] 7:23 pm: (I think I'm in the lead, so)
strikereternal starts rolling some dice: (1d20+3)
strikereternal -> 1d20 (19)+ 3 (3) = 22
       [Lyranis] 7:23 pm: "Hey guys, the catacombs here are from the soldiers trying to reseal the rift. Careful."
[strikereternal] 7:23 pm: (booyah)
kitsune1842 starts rolling some dice: (1d20+9)
kitsune1842 -> 1d20 (9)+ 9 (9) = 18
Lyranis starts rolling some dice: (1d20+5)
Lyranis -> 1d20 (4)+ 5 (5) = 9
[Jayzilla] 7:24 pm: (you notice that the piles of dust, bones and rags on the floor are moving slightly
       [Lyranis] 7:24 pm: (bah, at least it weren't a 1)
istoaufrien starts rolling some dice: (1d20+13)
istoaufrien -> 1d20 (7)+ 13 (13) = 20
Marsh
Lodal
Striker
lyr
large zombies
Isto
small zombies
Kit
over
: Dorgul, his sword already in his hands, reacts quickly as the zombie rises from the
floor, and separates his head from his body with a wicked slash.
[Pieh] 7:42 pm: btw, there is now light
[strikereternal] 7:42 pm: (there already was)
[Pieh] 7:42 pm: (I mean in the room)
[Jayzilla] 7:42 pm: As the smaller zombies are slain, they emit an odd gurgling noise. The larger zombies fix
their eyes (or what are left of them) onto the adventurers and move forward
Dorgul, his sword already in his hands, reacts quickly as the zombie rises from the
floor, and separates his head from his body with a wicked slash.
: Axe at ready Jax prepairs to move as undead things start to appear. Hampred
slightly by his allies crowding the entry to the room he moves with care often not seen in such large creatures to
get beyond them and charge at the nearest zombie. With little regard to himself he pushes through to an open
space and attacks the largest enemy with the one weapon he always has at hand, his horns. ((Charge to I4,
Goring Charge)) (crits)
 
    [MarshamSane] 7:58 pm: SHOCK SPHERE!!! (kils all the rest)
Lyr 21
Isto 17
Pieh 15
marsh 15
strikers 12
skell9
kit 9
SKELL9
Ulgoth 8
the small skeletons have nothing on at all, their bones have a kind of unearthly gleam to them
as if they were individually bleached white
[strikereternal] 8:20 pm: (british people use the c word all the time      )
[Jayzilla] 8:20 pm: they weild only rather heavy-looking scimitars
       [Lyranis] 8:20 pm: Ravina points her wand at the skele in J6 and uses viscious mockery on him (cha vs will)
[Jayzilla] 8:20 pm: On the other hand, the heavy skeltons have leather with metal knobs and large, heavy looking
sheilds
[Jayzilla] 8:21 pm: Their scimitars look considerably more impressive than the smaller skeletons' weapons.
Ravina points her wand at the skele in J6 and uses viscious mockery on him (cha vs will) (darkfire at the the same one) and I'm moving toh17)
chains whip around Aurora's head as they crash into the skelly infront of her with great percision stirking the center, causing the thing's bones to disingrate "Now whos next?"
Marsh: force orb, range 20. hits and secondary.
Lodal comes walking down the hall way "Guys, I found this cool holy symbol, i think we can-
Wow, thats a lot of baddies... IN THE NAME OF BAHAMUT I COMMAND YOU SKELY DUDES TO CEASE
ATTACKING!" When pieh mentions Bahamut, the skeltons actually seem to freeze for a second! it also seems like the light coming from the east of the room gets brighter for a second..... then it gets darker and teh skeletons continue their attacks. He kills one.
Dorgul takes care of the skeleton with one quick swing of his sword. He is already
moving forward as the undead warrior collapses into a pile of bones and dust, ending in front of the next two
skeletons with his blade on guard.
The skeletons pushed onto the party like a wave: their blades chopped and skittered on the armor of the heros. Lodal and Lyranis both took hits, but Dorgul expertly fought off the skeletal blades. As the Skeletons appear Jax grins a little to himself, Knowing full well his friends can
take care of the three behind them Jax rushes forwards twords the larger and obviously more fun to fight
creatures. With so many skeletons in the way he can not reach them right away, but does manage to move part
of the way there bringing his axe in an upwards sweep as the blood rushes in his ears. ((Move to K15, uplifting
strike))
all the sarcophogi door pop open and ANOTHER wave of skeletons comes out! Aurora goes" What the.... we need to get through this mess now! before we are swamped! Oi vey)
[strikereternal] 9:09 pm: (lol awesome) lyr: over trying to turn them?)
Lodal: just start yelling god anmes until you find the one that deactivates them)MarshamSane] 9:15 pm: "hey skeletons, we serve tiamut, better come kill us!"Pieh] 9:16 pm: "Zeus, Thor, Pelor, Lolth, Jeebus!"
Ravina shoots another spell, misses, curses, puts her wand away and starts to reach for her crossbow (minor move
next turn)  [Lyranis] 9:20 pm: "Anyone got any holy water? Now would be the time to throw it around a bit."
"Now its your turn Big guy "(target skely that is in 15 with Oath of emity)...."Looky over
there, its a naked female vampire*points off somewhere* (uses Distraction flare... moves full speed invisible.... up
to n14 and reappears.... rolls Acrobatic c check...hopping that she doenst hit anyting) Lodal looks for the naked female vampire. I'm going to say that you dodge past the smaller skellies no problem but one of the big guys catches you with a lucky sword swipe) stoaufrien] 9:26 pm: You son of a...undead... *****!!knocking into the larger stkelton, She yells "DIE!",strikes the steletion and opens a little space rift aht moves them almost to where Aurora started.
Marsh bombs and kills a ton of skellies: Lodal dashes through and acrobatically dodges several skeletons, although still gets hit by the bige one before makign it through to the room with the altarsyou notice along the walls, in 10 different languages, it says things like 'give obesance to
bahamut and he will protect you'

The light from the dome suddenly becomes peircingly bright and the beam travels along the
floor into the passageway
[Pieh] 10:01 pm: (Bahamut drives down from the heavans with his high beams on)
[Jayzilla] 10:01 pm: whenever it touches a skeleton the thing freezes, and moves back into the sarcophogai
[General Chatter]: tranc has entered at 10:01 pm
       [Lyranis] 10:01 pm: (from now on I'm shooting until someone gets into trouble. I think Marsh can probably
go get this soda and milk)
[strikereternal] 10:01 pm: (lame i was about to kick some serious ass)
    [kitsune1842] 10:02 pm: ((Neo Bahamut comes into Low Earth Orbit, waggles all 6 of his wings, and
unleashes a Mega Falre?))
[Jayzilla] 10:02 pm: (I had that encounter pegged for 5 waves of skeletons.. just fyi)
    [MarshamSane] 10:02 pm: (LOL)
[istoaufrien] 10:02 pm: (jesus... that sucks...)
    [MarshamSane] 10:02 pm: ((thats ok I have unlimited uses of flaming death to skelk spell)
    [MarshamSane] 10:02 pm: )
       [Lyranis] 10:02 pm: (LOL)
[Pieh] 10:02 pm: (We still get their xp right?)
[Jayzilla] 10:03 pm: yeah, this isn't wow: you don't have to kil lsomething for XP
[Pieh] 10:03 pm: (Good to know)
       [Lyranis] 10:03 pm: (LOL)
[istoaufrien] 10:03 pm: (you get xp when you turn in quests too lol)
[Jayzilla] 10:03 pm: anyways, after the skeletons are all zapped and return to the sarcophogai, the light returns,
centers on Lodal, and then moves to the door to the east. Then it returns to the earlier dim glow.
    [kitsune1842] 10:03 pm: ((We just have to get back to the witch after the rift is closed and the ? above her
head turns yellow))
       [Lyranis] 10:04 pm: (ROFLMAO Kit)
[Pieh] 10:04 pm: "I think I just got touched by an angel."
[istoaufrien] 10:04 pm: aurora grumbles a bit "well theres that way. but that was no fun" pouts a bit
       [Lyranis] 10:04 pm: "Or a god."
MarshamSane uses mage hand to touch lodal
    [kitsune1842] 10:04 pm: "And you did not even get dinner first. Least thats a sign of the way to go."
    [MarshamSane] 10:04 pm: "and now by man"
    [kitsune1842] 10:05 pm: ((Any Skulls of the ones dropped still in one peice?))
[strikereternal] 10:05 pm: Dorgul kicks a skeleton's skull. "Agreed, Aurora"
    [MarshamSane] 10:05 pm: ((GODDAMNIT KIT!))
[Jayzilla] 10:05 pm: lol
[Pieh] 10:05 pm: "You guys should be greatful."
    [MarshamSane] 10:06 pm: "I cleared the way...didn't I?"
    [kitsune1842] 10:06 pm: "Greatful you faked a prayer to a God not your own? Ok, I am greatful, now lets go
kill something else."
[strikereternal] 10:06 pm: "We had the situation under control without having to call on a god for help"
[Pieh] 10:06 pm: "Who knows how many more waves of those were gonna come out, they would have flooded
the place and we would never get past,"
       [Lyranis] 10:06 pm: "Believe me. I am. Since I couldn't seem to hit those things at all." (stupid dice)
[strikereternal] 10:06 pm: Dorgul grunts and moves on into the next room stoaufrien] 10:06 pm: chuckles a bit " i dont htink Lotlth is pleased with you" picks up her chains and walks towards where Lodal is. Lodal hangs the Holy Symbol around his neck. Jax crushes a skull under his foot as he moves to the next door ready to move onwards.
Jax listens at the door Lodal What do the alters look like?
[istoaufrien] 10:10 pm: (ill roll preceptoin at the door too)
       [Lyranis] 10:10 pm: (Anything else Jay? On the alters? behind the alters?)
istoaufrien starts rolling some dice: (1d20+13)
istoaufrien -> 1d20 (12)+ 13 (13) = 25
[General Chatter]: outrider has entered at 10:10 pm
[Jayzilla] 10:11 pm: They're 5 foot tall and covered in flowing draconic script. it looks as though they were carved
from a solid block of grainte
[Jayzilla] 10:11 pm: *granite
: Lodal quietly opens the door
Lyranis] 10:11 pm: (I wanna poke around at the script looks can be decieving)
[Jayzilla] 10:12 pm: I'll give you a bonus for poking the script: you pop open a small lid
    [kitsune1842] 10:12 pm: ((And if he had a sense of Humor Jax would yell some question about what his Drow
eyes see while standing right behind Lodel))
[Jayzilla] 10:13 pm: and inside you find 7 small platinum statues of Bahamut
       [Lyranis] 10:13 pm: "oooh, Look at this." She looks under the lid. "Think it's safe to remove these or is that god going to get mad?"
[Pieh] 10:13 pm: "Leave bahamut's sacred artifacts behind, he has helped us enough." Lyranis] 10:14 pm: "Couldn't we at least return them to an active temple?"[Pieh] 10:14 pm: "Where would we find one?" Lyranis] 10:14 pm: "It's a shame to see something so beautiful go to such a waste just sitting here. Oh,
come on, there must be one somewhere." istoaufrien] 10:15 pm: "im sure there would be a better home than here. A temple of scholars would like them im
sure."[Pieh] 10:15 pm: "Wait.. what the WEB AM I DOING?" Lodal takes of the holy symbol and stuff it in his bag[strikereternal] 10:15 pm: (lol)[Pieh] 10:15 pm: "I cant worship a god, thats ridiculous!" Pieh] 10:16 pm: "Give me those statues, I'll try to pawn them in the next town."
       [Lyranis] 10:16 pm: "Well, I'm taking them and I'll go search for a follower to hand them over to. I'll find one someday."
Lyranis] 10:17 pm: "Oh, now you change your mind? Here. But I'm keeping one." she hands 6 of them over.
[Pieh] 10:17 pm: "Damn Gods, Bahamat tried to brainwash me with his holy light."
[Jayzilla] 10:17 pm: Inside the next room, you see a raised dais with a large, horizontal sarcophagus. Along the
walls are mostly-empty scroll racks. behind the sarcophogus is a large chest.
Pieh takes the 6 and puts them in the bag : Inside the next room, you see a raised dais with a large, horizontal sarcophagus. Along the
walls are mostly-empty scroll racks. behind the sarcophogus is a large chest. Lyranis] 10:18 pm: Ravina pockets the 7th for later. "So, what's in there?"
    [kitsune1842] 10:18 pm: "Ahh there is the real Lodel. Welcome back to worshiping your real god, Wealth." strikereternal] 10:19 pm: "Very safe..." Dorgul eyes the sarcophagus suspiciously. [Pieh] 10:19 pm: "You guys got me all wrong"
Pieh] 10:19 pm: "Dont I use all my wealth to buy you stuff? I just like to see my friends taken care of." [Lyranis] 10:20 pm: "Just don't go step on any goblin bodies this time..."
strikereternal] 10:20 pm: "I'll believe it when I see it, Lodal."
[Jayzilla] 10:20 pm: As the whole party walks into the next room, the heavy iron-bolted doors slam shut.
[Pieh] 10:20 pm: "Bah, I'm sure this is just the burial chamber of a devout priest, lets see what they buried him
with."
       [Lyranis] 10:21 pm: Ravina gets her wand out again and snaps her crossbow down and moves towards the
door. She startles when it slams shut behind her and aims her wand straight at that tomb.
    [kitsune1842] 10:21 pm: "Did I say it was a bad idea, or that you were greedy? No, all things that exist, and
all ideas have spirits and such spirits need someone to worship them."
[istoaufrien] 10:22 pm: "huh...booby traped." shakes it off and picks up chains
    [MarshamSane] 10:22 pm: what did I miss?
[strikereternal] 10:22 pm: "What the hell is this"
[Jayzilla] 10:22 pm: The lid of the sarcophogus slides open and a 6-foot skeleton in full plate stands before the
group. His sword is easily 3 feet long. he surveys the room with cold, empty eye sockets. Who dares disturb Sir
Keegan? I lie here, damned, having failed my sworn oath to protect this castle and teh rift inside it. What is your
purpose here?
Ravina speaks up. "To close the rift."
       [Lyranis] 10:23 pm: "Our purpose here is to close the rift."
    [kitsune1842] 10:23 pm: "We are here to stop some tosser from opening a hole in reality, you know where the
rift is to save us some time?"
[strikereternal] 10:23 pm: Dorgul stands back, happy to let Ravina do the talking
[Jayzilla] 10:24 pm: The paladin- skeleton steps forward one step. "Don't all talk at once: which of you is teh
best speaker, choose a spokesman."
[strikereternal] 10:24 pm: Dorgul looks at teh female drow expectantly
    [MarshamSane] 10:24 pm: "but serriously lodal or that drow chick..."
Ravina gives Lodal a dirty look. "Let me do the talking." Pieh] 10:27 pm: "Whatever, just do it fast."
       [Lyranis] 10:27 pm: (can I leave and ocme back? I haven't rolled higher than a 5 the last 5 rolls)
    [MarshamSane] 10:28 pm: lulz fain
    [MarshamSane] 10:28 pm: **fail
       [Lyranis] 10:28 pm: (I think my dice are broken)
    [MarshamSane] 10:28 pm: goddamn
    [MarshamSane] 10:28 pm: I haven't spelled better than 5 in the last 2000 words.
[Jayzilla] 10:28 pm: The paladin-skeleton shakes his plated helm, "Your actions show that you have more in
mind than simply protecting the world from teh dangers inside teh rift!"
       [Lyranis] 10:28 pm: Ravina gives Lodal another dirty look. "He does. I don't."
[Jayzilla] 10:29 pm: "You! he says, pointing at the minotaur. For what purpose would a group need such a brute
than to carry their ill-gained loot!"
[Pieh] 10:29 pm: "Sir Keegan, I am-" I draw my sword "Lodal, bearer of a Menelothian artifact! Heed my words,
we come oin a noble quest to seal the rift and learn more out the menelothian legends, stand aside or cut me
down"
Jax slowly pulls his axe from his back and hlds it a moment before the Skeleton. "I
am Jax, of the Minotaur clan Minos, raised by the humans of the tribe of the far north that hunts the great white
bear. I am a warrior of honor not a beast of burden. I wear no ring in my nose, I will not be lead, and you will
treat me with honor or face my blade."
Ok, backflips sound like thir worth a shot)
       [Lyranis] 10:44 pm: (I still think my dice are broken)
[istoaufrien] 10:45 pm: (ill roll backlfips and cartwheels and stuff)
istoaufrien starts rolling some dice: (1d20+12)
istoaufrien -> 1d20 (16)+ 12 (12) = 28
    [MarshamSane] 10:45 pm: LOL
    [kitsune1842] 10:45 pm: ((I liked my sudgestion, seemed more Religious type like.))
[strikereternal] 10:46 pm: (me too kit      )
       [Lyranis] 10:46 pm: "I haven't really thought about it, to tell you the truth, sir. I was taken captive and these
good beings here freed me. I want to help with their quest and I've only just learned what it was."
[Jayzilla] 10:46 pm: the paladin nods. "Fine," he says. "You have convinced me that your intentions here are
honorable."
[strikereternal] 10:46 pm: (lol convinced by acrobatics)
       [Lyranis] 10:46 pm: (There. LOL)
    [MarshamSane] 10:46 pm: "while the bard smears the rift with butter and tries to sew it together I'll figure out
how to actually close it."
[strikereternal] 10:46 pm: (lmao)
[Pieh] 10:46 pm: (You do one hell of a flip! You must be honorable!)
       [Lyranis] 10:47 pm: (ROFL Marsh)
    [kitsune1842] 10:47 pm: ((It was the triple flip in air while holding sparklers that did it.))
       [Lyranis] 10:47 pm: (ROFL)
[Jayzilla] 10:48 pm: "I cannot leave this chamber, I was bound here after I killed my own mortal body. However
this blade, Aecris, was given to me at teh tiem of my knighting by a brave king." He hands the claymore to
Dorgul. The blade has siver inlay and is beautifully etched.
[Jayzilla] 10:48 pm: the pommel is crafted to look like the head of a platinum dragon. "This blade will serve you
well in the times to come."
[strikereternal] 10:48 pm: Dorgul, taken off guard by the ancient warrior's generosity, holds the blade in his
hands and admires it for a moment
[Jayzilla] 10:49 pm: (it's a claymore +2, and has 'daily, free action, when you defeat an undead creature with this
weapon you may spend a healing surge.')
[strikereternal] 10:50 pm: Then he nods. "You were a brave warrior. On this sword I swear an oath: we shall
close this rift, and in doing so, absolve you of your fate, so that you may rest in peace."
       [Lyranis] 10:50 pm: Ravina steps forward, "Is there any way to set your soul at rest besides closing this
rift? I hate to leave you here in torment while we work. I don't know how long this will take us. Some of us are
injured and need rest."
    [kitsune1842] 10:50 pm: Jax nods and grins, "We are honored ancestral spirit. Before we go on, is there
anything you can tell us of the melorians or what we will face at the rift?"
[strikereternal] 10:50 pm: (****. yes.)
[Pieh] 10:50 pm: "If he gets the sword, I wouldnt mind peeking ion that chest for a moment"
       [Lyranis] 10:50 pm: (always the rogue LOL)
[Jayzilla] 10:51 pm: the skeleton seems to smile somehow at the many questions
    [MarshamSane] 10:51 pm: K.arcana for me to figure out who those moronians are
MarshamSane starts rolling some dice: (1d20+12)
MarshamSane -> 1d20 (17)+ 12 (12) = 29
       [Lyranis] 10:51 pm: (moronians ROFL)
    [MarshamSane] 10:51 pm: oops shoulda been +14
    [MarshamSane] 10:51 pm: so 31
[Jayzilla] 10:51 pm: "There are a few scrolls left here, search the words there and you'll probably find out much
about our history."
MarshamSane dives into the scrolls
    [kitsune1842] 10:52 pm: ((The mormons are a set of brothers that made super magic weapons that we got 2
outa 3 of))
[Pieh] 10:52 pm: (Collect the whole set!)
    [MarshamSane] 10:52 pm: "yall go on ahead I'll study here till you defeat the evil"
[General Chatter]: Max_Writer has entered at 10:52 pm
       [Lyranis] 10:52 pm: (LOL marsh)
       [Lyranis] 10:52 pm: "I think we should rest."
[Pieh] 10:53 pm: "I m injured
[Pieh] 10:53 pm: "
       [Lyranis] 10:53 pm: "As am I."
[istoaufrien] 10:53 pm: I agree, some healing is nice
[Jayzilla] 10:53 pm: "As far as I am concerned," said the ex-paladin rather softly, "I have broken my oath, slain
my beloved and even my own children."
    [MarshamSane] 10:53 pm: "no you all go ahead you'll be fine. I'm exhausted. worked too hard fighting, taxing
magic and such..."
[Jayzilla] 10:53 pm: (what other questions did you have?)
    [MarshamSane] 10:53 pm: "quiet lord soth"
    [MarshamSane] 10:53 pm: the last bit wasn't really said
[Pieh] 10:53 pm: lol Marsh
[strikereternal] 10:53 pm: (lol)
       [Lyranis] 10:54 pm: "May we rest here, good sir?"
[Jayzilla] 10:54 pm: the first scroll you pick up is a old guide on building techniques: you notice that several of
them are no longer practiced and it might be of some value if you can locate an arcitect"
[Pieh] 10:54 pm: "Youre a pretty sick dude for a paladin, i think it would be in your best interest to provide me
with the key to that chest, no?"
       [Lyranis] 10:54 pm: (Pieh wants to look through the chest.)
[strikereternal] 10:54 pm: (lmao pieh)
[Jayzilla] 10:55 pm: the skeleton nods. "I will hold these doors closed and my skeletal legion will attack any who
attempt to pass theough the corridor. you are free to rest here."
[General Chatter]: KayeoticNeutral has entered at 10:55 pm
[Pieh] 10:55 pm: (I'm willing to just put the whole chest in my bag of holding if you want, Jay)
    [MarshamSane] 10:56 pm: "Lodal, I would very much enjoy studying these texts at length"
[Pieh] 10:56 pm: "Take them with you."
       [Lyranis] 10:56 pm: Ravina bows to the Paladin, "Whatever your sins may have been, you are yet kind. I
think there is room for redemption for you yet. Uh... can you let our last party member through? He was left
behind the room we came from."
[strikereternal] 10:56 pm: Dorgul is silent at the fallen paladin's words. Apparently he is not so knightly as
expected. But certainly his soul deserves to be put to rest. Doesn't it?
MarshamSane] 10:56 pm: "they aren't mine..."
[Pieh] 10:57 pm: "You can have them, this guy wont mind."
[Jayzilla] 10:57 pm: "Oh yeah, that rat thing is in your party?" he laughs. "You bunch must be more generous
than I thought."
    [MarshamSane] 10:57 pm: "wait, we have a pet wererat?"
       [Lyranis] 10:57 pm: Ravina shrugs and chuckles, "Good comes in all packages. Even the most bizarre."
[Jayzilla] 10:58 pm: The doors open and Ulgoth stalks through.
       [Lyranis] 10:58 pm: (He's talking about the gobber)
    [MarshamSane] 10:58 pm: "oh the gobbo, yeah he prays for the monsters here"
       [Lyranis] 10:58 pm: Ravina looks for a comfortable place to rest and trance.
[istoaufrien] 10:59 pm: (are we doing anytibng else... cause i have to head to bed
       [Lyranis] 10:59 pm: (that's what I was trying to do for you Isto. LOL)
[RARA AVIS 4e of awesomeness]: kitsune1842 has left at 10:59 pm
[Jayzilla] 10:59 pm: "No, my redemption is for only Bahamut to decide. If you would be me only the favor of
collapsing in a section of these ruins so that I might pray in peace, I would be forever thankful."
[istoaufrien] 10:59 pm: (oh lol)
       [Lyranis] 10:59 pm: (oops there goes Kit. Is it time for him to go home?)
[Jayzilla] 11:00 pm: (nope, after this is a 6 hour rest so lets end it after I tell you what Marsham found in teh
scrolls. Any other questions for Sir Keegan
       [Lyranis] 11:00 pm: Ravina nods. "That we can do, when we leave."
[istoaufrien] 11:00 pm: (nope.... exp)
[General Chatter]: IceHedge has entered at 11:00 pm
[Jayzilla] 11:01 pm: Well, while the party is asking questions of Sir Keegan, Illumidan discoveres a scroll talking
about the Menelothian weapons.
[Pieh] 11:01 pm: Or Keegan can just leave...
[istoaufrien] 11:01 pm: ok.. just give me my exp tommorow. i have to disppaear
       [Lyranis] 11:01 pm: (nigh isto)
       [Lyranis] 11:02 pm: He can't leave, Pieh, he's cursed to remain here
       [Lyranis] 11:02 pm: Jay, did you tell Pieh if he could get into the chest or nto?
MarshamSane reads the scroll
[Jayzilla] 11:02 pm: Oh yeah, i'll tell you loots right before XP
       [Lyranis] 11:02 pm: looks like you get your wish, Pieh.     
[Jayzilla] 11:02 pm: It says "the splitting of the three blades from the one was the pinnacle of our societies
success with magical manipulation. The mere fact that the weapons can exist so close together is because the
very soul enegy of the Makers are entwined with the enchantments."
[RARA AVIS 4e of awesomeness]: istoaufrien has left at 11:03 pm
       [Lyranis] 11:03 pm: so are there two of the menelothian weapons in the party now?
    [MarshamSane] 11:03 pm: so they can combine together again?
    [MarshamSane] 11:04 pm: is that what I'm like getting?
[strikereternal] 11:04 pm: (yeah, lyr)
[Jayzilla] 11:04 pm: It continues to speculate on what the 'signle' weapon was or where it was found: "The
source of the item that the Makers used to split into the three blades is a matter of guessing: the Menelothians
have never been known to tell anyone why or where they got the thing from."
Dorgul, lacking any ability to absolve the fallen paladin's pain, contents himself with
admiring his new sword. "Aecris, huh.."
    [MarshamSane] 11:05 pm: "Hey guys, let me see these Megazordian weapons for a minute
[Jayzilla] 11:06 pm: "Oh, and one more thing before I rest." says the paladin after handing Lodal the key to his
chest, "There are some statues in the altar outside this room. Take one with each of you and Bahamut will
protect you from those trying to open the Rift."
    [MarshamSane] 11:06 pm: "*****ing"
strikereternal] 11:06 pm: Dorgul shoots a pointed look at Lodal
[Pieh] 11:06 pm: (So I'm protected Times SIX?)
[strikereternal] 11:06 pm: (make with the statues *****)
[strikereternal] 11:06 pm: (      )
[Jayzilla] 11:06 pm: (lol no stacking buffs...     )
[Pieh] 11:07 pm: "Oh, these things" Lodals hands them out
       [Lyranis] 11:07 pm: (Ha, good thing we took them and I kept one)
MarshamSane recoieves one
    [MarshamSane] 11:08 pm: "Come on guys lemmie see those weapons for a second, it might be important..."
[strikereternal] 11:08 pm: Dorgul pockets the statue happily
[Pieh] 11:08 pm: Lodal draws the glowing shortsword and shows it to illumidan
[Jayzilla] 11:08 pm: "Oh," says the skeleton. "You already found them. You sure are.. through for a noble group
of adventurers."
[strikereternal] 11:08 pm: (lmao)
[Jayzilla] 11:08 pm: you can tell from his tone that he'd have an eyebrow lifted if he still had one.
    [MarshamSane] 11:09 pm: "and the other one" he takes the shortsword.
       [Lyranis] 11:09 pm: Ravina sighs. "I wanted to find some of Bahamut's worshipers, if any still exist, and
pass them on to them. They would serve your god better in an active temple, would they not?"
[Pieh] 11:09 pm: "Yeah, we're pretty good. We'll get the job done."
[strikereternal] 11:10 pm: "They'll serve us better keeping us from getting killed"

Jayzilla
10-27-2009, 10:29 PM
And so the party, well rested and prepared, opened the door to the tombhe shaft of light from the dome above was dim, but the shiny enamel all around the room still maintained a healty glimmer
The hall in front of the party has a marble floor and is covered with splintered bones and broken skulls

Dorgul spares a brief glance toward the sarcophagi to reassure himself that there are no more skeletons coming forth, and then leads the way back to the corridor they came from. "So which way are we supposed to go now?"
Dorgul pauses to look around the large chamber with the sarcophagi"Me move onwards twords our target. That is what we do. Come on the rest of you. On with socks hands off...you know"
ok, you find a single, large, golden coin it looks very old and possibly valuable. <Ravina> "Whatcha go there, Dorgul? Anything interesting?"

<Dorgul> "Found a coin"
[19:18] <Lodal> "I'm an expert in coins"
[19:18] <Illumidan> "Electrum, Gold, or Platinum?"
[19:19] <Ravina> "Int'resting"
"Gold." Dorgul shrugs. "Nothing special, I guess."<Illumidan> "does one side have a jovial face, the other scary, and a hole through connecting the two mouths?" <Lodal> "Looks pretty big"
<Dorgul> "You think it's magic, Illum?" <Illumidan> "Bah, it just appears to be some damned fool lucky charm" <Dorgul> "A lucky charm, eh?"
[19:24] <Illumidan> "yeah. one that actually works" <Illumidan> "It allows one a momentary glimpse into the future, and an attempt to change the outcome once per day." <Dorgul> "Well, we'll see how lucky it is"
Ahead of dorgul loomed a dark, lightless passageway
[19:27] <Jayzilla> both sides of the passage we covered in ransacked tombs

<Ravina> "Oh great. More tombs..." <Illumidan> "yay tombs, let hurry on"
With the light from Jax revealing the dank passageways, you see that you'er at a four way intersection. To the right is the stairway that leads back up, to the left and forward you see only more bones, tombs and such
<Ravina> "You leading Lodal?" <Dorgul> "Which way?" <Jaxx1842> "Flip the coin, heads we go left, tails we go straight" <Dorgul> "Aye, that's what I was thinking I'd do" Dorgul takes out the lucky coin and flips it
[19:33] <Ravina> "Good idea. If it's lucky it should point the way." She smirks. <Dorgul> "Straight it is" Illumidan looks back "come on, ****ers."
[19:33] * Dorgul pockets the coin again

"hahahahaha"
[19:34] <Dorgul> "Looks like the wizard knows something we don't," Dorgul mutters as he follows.
[19:34] * Illumidan dislikes underground and is growing more and more manic.
[19:34] * Ravina has her crossbow out and follows the rest.
[19:34] * Illumidan shoots scorching bursts out ahead into the darkness as a form of early warning.
[19:34] * Jaxx1842 taks a deep breath and holds onto his axe, "Starting to feel nice and at home here. I say we take the next 3 rights, and then a leeft."
[19:34] <Jayzilla> As the party continues forward, after a short distance of maybe 30 feet, there is another branching passageway. your options are left into the darkenss, or straight. There is a glowing rune on the floor if you continue straight
Illumidan shoots the rune
[19:35] <Jayzilla>Illumidans magic missle hits the ground where the rune is and makes a small pock mark. No effect is seen.
<Illumidan> "Hey Rav, I dare you to step on the rune..." Ravina looks up at Ill, "No thanks. I'll pass. I don't like the look of it." <Illumidan> "double dare you."
Lodal pushes Illum onto the rune
[19:38] * Ravina smirks, "That's a little childish..." Illumidan smiles and walks onto the rune. Illumidan braces for something. When Illumidan steps on the rune, a load shrieking noise emits from the rune
When the noise dies down, you hear hungry moans from the northeast of your location.
[19:43] <Ravina> "And I think we should move FAST."
[19:43] <Illumidan> if so...
[19:43] <Dorgul> Dorgul draws his sword and starts to follow.
[19:43] * Illumidan hides
[19:43] <Dorgul> "I think he's gone insane"
[19:43] <Ravina> "We'll have to try to make him sane againt hen."
[19:43] <Jayzilla> (the rune is 10 feet long and wide, but it no longer glows after Illumidan triggers it. Marsh you're 10 feet ahead of the group
Dorgul just walks over it seeing as how it's not glowing anymore. The passageway curves toward the northeast. And so the party continued up the pathway until they saw a left turn ahead
Illumidan stayed put till the party caught up, then calmly stood up and slipped into line in front of jax like nothing happened.

The party stops as zombie noises came from around the corner. "Why are we stopping?"
[19:51] <Dorgul> "And what the hell did you run off for?"
[19:51] <Ravina> "Zombies"
<Ravina> "Around the corner. There are Zombies." she looks at Lodal "Can you open it?"
[19:52] <Jaxx1842> "Xombies? Where? I will crush them beneith my hooves!"
[19:52] <Illumidan> "zombies, where?"
(Lodal sees that there's a concealed lever right behind the zombies)
Illumidan, hearing the noise, fires of a blast of fire 'from teh hip'

25 illumidan
24 lodal
19 ravina
16 jaxx
15 dorgul

Illumidan feels his boredom welling up inside, funneling it into raw tallent, he feels a new power awaken inside him, drawing from what he has learned and experienced he unleashes an arcane torrent in the form of the wizard's staple, the fireball. something previously beyond him. ALAS! the energy still is wellijg up within him, in an attempt to siphon it to less dangerous levels he unleashes a slightly smaller explosive sphere of elec
The smaller zombies are instantly immolated by the shear temperature of the two blasts.
The remaining two zombies look rather charred but they still move surprisingly fast for such large creatures. They seem like the comglomeration of two of more corpses, and their eyes glow red with unholy energies.

<Illumidan> "Ravina, Bet you can't do something like that..."
[20:11] * Illumidan smirks
<Ravina> "I wasn't planning on doing something like that." she shrugs and gets her wand out.

lodal backs up so the others can get by and run into melee if they like and then draws his hand bow and pops a shot into biggie #1.

Ravina aims her wand at the other of the two big daddies and, tapping her food, does something bardish to them. Ravina glares at the zombie as it shudders and then blows on her wand and nods. "There. Maybe not as impressive, but jsut as effective."

Jaxx1842 's eyes gleam as he sees the undead things. Before he can move they are blasted by the wizzard's power and then attacked by the Drow and the Half-Orc. When he sees his opening the Minotaur gestures with the hand holding his axe upwards, making the deadly weapon move so that he can grasp only the base of the handle before moving in between the last of the standing creatures and swinging wildly in a long arc around himself

Dorgul steps up, intent on testing out his new blade for the first time, and stabs at the zombie with Aecris. Rotting flesh yields readily to the enchanted weapon, and the zombie, having absorbed a great deal of punishment, at last sinks to the ground.

The zombie attacked Jax, failed. Illumidan and Lodal kill it.

And so teh last zombie fell to the ground: The walls vibrate with the impacts of the creatures dead flesh.

you find that both large zombies have a heavy platinum meaddllion of some kind attached to the back of their head. When you touch it your skin tingles. They loot.

They magic secret door opens. I mean wall
[21:01] <Jayzilla> ok. your magic missile passes right through the wall
[21:01] <Jayzilla> and disappears
[21:01] <Illumidan> "its a fake ****ing wall"
[21:01] <Lodal> **** man
[21:01] <Lodal> Jay youre a tard
[21:01] <Jayzilla> (damn that took forever you you to figure out)
[21:01] <Jayzilla> what was i supposed to do, as for insight checks? lol
[21:01] <Jayzilla> *ask
[21:01] <Lodal> dont give me this newby fake wall bullshit
[21:01] <Jayzilla> lol
[21:02] <Jayzilla> just wait
[21:02] <Illumidan> lol
[21:02] <Illumidan> my impatience trumped P's thief skillz
[21:02] <Lodal> I go through the wall
[21:02] * Illumidan begins systematically dropping scorching bursts behind the 'wall'
[21:02] <Illumidan> "NOOOOO"
[21:02] <Jayzilla> As you pass through the wall (dodging said scorching busrts)
[21:02] <Illumidan> "Looooooodalllllllll!!!"
[21:03] <Lodal> "I'm fine, nigga."
[21:03] <Jayzilla> you find yourself inside a small armory.
[21:03] <Illumidan> I was using the random burst magic to soften any potential ambush
[21:03] <Jayzilla> and you are right next to 2 zombies
[21:03] <Illumidan> "oh, ok cracka"
[21:03] * Illumidan ceaces the barrage
[21:03] <Jayzilla> They're on fire from the scorching missiles.
[21:03] <Illumidan> LULZ
[21:03] <Lodal> ok
[21:03] <Lodal> i leave
[21:03] <Jayzilla> there's 2 other zombies to your left
[21:03] <Illumidan> for those of you keeping score at home; mage dumbassery 2, thief skills 0
[21:04] <Jayzilla> of the two next to you, one is in front of you and one is to your right
[21:04] <Lodal> "zombies. keep shooting."

22 lodal
20 illumidan
19 Jax
16 zombies
7 ravina

Pieh flees. Zombie #1 follows his prey with surprising speed. These zombies with mail shirts and soldier helmets are obviously a different breeed than the others

Jaxx1842 grins as he once more is called to battle with the unnatural hoards. Once more he hefts his axe so that he holds it by the very end and charges into the thick of melee with the monsters. With one of the Zombies holding an allie at the moment Jaxx rushes in swinging wildly in a long arc around himself like a whirling dervish of death. As the first Zombie dies Jaxx feels an upwelling of power with in him and pulls his axe
[21:38] <Jayzilla> 2 zombies left.
[21:38] <Jayzilla> they're next to each other
Lyr ice blasts both of them.
Illumidan spins around the corner an orb of force lancing out to strike a zombie, bursting out and slashing the second one with its burst.
The zombies slam kit. steps forwards to face the undead that still stand, Eyes narrowing he grips his axe as he swings it upwards in an attack that summons the spirits of spring and healing to give him greater power and health.

Wars are fought for it, but it can't be found in a treasure chest. It trumpets ahead of you, annoucning your presence, and remains alive long after your death.
[22:18] <Jayzilla> What is it.
[22:19] <Jaxx1842> "Glory"
[22:19] <Lodal> Minotaur wins
[22:19] <Illumidan> "Cocks"
[22:19] <Jayzilla> (that's close enough to 'reputation')
[22:19] <Ravina> "Well, that would make sense for an armory...."
[22:20] <Ravina> (All I could think of when I heard it was honor and that didn't make sense)
[22:20] <Jaxx1842> ((and makes sense that the Barbarain gets the answer without thiking))
[22:20] <Ravina> (rofl)
[22:20] <Jayzilla> The silver plaque disentigrates and the ragged, broken suit of armor magically forms itself into a new, fresh suit of scale mail
[22:20] <Lodal> Glory makes more sense that reputation