PDA

View Full Version : New Classes next year at Gencon 2010

WhiteTiger
08-21-2009, 08:38 PM
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog

a little ways down.. you'll notice the New Advanced Player's Guide.

It sounds like a Super Player's Handbook 2. I am very interested in the Oracle. The old Favored Soul was too hard to make it work due to the fact that you had to have both a high wisdom and a high charisma to make it work.

Hopefully, Paizo will tie all of it's powers to a single ability.

I can't wait to test them. It's too bad that it's a whole year away.

Here's to hoping that Paizo comes in with another big score... :first:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I've been very pleased with what Paizo has put out so far. Thanks for giving us updates. Keep up the good work.

tesral
08-22-2009, 12:39 AM
It sounds like a Super Player's Handbook 2. I am very interested in the Oracle. The old Favored Soul was too hard to make it work due to the fact that you had to have both a high wisdom and a high charisma to make it work.

Hopefully, Paizo will tie all of it's powers to a single ability. :first:

So, why didn't you fix it? It does make sense after all. One small change to the book and bingo, fixed.

CEBedford
08-22-2009, 09:43 AM
So, why didn't you fix it? It does make sense after all. One small change to the book and bingo, fixed.

It's crazy but some people like to use things as they're written. Plus that's not the point of his comment at all. Sure if he wants to use the old Favored Soul it's an easy fix. However, they're printing a new book, and he's just hoping they'll do some things differently. There's nothing wrong with that.

House ruling is great, but not having to is better yet.

Personally though, multiple high stats needed on some classes (; Monks, Paladins, etc) is fine by me. Those classes are meant to be reserved for the very best the races have to offer. Since I like to randomly roll my stats, I enjoy the possibility that my next character won't be born with the right traits to be one of those classes.

tesral
08-22-2009, 01:09 PM
It's crazy but some people like to use things as they're written. Plus that's not the point of his comment at all. Sure if he wants to use the old Favored Soul it's an easy fix. However, they're printing a new book, and he's just hoping they'll do some things differently. There's nothing wrong with that.

House ruling is great, but not having to is better yet.

Personally though, multiple high stats needed on some classes (; Monks, Paladins, etc) is fine by me. Those classes are meant to be reserved for the very best the races have to offer. Since I like to randomly roll my stats, I enjoy the possibility that my next character won't be born with the right traits to be one of those classes.

Well, I do hope Plazio does a better job. that kind of is the point, and the blog as much states that player input is wanted. So don't just hope, request. State why and give a good reason for it.

However that said, when the "official rules" suck, never fear changing them. Your game, your rules.

WhiteTiger
08-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Sometimes it's hard getting players to think out of the box. You also run the risk that if you change one thing then you open the possibility of getting a never ending list of "Well, can I do this or why can't I do that?". :clock:

tesral
08-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Sometimes it's hard getting players to think out of the box. You also run the risk that if you change one thing then you open the possibility of getting a never ending list of "Well, can I do this or why can't I do that?". :clock:

Power Word No.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, I do hope Plazio does a better job. that kind of is the point, and the blog as much states that player input is wanted. So don't just hope, request. State why and give a good reason for it.

However that said, when the "official rules" suck, never fear changing them. Your game, your rules.

I must admit that I do prefer Paizo material over WotC. No surprise there.

Power Word No.

Agreed. It is the simplist fix, after all.

Amon Alden
08-23-2009, 12:39 PM
You also run the risk that if you change one thing then you open the possibility of getting a never ending list of "Well, can I do this or why can't I do that?".

You can always use the words your mother used to say... "Because I said so."