PDA

View Full Version : New Rebellion Era Star Wars Campaign Looking for Players

ColonelGraves
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Greetings, everyone,

I am planning on starting a new Star Wars campaign, set in the Rebellion era. The goal of this campaign is to recreate the feel of the original trilogy. There will be heroes, villians, superweapons, epic starship and starfighter battles, as well as the opportunity to play a vital role in taking down the evil Empire and making the galaxy safe and free once again.

This campagin is not going to be my story- it will be yours. Character backstory will play a huge role in determining the campaigns storyline, and will be developed with the help of me, the GM. Players will be challenged with people or events from their past, and will be awarded for coming up with a good backstory. In fact, the player whose backstory impresses me the most will be awarded with a coveted prize- the ability to become a user of the Force.

Don't be distressed by the 75% Roleplaying listed above- It merely reflects my comitment to be true to the world and feel of Star Wars, and not to randomness like a party made up of entirly Ewok Jedi. (Not to self- use for next campaign) I am happy to work on backstory and roleplaying with any player who wants to join the campaign.

As for meeting times, I don't really have any plans as of yet. That will be determined by when everyone is available.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here, or send me a PM.

sgazer1
08-25-2009, 08:06 AM
I read about your new star wars campaign and liked the premise. Wondering when you would be running the game as my Fridays and Sundays are currently taken.

Law Dog
08-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd be interested depending on the day. Currently playing from Noon to 5:30 on Saturdays in Chandler.

praksis
08-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Sounds quite interesting to me, I'd certainly be up for a roleplaying heavy star wars epic. Like the others will depend on the timing, currently Wednesday & Saterday are unavailable.

squidyak
08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
What game system will you be using?

Nevermind, had a bit of a Gungan moment. Have you decided what planet the game will start on?

ColonelGraves
08-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Glad to see some interest! The planet we will start on will be determined by storyline factors in relation to all of your characters origin stories. So, basically, it's up to you. I want to hear what you guys have in mind for your characters joining the rebellion before I make a final decision on how the campaign will start.

If you have a planet in mind, let me know- that way, it can help guide other peoples decision in regard to their own backgrounds.

In addition, I am considering having a sort of 'action start', whereby your chracters, or at least some of them, start the campaign already knowing each other and we deal with origins through flashbacks, or sessions not invovling the entire group. So, if you have a character idea that would only join the rebellion if there were certain circumstances met on certain planets, we can accommodate you.

As for the question of when, I am free on every day but Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Sounds like weve got Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays taken. That leaves us only Mondays and Tuesdays. For the players I have who might join, Tuesdays are difficult, which only leaves Mondays, although Tuesdays are fine with me.

So, are Monday afternoon/evenings good for people? Perhaps 5:30 or 6:00 until however late we can go? If enough players from this site join, I can screw my other group and we can start earlier in the afternoon on Tuesdays, if lateness is a concern. I know I've got a heavy class load on Wednesdays, but I am willing to give it a go.

If I had my druthers, though, it would be on Friday or Sunday, although I know Sgazer mention that he was busy. Ideas? Also, those of you who expressed interest may be getting a PM shortly. If anyone has any ideas for their characters as well, feel free to post them here or PM them to me for discussion or approval. We can of course have a character meeting before our first session to work them out, but since I am tailoring this campaign to your characters the sooner I know, the better.

squidyak
08-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Well, if this campaign is on Monday I unfortunately have to back out. The only days i have available are Friday and Saturday.

sgazer1
08-27-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm open to either mondays or tuesdays, just needs to be after 5pm. As for a character, I was thinking about playing a former stromtrooper, possibly a post Order 66 Clone Trooper.

Law Dog
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Mondays after 6 would work for me. Fridays after 6 would work for me, also.

I was thinking of the brother of a Jedi who was killed by Order 66. He's initially no hero, just an ordinary guy who is trying to do the right thing. He can see the Empire for the evil entity that it is and it must be stopped.