PDA

View Full Version : New Campiagn in Delaware

dracosian23
08-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Hello. My name is Todd Hebb. My brother Brian and I are looking to start a 2nd edition campaign this September. I'll be Dungeon Mastering as usual. The planned start date is Saturday September 27th. We'll create characters that day and start adventuring. In addition to the Players Handbook, we'll use the Complete book series for character creation. This includes the Complete Book of Humanoids. If you don't have a 2nd ed PH, don't worry. I'll set you up with one. Just let me know a two weeks before the campaign starts.

The world isn't finished yet. I do like character development and love characters with goals I can hang stuff on. I tend to the High Fantasy end of the scale with epic story lines. I will post more info about the world as it makes itself known.

The world has a history divided into five ages. The games starts in the 3rd year of the Fifth Age. The Dragon Empire's Supreme Theocrat's announcement of the rebirth of Fireheart, the red dragon founder, ruler and god(?) of the Empire, started the Fifth Age. In the three years since, The Empire has reconquered the homeland of the Empire and is looking towards the heart of the continent once again. As the waning years of the Fourth Age saw great instability in the political lives of nations on Varas, there is no single nation that can stand against the Empire. Will the Flying Dragon banner wave over the continent of Varas as it did for much of the Third Age?

Meanwhile, the Fandath Peninsula is being resettled. A rugged frontier on the northeast of Varas, all sort of opportunities are arising. None of the Great Houses of the continent are involved in the settlement which some people hope spells a more peaceful exsistence. Some Minor noble houses are settling with several trade Houses.

Starting point is a small town north of the only major city on the Fandath Peninsula. Crivin's Cove is the name o the town and the city is Saranto.

Jeradin
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds interesting, I'll send you a message with ways to contact me.

dracosian23
08-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Brat.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
I'll see you on the 23rd Jeradin
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Switching to Saturday opened up more people.

dracosian23
08-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Maybe we need to rethink 2nd Edition.

dgwoller
08-27-2009, 09:06 AM
I may be interested in the game. I live in Delaware, so actually either night will work. I have not played much AD&D, although I have played a variety of other games, but not for several years. What is the background of the group so far? Age, experience playing, etc?

dracosian23
08-27-2009, 02:46 PM
So far, only Brian and I are committed. Brian turns31 in 5 days and I'm 45. Don't worry about not having played it much or recently., it has been 9 years since we've played. As far as experience , I've DMed for 29 years more or less and Brian has played for 15 years. We play for fun and to be with friends but tend to get really involved in campaigns. Anymore questions, just pop a message to me.

dgwoller
08-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Sounds good. I am 37, with some experience as a player and as a GM. I started playing late (31) and have not done any the last two years. I will start getting familiar with the system and with the setting and be ready for the 27th.

Doug

dracosian23
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Welcome Doug. Glad to have you aboard. Here in a bout two to two and a half weeks , I plan to have a packet for players of common knowledge, gods and religions and other things. If you know anyone who is interested in playing , please extend an invitaton. So far, you and Brian are the only players and I'm cool with a small grooup but 4 to 6 players is optimal, I think. Definitely more fun as far as player interaction.

Thanks,
Todd

dracosian23
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
There are four major grouops of faiths. One is a philosophy that is called Ethicism. There are several dragon cults, two dedicated to Fireheart, the Immortal(?) Emperor and several that idealize dragons in general. Then, there is the Pantheon which is more an alliance of faiths, temples, cults and sects that are dedicated to the Gods of the world. Finally, there are the Mystics. They connect to the World Soul and seek union with it in death. More forthcoming.

darksunshaman
09-26-2009, 12:39 AM
I work in Delaware, live in Columbus and would be looking for a 2nd edition game as well.

-Ed