PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Star Wars game - LFP in Seattle (no system decided)

gered
08-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Unusual Star Wars game LFP in Seattle (no system decided)
I have not decided on a system, there are a lot of options but none really do Star Wars well, we can decide on the system as a group.

This will be my first Star Wars game but I have a significant amount of knowledge of the Star Wars universe and history and a lot of Gaming Experience.

This will be a masterpiece of sorts with all my story arcs in play, all my plot details worked out and music to set the mood.

The game will be unusual because I am unusual. The system doesn't matter much to me, game balance doesn't matter, player power level doesn't matter much, and I am about 75% roleplaying and like combat to flow quickly and be exciting. I love when players do something creative and kick some bad guy butt. I am definatelly not a player killer (though players have died in my games), but try to make a challenge that is real to the scene or setting.

I've been GMing that way successfully for 20 years and my players have always had good things to say.

The setting will start around 40 years After the battle of Yavin

So, if interested, post here with questions or write with interest.

Lilbnyfufu
08-28-2009, 03:30 AM
This sounds interesting and a lot of fun. I'm down for whatever system but highly recommend the old D6 system. It adds for a lot more diversity in both actions and character development.

gered
08-28-2009, 05:28 AM
The only systems I am familiar with that COULD work (in order of preference) are:
Wild Talents, GURPS, D20 Saga Edition, Diceless and Storyteller

I've never looked at WEG's D6 system, but I'll go check it out right now! :biggrin:

rocketman
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
I've got a system called Galaxy that covers any sci-fi RPG characters or even ship to ship you may wish to apply to your campaign. I also have many sci-fi figures and star wars ships. Anyone used to D&D can play with ease and not have to learn a lot of game rules.

Galaxy has Jedi, Pirate, Ranger/Bounty Hunter, Fighter, Science and Med. Prof., Pilot, Engineer character classes. Also a skills list, something RPG players love today.

The ship to ship can use any toy anyone might own. I'd love to explain. Many Star Wars toys can be used for person to person scale.

rocketman(Ray)253-854-0877:cool:

Laramon
08-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm interested in checking this out. A friend of mine is also interested in trying it out as well, though we'd prefer if one were accepted both of us are. We're both familiar with the D6 edition from West End Games and would be fine with that system. I'm vaguely familiar with Saga. Open to learning any other system however.

gered
09-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Update:

Got most of the infrastructure for the politics and people of the various factions, doing music and stuff now.

So, still not ready yet.

HumAnoyd
01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I realize this post is several months old but is there any activity for this game? Need anymore players?

gered
02-18-2010, 05:08 PM
I realize that this is a few weeks old, but here's the status.

I have been helping to adopt the Living Myth system to Star Wars, and that means play testing. It's taking a lot more time than I thought it would.

It is the best system I've ever found though. And I do not usually play fringe systems.

Anyhow, it could be a half a year. But by then I should have ALL the bugs worked out of my game and the system.

I'll keep in touch and see what you are doing then.

-G