PDA

View Full Version : To meet... or not to meet, that is the question...

Imbibovita
08-20-2009, 09:39 AM
So we had 1 meetup in the history of this little group, and it went well enough. Some thought we should have had games to play, others wanted more munchie options than pizza, but all in all I consider it a mild success.
However, organizing a meet is rather time consuming and doesn't seem to get a very rousing response honestly. We have been getting an influx of new members to the local area since the meetup.com group went down (or so I heard?) and Farcaster has gotten some publicity in magazines. Not all of them have joined portland roleplayers yet, but part of that is not enough advertising.

So what do you think? To meet or not to meet? If its a yes, how often? and where?

TaiRei
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
I think it would be a great idea to meet. As for venue, I suppose pizza parlors are easy. Back in the day I used to go to BBS meets at the Godfather's by Lloyd Center. If it's set up with games and everything it would probably be better to have an office space or convention hall setup since that would be a sort of mini-con. Though that would be wicked in its own sense, that has startup costs. People that are interested in a mini-con could pitch in with fiduciary support or if they have a venue they can get setup. If it's a small group then somebody's (large enough) house would do as well. Though that's up to whether people want to host or not. Just some ideas.

Also, frequency would depend, what's too much or not enough? Once a month? Twice? I think once a month would be good personally.

Edward
08-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I think monthly meetups would be a good idea. A game or two would be nice; I could run one if people were interested and if it were at a time that allowed me to come.

If it were a small group, a private residence would be fine if someone wanted to host. Otherwise, a gaming store or gaming club would work well. Western Oregon Wargamers (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=717+se+main+st+portland+or&sll=45.496722,-122.768097&sspn=0.667082,1.234589&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=A) might be one possibility.

Edward
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm moving out of state, so unfortunately I'll no longer be able to attend meetups. I've enjoyed meeting and gaming with some of you.