PDA

View Full Version : GURPS Spaceships 4

michael
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM
OK, I just bought GURPS Spaceships 4. That book was supposed to contain the rules for mecha design in 4ed. They only give the rules for "space mecha" design. I haven't designed one yet. I was pretty dissappointed because it looks like their idea of space mecha design means just slapping some robotic legs on a really small spaceship.

I have not read it all yet, but has anyone tried this? Is it useful? Should I just stik to the 3ed rules for mecha design?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Is this GURPS Traveller stuff or another scifi game system with GURPS?

fmitchell
09-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Is this GURPS Traveller stuff or another scifi game system with GURPS?

The GURPS Spaceships line provides spaceship rules for any science fiction GURPS setting. With a little work, you could probably adapt it to other games as well; it's very loosely tied to existing GURPS mechanics.

I guess I can't blame them for recycling their spaceship rules for mecha, but to a certain extent a mecha really is a starfighter with arms and legs. If you don't like it, there's always building a mecha as a GURPS character with some hefty disads.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
The GURPS Spaceships line provides spaceship rules for any science fiction GURPS setting. With a little work, you could probably adapt it to other games as well; it's very loosely tied to existing GURPS mechanics.

I guess I can't blame them for recycling their spaceship rules for mecha, but to a certain extent a mecha really is a starfighter with arms and legs. If you don't like it, there's always building a mecha as a GURPS character with some hefty disads.
Good to know, thanks fmitchell.