PDA

View Full Version : Everyone wish me luck...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Due to the fires we are being evacuated. Looks like the house and everything i have will be gone. Sucks to be me. :(

Arkhemedes
09-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Wow Thoth. Good luck to you and everyone in your area.

cplmac
09-01-2009, 12:53 PM
OMG! Thoth, as long as you're Ok though. If only we had enough of us closeby and the right equipment available, I could organize a unit that would be more than capable of preventing this from happening to your place. Be sure to let us know how things turn out, when you get the chance to.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Will do. Count on it. It's like a war zone here. Aricraft everywhere nearly missing each other.

cplmac
09-01-2009, 01:11 PM
...It's like a war zone here...

All the more reason why you need my butt out there.:director:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
All the more reason why you need my butt out there.:director:
I wish you were here, buddy. And so does everyone else in our neighborhood.

yukonhorror
09-01-2009, 01:39 PM
good luck. I hear the smoke has reached Denver

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Yukon. We have minimal visibility here. The have grounded the planes in our area due to winds (doesnt seem windy but who knows at altitude) but the helicopters are still doing their jobs. I even hear Arrrrrnold is in town. If he doesn't scare the fires away, then somebody needs to call Chuck Norris. Fire is afraid of getting burned by Chuck Norris.

Hoitash
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
It's good you're keeping your sense of humor. As long as you have that, you have hope. Good luck and stay safe.

Oldgamer
09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Good luck man, good luck.

outrider
09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I will chime in also. Stay safe and be packed to go.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all your spells, everyone. Seems that the winds are blowing in the right direction and we are even having a freak mountain storm brew in the distance-thanks for that GG Farcaster.

We are not out of the woods yet, as they say, but things are looking much better now.

michael
09-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I will send positive thoughts you way. Save your books!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
I will send positive thoughts you way. Save your books!
Appreciated. Would you believe i have my entire WFRP(all editions) collection in the back of my vette. Am i a true gamer, or what?

michael
09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Appreciated. Would you believe i have my entire WFRP(all editions) collection in the back of my vette. Am i a true gamer, or what?

lol

cplmac
09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks for all your spells, everyone. Seems that the winds are blowing in the right direction and we are even having a freak mountain storm brew in the distance-thanks for that GG Farcaster.

We are not out of the woods yet, as they say, but things are looking much better now.

Good to hear that the 3rd level Wind Wall spell is helping.

-Crash-
09-01-2009, 11:53 PM

Wish you luck man, some family friends. are going through the same thing.

but totally off topic...

What generation vette do you have?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Wish you luck man, some family friends. are going through the same thing.

but totally off topic...

What generation vette do you have?
1988 C4 in beautiful condition. It will be a sad day when i sell it.

Angelus_Nox
09-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Holy cow, good luck to you. All the undead I know have a susceptibility to fire, so be careful :(

traesin
09-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Good luck. If ya need anything hollar. i'm sure alot of us would help in anyway we can. I got a big couch if ya'll need it and I'm not home at night. :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Good luck. If ya need anything hollar. i'm sure alot of us would help in anyway we can. I got a big couch if ya'll need it and I'm not home at night. :)
I love Oregon. If ever i moved up there i probably wouldn't move back to California. Thanks traesin for your offer.

As luck would have it, house still exists though it does smell a little smokey.

MuslixtheMighty
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
What about Texas?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Love Texas too. The love of my life sabotaged things again so i wont be moving to San Antonio. She's been doing it for near 3 decades-bad childhood and all so I'm not surprised. My only fear is that she will grow old alone and one day wake up with numerous animals in the house and feeling like she wasted her life. Her heart is beautiful, but she keeps it buried deep within. It's to bad too, for whenever we are together things are perfect. This scares the shit out of her, always has. Yet she always seeks me out-which tells me her heart is in an eternal struggle to win. Oh well. One thing i can claim, i've never stopped living my life when she pulls this stuff (no, i don't blame her one bit. I will always be there for her as a true friend).

There are many states that i would love to move too and Texas seems the most logical. I have family there, after all. If an opportunity presents itself, i will grab it up with both hands and move.

Now, if only i can win the lottery, or even better, find some rich, beautiful, loyal nympho who wants to share her life with me. Hey, even liches can dream. I guess i can always summon a succubus, but they aren't financiall well off-their one flaw.

BTW, MuslixtheMighty, even Vermont would be nice. I guess i have just been here too long and my wander lust is getting the best of me. I need change.

mrken
09-02-2009, 12:19 PM
good luck. I hear the smoke has reached Denver

Yesterday as I was waiting for the light to change as I was leaving our neighborhood I noticed the sun was not blasting my eyes. Felt appreaciation for the break as we sat there waiting. The mountains were no longer in sight as I drove into Denver, and I heard on the radio that people with breathing problems should stay indoors and take their meds more diligently. Yeah, the smoke is on its way east. We will all feel your pain as time goes on. Hope for the best for you and all of those who are affected by the fires.

cplmac
09-02-2009, 06:20 PM
So they were able to make a stand and your place got spared? How about the neighbors that surround you?

templeorder
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Best wishes and i sincerely hope you and yours stay safe and well through it all. Keep the sense of humor...

tesral
09-02-2009, 11:19 PM
What about Texas?

Too big.

I love Oregon. If ever i moved up there i probably wouldn't move back to California. Thanks traesin for your offer.

As luck would have it, house still exists though it does smell a little smokey.

Dude that would be killing me. Smoke just does me in. The particulates and all. If I wasn't in Michigan, I would have to move here to avoid the smoke.

Still keeping the prayers going for you Thoth.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks tesral. It is appreciated.

traesin
09-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Love Texas too. The love of my life sabotaged things again so i wont be moving to San Antonio. She's been doing it for near 3 decades-bad childhood and all so I'm not surprised. My only fear is that she will grow old alone and one day wake up with numerous animals in the house and feeling like she wasted her life. Her heart is beautiful, but she keeps it buried deep within. It's to bad too, for whenever we are together things are perfect. This scares the shit out of her, always has. Yet she always seeks me out-which tells me her heart is in an eternal struggle to win. Oh well. One thing i can claim, i've never stopped living my life when she pulls this stuff (no, i don't blame her one bit. I will always be there for her as a true friend).

dude that's awesome. Like I said hollar if ya need anything Or if you're up this way.

Oldgamer
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Love Texas too.

You haven't been to DFW yet have you? I hear San Antonio and Austin are great places to live though. Working in the state for a year gave me a whole new love of small town living, I hope to never go back to DFW again ... way too many people. I visited other areas too, but they were much more rural like Wichita Falls, I had a road project up there I was running. Still bigger than where I'm living. I grew up in a town in Ohio that, after giant expansion ... only has 12,000 people in it, the town I'm in now has about 35,000.

I don't mean to insult those of you who live there now, that's probably where you grew up and may not know a different lifestyle. But I've lived, short and long periods, all over the world, especially the US ... and DFW is by far in the top 10 of where I wont revisit (this does not count 3rd world countries such as Somalia, even DFW beats Mogadishu, just as many guns, but they're far more likely to shoot innocents over there.)

Arkhemedes
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I totally understand Oldgamer. I've lived here nearly my whole life, and believe me, it's not like it was 20 or 30 years ago. This area has grown so much since I was a kid. Back in high school we used to go to school and show off our hot rods. Now, at that same high school, the kids are more likely to show up with guns and knives.

Hoitash
09-03-2009, 03:12 PM
And that is why I am going to be a professor.

Hopefully the process is reversable.

Oldgamer
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I totally understand Oldgamer. I've lived here nearly my whole life, and believe me, it's not like it was 20 or 30 years ago. This area has grown so much since I was a kid. Back in high school we used to go to school and show off our hot rods. Now, at that same high school, the kids are more likely to show up with guns and knives.

It's funny though, the people I've met on here that live in the area are great :) It's just the rest of the folks I didn't seem to care for. As far as guns go, you're just as likely to see me armed as one of them, I've had my permit to carry concealed for many years now. The past few years, no matter where I live, has pushed me to carry nearly 100% of the time away from the house (except where not allowed by law). The recession has made people desperate, and anyone wishing to rob me in any way will have to be fatally desperate :)

Hopefully the process is reversable. :clap2:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-04-2009, 12:12 AM

Hopefully the process is reversable.
I'm going that route too.

traesin
09-04-2009, 02:55 AM
I miss small town living or at least smaller town. This place is really to big for me. I got lucky though and have a quiet place to live.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I miss small town living or at least smaller town. This place is really to big for me. I got lucky though and have a quiet place to live.
Congrats on your luck.

My preference is some quiet place away from everything, but with a town or city within an hour away for when i need to get things.

yukonhorror
09-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm going that route too.

RUNN! Get away while you can. It isn't worth the preperation. :eek:

All kidding aside, I am also on my way to professorship, but after 9 yrs of school, I am still missing 2 yrs of postdoctoral work from even thinking about becoming a professor.

Hoitash
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
There's always community college. If you got a Master's their happy.

yukonhorror
09-04-2009, 11:32 AM
yeah, but they don't offer what I want to teach.

Sascha
09-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Fry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Hey, professor. What are you teaching this semester?
Professor Hubert Farnsworth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Same thing I teach every semester. The Mathematics of Quantum Neutrino Fields. I made up the title so that no student would dare take it.
Fry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Mathematics of wonton burrito meals. I'll be there!
Professor Hubert Farnsworth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Please, Fry. I don't know how to teach. I'm a professor.
Futurama, 1.11, "Mars University"

(:D)

yukonhorror
09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Fry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Hey, professor. What are you teaching this semester?
Professor Hubert Farnsworth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Same thing I teach every semester. The Mathematics of Quantum Neutrino Fields. I made up the title so that no student would dare take it.
Fry (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Mathematics of wonton burrito meals. I'll be there!
Professor Hubert Farnsworth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921942/): Please, Fry. I don't know how to teach. I'm a professor.
Futurama, 1.11, "Mars University"

(:D)

unfortunately this true at a lot of schools

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-04-2009, 01:08 PM
yeah, but they don't offer what I want to teach.
What do you want to teach?

yukonhorror
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
chemical engineering

Hoitash
09-04-2009, 01:25 PM
At least that's useful. I wanna teach history. The only people who really care about it are teachers and archivists, and that's a seperate major.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-04-2009, 01:25 PM
chemical engineering
I see your point, but they would let you teach some math, and some chemistry. It may not be chemical engineering, but it would be some of the building blocks for it.

Once i finish my MBA, i hope to pick up teaching a few classes while i continue one with another program, the next program being an MSW. Hey, don't laugh, they guarantee work, and besides, i'm good at it. I just wont tell them i have a trade school degree & doctorate in Clinical Hyphotherapy. Seems, some on the religious right frown on it from a perspective of ignorance. Whatya gonna do.

cplmac
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Thoth, does the fact that you are on today mean that things are looking a lot better in your neck of the woods?

shilar
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
WOW! stay safe and stay frosty:)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Thoth, does the fact that you are on today mean that things are looking a lot better in your neck of the woods?

Sure does. House didn't get burned up but it sure does smell smokey. Now, i'm playing catch-up with school.

WOW! stay safe and stay frosty:)

Will do. Just another reason why we Liches love to be underground-cool and non flammable surroundings.

tesral
09-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Will do. Just another reason why we Liches love to be underground-cool and non flammable surroundings.

Get stoned.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Get stoned.
Hilarious. Yout got a laugh out of me on that one, tesral. :laugh:

tesral
09-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Hilarious. Yout got a laugh out of me on that one, tesral. :laugh:

A lich in time saves dyin'.

traesin
09-05-2009, 09:56 PM
At least that's useful. I wanna teach history. The only people who really care about it are teachers and archivists, and that's a seperate major.

and Me! I love history. I study it as a hobbie.

tesral
09-06-2009, 01:21 AM
and Me! I love history. I study it as a hobbie.

"A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future." --R. Heinlein

Sascha
09-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Buffy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001264/): History stumps me. I have a hard enough time remembering what happened last week.
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, 2.5, "Reptile Boy"

Hoitash
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Do you look those up or are you like Encyclopedia TV/Movie Quotes?

traesin
09-06-2009, 09:41 AM
"A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future." --R. Heinlein
besides it's fun to spout of facts and people look at you like your a genius:D

Hoitash
09-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I know so much history and Star Wars trivia I can literally:

A) Make people's heads hurt.

B) Annoy my DM (which is very fun cuz of the reaction, though I probably shouldn't. Do unto others etc.)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-06-2009, 10:02 AM
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein

traesin
09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein
Okay I have cats and I'm a women.....Are you trying to say something?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Okay I have cats and I'm a women.....Are you trying to say something?
Not at all; i love women. :D

Hoitash
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Ditto :)

Sascha
09-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Man at Pub (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001402/): Look, are you insinuating something?
Mr. Nudge (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001385/): Oh... no... no... Yes.
Monty Python's Flying Circus, 1.3, "How to Recognize Different Types of Trees from Quite a Long Way Away"

tesral
09-06-2009, 05:26 PM

I love women so much I married one.

traesin
09-07-2009, 12:49 AM
:suspicious:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-07-2009, 12:55 AM
:suspicious:
I'm not apologizing. I do and will always love women.

traesin
09-07-2009, 01:04 AM
lol just giving you a hard time. :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-07-2009, 09:36 AM
lol just giving you a hard time. :)
I didn't take anything personal, so no worries. Just having fun in my response.

Oldgamer
09-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Do you look those up or are you like Encyclopedia TV/Movie Quotes?

She's both. She knows them and then links them ... it's eerie I know, we've discussed the phenom known as Sascha and her recollection talents :)

Sascha
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Sharona Fleming (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0775087/): How did you remember that?
Ambrose Monk (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001806/): It's a gift, and a curse.
Monk, 2.11, "Mr. Monk and the Three Pies"

traesin
09-08-2009, 03:32 AM
I didn't take anything personal, so no worries. Just having fun in my response.
Figured as much :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Figured as much :)
That's good. Sometimes it's hard to see what people mean w/o the benefit of hearing their voice and/or seeing their expressions when things are said.

Sascha
09-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Lt. Commander Jadzia Dax (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000395/): It loses something in the translation.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, 4.1, "The Way of the Warrior"

cplmac
09-08-2009, 11:41 AM
It's good to hear that our resident Arch Lich's house survived the fire ordeal. Hopefully we don't have any other members having to deal with this same issue.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-08-2009, 11:44 AM
traesin is the one that should have been thankful. I probably would have considered her offer of the couch if my house burned down.

Sascha
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM
traesin is the one that should have been thankful. I probably would have considered her offer of the couch if my house burned down.
I could see myself watching that show. Of course, we'd have to recast the lead ... Sabrina, the Teenage Lich :D

Or, maybe a remake of Barney Miller, with Abe Vigoda as "Lich." He's age-appropriate nowadays~!

tesral
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I could see myself watching that show. Of course, we'd have to recast the lead ... Sabrina, the Teenage Lich :D

I prefer girls live and squirmy.

Sascha
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I prefer girls live and squirmy.
Yes, but the joke falls flat, otherwise.

tesral
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Yes, but the joke falls flat, otherwise.

So do lich girls.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Oy... you get those from a book or something? Or did I get the wrong user with a t as it's first letter?

tesral
09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Oy... you get those from a book or something? Or did I get the wrong user with a t as it's first letter?

From the depths of my fertile imagination.

Hoitash
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM
You'd think you'd be able to come up with something that didn't make people make a SAN check :)

The world needs its bad puns if for no other reason then to make other jokes look better by comparison.

tesral
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
You'd think you'd be able to come up with something that didn't make people make a SAN check :)

If I don't twist your brain into strange new shapes, who will?

traesin
09-09-2009, 01:55 AM
LOL Hey the couch is always up for grabs. It is real comfy and huge. You just have to fight off the cats. :)

I'm very good at twisting my own brain but I like your added help.:) your very Punny.

tesral
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
LOL Hey the couch is always up for grabs. It is real comfy and huge. You just have to fight off the cats. :)

Nothing different than sleeping in my own bed.

I'm very good at twisting my own brain but I like your added help.:) your very Punny.

Then I shall pun-ish on.

Hoitash
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Seriously, my SAN score goes down every time I read those :)

Anything in Cthulu that boosts SAN?

tesral
09-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Seriously, my SAN score goes down every time I read those :)

Anything in Cthulu that boosts SAN?

You need some sanitizer. A germ free mind in 20 seconds.

Hoitash
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Hmm, tingles.

traesin
09-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Hope it doesn't kill your brain cells. But you may be dying to be pun-ished some more.

tesral
09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Hope it doesn't kill your brain cells. But you may be dying to be pun-ished some more.

His neurons off to join a ganglia.

Hoitash
09-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Huh?

If I hand sanitize my brain will that give me an immunity to swine flu?

tesral
09-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Huh?

If I hand sanitize my brain will that give me an immunity to swine flu?

Pork haps.

Sascha
09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Hogwash. The only preventative measure is a little-known Amazonian oinkment.

Hoitash
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Et tu, Sascha?

Sascha
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
You grow up with the Muppets and "Pigs. In. Spaaaace!", you pick up on porcine puns right quick ;)

tesral
09-10-2009, 03:11 PM
You grow up with the Muppets and "Pigs. In. Spaaaace!", you pick up on porcine puns right quick ;)

Swill Stroganoff in the ship's mess tonight. Unless of course the meaning of life is more important to you.

traesin
09-11-2009, 02:30 AM
does that mean we're going to pig out now? Is he serving slop?