PDA

View Full Version : New 3.5 Campaign in Norristown, PA

assassinanny
08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm going to be starting up a new 3.5 campaign in a custom world. It will be heavily reliant on role-playing, but you can expect to see combat each time we sit down at the table. Ultimately, the amount of combat will be entirely up to the players and how they choose to handle situations. It's a fully-realized plot...I've been working on it for a while now, and am really excited about getting it started. Right now I have 3 players, but I would really like 5. We'll be starting at level one, and I expect it will take the PC's through level 20 or so. I'm a very laid-back GM and am hoping to find some similar players; the three players I have now are great, and we're looking for folks that will just have fun with it. We'll be playing every-other Saturday from 1-6 or 7ish. The actual hours are fairly flexible, we can work around people's schedules to an extent. The game will happen at my house in Norristown PA. Smoking has to be outside, but as I'm a smoker myself there will be occasional smoke breaks to accommodate. We do enjoy the occasional beer, so please be 21+...I don't want to go to jail for contributing to the delinquency of a minor :)

Zoraknasha
08-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I've been looking for a good 3.5 game. I would be interested in playing. What is the setting, class and race restrictions? will you be using special rules like the ones found in the Pathfinder rpg, or will you stick with the normal D&D 3.5 book? What other requirements do you have for players, and how soon will you be willing to start? Also, can you tell me a little bit about the world, and what the other classes the other 3 are playing?

assassinanny
08-25-2009, 07:58 AM
No special rules, just your standard 3.5. Players may play any race they wish, though I want them to really spend some time thinking about thier background and why they would be on this adventure, and that will be more difficult with some races than others as the plot takes place in Elvish and Human lands. I am sending you a pm with the overview of the campaign plot and where your characters will be starting out, it's a bit long to post here, but anyone who wants it, just drop me a line. My only PC requirement is that I don't allow evil characters. Chaotic neutral is fine if you can play it well but in a game like this (with heavy roleplaying and a strong political plot line) an evil PC will make the game un-fun for the other players. I'd like to get started either this saturday or next, but it depends on if I have enough players. Of the three players I have now, 2 are very experianced roleplayers, and one is shiney and new. I'm really excited about haveing a brand new player and that is why we'll be starting at level one (I normally start groups higher but I really want her to get the chance to play it through from the first level). All three of them are great people and tons of fun. The four of us are fairly laid back and we're looking for 1 or 2 more players that are going to have a good time with it and not take the game *too* seriously. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Zoraknasha
08-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Ok assuming that I'm invited to play, can I use the point system to roll my stats or should I just wait? Also are we all looking for group balance, or are we choosing whatever we want to play? I'm kinda excited with the prospects of playing, so I'll roll up a character now. I can send you the stats directly and see how that works out for you.

assassinanny
08-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey folks,

I got so many more responses than I expected for this game! I really appreciate everyone that emailed me but I have now added two players, and don't have room for anymore presently. I will let you all know if a spot opens up. Thanks again and I wish you all the best!