PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a D&D 4e group

Ph0EnyX37
08-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Dallas gamers! So here's my story, I'll try to keep it short:

I used to play D&D and other tabletop games a lot in my youth. After I left to go to school, that fell by the wayside, and having moved back to Dallas some time ago, I found I had lost touch with most of my former gaming buddies (or they moved away, etc.). I did the WoW thing for a while, but I've realized lately that just isn't cutting it, so I'm looking to get back into the tabletop "scene".

I bought the core books for D&D 4e shortly after they came out but have so far not been able to use them, so I'm hoping to find a group for that, mostly to justify the money I've put into it already.

Here's the kicker though. I work retail, which means I don't get weekends off like your normal 9 to 5-er office drone. Also, I don't currently have a car, so I'm at the mercy of public transportation. This makes gaming (and really having any kind of social life) a bit of a challenge, and is the major contributing factor for all the time I spent with WoW.

So basically I'm looking for a weeknight game of 4e, hopefully fairly close, or at least with someone who wouldn't mind swinging out to the Garland/Rowlett area in exchange for gas money. Once I've gotten my sea-legs back (so to speak), I'd probably be comfortable DM-ing, but for now I'd like to just be a player again.

Fon_Win
08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm looking to DM a group. I work a compressed work week. meaning i've got WED, Thur and friday off. My every other saturday just got filled with an unhallowed game (YAY!). My thursdays are filled right now with painting class..

If you don't find a group, maybe we can start one up..

Erdrix
08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I may be good for a Wed night game. I work weekends, which means fri-sun are out and I have another game on thursdays.

I'm interested in WFRPG, DH, 3.5/4e, CoC, WoD...hell i'll try anything really.

I would like to play since I run on thursdays.

Daniel

Dark
08-26-2009, 08:26 PM
There are plenty of pbp 4e games here as well if you need a fix P&PG's got your hook up.;)

Ph0EnyX37
08-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Hm, well I wouldn't be averse to formaing a completely new group, and I'm sure I could make Wednesdays work, plus I have another friend looking for a game who could porbably also do Wednesdays. Whereabouts are you located Erdrix?

Also, as far as PbP goes, I have tried that on the Gleemax forums once or twice and it never quite got off the ground, but I suppose I could try it again. I was also looking at the possibility of an online game via maptools or something, but there don't seem to be many of those campaigns looking for players at the moment.

Erdrix
08-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I'm in Kaufman, but I'm willing to drive to Rowlett.

I've tried pbp and I just can't get into them. It has to be in person to be enjoyable.

Fon_Win
08-29-2009, 06:20 AM
I'd like to start up a 4.0 group on wednesdays... wouldn't be able to start untill sept 9th though. I'm near lover's and 75. group sizes i've always preferred 4 to 6.

This would be my first go at running 4.0 so would probably start with first 2 or 3 modules, then start up "my" campaign afterword.

I'm near lovers and 75..

I sent messages/emails to pheonix and erdix.