PDA

View Full Version : New Off-Topic Forum

Farcaster
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
In the past the General Chatter forum has historically been a combination of both off-topic/non-roleplaying and general roleplaying discussions. This forum is now busy enough to warrant being split into two different sections -- General RPG / Industry Discussions and Off-Topic. We will be slowly moving older posts between these two forums. So, if you're looking for a thread in the "General Chatter" forum that seems to have disappeared, you'll probably find it in the Off-Topic section.

cplmac
08-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Funny, I recall someone saying something about just this such idea on a thread somewhere within the last month or so. It will make it easier to find a particular thread now that they are split.

Grimwell
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Woot!

michael
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM
That is sweet.

**N00B OPINION ALERT****

In my opinion (fresh and new like the scent of laundry hung out to dry in the alluvian vales of Ireland) that is a great idea. I especially like the fact that off-topic posts no longer count for xps!

Why is that you ask? Because it makes sense. The level up thread - which I love dearly - is a waste of hosting space. As are the Never ending Sentence, Word Association, Ding and Thread-Jack threads. I love them all, but I am certainly guilty of posting there more for the xps than for the awesome benefit they bring to our community.

They allow peeps to come up in levels fast without really contributing to P&PG. So that is why I am happy to see they do not count toward xps anymore.

Just my opinion.

:)

Arkhemedes
08-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Noob or not, I agree, despite the fact that I started one of the above mentioned non-sense threads. The Never Ending Sentence was never intended to be an experience point booster, but rather a fun little brain teaser and a way to be creative with zany ideas. It will be interesting to see if these threads lose their popularity and if so by how much.

Grimwell
09-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Those types of threads can be fun, but I agree that it's better to have them in a forum where being waaaaay off topic is the point, and where it's focused on fun and not gaming a system.

I don't frown upon people who post in them though, they are fun at times. :)

michael
09-01-2009, 07:55 AM
I am trying to figure out what the xp awards for various activities are. I know you get some for posting on threads and posting new threads and blogs. I also know you get some for referrals.

I just got 18 points for making a blog entry. I will check my total after this post and see what I get for it. This is fun like exploring a dungeon to see what is around the next corner. I wonder if I will run into any wandering monsters.

cplmac
09-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Yes Michael, we do have a couple of Liches that can be found at various places throughout the site, as well as a few of us skeletal warriors. Then of course, you never know when you may run into the Demi God.

WhiteTiger
09-01-2009, 03:14 PM
That is sweet.

**N00B OPINION ALERT****

In my opinion (fresh and new like the scent of laundry hung out to dry in the alluvian vales of Ireland) that is a great idea. I especially like the fact that off-topic posts no longer count for xps!

Why is that you ask? Because it makes sense. The level up thread - which I love dearly - is a waste of hosting space. As are the Never ending Sentence, Word Association, Ding and Thread-Jack threads. I love them all, but I am certainly guilty of posting there more for the xps than for the awesome benefit they bring to our community.

They allow peeps to come up in levels fast without really contributing to P&PG. So that is why I am happy to see they do not count toward xps anymore.

Just my opinion.

:)

I agree with that. even though the leveling/xp/title thing is just for fun... it is nice to see at least some control in place to keep the level of abuse down to a dull roar.

cigamnogard
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Lich? Where - me - nooooooo!!!!
--- Merged from Double Post ---
:laugh:
Yes Michael, we do have a couple of Liches that can be found at various places throughout the site, as well as a few of us skeletal warriors. Then of course, you never know when you may run into the Demi God.:eek::eek:

michael
09-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes Michael, we do have a couple of Liches that can be found at various places throughout the site, as well as a few of us skeletal warriors. Then of course, you never know when you may run into the Demi God.

*Breaks out holy symbol*

*Tries not to lose control of bladder*