PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 2



Windstar
08-27-2009, 09:30 PM
You still struggle to understand the nature of the Draconic
Prophecy. Moons, planes, dragonmarks—for those with eyes to
see, the Prophecy has the power to shape the future.

Your journey through the Shadow Marches has left your cloaks and armor covered in mud, your clothes soaked with sweat. The short break ye had out along the kings way did little to help improve your moods. Hungry insects buzz about you, and the air is warm and wet. Your destination is Blackroot, a village tied to the Dorrm and Veledaar clans. The sun is beginning to set when the settlement finally comes into view. Like most villages in the Marches, this small community offers few amenities and no dragonmarked house services. There is no central authority in the Shadow Marches, and the village reeve is responsible for administering justice in the local region.

Blackroot draws its name from the darkwood trees that thrive in this region, their tangled roots rising up from the soil to all sides. The ground here is relatively solid for the Marches, and the village sits atop a rocky rise. Its huts sit directly upon the ground instead of being raised on stilts above marshland, as is common elsewhere in the region. Orcs, humans, and half-orcs work together in the nearby orchards or pass along the main street. None of them seem particularly pleased to see you.

Within moments, you are approached by a lean and muscular orc. His skin is weathered, streaks of gray seen in his long black hair. He bears no weapons and wears loose peasant clothing, but he carries himself with confidence.
"Greetings," he says. "I am Toraash’Dorrm, the reeve of Blackroot. I don’t know what brings you here, but we’ve no inn, no tavern, and no time for strangers. I suggest you move on."

Tora turns toward ye, "Well Lordling here ye be, now if ye please, my 20 gold for bringing ye this far? Thank ye, well folks I am tired, wet, dirty and hungrey, I am going to find meself a nice little camping area back towards the city, mayhap I will once again see ye."

HowwwwL
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Morganna thinks to herself...

*Well, Mayor Happypants... I hope there is a place to relax around here, I am tired of trudging around... Otherwise I will be back and will use YOU as a log to sit on...*

Morganna displays a playful smirk.

mnemenoi
08-27-2009, 10:00 PM
The small kobold appears very comfortable, even awash with mud and filth. He had looked similar in the inn and the idea of bathing seemed foreign to his culture. He pulled his hood from his head and removed the bandages covering his scaled and taloned hands. He held what appeared to be a crude spear that he used to trudge along after his mistress throughout the trek.

"Toraassh’Dorrm of Blackroot knowss nothing my mistresss. Many ssecretss lie within thiss place. A housse of sslander and bigotry," as he begins to search through his decaying sack. Finding a few scraps of clean cloth he immediately begins to furiously clean his Mistress' dress and shoes of the filth she had accumulated upon the road.

"You sshall be radiant again my lady," as he kneels in the mud cleaning her soiled clothing.

HowwwwL
08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Morganna looks down to the kobold.
"Sys, you really know how to treat a lady. How chivalrous of you!"

Morganna points...
"Oh wait, Sys you missed a spot on my shoe over there..."

kitsune1842
08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
*CLANG*

Targ's hand hits his face a little harder than he ment it to as he just shakes his head while watching the antics of the Kobold and the female that he has taken to calling his Mistress. As pathetic and lowly as the kobold acts the Warforged is wondering if it is an act. After his little speach at the inn about free will he has not said much to Sys, or to anyone else really given that he is not the most talkative of people. If the little one really wants to sublimate his will to another that is his choice right? Part of free will is the ability to choose to give it up after all.

The person obviously in charge of the area just gets watched. Targ does not honestly think he would start a fight with a well armed group of strangers, but one never knows. Because he is not great with people Targ does not pay a lot of attention to the Half-Orc in charge but does look at the town he can see to see if he can see anythign that is off.


Targ rolls Perception.

TheBlackDragon
08-27-2009, 11:05 PM
After tearing the bottom few inches of her robes off to stop them dragging in the mud, Khaela watches the Orc closely. She listens carefully to his words and actions.

Insight - Sense motive/attitude
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Although still seeming entirely at ease with the group of strangers, Khaela is often seen looking to the Kobold and it's master with a blank stare.

outrider
08-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Dabril thinks to himself, what the hell did I get myself into. Im tired,dirty and have about had it with the kobold fawning all over the place. Dabril smiles and says in a sarcastic tone "Thank you for the information. I will be sure to recommend your fine town to my friends."

HowwwwL
08-30-2009, 04:33 PM
** Being disregarded due to more than one action at the same time, I know we did not do an inititive but we all know how it works, give each player a turn while in play, if it is a known noncombat situation like in the INN thats one thing, but when there is a possiblity of combat we all have to decide and do their turns in the right sequence. I will be the only one to skip players, as noted in the OOC messages. **

Now that Morganna is all clean and shiny, the thought of camping out with Tora just doesn't seem to exciting.

"Hey Toraash! Yeah, you. Listen, you are the reeve of Blackroot. You have power here. I demand you find me and my friend Sys'lex, a place to stay in town that doesn't involve sleeping on a ground..." Eldritch magic flickers in her eyes, and on her hand.

1D20+7

OOC - EDIT: oops let's try that again...

Intimidation Roll
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Okay I am gonna get this dice roller thing eventually....

One more time!
Intimidation Roll

OOC - LOL! It rolled two dice on my last post! WTF? Okay DM pick whichever roll you like, it looks like it rolled two for one and the results are polar opposites...

Windstar
08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Toraash warily looks at the Kobold and the tiefling. Turning to Dabril, "Well youngling I did not invite you here and to my knowledge neither did any of my people. Although I know it is getting late, you may stay with in the town proper if you need to."


Khaela senses that he is concerned with their arrival
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Tora hears the words spoken and slowly turns toward the Orc,
Diplomacy Check

"Grandsire, these travelers have come from afar to find an old friend, Doria Veledaar, perhaps you could direct them to her so they could complete their business"


The elder orc grimaces and point to the right :Thier house is over there, tho they have left for Sharn at the request of Doria, you may stay there if ye like"

outrider
08-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Dabril, grumbling to himself, heads off to the place indicated by elder orc. Dabril knows full well that it doesnt have any sort of running water nor decent food. Dabril says thank you in a curt sort of way.

Windstar
08-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Targ senses that the orc is not telling the full truth about Doria's family.

mnemenoi
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM
The small reptilian has no desire to stay at the shamble the filthy tusk pig offered. They raid my folk at will until we slaughter their females and children. They are best kept in line with fear and death. Never trust them and never turn your back on them.

He tugs at his mistress' fine dress, making certain to avoid besmirching it, "I will watch over you thiss evening. We musst not sstay in their filthy hovel, they are only ssetting a trap and I know not where itss kin dwell," assuming everyone knows that the only way to keep them under control is with fear.

"We sshould burn thiss hovel to the ground and ssalt the earth that nothing remainss."

HowwwwL
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Morganna quietly replies to Sys'lex...

*in Draconic*
"You are right Sys, I don't trust orcs... Especially this stinking pig of an orc who probably killed Doria's family and pissed on their rotting bodies..."

Morganna gives Sys'lex a sinister smile...
"...Sys... ...fire is my specialty..."
Morganna winks and her eye flickers.

Then Morganna looks up to the others, and smiles innocently like a nine year old girl holding her teddy.

kitsune1842
09-01-2009, 02:04 AM
Targ simply watches as Morganna gives them an innocent smile, not ready to believe it for a second. The behemoth of a metal man moves closer to her and Sys for a second, dropping his voice low enough he is fairly sure the Orc will not hear him.

"The Orcs I know are honorable people, but this one I do not trust. He has not out right lied to us that I can tell but he is holding something back."

kingbee
09-01-2009, 07:03 AM
“I do not trust these creatures. We should not take refuge in their lair,” Darren confides to his nearby companions. Keeping himself between his wolf and the Warforged Darren tries to look at ease, while inwardly he is ready to jump to action.

Windstar
09-01-2009, 07:05 AM
"Thank you grandsire, I am sure we all appreciate it and will conclude our business as quickly as possible" Tora turns and starts heading in the direction indicated by the Reeve, she notes that he does not move back the way he came, but towards the marshes.

"Why in the name of Ollarda am I staying with these lost souls, well I guess they do need someone to guide them" Tora wonders to herself.

outrider
09-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Dabril notices that nobody is walking with him. He turns at the group. Now what? what are waiting for?

Dabril looks around perception

with that he continues to walk toward the hut.

TheBlackDragon
09-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Not wanting to be left behind, Khaela continues forward with Dabril.

"Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but what exactly are we doing here?"

She walks beside the Wizard as he moves away from the others.

outrider
09-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Dabril shakes his head. I really dont know but Im still waiting to get paid.

Windstar
09-02-2009, 09:05 AM
***OOC***
***Due to the player that had some of this info being MIA, and the fact that I had assumed you all would have gotten it and more from them and me thru the game, I am posting the opening info for this adventure so that everyone is on equal footing on what brought you here and why. Originally you were asked to help a friend find a friend who had gone missing, Doria. Some of this you know but I included it to give you a better feel for the adventure***



The Shadow Marches are inhospitable at the best of times,
and your mission here has decidedly not been the best of times.
Although you have finished the business that brought you to
this wretched place, you still must make your way back home.
Fortunately, you have a friend in the region: Doria Veledaar, a
Tharashk inquisitive. Doria is visiting her family in the village
of Blackroot, and has extended a standing invitation to stay with
her when you pass this way.


Your journey through the Shadow Marches has left your cloaks
and armor covered in mud, your clothes soaked with sweat.
Hungry insects buzz about you, and the air is warm and wet.
Your destination is Blackroot, a village tied to the Dorrm and
Veledaar clans. The sun is beginning to set when the settlement
finally comes into view. Like most villages in the Marches, this
small community offers few amenities and no dragonmarked
house services. There is no central authority in the Shadow
Marches, and the village reeve is responsible for administering
justice in the local region.
Blackroot draws its name from the darkwood trees that thrive
in this region, their tangled roots rising up from the soil to all
sides. The ground here is relatively solid for the Marches, and the
village sits atop a rocky rise. Its huts sit directly upon the ground
instead of being raised on stilts above marshland, as is common
elsewhere in the region. Orcs, humans, and half-orcs work
together in the nearby orchards or pass along the main street.
None of them seem particularly pleased to see you.
Within moments, you are approached by a lean and muscular
orc. His skin is weathered, streaks of gray seen in his long
black hair. He bears no weapons and wears loose peasant clothing,
but he carries himself with confidence. "Greetings," he says.
"I am Toraash’Dorrm, the reeve of Blackroot. I don’t know what
brings you here, but we’ve no inn, no tavern, and no time for
strangers. I suggest you move on."


History DC 5: The Shadow Marches are not a recognized
nation. Rather, the Marches are an independent
territory whose established relationships with its neighbors
and the outside world come largely from the presence
of House Tharashk. The folk of the Shadow Marches have
a reputation for xenophobia, and outsiders are rarely welcomed
here.
History DC 10: Orcs make up more than half the
population of the Marches, though humans, half-orcs,
and other races also dwell here. The Shadow Marches
are composed of two distinct cultures—the orc tribes that
first settled these lands and the clans formed by later
human migrants.
The orc tribes are an insular society, though humans
and half-orcs are sometimes accepted into an orc tribe if
they can prove themselves. The tribes are territorial, and
typically attack trespassers on sight. Thankfully, their territories
in the central Marches see few visitors.
Closer to the outer edges of the Marches, mixed clans
of humans and half-orcs are more accepting of the outside
world, mostly through their association with House
Tharashk. The clans have more in common with the
folk of "civilized" Khorvaire than do their kin in the
orc tribes, and they demonstrate a greater level of trust
toward outsiders.

Windstar
09-04-2009, 07:36 PM
As you makeyour way towards Doria's house, you notice that the townsfolk are tense and slightly hostile. But you sense it is not directed at the party. As you near her house you notice the door is slightly ajar.

**Need Arcana, Perception, Streetwise and Insight checks from those that have them, if they are a untrained class skill you get a -2**

Tora's checks:
Perception

Insight

Arcana

Streetwise

HowwwwL
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
*OOC - Sorry Windastar, ignore my previous post and use this one...*

Morganna walks with Sys'lex in the direction Toraash pointed. She noticed the door ajar. "Sys, looks like we might get some action today after all..." (Perception)

She noticed a townsperson closeby. "Excuse me, have you seen anything odd around the house up ahead?" (Streetwise) She looks intently on the townsperson's body language as she speaks. (Insight)

As she closes in on the door, the hairs on the back of her neck start to stand up. "Sys'lex, something doesn't seem right..." Morganna concentrates on the house, trying to sense the presence of Magic within..." (Arcana)

Perception
Streetwise
Insight
Arcana

Windstar
09-04-2009, 08:33 PM
The lady you ask turns to you in common "No I haven't, I mind my own business and ye may do well to do the same"

She seems very tense as she goes on and though the words have some sting to them you can tell it is not directed at you.

kitsune1842
09-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Targ follows along with the others silently reaching back so that one of his hands is on his axe in case he needs to bring it to hand quickly. He is not good with people, and the sum total of his arcane knowledge is that he was made with magic, so he keeps his eyes out for other things going on as opposed to watching the people.




Perception

TheBlackDragon
09-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Khaela pauses in the street, observing the people around the group and the house in front. Trying to get a sense of the crowd's mood she doesn't actually speak to them, only observing from a distance all that she can see. (Perception) (Insight) (Arcana) Skipping Streetwise

Perception
Perception
Arcana

Windstar
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Tora makes a trip around the house, pausing every so often. She returns to the group, "There does not seem to be any signs out here of foul play, other than the door ajar."

As you made your way to the house you notice there are a number of empty houses standing within the village. Morganna senses an ambient aura of mystical energy surrounding the village and recognizes a powerful concentration of arcane energy somewhere within the area though she can not pin point the exact location. The party overall has the distinct feeling that there is more to Blackroot, Doria and her families disappearance meets the eye. Many of the residents are fearful of something and the tension is not just from your arrival, it is as if anticipating some imminent challenge or threat.




Morganna needs to do another Arcana skill check in order to sense the direction in which the arcane energy is flowing from.

HowwwwL
09-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Morganna speaks, "I sense a magical presence here... Be wary."

Arcana

outrider
09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Dabril looks at the wariness that his comrades are showing. Shakes his head, prepares a magic missile spell and opens the door preparing to jump back.

jumps back
athletic

TheBlackDragon
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Khaela stays back a distance from the house, leaving the more combat seasoned to enter first and see if there's anything out of the ordinary about this place.

She continues to look all around, constantly focusing on random people in the area as if studying them.

"I'm not much of one for arcane magic, only what I've studied about it from books... what I do know is a concentration of arcane energy around a run down house isn't a natural occurrence, someone drew the energy here. Be cautious."

kingbee
09-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Wary of the situation Darren follows along. In elvish he tells Deacon, “Check it out.” The Red Wolf circles the party smelling the air and ground for anything strange.
*perception check Deacon*
Darren looks at his cautious friends and for the first time realizes there odd combination of powers. Calm returns to him as he is reminded of the fact that most creatures prefer easy prey and they would be anything but. Any attack against them here would be met with enough force to tear much of this village apart. Darren smiles to his nearby companions, then scowls trying to look as imposing as a 4”1’, 85lb Halfling can.

(occ not sure of Deacons Perception bonus, Just that he has the skill)
Deacon perception

mnemenoi
09-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Sys'lex follows closely behind his mistress while trying to avoid tripping her. He knows little of the arcane secrets of the universe and can only hope that his mistress will drown whomever is working against them.

"Sshow them to fear uss misstresss, they only know fear," as he grips his crude spear that is bound in untanned hides. Should anything reveal itself he will not hesitate to plunge it through them.

kitsune1842
09-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Targ nods at the others, and remains weary of any danger that may come thier wway from the house. "Be careful, animals are at their most dangerous when afraid."

The Warforged knows nothing of the arcane arts, but he does understand nature.

Windstar
09-11-2009, 06:27 AM
As you all gather at the door, Deacon becomes nervous, not hostile just seems more cautious than usual. Dabril flings back the door, waiting to see if he needs to jump. A low rasping sound wafes from inside as the door hits something heavily.

Party Perception

Tora waits a few seconds, ensuring the door remains open, she then slowly moves into the house.

Stealth
Active Perception

As she moves into the house she seems to just blend into the shadows. Just before she completely disappears you see her pointing down to the floor behind the door. Deacon begins growling lowly as he looks around the the area. Need an active skill check from each, ie perception, insight and any other skill you feel appropriate, also need a Initive roll from each.

kitsune1842
09-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Perception
Inititive

As Tora points at what ever it is in the house and Deacon suddenly starts to growl the Warforged pulls his axe out. "Tora, what do you see?"

Windstar
09-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Tora calls out softly "Body behind the door" in answer to Targs query.

Toras Initiative Roll

Another low groan emanates from the doorway.

Paro's Perception Roll

outrider
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Dabril steps back and tells the warforge, After you big guy. he is holding his spell

Dabril steps back gracefully

initative

HowwwwL
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Perception
Initiative

Morganna clutches her quarterstaff in anticipation...

kingbee
09-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Darren strings his bow and pulls an arrow high in his quiver, while stepping back into the shadows.

TheBlackDragon
09-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Khaela moves to the back of the group as much as she can. Waiting patiently for any sign of danger.

Initiative

Perception

Windstar
09-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Tora waves the party into the house, "It is clear within friends, except o'course the body groaning behind the door. It looks ta me like he was struck by the door when it was flung open from outside." She pulls the body out into the middle of the room, searching and removing weapons from him. After ensuring he is unarmed she takes her waterskin and pours it in his face.

Spitting and flinging his head back and forth, the lad sits up gasping for breath and grasping for his weapons at the time. After a few disorientated second he looks around.

"What the heck is going on?" he blurts out, soon as he can breathe again. Looking around at you, he calms down instantly, looking at the warforged, "Umm, ye haven't killed me? I can see me weapons, .... ye are not here to kill me Mistress or her family, are ye?"

Tora Perception
Paro's Insight

Looking around the house you see that there was a brief struggle and that it was poorly covered up, furniture hastily put back together and drops of blood in the floor. Tora finds a necklace with its leather cord snapped as if by force. It is a pendant formed from strands of volcanic glass set around what looks like a mummified eye. Targ also finds the tip of a dagger broken off, that seems to be made of the same volcanic glass.

Someone needs to do a Religion check for me.

TheBlackDragon
09-12-2009, 11:28 AM
"You're disoriented and confused, you need to lay still and calm yourself. When you're ready, tell us what happened here."

Khaela moves to the man's side, attempting to ease his pain. She keeps a keen eye on his behavior as she tends to him.

She also glances at the symbol, trying to recall it's significance.

Heal
Insight
Religion

mnemenoi
09-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Sys'lex watches closely about the darkened home for any other surprises. He shifts to the darkened areas in the corner, attempting to be unobtrusive. This male certainly knows what had transpired here, unless he had become so addled with drink as to become incoherent.

At the sight of the cord, his reptilian eyes focused sharply. "Visionss of obssidian gosssamer veiled in darknesss, they have tassted of the flessh of decay..," to his mistress in the common tongue.

Religion

DM's Edit for inititive roll
Sys'lex's Init

Windstar
09-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Paro's init roll, now that he is awake. DM's rolling for him....

Pearo's Init Roll

outrider
09-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Dabril steps outside to look around.

perception
Dabril scans the area

kingbee
09-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Not wanting to crowd the injured man Darren and Deacon head out to check around the outside of the lodging for signs of the attackers trail.

kitsune1842
09-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Tag finds the dagger tip, and studys it for a moment before handing it off to one of the others. "Find who his mistress is, and who took her if he saw. I will see if I can find any sign of a trail away from this place."

Perception
Nature
(OOC: SOrry, was not sure which roll I would need for this so I did both.)


That said the Warforged leaves along with Dabril and Deacon to look for any signs of a struggle outside, or signs that someone might have been drug off from the house.

Windstar
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
As Khalea tends to Paros he tells them "I am Paros Goodearth, Guardian Son of House Deneith, assigned to guard Investigator Doria Veldaar while she is home visiting as requested by her Clan." He calms quickly, continuing "I had heard a noise at the door, when I approached, it flung open knocking me to ground then I heard something and all went black till you soaked me with the water." He slowly stands and takes stock of himself, satisfied that he is all there, he thinks 'Now for my weapons' he turns to Tora in askance "M'lady, may I have my weapons returned so that I may find my Mistress?"


As Tora finishes her search of the house, staying back allowing Khalea to finish "You have them when the group deems it acceptable, 'til then just relax." To the rest of them "Well I can't find anything clue as to who or what did the snatching, they did a good cover up except for leaving him alive." She then hands Paros's weapons to Targ, "Here Khalea, please hang on to these till the group decides to give them back?" She turns and walks out of the house looking around at the towns people passing by almost but not completely ignoring the group.


Tora Streetwise Check


Morganna again senses the magic aura and the direction it comes from, tho she still cannot identify it. She looks at the pendant senses a religious aura but can not identify the source.


Khalea senses that Paros is being 100% honest with them and senses his need to fulfill his task. She also senses something with the pendant but can not identify it either.


As Darren, Deacon, Dabril and Targ finish their circle of the house, having only confirmed Tora's assessment that there was no forced entry, they gather just outside the front door as Tora exits. Then as they start to determine its direction an elderly orc approaches the three of them.


His skin is weathered and he’s lost his teeth and tusks, but his eyes are sharp and strangely focused. "It’s the Harvest," he mutters. "Sowing the new crop. This night, with three moons in the sky and darkness below. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll be out of here before it comes for you, too."

Right after he speaks his eye become rheumy and he seems to sag a little as if he had been held up with in by something. He looks at you all and walks away, nothing you say or ask gets a rational response from him, he just looks at you as if you have three heads denying he said anything to start with and claiming he knows nothing.

As he leaves Deacon finds a blood trail in the dirt pointing it out Darren, it is heading in generally the same direction as Morganna indicates the magic aura is coming from.

Fly by Knight
09-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Paros observes the transfer of his effects to Cleric Khalea, and watches as Tora turns and walks out of the room.

He smiles and shakes his head, in disbelief of what has transpired and his allowance for it to happen.

He gives a slight bow to Khalea "I thank you for your medical attention, and in order to keep the peace between us, I will allow you to hold my weapons temporarily". With that he looks up and smiles and the Cleric.

Paros stands and looks about at those in the room.

"Now, who are you all, why are you here, and what do you know of my Mistress' whereabouts?"

Paros is 5'10 and has tanned olive skin. His eyes are blue. He wears chain mail armor and his effects seem to point towards what would outwardly be a fighter. The effects held by Khalea are simply two short swords, and no more.

Paros Perception
Fly by Knight rolls some dice

HowwwwL
09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Morganna says, "The magical aura I am sensing leads in the direction of the blood trail, maybe we should follow it?"

outrider
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Dabril says, sure lead on chief. And waves his hand in direction that he thinks morganna is going.

TheBlackDragon
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
"I personally know very little, I'm almost as new to this as you are. The Wizard seems to be the organizer here."

Khaela awkwardly holds Paros' weapons, barely knowing the hilt from the blade.

"I'm sure we can help you, there seems to be a trail of blood and magic starting from your front door. I'd assume the trail will take us to whoever was kidnapped from your home."

No longer distracted by the events around her, she turns her eyes to the Kobold, hearing him speak in common, and speaking as if with first hand knowledge of something greater than himself.

Her eyes narrow as she steps closer to him. Her lips don't move, to all she is simply staring at the creature.

"What did you say? you speak common, tell me what you know of this trinket. You need not be afraid little one, any information you have can help me... us in our goals." She speaks only to the Kobold and only into his mind, his deliberate thoughts can be "spoken" back to Khaela when she connects in this manner.

She stands idly in the center of the house, waiting for the group to act as a whole.

Fly by Knight
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Paros looks to the others in the room, and sees very clearly that there is no essence of a team here. While a fully armed group of individuals stands about, his mistriss is further and further away.

Looking to the blood trail, his heart beat quickens. He now sees the true gravity of the situation and time is of the essence. If this is her blood, there is enough here to cause serious damage if not death if she is not tended to.

While Khalea looks to the Kobold, Paros picks up his travel pack and quickly aproaches the Cleric.

"I know not who the woman was that told you to hold my weapons, and I know not who the wizard is. What I do know is that this group is wasting time milling about in my Mistress' home. I still wish no pain upon you Khalea so I am going to check out this blood trail, if it leads away, I will be back for my effects, approved or not."

Paros turns and begins following the blood trail. Slightly shaking his head as the cobwebs begin to clear.

TheBlackDragon
09-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Still waiting for the Kobold to reply, Khaela again uses her telepathic link to speak directly to Paros as he leaves.

"I'll not stop you if you want your weapons, I trust I'm not the one you're after. Although to keep everyone on the same page you may have to "remove" them from my possession which shouldn't be difficult."

kitsune1842
09-15-2009, 07:26 PM
As Paros starts to move the Warforged's axe swings to block his way for a moment. "Brave as it is to walk into the unknown without weapons, it is the aciton of a fool." Given that the weapons were in fact given to him to safe gaurd Targ returns them to Paros.

"We waist time here, if the blood belongs to the woman that was taken then she needs be rescued soon, and if some foul magics really are being used in that direction then we need to hurry. The old man said this is part of some harvest tonight, so I say we press onwards fast and put a stop to this before there are three moons in the sky. What ever this is about, we will be best served if we find and confront it first, before it can come for us. Yes?"

Targ finishes what is for him a long speach, and may well be more than all he has said to the group combined so far and waits for a second to see if anyone else agrees with him and will follow behind him and Paros before he starts to follow the trail.

Fly by Knight
09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
As Paros faces the Cleric, he hears the voice in his head. He tilts his head, smiles, and nods. Then turns to locate the blood trail again.

A few steps brings him to an abrupt halt, as a large axe blocks his path.

Paros listens to Targ, nodding in agreement all along, and then takes his swords and returns them to their rightful place.

"Well spoken, I could not agree more. I see our paths have crossed for a reason, and while I know not yet all of your names, I will soon enough. We have been given an opportunity to nurse from Olladra's bussom, come let us make haste."

Paros steps out of the door, looking about, then back down to the blood trail.

kingbee
09-15-2009, 11:02 PM
100 paces down from the door Darren waves impatiently to his companions, “come on.” Deacon is already a ways past him, nose to the ground following the faint blood trail. Darren turns back to the red wolf and calls to him in elvish. Deacon stops, looks up anxiously, and gives a high pitched bark. With one more quick glance back to his new friends, Darren races to catch back up with Deacon.

Windstar
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Thus, with the party all following the blood trail chapter 2 has come to an end. Characters receive 175 xp each, except Paros who receives 50, Gahr and Rillian who receives 0. Doing good guys, keep it up. Chapter 3 will be posted soon.