PDA

View Full Version : P and P G overhaul?

michael
08-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Did P&PG just get overhauled? A bunch of peeps lost levels and this forum changed names!

Farcaster
08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Michael,

The forum known as "General Chatter" has been split. See this thread for more details 12633. As to P&PG experience totals, the new Off-Topic forum is not included in the post counts for experience calculation.

michael
08-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh man I bet peeps are gonna freak out when they see they lost xps!

mrken
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Wouldn't bother me a bit if I lost every xp I have here. Is just a number that says I have been around a bit. Still, there is a start date that kind of gives that away. Personally speaking, I think those who get xp from off topic posts pretty much laugh at the xp they get from it. Just gaming the system if done for the wrong reasons. Chill dude, it's not a big deal, we been prepped about it for quite a while. ;)

Dark
08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
I for one applaud Farcaster and feel that his design was a good one I have seen the post count people on many fourms post +1, me too, and so on just to rack up the count.

michael
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Wouldn't bother me a bit if I lost every xp I have here. Is just a number that says I have been around a bit. Still, there is a start date that kind of gives that away. Personally speaking, I think those who get xp from off topic posts pretty much laugh at the xp they get from it. Just gaming the system if done for the wrong reasons. Chill dude, it's not a big deal, we been prepped about it for quite a while. ;)

Ahh, I had no idea that there was forewarning. I am really new here still.

Arkhemedes
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Dark and mrken. And while I contributed a lot of the posts to those non-sense threads, it was never really about the exp pts. but rather about interacting with other people and generally having a good time. Trust me, I have spent many hours so far laughing at my computer and I would gladly do so again for no experience. That being said though, I look forward to a rapid decline in the posts people put up solely for exp. pts.

Genesplicer
09-01-2009, 12:47 AM
I understand the arguments an the reasons, but it was a rude surpise as I didn't understand what was happening. Where and when did this warning take place? I didn't see anything in the news posts on the home tab. The splittting of general chatter and off topic was mentioned, but not that it would affect xp. If there was a warning about this, could someone post a link to it. It was a rude surpise, precisly because it was a surprise.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 01:50 AM
I understand the arguments an the reasons, but it was a rude surpise as I didn't understand what was happening. Where and when did this warning take place? I didn't see anything in the news posts on the home tab. The splittting of general chatter and off topic was mentioned, but not that it would affect xp. If there was a warning about this, could someone post a link to it. It was a rude surpise, precisly because it was a surprise.
We will never understand the Gods for we have tried to do so for 1000's of years and failed. Even me, a Lich that has lived over 5000 years(the true number kept secret), and even I, with my great wisdom and intelligence has never even came close to having a clue. :confused:

I will admit this, i never cared for the realization that i am just a pawn on their grand chessboard in the sky. This is why i cursed them the only why i knew how, by becoming an Arch Lich. They will never get my soul, nevaar! :mad:

Arkhemedes
09-01-2009, 07:01 AM
I do feel for you Genesplicer. I don't know about exp point totals, but as far as levels go I believe you were hit the hardest by this. And I never saw any of it coming. Sascha I think was hit pretty hard as well. Both of you posted pretty heavily in those 'non-sense' threads. But maybe you'll consider taking up a play by post now. Just a thought. :biggrin:

michael
09-01-2009, 07:51 AM
I am trying to figure out what the xp awards for various activities are. I know you get some for posting on threads and posting new threads and blogs. I also know you get some for referrals.

I just got 18 points for making a blog entry. I will check my total after this post and see what I get for it. this is fun like exploring a dungeon to see what is around the next corner. I wonder if i will run into any wandering monsters.

***Edit***
LOL, ok this post will score zero points because it is in Off-Topic. i will try another thread.

Sascha
09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I do feel for you Genesplicer. I don't know about exp point totals, but as far as levels go I believe you were hit the hardest by this. And I never saw any of it coming. Sascha I think was hit pretty hard as well. Both of you posted pretty heavily in those 'non-sense' threads. But maybe you'll consider taking up a play by post now. Just a thought. :biggrin:
Pretty sure my attention span's too short for anything but the occasional sardonic comment ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 11:07 AM
What? No love for Thoth? He lost over 12000 xp. All i got to say is next time you guys pray for clerical spells, Thoth might just be an ass about it. Yeah, i'm evil that way.

Arkhemedes
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry Thoth, I realize you were hit hard as well. But relatively speaking...well you didn't lose two thirds (?) of your exp. like Genesplicer. Still, I realize that's not much of a consolation. :(

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I never cared anyway, but i feel cursed at level 28. LOL

I'm having a string of bad luck here so wish me luck. We just got evacuated due to the raging fires so it looks like the house and everything i own will be going up in flames. Sucks to be me.

cplmac
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
What? No love for Thoth? He lost over 12000 xp. All i got to say is next time you guys pray for clerical spells, Thoth might just be an ass about it. Yeah, i'm evil that way.

Now Thoth, I would have thought that in your lichdom, you would have long realized that the youthful generations don't think about us older ones.;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Thoth, being undead, is more worried about fires at this time. :eek:

I will tell you this, there will be a reckoning to all my followers that will even make Lolths recking to her Drow seem minor in comparison. :mad:

Farcaster
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Thoth, being undead, is more worried about fires at this time. :eek:

Hope you didn't leave your phylactery back at the house ...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
My place to hide it is even more ingenius that Arch Lich Dyrr's place in the temple of Lolth. It's safe, thanks for asking, Farcaster. Probably the only one capable of finding it and killing me on this site is a Greater God.

That being said, i hope even a Sorcerer/Psion Arch Lich such as myself doesnt anger GG Farcaster. :eek:

GG=Greater God

Oldgamer
09-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I was wondering where 3 of my levels went :confused:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I was wondering where 3 of my levels went :confused:
Aging rules went into effect. Before you feel insulted, they went into effect for me too. :eek:

cplmac
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Aging rules went into effect. Before you feel insulted, they went into effect for me too. :eek:

I see that you folks didn't read the fine print on the bottle of those potions of speed.

Oldgamer
09-02-2009, 09:10 AM

You are no longer leveled! You ... you ... you finally reach Arch Lichdom!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm loving it. I'm an Arch Lich and i can cast 10th level spells. I'd also say that i am immortal but that is a word reserved for the living.

Genesplicer
09-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Yea, I noticed Thoth had lost his level designator and gained a unique title instead. Doesn't look like he came out to bad on the deal. As for Arkhemedes, I'm not griping about how much ex or how many leveles I lost. Now that it has actualy been explained to me, I compleatly understand and accept the revision and the reasons for it. I am griping about the day or so of utter confusion I spent tryining to figure out why my acount was messed up and my status fluctuating every few hours. THAT was confusing and frusterating, and I could have easily been saved the agrivation if the rule change was mentioned in the initial news post about the update.

Farcaster
09-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Point taken, Genesplicer.

XeroDrift
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
eh, what are aging rules? Personally had more of voyeuristic relationship with site for a long time, didnt start to actually participate until recently, note the disparity between join date and level

cplmac
09-16-2009, 10:36 AM
eh, what are aging rules? Personally had more of voyeuristic relationship with site for a long time, didnt start to actually participate until recently, note the disparity between join date and level

In 2E, when one uses a potion of speed, you age by a whole year.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-16-2009, 11:57 AM
In 2E, when one uses a potion of speed, you age by a whole year.
I miss the old days of gaming, but i sadly digress.

cplmac
09-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I miss the old days of gaming, but i sadly digress.

Unfortunately, you are way across the country, cause I am sure that it would be extremely fun as well as a privledge to have a gamer like you at the table. :hail:

Windstar
09-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, you are way across the country, cause I am sure that it would be extremely fun as well as a privledge to have a gamer like you at the table. :hail:

I second that motion, Thoth you need to move to Va, so that me & cpl both have the same drive time.....
:whoo: :hail: :hail:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM

I second that motion, Thoth you need to move to Va, so that me & cpl both have the same drive time.....
:whoo: :hail: :hail:

Love to get in to a game with you guys.

Economy sucks here where i live. Currently half way through with my MBA with a 3.8 average and can't even get a bite. Heck, i'm a workaholic willing to work 12+ hours a day at a desk job. If anyone is looking for an employee and can offer me a recliner to sleep on at night, i'm there. Next week, in fact.

BTW, would love to have a weekend game going with you guys. We could have it go on for years... better yet, decades.

For some odd reason it is hard to find a steady bunch of gamers in the Inland Empire (where i live). I find that many players are usually an hour away (2-3 hours with traffic) from where i live. Sucks.

Trivia: Lived in Fairfax, Virginia in the 80's and loved it.

Heck, I'm ready to begin running old school dnd (w/some house rules, of course), WFRP (any edition) & even Traveller (D6 or Mongosse). Food for thought.