PDA

View Full Version : SW Knights of The Old Republic: Dark Vendetta

russdm
08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
This is both a live game and a play by post one. Just a heads up for people.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic

Dark Vendetta

Twenty-Five years have passed since the Jedi Exile defeated the Sith Triumvirate and the Sith Empire collapsed. With the Sith leadership gone, the Sith Empire fell quickly beneath the Republic's campaign. The Republic has rebuilt itself and the state of the galaxy now suggests that the future will be glorious.

Several events have happened that suggest dangerous times lurk ahead:
2 Republic ships on patrol in the Outer Rim have just vanished; the Jedi Order has lost contact with its Enclive on the planet Daran; Senator Jens Karoda of Dantioone has gone missing.

Worried about what this events might portend, the Jedi Council arranges to send some Jedi onboard a Republic ship heading off to investigate what happen to the two vessels. The ship, Dauntless, has dropped out of hyperspace above the Outer Rim planet of Mandarin, a vast trade hub world linking some space lanes...

Campaign Rules:

32 point buy

Races not allowed: Ewoks, Gungans, Cereans, Any races that have not yet made contact or are a current part of the Old Republic during this period, check this on wookiepedia or the starwars.com databank

Books I own: Core rulebook, KOTOR campaign guide, Clone wars campaign guide, Starships of the galaxy.
You can use anything from a book i don't own, but i need to know the details about that thing since i won't be able to look at it.

Game will start online in a couple of days; live game will start once i know how many people are interested so i can plan a day for a first session.

Rochin
08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
How often you looking for postings? I was in a Saga game a while back PBP and it was great. Just let me know. I am game for sure! Matter of fact I will work on a character right now!

MarshamSane
08-26-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm so down, can't wait for this. making character as we speak.

Dytrrnikl
08-26-2009, 04:34 AM
Russ, I'm on board for this one as a PBP. I'll submit my character to you in a day or two.

Rochin
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Ok I have a few character ideas, so I think we should discuss what we would like to play, so we do not have copys of characters. What are everyones ideas. I am leaning towards a noble that as a profession is a Doctor. Not sure what race yet.

MarshamSane
08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
(I assumed tha partw was going to be the party of jedi on the ship, Dauntless, mentioned in the first post.)

I'm thinking Ithorian Jedi.

Str 8
dex 14
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 16
Cha 14

(ability scores are pre-modifyers)

Gunna go with the methodical problemsolver/ 'gentle giant' type of character.

russdm
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
(I assumed tha partw was going to be the party of jedi on the ship, Dauntless, mentioned in the first post.)

I didn't know if anyone was going to make a Jedi when I posted, so I included the possibility. The party does not have to be made up of entirely Jedi.

Another note: I am adding Cereans to the allowed races list since they would be in the galaxy after all.

Rochin
08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
I didn't know if anyone was going to make a Jedi when I posted, so I included the possibility. The party does not have to be made up of entirely Jedi.

Another note: I am adding Cereans to the allowed races list since they would be in the galaxy after all.

Awesome, I will have a character PM'ed to you by tomorrow morning.

amardolem
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
How many do you have so far? I would be into trying this if there's room (it'll help my own campaign (live tabletop) immensely to have actual time on the rules. I would lean toward a human scoundrel, a sort of black sheep son of a prominent, if slightly dishonest merchant. Is there any new classes in the KOTOR guide? races? I was going to get it anyway, so this just gives me an excuse :biggrin:

If your full up, NP, have fun...I'll keep tabs on the PBP part anyway.;)

russdm
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I currently have 3 out of 6 players. So there is room for you.

amardolem
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM
I suppose when I finish I'll likely attach the character sheet to a PM. I'm fond of the excel self calculationg sheets, I'll have to look around for a SW one

Or would you prefer posting in the game group?

russdm
08-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Posts in the game group more than pm since i wont always save the pms.

Rochin
08-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Character posted.

russdm
08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Only 3 of the three/four players saying they would play have posted their characters. Until you have posted your character in the thread, you are not considered in this game.

russdm
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
So I have room for two more in this game. The game will be starting later today, so try to have your character posted before then.

Eryiedes
11-13-2009, 01:39 AM
I am interested if there is still space and opportunity.
I only joined a few hours ago so I will need a bit of help...
I love all things KotOR....my last KotOR game was essentially Tag & Binks during the Mandalorian War.
Reply here or by E-mail.
Thanks for your time.

Peace & Light
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Class: Scoundrel
Level: 1st
Race: Human(Serroco)
Str: 12(+1) Spd(6 Sq) HP(19)
Dex: 16(+3) Reflex(15) FP(5)
Con: 13(+1) Fort(11) DSP(-)
Int: 10(-) Will(12) DP(?)
Wis: 13(+1) Ini(+8) Per(+1)
Cha: 14(+2) Base Atk(-) Grp(+3)
Feats:
Bonus Racial(Quickdraw)
Class(Point Blank Shot/Sneak Attack)
Weapons(Simple/Pistols)
Skills:
Acrobatics(18)
Initiative(18)
Persuasion(17)
Stealth(18)
Mechanics(15)

Only 2 Questions.....

Whats the equipment budget?
Are we allowed Destinies?

russdm
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Euipment budget is max starting credits. You should post your char in the thread for that in te pbp area. You can have destinies.

Eryiedes
11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I am very new here....I have no idea what "te pbp" means...but I will look

Turk
12-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Been a long time for me but if you are still looking for players and dont mind doing a bit of hand holding till I get back on my feet id be interested.

Llayne
12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Same here, some SW RP would be great if you still need players.

russdm
12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Since it appears the other players have effectively dropped out, You can join up then.

Llayne
12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Eryiedes, were you still interested in playing? What did you see your character as? Scoundrel covers a lot of territory. Turk, what were you interested in?

russdm
01-12-2010, 05:53 PM
go ahead and get joined up if you are going to.

russdm
05-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I am putting up a call for players again. I have only one playing here. So i have 4 slots. I will have this open until noon saturday May 8th. After that, the game will be discontinued.

To be counted as being in, you need to have a finished char sheet (you can still be buying equipment) to get a slot. Slots are given to players with characters ready to go, (if equipment is not done, its fine but everything else needs to be finished).