PDA

View Full Version : Player character generation

Fersboo
08-18-2009, 07:11 AM
What time would be good for you to meet in the P&PG chat room to roll up you characters?

MuslixtheMighty
08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I usually have a pretty open schedule but this week being my birthday week, I need to play it by ear for everyone wants to do stuff with me.

Fersboo
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Well, Happy Birthday! :popcorn:

I'm going to possibly have connectivity issues Friday and Saturday while I am at my father-in-law's house, but most evenings are good for me and sometimes I can sneak chat in at work.

Necron99
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
we could possibly do it here with rolls, if you want.

Otherwise I am available between 8pm EST - midnight EST

Fersboo
08-19-2009, 12:23 PM
You know what we could. Give me your race preference and we can get started.

Necron99
08-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I would also say we could use a point-buy system rather than rolling, but whichever. I would prefer to play human

Fersboo
08-19-2009, 07:49 PM
I would also say we could use a point-buy system rather than rolling, but whichever. I would prefer to play human

There isn't really a point buy system for Warhammer.

Okay Necron, you need to make the eight (8) 20+2d10 rolls. They will be for the following:
Weapon Skill (WS)
Ballistic Skill (BS)
Strength (S)
Toughness (T)
Agility (Ag)
Intelligence (Int)
Will Power (WP)
Fellowship (Fel)

Attacks (A)= 1

Then roll a d10 for your Wounds (W) and I'll look up the value on the table.

Your Strength Bonus (SB) = the first digit of your Strength (S) score.
Your Toughness Bonus (TB) = the first digit of your Toughness (T) score.

Movement (M)= 4

Magic (Mag) = 0 (for now)

Insanity Points (IP) = 0 (for now, mwahhahahahah!, err excuse me)

Fate Points (FP), roll 1d10 and I'll look up the value.

Humans start with the following skills (don't worry, you'll get more once we get your career):

Common Knowledge (the Empire)
Gossip
Speak Language (Reikspiel)

Additionally, Humans get two random Talents: roll d100 twice.

MuslixtheMighty
08-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I got a quick question. How the game is set in the Grey Mountains, would playing a Bretonnian be acceptable?

DeadMike
08-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Human for me.
Are you using any of the alternatives for the character generation? For example, careers by region (west table for lands west of the grey mountains: Bretonnia, Estillia as well as parts of Tilea), careers by environment (Urban, rural, coast or wilds) tables or the Provincial Features (IE, Reikland human Skills: Command or gossip, common knowledge the empire, speak language Reikspiel. Tallents: Suave or Savvy, 1 random talent. Special rules, you gain +10% bonus on common knowledge the empire tests that deal with your home province of reikland.) that are in the career compendium?

Fersboo
08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
For now I am using the WFRP Core and Companion Books, the Character Pack book and the Knights of the Grail book. I have a few more canon and non-canon books but am not too much up to speed on them just yet.

Necron99
08-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Stat Rolls
Roll #1
Roll #2
Roll #3
Roll #4
Roll #5
Roll #6
Roll #7
Roll #8

Wounds (W)
Fate Points(FP)

Random Talent 1
Random Talent 2

Will get Strength and Toughness Bonus in my next post...
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Ouch, not a real even spread, oh well hehe :)

I put them back in order
Weapon Skill = 26
Ballistic Skill = 38
Strength = 28
Toughness = 23
Agility = 28
Intelligence = 30
Willpower = 38
Fellowship = 28

Strength Bonus = +2
Toughness Bonus = +2

Wounds (W): (6)
Fate Points(FP): (10)
Random Talent 1: (71)
Random Talent 2: (92)

*Ignore the 2nd set of rolls*

Fersboo
08-21-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm going to be busy today at work. I've got a short day, then a doctor appointment. Then we are driving to NJ to my father-in-law's. I'll have internet access so I should be online then.

Necron, I really prefer if you took you rolls in order and not arrange them. You could possibly make a compelling arquement not to take them in order. Depending on if I agree, I'll have to give Muslix a chance to re-order his as well.

Necron99
08-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Well it's up to you in the end, but it just makes more sense to me when we just roll 8 times and distribute them accordingly since I was going for the tank-type human who is tough as nails, but is dumb as a rock from too many whacks on the head, but that's just the D&D in me talking. I haven't actually played Warhammer Fantasy RP before, so I'm guessing it isn't normally done this way. :)

I'm not going to debate over a subject that I don't really know all that well, and it's your game. So I'm fine with not re-ordering them.

Fersboo
08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I am having issues with my in-law's internet so I won't be on tonight. I'll be home tomorrow night on my connection and update then.

DeadMike
08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Well it's up to you in the end, but it just makes more sense to me when we just roll 8 times and distribute them accordingly since I was going for the tank-type human who is tough as nails, but is dumb as a rock from too many whacks on the head, but that's just the D&D in me talking. I haven't actually played Warhammer Fantasy RP before, so I'm guessing it isn't normally done this way. :)

I'm not going to debate over a subject that I don't really know all that well, and it's your game. So I'm fine with not re-ordering them.

That's one of the fun things (IMHO) about warhammer. You do not really plan on what you are going to be. You roll the stats and then see what you can be, then roll to see what you actually are and then run that puppy as well as you can. It really helps to keep you unattatched to the character because chances are bad things are going to happen to it. :-) Mike

I am having issues with my in-law's internet so I won't be on tonight. I'll be home tomorrow night on my connection and update then.
No worries, life happens.
One other question then. Sorry
If you have the Knights of the Grail, are we to get Bretonnian characters? If so should we roll on the Bretonnian starting Careers chart from page 97? If not, can I pick a career? I would like to try my hand at a Carcassonne Shepard if so. Well, if the character stats are good enough anyway. What is the code to type in here to have this page roll for you? Or are people rolling elsewhere and putting the numbers in here? Mike

Necron99
08-22-2009, 01:55 AM
here is how you roll (omit the spaces in the code)

LeftBracket Roll = NumOfDice d NumOfSides + anymodifiers] Wounds (W) LeftBracket /roll]

DeadMike
08-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I put them back in order
Weapon Skill = 26
Ballistic Skill = 38
Strength = 28
Toughness = 23
Agility = 28
Intelligence = 30
Willpower = 38
Fellowship = 28

Strength Bonus = +3
Toughness Bonus = +3

Wounds (W): (6)
Fate Points(FP): (10)
Random Talent 1: (71)
Random Talent 2: (92)

*Ignore the 2nd set of rolls*

Ok, lets give this a shot. Thanks Necron99. I have this overwheming urge to call you agent 99.... Damn get smart flashbacks.... BTW, shouldn't your Strength Bonus and Toughness Bonus be +2?

Roll#1
Roll#2
Roll#3
Roll#4
Roll#5
Roll#6
Roll#7
Roll#8
wounds(W)
fate(F)
Ok, lets see here, this would mean I have:
Weapon Skill: 32
Ballistic Skill: 30
Strenght: 35
Toughness: 38
Agility: 27
Intelligence: 27
Will Power: 28
Fellowship: 37
Attacks: 1
Wounds: 10
Strength Bonus: 3
Toughness Bonus: 3
Movement: 4
Magic: 0
Insanity Points: 0
Fate Points: 2

Are we running one or two characters? If two my second (I have no idea why the double roll) would be:
Weapon Skill: 31
Ballistic Skill: 39
Strenght: 32
Toughness: 31
Agility: 34
Intelligence: 35
Will Power: 28
Fellowship: 35
Wounds: 10
Strength Bonus: 3
Toughness Bonus: 3
Movement: 4
Fate Points: 3

Actually I would rather keep the second character if I get a choice in the matter. If so, Necron99 can have the first set of rolls since I believe that is exactly what he was looking for.
Anyway, I forgot the tandom talents. Lets see if I can get this one right...
random1 Coolheaded
random2 Resistance to Magic

Necron99
08-22-2009, 07:03 PM
yeah my Str and Toughness Bonuses should be +2, forgot to edit that when I put my rolls back in order.

Fersboo
08-22-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm more familiar with Empire characters. Back in the 1st ed. days we played mostly within the Empire. I think we could have everyone from Bretonnia.

I don't want anybody picking careers, but I will give some leeway (ie an extra roll or a slight fudge up or down on the table) if someone gets something they really don't want to play.

Necron99
08-22-2009, 08:27 PM
so how many players do we have? Us 3 with a GM?

Fersboo
08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah it looks like three. I may have to bump you guys up a level or run a mini-adventure until we get another player. Or scrap the campaign I had prepared (it was a published one, not one of my own creation) and start from scratch.
Okay, character sheets are up. Feel free to download, they will be updated in a bit.

Muslix, you need to make two d100 rolls for your random talents.

Everyone needs to make a d100 roll for your career.

Physical features:

Height 5'4" + d10
Weight - roll d100
Hair color - roll d10
Eye color - roll d10
Distinguishing Marks - roll d100, if greater than 50%, roll d100

Origins and Family
# of siblings roll d10
Star sign - roll d100
Age - roll d100

Think about these questions:

Where are you from?
What is your family like?
What is your social class?
How religious?
Best friends?
Worst enemies?
Prized possessions?
Loyalties?
Why are you an adventurer?
Motivations?

Averix
08-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Fersboo:

You still allowing people to join up?

If so, somebody has to roll up a dwarf...and that would be me. If we get two characters, I'll roll up two brothers. That sounds like it would be fun to play out, maybe even twins.

Fersboo
08-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Averix, welcome, we do need one more. Just one character each. I have attached a creation set for dwarves attached. Join the social group so you can make you're die rolls. No arranging the dies rolls, you take them as you get them.

I may be online later today and we can run some of this through chat.

BTW, I was hoping someone would pick a non-human. :)

Necron99
08-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Career roll

Physical features:

Height modifier
Weight modifier
Hair color
Eye color

Distinguishing Marks
If greater than 50%, roll d100

Origins and Family
# of siblings
Star sign
DeadMike
08-23-2009, 07:50 PM
So is this career roll for the WFRP Core book, or for the Knights of the grail list?
Everyone needs to make a d100 roll for your career.
Career
Physical features:
Height 5'4" + d10
inches
Weight - roll d100
Weight
Hair color - roll d10
hair
Eye color - roll d10
eyes
Distinguishing Marks - roll d100, if greater than 50%, roll d100
Marks
Origins and Family
# of siblings roll d10
Siblings
Star sign - roll d100
Star Sign
Age - roll d100
Well, I guess the Core book is the way to go for me :-). If we use the core book I am a Vagabond, in the Knights of the grail book I'm a Valet. No change for Necron99 though. I'll write up my character on a sheet for me. If you want me to go as a valet I'll change it later. BTW, do we get an attribute choice since this place does multiple rolls or take the first one? Also, are you using Sallya's Mercy or no?

Averix
08-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Sweet! Alright, I'll play one dwarf...twins would have been better. Just kidding :)

Alright let's see what kind of rolls I can get tonight...

Weapon Skill
Toughness
Agility
Intelligence
Will Power
Fellowship
Starting Wounds
Fate Points

Starting Career
Male Height Add
Weight
Hair & Eye Color
Special Mark
Star sign
# Siblings
Male Starting Name
Demise
O this is going to be nuts...

Tally-ho chaps!

DeadMike
08-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I forgot, starting cash. 2d10 gold crowns. You also stated that "character sheets are up. Feel free to download" Where would I be downloading these from? I don't remember where the link is. Too many medications. Oh yeah, you do have the Old World Armoury book correct?
Oh wow, I need to get my eyes checked bad. Either that or my meds changed. I thought I rolled a 92, not a 96. Damn. Hey, since 95 and 96 are the same thing, can I give one percentile from my roll and add it to Necron99's roll(if he wants it that is)??? His character to me just screams Apprentice Wizard. He doesn't seem anything like an Agitator, not with that low Fellowship, Stregth and Weapon Skill. Agitator is more along the lines of me really ;-).
starting crowns
Do you think we will be spending more time in or out of towns?
Most importantly, are you allowing Shallya's Mercy?
You know, where the player changes one of their characters ability rolls with an average score? For example, Averix's Dwarf currently has a Fellowship of 12 bcause he rolled 2. The average roll for 2D10 is 11, therefor if he used shally's Mercy on his Fellowship it would be 21.

DeadMike
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Sweet! Alright, I'll play one dwarf...twins would have been better. Just kidding :)

Considering the Fellowship of both them rolls:confused:, I think you did roll twins.

Necron99
08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Just remember, you all need to omit the 2nd set of rolls. It happens because if you make a double post then the site thinks you rolled a 2nd time.

Also, are we picking careers or randomly getting one with that Career roll? How does the age roll work? Just asking because Mike rolled a 30, but his age is listed as 21, so I'm just confused. :)

Averix
08-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry about the double rolls. I figured once they happened, I wouldn't look. I would not want to change a thing with the first roll. And because of my career from the roll, that Fellowship does make sense.

The best part of Warhammer is really how gritty the game can be or become. And all the random rolls you can do.

Who would have thought my name wouldbe...o wait guess you'll just have to wait and see what the other rolls really mean...

Muha ha ha ha

Fersboo
08-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Been busy, sorry, daughter started back to school today and swamped at work. No Shallya's mercy and yes, everyone is considered to be responding to the want ad from a big town.

MuslixtheMighty
08-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Is there a starting gold roll in WFRP?

DeadMike
08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Just remember, you all need to omit the 2nd set of rolls. It happens because if you make a double post then the site thinks you rolled a 2nd time.

Also, are we picking careers or randomly getting one with that Career roll? How does the age roll work? Just asking because Mike rolled a 30, but his age is listed as 21, so I'm just confused. :)

For your age you roll percentiles, then look it up on the chart. It's in the core book on page 25 across from the height tables. For weight you rolled 32 which means as a human you weigh 145 pounds. Hair 8 means brown hair, eyes 9 means purple.... you have purple eyes!!! Distinguishing Marks: 1d100 (37) means wart. # of siblings: 1d10 (2) means 1 sibling, Star sign: 1d100 (76) = The Broken Cart significance, sign of pride and your Age: 1d100 (74) puts you at 30 years old. Any other questions on your rolls? I'll help if I can. Mike

Is there a starting gold roll in WFRP?
Yes, Page 20 in the core book states that regardless of career, new characters get the following:Common cloathing consisting of a shirt, breeches and worn boots, a tattered cloak, a dagger tucked in a boot or belt, a slingbag or a backpack containing a blanket, a wooden tankard, a wooden cutlery set, a hand weapon (axe, club, sword, ect.) and a purse holding 2d10 Gold Crowns (gc).
Unless of course the GM decides to change that.

Been busy, sorry, daughter started back to school today and swamped at work. No Shallya's mercy and yes, everyone is considered to be responding to the want ad from a big town.
I understand, my youngest started school last week. He has some issues, so it's rough.
Mike

Necron99
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks for the clarification Mike, I don't own a copy of the rules book so I was just wondering how the rolls were calculated. Is the career picked from the roll as well? I rolled a 2

Fersboo
08-25-2009, 07:42 PM
I'll look up the career roll of 2. I will give you a chance to re-roll once or to move up or down the chart one spot if you don't like your career.

I'll try to update everyones' characters tonight.

Averix
08-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey take your time, I totally understand the back to school rush. Not use to that schedule right away and takes some time to get back into the swing.

I better tell you what kind of dwarf has joined the party...give me a second and I'll update you guys.
Now this is funny. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to present to you....

Garil the dwarven pit fighter from Karak Kadrin. He's 5'4" and weighs in at a beefy 140 lbs. He has Dark Brown hair and (Forgot to roll for my eyes)...will update in second. Garil is a rather prolific fighter, you can tell because he's missing his left eyebrow. He was born under the sign of Vobist the Faint and currently has three other family members. Garil, for a dwarf, is rather young at 50 years old. At the age of 10, an oracle predicted that his pride would become his undoing.

So that's Garil the dwarven pit fighter from Karak Kadrin...

:lol:

Eyes
O classic, Dark brown Hair and Brown eyes

Fersboo
08-25-2009, 09:03 PM
DeadMike, I've updated your character sheet.

If any of you can't access the pdfs I've loaded let me know.

DeadMike, I need you to roll for your starsign and your career advance and any remaining equipment purchases.

Everyone else, I'll be getting to them in the next day or so. I like what I see so far.

Necron, I'm going to let you decide if you want to take Agitator or Baliff or re-roll. If you have no problem playing an Agitator that is fine also, I just wanted to give you an out if the career was not something you may feel comfortable playing.

An Agigtator is just that, a rabble-rouser who hands out leaflets and gives speeches. A Bailiff works for a noble's manor, collecting rents and taxes and enforcing peasants working schedules.

Necron99
08-25-2009, 11:14 PM
An Agitator might be amusing, but in the end I don't feel comfortable doing that. Bailiff, no thanks :P

Career re-roll

DeadMike
08-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I'll look up the career roll of 2. I will give you a chance to re-roll once or to move up or down the chart one spot if you don't like your career.

I'll try to update everyones' characters tonight.

thanks for the clarification Mike, I don't own a copy of the rules book so I was just wondering how the rolls were calculated. Is the career picked from the roll as well? I rolled a 2

You do realise that if you move your roll up 1 from two to three, you would not be a bailiff, but be an Apprentice Wizard and with your one free advance you would have a magic characteristic of 1 right? Where as if you take the re-roll you are a Marine. Granted, starting out as a marine isn't bad, but starting out as an apprentice wizard will give you all kinds of power as you progress.
I would suggest that you pick up a copy of the core book as it will make your life a whole lot easier if you plan on playing the game. In my experience anyway. You can pick up a copy at amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-Rulebook-Pramas/dp/1844162206/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251308147&sr=1-1) or e-bay if you can't find one at a local store. Carefull you do not get the first edition at ebay though, they do that a lot there.
Mike

Hey take your time, I totally understand the back to school rush. Not use to that schedule right away and takes some time to get back into the swing.

I better tell you what kind of dwarf has joined the party...give me a second and I'll update you guys.
Now this is funny. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to present to you....

Garil the dwarven pit fighter from Karak Kadrin. He's 5'4" and weighs in at a beefy 140 lbs. He has Dark Brown hair and (Forgot to roll for my eyes)...will update in second. Garil is a rather prolific fighter, you can tell because he's missing his left eyebrow. He was born under the sign of Vobist the Faint and currently has three other family members. Garil, for a dwarf, is rather young at 50 years old. At the age of 10, an oracle predicted that his pride would become his undoing.

So that's Garil the dwarven pit fighter from Karak Kadrin...

:lol:

O classic, Dark brown Hair and Brown eyes

And here I was thinking his gruff demeaner (fellowship of 12) was his cause for being a pit fighter. Pissed off the wrong people... :-)

DeadMike, I've updated your character sheet.
DeadMike, I need you to roll for your starsign and your career advance and any remaining equipment purchases.

I'm a bit confused here. Did you want me to reroll my star sign? I know you have your hands full right now and may have missed that I rolled my star sign already. I rolled a 13 (The Limners Line. Significance: Sign of Precision). I'm not sure if you overlooked it (I forgot to transpose it onto the character sheet page, but it is on the rolls) or want me to reroll so thought I would ask first. No problem if you want me to reroll though, I will.

As for the Advance, I will probably regret this, but I am taking +5% in my WS bringing it up to 37.

As for the remaining equipment purchases... I'm not finished yet. My boys is in the third grade, his first year at this school and has some medical issues that effect him rather harshly. I understand your overwhelming issues with your daughter. I'll get them finished soon ok.
Mike

Necron99
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
I would like to play an Apprentice Wizard, I just thought I had to choose from either Bailiff or Agitator.

DeadMike
08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
I would like to play an Apprentice Wizard, I just thought I had to choose from either Bailiff or Agitator.

I just noticed the second post from him and I'm not sure what he will have you go by.

Necron, I'm going to let you decide if you want to take Agitator or Baliff or re-roll. If you have no problem playing an Agitator that is fine also, I just wanted to give you an out if the career was not something you may feel comfortable playing.

An Agigtator is just that, a rabble-rouser who hands out leaflets and gives speeches. A Bailiff works for a noble's manor, collecting rents and taxes and enforcing peasants working schedules.

Personally I think it would be fun to see a wizard in action, but again, not up to me. I hope he lets you play a wizard, good luck! If he does let you play a wizard though, I would definitely get the book/books if I were you. Otherwise you are going to have a rough time. The wizards here are not like other games I've seen. Mike

MuslixtheMighty
08-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Sorry about not posting as often as I would of liked. I have been pretty busy with work this week.

Starting gold roll.
MuslixtheMighty rolls some dice

Fersboo, do you have a Demise table you would like us to roll for?

Necron99
08-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Basically, here is the deal for my Career:

I don't want to play Agitator or Bailiff, if possible.

If it is somehow possible to play Apprentice Wizard, I will do that.

Otherwise, I will use my re-roll and play Marine.

Fersboo
08-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Okay, I'm not ignoring you guys, just swamped with real life. The wife is getting minor knee surgery tomorrow and I am taking a few days off to be available so I will get caught back up and we'll get moving foward on the game. I briefly saw a note about another player, great, I'll address chargen tomorrow afternoon/night, but if you all want to help the new person forward great.

DeadMike
08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Okay, I'm not ignoring you guys, just swamped with real life. The wife is getting minor knee surgery tomorrow and I am taking a few days off to be available so I will get caught back up and we'll get moving foward on the game. I briefly saw a note about another player, great, I'll address chargen tomorrow afternoon/night, but if you all want to help the new person forward great.

I will help him if he decides to play, I would like to help Necron99 first though. Just need to know what his character will be and then we can finish it up.
Mike

Basically, here is the deal for my Career:
I don't want to play Agitator or Bailiff, if possible.
If it is somehow possible to play Apprentice Wizard, I will do that.
Otherwise, I will use my re-roll and play Marine.

Whatever you are going to become, you will need starting cash. Might as well roll the 2d10 for that. I can help you with equipment prices and encumbrance values.
Mike

Vashall
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Are you still accepting players? I would like to join as a dwarf if at all possible, but I have never played warhammer RPG, is that a problem?

DeadMike
08-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Are you still accepting players? I would like to join as a dwarf if at all possible, but I have never played warhammer RPG, is that a problem?
Well, a quote from the gm...

Never played isn't a problem, I never played before either. You do need to roll up a character though.

here is how you roll (omit the spaces in the code)
LeftBracket Roll = NumOfDice d NumOfSides + anymodifiers] Wounds (W) LeftBracket /roll]
Weapon Skill: 30 + 2d10
Ballistic Skill: 20 +2d10
Strenght: 20 + 2d10
Toughness: 30 + 2d10
Agility: 10 + 2d10
Intelligence: 20 + 2d10
Will Power: 20 + 2d10
Fellowship: 10 + 2d10
Wounds: 1d10
Strength Bonus: tens place from stregth
Toughness Bonus: tens place from toughness
Movement: 3
Fate Points:1d10
Height 4'4" + d10 for male, 4' 2" + 1d10 for female
Weight - roll d100
Hair color - roll d10
Eye color - roll d10
Distinguishing Marks roll 1 d 100
Number of siblings roll 1d10
Star sign - roll 1d100
Age roll 1 d 100
Starting Cash roll 2d10

Think about these questions:
Where are you from?
What is your family like?
What is your social class?
How religious?
Best friends?
Worst enemies?
Prized possessions?
Loyalties?
Why are you an adventurer?
Motivations?
I think that's it. Mike

Vashall
08-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Okay here goes...

Weapon Skill
Ballistic Skill
Strength
Toughness
Agility
Intelligence
Will Power
Fellowship
Wounds
Strength Bonus: tens place from strength
Fate Points
Height
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color
Distinguishing Marks
Number of siblings
Star Sign

DeadMike
08-27-2009, 03:00 PM
That didn't work huh?
Try this, hit edit then: for example weapon skill [roll=2d10+30]Weapon Skill[/rollrightbracket

MuslixtheMighty
08-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Vashall, Fersboo posted a dwarf PDF link in post #23 listing info and tables for playing wishing to play dwarves.

DeadMike
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Vashall, Fersboo posted a dwarf PDF link in post #23 listing info and tables for playing wishing to play dwarves.
That is a nice PDF. Having one for humans would help the players without books greatly.:)
Mike

Averix
08-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Awesome! Two dwarfs in the group. Too bad my fellowship roll is low, I don't think we'll be buddies. he he he :)

MuslixtheMighty
08-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Awesome! Two dwarfs in the group. Too bad my fellowship roll is low, I don't think we'll be buddies. he he he :)

On the contrary, I would think the two dwarves would have a better chance of creating a respectable friendship for each other over any of the humans. They are both dwarves.

Necron99
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I have decided to just play Marine, if possible.

Starting cash

DeadMike
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Okay here goes...

Weapon Skill
Ballistic Skill
Strength
Toughness
Agility
Intelligence
Will Power
Fellowship
Wounds
Fate Points
Height
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color
Distinguishing Marks
Number of siblings
Star Sign

Hmm, strange. I think it's because it was and edit. I would say hit the quote to this post and copy everything (everything inside the quote boxes obviously) and then paste that into the Quick Reply box and post it. That should work. Sorry about that, we learn how this monster works together...
Mike
LOL, yep it was the edit that did it. Ok Vashall, a post should do it.

Starting cash

Ok Necron99, I know you do not have a book, so I'll help you out here.
Marine
Advance Scheme: WS +10%, BS +10%, S +5%, AG +5%m WP +%5, A +1 (NICE!), W +3%

Skills (You get these free for your first career. Write these down with your other skills. If there is an or between the two you only get one free, your pick. You can purchase the other later if you want to.): Common Knowledge (The Wasteland) or Gamble, Consume Alchohol, Dodge Blow, Gossip or Secret Language (Battle Tongue), Intimidate, Row, Swim

Talents (Like skills is there is an or you have to pick one. These are olso free as it is your first career. With GM's ok, you may purchase those not free): Disarm or Quick Draw, Strike Mighty Blow, Strike to Stun

Trappings(Aside from the trappings all new characters get, Marine characters also get these to start with): Bow or Crossbow with 10 Arrows or Bolts, Light Armour (Leather Jack), Shield, Grappling Hook, 10 yars of Rope.

Mike

Fersboo
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
That is a nice PDF. Having one for humans would help the players without books greatly.:)
Mike
That was the plan :biggrin:. I only got done the Halfling and Dwarf ones done.

Starting cash

A marine doing a survey in the mountains?! :eek: Now that should be some good roleplaying. When I looked up your charcter roll, I was using the Bretonnia book, but if you want to be from the Empire and be an Apprentice Wizard (which could be needed as no-one has any magical ability) that would be fine.

Okay, I just need to finish up dinner, get the young'un off to her aunt's for a sleepover and then be able to assist the wife as she needs me. I didn't sleep much last night or today, however I probably be up for awhile tonight (at least until 11pm EST) working on updating your character sheets and will be monitoring the chat room.

As we finish up our characters, let's make introductory posts in the Game Thread.

Oh and welcome to the new player and again my apologies for having the chargen be such a clusterf*ck. First time I've done this online so I should have planned better and thanks to everyone that stepped forward to help everyone out.

DeadMike
08-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey Fersboo, I hope your wife is feeling ok. Surgery sucks! Just remember that she can't run away from you until she heals, so take advantage of this time when she has to be off her feet! ;-)

Ok, Apprentice wizard... No problem.
Advance Scheme: AG +5%, Int +10%, WP +15%, Fel +5%, W +2, Mag +1

Skills: Academic Knowledge (Magic), Channelling, Magical Sence, Perception, Read/Write, Search, Speak Arcane Language (Magick), Speak Language (Classical)
Talents: Aethyric Attunement or Fast Hands, Petty Magic (Arcane), Savvy, Very Resilient
Trappings: Quarter Staff, Backpack (two backbacks or a backpack and a slingbag. Hmm...), Printed Book

Vashall
08-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Ok here I go again

Weapon Skill
Ballistic Skill
Strength
Toughness
Agility
Intelligence
Will Power
Fellowship
Wounds
Fate Points
Height
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color
Distinguishing Marks
Number of siblings
Star Sign
Career

DeadMike
08-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Vashalls Dwarf
Mercenary
Weapon Skill: 41
Ballistic Skill: 29
Strength: 31
Toughness: 40
Agility: 24
Intelligence: 27
Will Power: 37
Fellowship: 19

Wounds: 12
Fate: 2
Height: 5' 11
Weight: 135 pounds
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Distinguishing Marks: Tatoo
Number of siblings: 0
Star Sign: Rhya's Cauldron
Starting Cash: 9 GC
Mercenary Advance Scheme: WS: +10, BS +10%, S +5%, T +5%, AG +5%, A +1, W +2
Skills: Animal Care or Gamble, Common Knowledge (Bretonnia, Kislev, Tilea), Dodge Blow, Drive or Ride, Gossip or Haggle, Perception or Seach, Secret Language (Battle Tongue), Speak Language (Tilean) or Swim, Common Knowledge (Dwarfs), Speak Language (Khazalid), Speak Language (Reikspiel), Trade (Smith)
Talents: Disarm or Quick Draw, Rapid Reload or Strike Mighty Blow, Sharpshooter or Strike to stun, Dwarfcraft, Grudge-born Fury, Night Vision, Resistance to Magic, Stout Hearted, Sturdy
Trappings: Brossbow with 10 bolts, Shield, Medium Armour (Mail Shirt and Leather Jack), Healing Drought

Averix
08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I love the PDFs! Super nice stuff, but would this work for the quick and dirty?

NAME:
RACE:
WGT:
SEX:

CURRENT CAREER:
PREVIOUS CAREERS:
XP:
Career Taken
STATS: Start Adv. Adv. Current
Weapon Skill -- +-- +-- --%
Ballistic Skill -- +-- +-- --%
Strength -- +-- +-- --%
Toughness -- +-- +-- --%
Agility -- +-- +-- --%
Intelligence -- +-- +-- --%
Will Power -- +-- +-- --%
Fellowship -- +-- +-- --%
--------------------------------------------
Attacks 1 +- + - 1
Wounds -- +- + - --
Strength Bonus - -- --- -
Toughness Bonus - -- --- -
Movement - -- --- -
Magic 0 -- --- 0
Fate Points 0 -- --- 0
Insanity Points 0 -- --- 0

Fortune Points: 0/0

SKILLS:

TALENTS:

WEAPONS:

ARMOR:

Head:
Body:
Arms:
Legs:

TRAPPINGS:

MONEY:
ENCUMBRANCE:

DESCRIPTION:

PLACE OF BIRTH:
ASTROLOGICAL SIGN:
BACKGROUND:

Marley117
09-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I would really like to play too. I sent Fersboo a PM, but I thought i'd go ahead and post here too :)

Sooo I have the books, but I have never really made a character. Do you think there will be a problem with me joining?

DeadMike
09-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I would really like to play too. I sent Fersboo a PM, but I thought i'd go ahead and post here too :)

Sooo I have the books, but I have never really made a character. Do you think there will be a problem with me joining?

I'm not him, so I can't say. I would roll up a character here, that way you can play if it is ok. I imagine it will be. He (Fersboo) is having some r/l issues and will be back soon.
Mike

Necron99
09-06-2009, 12:57 AM
he mentioned he was having some r/l issues and will delay the game until mid-September...so we have at least another 2 weeks to wait I imagine.

Fersboo
09-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Marley, I sent you a pm. I think it is fine to join, we have the room. Hopefully by the end of this week everything should be back to normal. The wife is back on her feet, the daughter is settled back into school, the modem has stopped acting up (despite two hours with tech support on the phone) and I should be done with getting the soccer league should be on track (I coach and am the commish for the local 6 & 7 year olds soccer teams); work crap is another story, but I have come to the conclusion that if I don't turn it off when I leave the office, I'll never have time for myself.

I'll try to finishing updating the character sheets during the week. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

DeadMike
09-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Marley, I sent you a pm. I think it is fine to join, we have the room. Hopefully by the end of this week everything should be back to normal. The wife is back on her feet, the daughter is settled back into school, the modem has stopped acting up (despite two hours with tech support on the phone) and I should be done with getting the soccer league should be on track (I coach and am the commish for the local 6 & 7 year olds soccer teams); work crap is another story, but I have come to the conclusion that if I don't turn it off when I leave the office, I'll never have time for myself.

I'll try to finishing updating the character sheets during the week. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

No Worries, life happens.
Mike

Marley117
09-07-2009, 01:11 AM
So I willl probably be pretty annoying when it comes to character creation, just letting you know. I've never made one in this system before. I have the books and such, it will just be a learning experience lol.

DeadMike
09-07-2009, 12:21 PM
So I willl probably be pretty annoying when it comes to character creation, just letting you know. I've never made one in this system before. I have the books and such, it will just be a learning experience lol.

Doubt you will be that annoying honestly. If you go look at the top of page two of this thread you will see how to roll your character up. Page two and I believe the pages before and after will also have lists up of the stats to be rolled. Good luck.
Mike

Marley117
09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Race: Elf

Roll #1
Roll #2
Roll #3
Roll #4
Roll #5
Roll #6
Roll #7
Roll #8

Wounds

Str Bonus
Toughness Bonus:
Movement: 5
Fate points

Skills: Common Knowledge (Elves); Speak Language (Eltharin); Speak Language (Reikspiel)

Talents: Specialist Weapon group (Longbow); Coolheaded; Excellent Vision; Night Vision

Career

Height: 6'0
Weight: 155 lb
Hair: Copper
Eyes:Light Brown
Siblings: 0
Star Sign: Mummet the Fool: Sign of Instinct
Birthplace: City of Altdorf

Weapon Skill (WS): 31
Ballistic Skill (BS): 41 (With Marksman)
Strength (S): 36
Toughness (T): 31
Agility (Ag): 49 ( with the advancement and Lightning Reflexes)
Intelligence (Int): 32
Will Power (WP): 33 (With Coolheaded)
Fellowship (Fel): 38

Wounds: 12 (With Hardy)

Fate Points: 2

Str Bonus: 3
Toughness: 3

Movement: 5

Career: Hunter

Skills: Common Knowledge (Elves); Speak Language (Eltharin); Speak Language (Reikspiel); Concealment; Follow Trail; Outdoor Survival; Perception; Search; Sectret Signs (ranger); Silent Move

Talents: Specialist Weapon group (Longbow); Coolheaded; Excellent Vision; Night Vision; Hardy; Lighting Reflexes; Marksman; Rapid Reload

Trappings: Longbow with 10 Arrows, 2 animal traps, antitoxin kit

Other Items: Common Clothing, tattered cloak, dagger, backpack ( blanket, wooden tankard, wooden cutlery set, sword.

-Bought: 50 Arrows (5s), Leather Jerkin (6 GC) mask (5s) 2 weaks of rations (12 s), Waterskin (8s), 20 yd Rope (1gc)

Money left over: 1gc 5sp

I think that is everything. If I missed something tell me. I will think of a background and post it when the character sheet is up. Do I have to do the character sheet?
Height
Weight
Hair
Eyes
Siblings
Star Sign
Starting Crowns
Starting Crowns

Necron99
09-08-2009, 12:50 AM
just remember to take the 1st set of rolls...

Marley117
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh I did...I think because I edited it so many times and combined so many posts it rolled a bunch >_>

I only took the first set of rolls, then upgraded them as I took the 5% lvl for free, the Marksman, the Coolheaded, Hardy, and Lightning Reflexes.

I took the stats from the first roll, the age hair etc from the second, and the Crowns from the third. I only took the first set of crown rolls, the 10 gc, not the second. I don't know why it rolled twice. I didn't even notice it rolled so many times...sorry.

I went over it and realized I added a point to Agility somewhere. It's fixed now, back to 49 where it should have been. I think it was when I was doing the 5% thing...I didn't realize that attributed were of 100% so I was multiplying everything by the percent and adding that -smacks forhead- I was wondering why it was so complicated till it dawned on me lol. I felt like an idiot.

DeadMike
09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh I did...I think because I edited it so many times and combined so many posts it rolled a bunch >_>

I only took the first set of rolls, then upgraded them as I took the 5% lvl for free, the Marksman, the Coolheaded, Hardy, and Lightning Reflexes.

I took the stats from the first roll, the age hair etc from the second, and the Crowns from the third. I only took the first set of crown rolls, the 10 gc, not the second. I don't know why it rolled twice. I didn't even notice it rolled so many times...sorry.

I went over it and realized I added a point to Agility somewhere. It's fixed now, back to 49 where it should have been. I think it was when I was doing the 5% thing...I didn't realize that attributed were of 100% so I was multiplying everything by the percent and adding that -smacks forhead- I was wondering why it was so complicated till it dawned on me lol. I felt like an idiot.

An Elvish Hunter born in the city of Altdorf??? Hmmm. I take it you were raised somewhere else...lol. Anyway, it's good to see we have someone in the party with some outdoor experience!! I would ask Fersboo about an Elfbow if I were you. Being an Elf who's first career is that of a hunter just screams to me you were not raised where you were born, you know? See if you can swap out your longbow for an elfbow since the Hunter career is not an Elf specific job it does not list that. Just a thought.
As for the character sheet, do not worry about it. Fersboo will take care of that here http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108148#post108148 .
Mike

Marley117
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't really know the signifigance of any of the cities, it was just what I rolled. Oh, I can get an Elfbow at the start? That would be great if I could do that, it seems to make more sense, what with being an Elven hunter and all :P Can I have one please please pleease ....ok I won't beg lol.

AnimusVirtus
09-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Awww crud! I was planning on making an "ranger" sort. What other weaknesses might the party have at the moment? I'm happy to play anything. And, I think I have the original Warhammer book not the 2nd ed. is there much difference?

DeadMike
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Awww crud! I was planning on making an "ranger" sort. What other weaknesses might the party have at the moment? I'm happy to play anything. And, I think I have the original Warhammer book not the 2nd ed. is there much difference?

Well, the thing is you don't get to pick what you are. It is randomly determined by rolling of percentiles. The 2nd edition IMHO is actually better than the first edition and there are quite a lot of changes. If you roll a character up like Marley117 did (check above) we can see what you did get :-). If you love books you may want to pick up the 2nd edition, if not don't worry about it.
Mike

AnimusVirtus
09-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Perusing his character I see that strength has been upped by a magnitude of 1 and that there are other changes. Before realizing this, I did roll a 1st ed. character completely randomly getting a slow M & I Bodyguard.

I'll probably drop the $25 on an e-copy of 2nd ed. due to curiosity factor. Else I'll be back to figure out how the previous player did his with your aid.

gorteck
09-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I think I too would like to run a elf. I should be able to post him tommrow.

Marley117
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Animus, I have the books, so I just rolled everything (albet at a varied time and just put them together, with lots of editing, hence the abundant ammount of rolls) and looked up everything. Since you don't have the books, one of us will be happy to look it all up, just roll it :)

AnimusVirtus
09-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, I've done gone and rolled myself a seaman it would appear ...

WS:34
BS:32
S:41 *adjusted for very strong
T:31
Ag:27
Int:28
Wp:37
Fel:27
A:2 *purchased this as my freeby advance
W:13 *adjusted for hardy
SB:4
TB:3
M:4
Mag:0
IP:0
FP:2

Skills:
Common Knowledge(Bretonnia)
Common Knowledge(Empire)
Speak Language(Breton)
Speak Language(Reikspiel)
Perception
Dodge Blow
Row
Sail
Scale Sheer Surface
Swim
Gossip

Talents:
Seasoned Traveller
Very Strong
Strike Mighty Blow
Hardy
Excellent Vision

From? An arable farm in coastal Albion
Family? No idea. Was press-ganged at the age of ten
Social Class? peasant farmer, low
Before Adventuring? Been a seaman for seven years
Why Adventure? Jumped ship! Seeking fortune for own ship & "good life"
Religious? No, but superstitious enough.
Friends? Many of his fellow crew
Enemies? Press-gangs
Prized Possession? scrimshaw-handled knife, pipe carved by shipmate, and a tinderbox with some slow-whick
Loyal To? Friends
Love? No-one
Hate? Vessels and governments that press-gang
Star Sign: The Greased Goat

DeadMike
09-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, I've done gone and rolled myself a seaman it would appear ...

I'm sorry, but where are the rolls at? Our GM, Fersboo wants us to roll our characters up on the board here. To quote Necron99, "here is how you roll (omit the spaces in the code)".
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Strength ( S ) [ / roll ]
Mike

MuslixtheMighty
09-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I am curious to know where we are at with the game. I can see some new people are coming in and making characters but any idea when we will beginning the campaign?

AnimusVirtus
09-10-2009, 09:06 PM
WeaponSkill(WS)
BallisticSkill(BS)
Strength(S)
Toughness(T)
Agility(Agi)
Intelligence(Int)
Willpower(Wil)
Fellowship(Fel)
Wounds(W)
FatePoints(FP)
Career

How do I see the values generated by the rolls?

Marley117
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Test str
ok. What you do is post an advanced reply. At the top is a little red dice, all the way to the right. Click it and input the number (1d20+20 for example) then hit enter. The cursor will go between a bracket and a parenthesis. Type in the title IE STR and just do that for all of your stats.

AnimusVirtus
09-10-2009, 09:36 PM
WeaponSkill(WS)
BallisticSkill(BS)
Strength(S)
Toughness(T)
Agility(Agi)
Intelligence(Int)
Willpower(Wil)
Fellowship(Fel)
Wounds(W)
FatePoints(FP)
Career
At last! a full set of rolls!

Race = Human
WeaponSkill(WS): 2d10 (4,4 = 8) + 20 (20) = 28
BallisticSkill(BS): 2d10 (10,4 = 14) + 20 (20) = 34
Strength(S): 2d10 (1,9 = 10) + 20 (20) = 30 + 5% from Very Strong = 35
Toughness(T): 2d10 (6,2 = 8) + 20 (20) = 28 *Shallya's Mercy = 31
Agility(Agi): 2d10 (4,7 = 11) + 20 (20) = 31
Intelligence(Int): 2d10 (5,9 = 14) + 20 (20) = 34
Willpower(Wil): 2d10 (1,4 = 5) + 20 (20) = 25
Fellowship(Fel): 2d10 (4,9 = 13) + 20 (20) = 33
Wounds(W): 1d10 (2) ergo = 10 + 1 for Hardy = 11
FatePoints(FP): 1d10 (1) ergo = 2
Career: 1d100 (98) ergo Woodsman
Move = 4 + 1 from Fleet Footed = 5

Skills:

Concealment, Follow Trail, Perception, Scale Sheer Surface, Secret Language(Ranger Tongue), Secret Signs (Ranger), Silent Move

Talents:

Fleet Footed, Rover, Specialist Weapon Group (Two-handed)

Thursday 09-10-2009 10:09 PM
HumanTalent#1: 1d100 (95)
HumanTalent#2: 1d100 (95)
Thursday 09-10-2009 10:15 PM
HumanTalent#2: 1d100 (24)
First Human Talent = Very Strong
Second Human Talent = Hardy

Trappings:

Great Weapon (Two-handed Axe), Light Armour (Leather Jack),
Antitoxin Kit

Marley117
09-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Yaaay we got it! Now you just need to flesh 'im all out :P I stil need to do that, but not tonight. I'm headed to sleeeep.

AnimusVirtus
09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
HumanTalent#2
HumanTalent#2

gorteck
09-13-2009, 04:51 PM
ie strength

Ummmm, I am guessing that I have missed something. I thought I followed Marlly117 directions is the above what susposed to happen???
Hay where did the green thing come from? I am missing something arnt I??
I guess I was expecting to see numbers, not green words.

Marley117
09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok, there should be a roll. Like below it. Hmm I don't know why it didn't work for you. Try it again?

DeadMike
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
ie strength

Ummmm, I am guessing that I have missed something. I thought I followed Marlly117 directions is the above what susposed to happen???
Hay where did the green thing come from? I am missing something arnt I??
I guess I was expecting to see numbers, not green words.

Ok, strength for example, type in this [ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Strength ( S ) [ / roll ] only remove all the spaces between the brackets. For an Elf you should type in ( removing all the spaces obviously ):
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Weapon Skill ( WS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Balistic Skill ( BS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Toughness ( T ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Agility ( Ag ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Intelligence ( Int ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Will Power ( WP ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Fellowship ( Fel ) [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 ] Wounds ( W ) [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 ] Fate Points ( FP ) [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 100 ] Career [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 + 64 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Female [ 1 d 10 + 66 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Male
[ 1 d 100 ] Weight [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 ] Hair Colour [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 ] Eye Colour [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 ] # of Siblings [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 100 ] Star Sign [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 100 ] Age [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 ] Birthplace [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 ] starting Gold [ / roll ]

There you go, copy, paste, remove ALL spaces between the brackets and hit enter. Done.
Mike

BTW, For a human:
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Weapon Skill ( WS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Balistic Skill ( BS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Toughness ( T ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Agility ( Ag ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Fellowship ( Fel ) [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 + 61 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Female [ 1 d 10 + 64 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Male
[ 1 d 100 ] Distinguishing Marks ( DM ) [ / roll ]

For a Dwarf:
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Weapon Skill ( WS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 20 ] Balistic Skill ( BS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Toughness ( T ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 10 ] Agility ( Ag ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 10 ] Fellowship ( Fel ) [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 + 50 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Female [ 1 d 10 + 52 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Male

For a Halfling:
[ 2 d 10 + 10 ] Weapon Skill ( WS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Balistic Skill ( BS ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 10 ] Strength ( S ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 10 ] Toughness ( T ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Agility ( Ag ) [ / roll ]
[ 2 d 10 + 30 ] Fellowship ( Fel ) [ / roll ]
[ 1 d 10 + 38 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Female [ 1 d 10 + 40 ] Height ( H ) [ / roll ] Male

Averix
09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
O nice work!

Say, do we have enough of each class? I'm only asking because I wouldn't mind rolling up a Human instead. Playing a dwarf in another game and would hate to get them confused...then again that could be rather funny :)

Necron99
09-15-2009, 12:08 AM
just remember to type in [roll= then do the rest

[roll=2d10 rightBracket ... etc

gorteck
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
][2d10+20]gorteck rolls some dice Weapon Skill (WS) [/roll]
Balistic Skill (BS) ][2d10+30] Balistic Skill (BS) [/roll]gorteck rolls some dice[/roll]

[2d10+20] Strength (S) [/roll]
[2d10+20] Toughness (T) [/roll]
[2d10+30] Agility (Ag) [/roll]
[2d10+20] Intelligence (Int) [/roll]
[2d10+20] Will Power (WP) [/roll]
[2d10+20] Fellowship (Fel) [/roll]
[1d10] Wounds (W) [/roll]
[1d10] Fate Points (FP) [/roll]
[1d100] Career [/roll]
[1d10+66] Height (H) [/roll] Male
[1d100] Weight [/roll]
[1d10] Hair Colour [/roll]
[1d10] Eye Colour [/roll]
[1d10] # of Siblings [/roll]
[1d100] Star Sign [/roll]
[1d100] Age [/roll]
[1d10] Birthplace [/roll]
[2d10] starting Gold [/roll]

Ok as you can see Idid what I think you told me to do. Nothing happened. Then I tryed coping and pasting in a small window that was opening in the top left coner, and the results are the WS & BS entries. Is this what susposed to happen?? Sorry if I sound really stupid, but....
Ok, I did not see the green words, nor did I see any numbers like I have seen posted for others. And I hit enter. The only thing that did was make spaces between the lines. It sounded so simple cut-past-remove spaces. What am I not doing??
[2d10+20] Weapon Skill (WS) [/roll] Weapon Skill (WS) ]gorteck rolls some dice[/roll]
Balistic Skill (BS) [/roll[/R]][2d10+30] Balistic Skill (BS)
[ Strength (S) ]2d10+20] Strength (S) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
[ Toughness (T) ]2d10+20] Toughness (T) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Agility (Ag) ][2d10+30] Agility (Ag) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Intelligence (Int) ][2d10+20] Intelligence (Int) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Will Power (WP) ][2d10+20] Will Power (WP) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Fellowship (Fel) ][2d10+20] Fellowship (Fel) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Wounds (W)
[1d10] Wounds (W) [/roll
[/ROLL]
Fate Points (FP) ][1d10] Fate Points (FP) [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Career ][1d100] Career [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Height (H) ][1d10+66] Height (H) [/roll]gorteck rolls some dice[/roll] Male
Weight ][1d100] Weight [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Hair Colour ][1d10] Hair Colour [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Eye Colour ][1d10] Eye Colour [/roll]
[/ROLL]
# of Siblings ][1d10] # of Siblings [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Star Sign ][1d100] Star Sign [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Age ][1d100] Age [/roll]
[/ROLL]
Birthplace ][1d10] Birthplace [/roll]
[/ROLL]
[ starting Gold ]2d10] starting Gold [/roll]gorteck rolls some dice[/roll]
Ok, I figured it out. And now that I have I wish to ask can this be made any mor difficult? Annoing? You have to cut and past every single line and then it did not roll everything. ARRRRR!
With the sole exception of carrer, I see no reason that I can not pick my hair and eye color, amoung the other things that were not rooled for me.
Thanks for the help. Truely, while I am sounding grumpy right now, I am thankfull for the help.
I would like to run a mage, as it appears that the party is lacking in that department. However I do not have the books and magic is run different in Warhammer, so this choice might be worng for me. I would not mind running a Ranger or student or merchent or even a envoy. I know that the DM wants the job rolled for and I REALLY(!!) do not want to go through the rolling prosess again, so if someone would be so kind as to just roll for me that would be great. I see that we have the choice to shift the roll +/- one step and I have just said my prefrences as to class. I will acept the roll and figure that you did the best.
Peace

Marley117
09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Weapon Skill
Balistic Skill
Strength
Toughness
Agility
Intelligence
Willpower
Fellowship
Wounds
Fate Points
Career
Height
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color
Siblings
Star Sign
Starting Gold Crowns
Weapon Skill
Balistic Skill
Strength
Toughness
Agility
Intelligence
Willpower
Fellowship
Wounds
Fate Points
Career
Height
Weight
Hair Color
Eye Color
Siblings
Star Sign
Starting Gold Crowns
Ok for your first roll (which is the one accepted) you are thus. Sorry abuot the first first roll, I had to repost for it to work.

Weapon Skill: 2d10 (7,8 = 15) + 20 (20) = 35

Balistic Skill: 2d10 (10,2 = 12) + 20 (20) = 32

Strength: 2d10 (10,2 = 12) + 20 (20) = 32

Toughness: 2d10 (10,7 = 17) + 20 (20) = 37

Agility: 2d10 (5,2 = 7) + 20 (20) = 27

Intelligence: 2d10 (9,9 = 18) + 20 (20) = 38

Willpower: 2d10 (2,3 = 5) + 20 (20) = 25

Fellowship: 2d10 (5,8 = 13) + 20 (20) = 33

Wounds: 1d10 (7) = 11

Fate Points: 1d10 (6) = 2

Career: 1d100 (35) = Mercenary. If you shift it down it is a Kithband Warrior and up is a Messenger.

Height: 1d10 (8) + 66 (66) = 74

Weight: 1d100 (85) = 150lbs

Hair Color: 1d10 (5) = Copper

Eye Color: 1d10 (2) = Blue

Siblings: 1d10 (5) = 1

Star Sign: 1d100 (98) = The Bonesaw, sign of Skill and Learning

Birthplace: 1d10 (9) = Hmm shoulda been a D100...i'll just tack on a zero and..Reikwald Forest!

Starting Gold Crowns: 2d10 (7,5 = 12) =12 GC!

Skills: (Without the career because I don't know which of the three you will choose) Common Knowledge (Elves); Speak Language (eltharin); Speak Language (Reikspiel)

Talents: (Once again, I don't know what ones you will choose, nore your career, so I will list your racial ones, you choose the one when it says or, and the career, and I will give you the rest) Aethyric Attunment or Special Weapon Group (Longbow), Coolheaded or Savvy, Excellent Vision, Night Vision.

Trappings (Will tell you when you give me your career choice)

Marley117
09-16-2009, 12:56 PM
So there is your character Gortek! Well some of him. Just let me know your decisions, and I will let you know the options. (You know, Career choice, trapings, talents, skills, etc)

gorteck
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Again thanks. I do not know what would be best for me to take as I do not know what the talents do nor do I know how talents work or what would be best for my chearter based on his stats. Having said this I am going to guess that longbow and coolheaded are what I would/should take. I am not sure what I Kithkin Warrior is but I will head your advice and take that. I am open to sugestions as to the rest.
Thanks

Marley117
09-18-2009, 09:51 PM
ok. I can't atm post up all of your choices in the class, but I will tomorrow and we will go from there. I'll put up an overview of them too.

Marley117
09-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Ok here we go.

Talents: Aethyric Attunment -10% bonus to channeling and magical sense
or
Special Weapon Group (Longbow)-allows you to use longbows without penalty

Coolheaded- +5% to your will power
or
Savvy-+5% to your int.

Excellent Vision- +10% on perception sight and lip reading checks
Night Vision- see 30 yds in natural (IE stars and such) darkness

Marksman-+5 bonus to Ballistic skill characteristic
or
Rover- At home in the wild. +10% bonus to hide andmove silently while in Rural locations.

Rapid Reload- reduce the reload time of all ranged weapons by half-action.
or
Warrior Born- +5% to your Weapon Skill.

Skills:
Common Knowledge (Elves)
Speak Language (eltharin)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)
Concealment
Dodge Blow
Follow Trail
Heal or Search
Outdoor Survival
Perception
Scale Sheer Surface
Silent Move

Trappings. Elfbow with 10 arrows, Light armor (Leather Jacket)
Common Clothing, tattered cloak, dagger, backpack ( blanket, wooden tankard, wooden cutlery set One handed weapon (Sword Axe, etc)

Plus whatever you buy

Plus you get a free advance which means you can add 5% to WS, BS, AG, Int, or WP.
Or
add 1 to your wounds.

DeadMike
09-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Again thanks. I do not know what would be best for me to take as I do not know what the talents do nor do I know how talents work or what would be best for my chearter based on his stats. Having said this I am going to guess that longbow and coolheaded are what I would/should take. I am not sure what I Kithkin Warrior is but I will head your advice and take that. I am open to sugestions as to the rest.
Thanks

Kithkin Warrior = Elvin Bad Ass! A very strong way to start a character.