PDA

View Full Version : Convention Section

prinnycook
08-31-2009, 09:49 AM
I think this site should have a section that tells people about conventions. That way it is easier to find conventions in your area or other areas.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-31-2009, 10:22 AM
That's a great idea, prinnycook. Implimentation could be a challenge, though. I know Texas has something like over 14 Conventions a year, and California is probably around there too. Still, a great idea. I second your suggestion.

mrken
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Thought this was a done deal. Didn't I see here on this site that we were going to do this? I know I saw a link for a Texas site that was set up for Texas conventions, with the abilities for conventions from lesser states to be included.

Just to note that here in Denver we will have TactiCon 2009, September 3-7, 2009. That is this Thursday until Monday. You can find more information at http://denvergamers.org/ including the game book.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
If you did, then that is great news, mrken.

Farcaster
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
The ideal way to do this would be to add it to the calendar. Right now the calendar supports local area events, but not "major," events well. I'll look into getting something put together in the calendar for this.

prinnycook
08-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Also being able to section the conventions would help. Like Gaming, Anime, Scifi, Renaissance, other. That way it would be even easier to search for what you need.

prinnycook
11-19-2009, 06:24 PM
I posted an event in the community event section for February. I hope I did this right, also check it out.