PDA

View Full Version : This is real

michael
08-28-2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.alcor.org/

rylie
08-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Did you just hear about this? Because this is old news to me, people have been doing this kind of stuff for decades.

James Ruglia
08-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Hm... I'd hate to think what happens if the funding and service necessary to maintaining the frozen people were lost. I wouldn't bother; if I wanted to break things down into as simply as I could;

-The spirit world, a more generalized concept of "heaven", reincarnation, or any other process of continued life is true, and this is pointless. Or...
-We're accidents who cease to live or exist in any form after death, in which case I still find it pointless.

Ooh, it's "endorsed by clergy and theologans!" I guess if I was generically religious without any specific ideals or dedicated practices, that'd suffice.

I don't mean to rain down on your interest, however; this is primarily to obtain forum experience points, or whatever.

michael
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I have heard of this stuff for years now too. It just has such a science fiction feeling about it, that I have trouble believing it is even real.

XeroDrift
09-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Good Avatar James Ruglia, thats Squall right?

Oh and the cryogenics thing, ever watch Futurama?
--- Merged from Double Post ---

I have heard of this stuff for years now too. It just has such a science fiction feeling about it, that I have trouble believing it is even real.

"Science Fiction precedes Science Fact", also, "Truth is stranger than Fiction"

michael
09-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeah. Science fiction has precedes science fact a lot of times. Cell phones and such.