PDA

View Full Version : Dallas group seeks new player

GoddessGood
08-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Heyas all. I'll be posting this in the game finder section as well, but here are the salient details.

Small group seeks new player. We have 3 core players and two that occasionally drop in. We are currently playing Exalted (2nd edition) after a quick jaunt through the Keep on the Shadowfell (4e). There are currently two women (including the GM, me) and four men in the group and we're all more or less twenty somethings (even if only in our heads). We tend to play in depth characters and enjoy in-character interaction but not to the point where there is no combat. We are very laid back, easily distracted, and enjoy geeky humor. We try to run mature games (really, we do), we cuss, engage in ribald humor and generally have a good time. Drugs and getting/being drunk at the game is not welcome.

We game in an apartment every other Saturday night in comfy couches around a folding table. There are "hypoallergenic" cats and nobody smokes. The "management" attempts to keep the place clean, but hopes we forgive her for occasional, small lapses. We occasionally order food but mostly we bring our own. Coffee, tea and soda (sometimes) is provided. We meet at 6 and game until we get tired (usually around 1 or 2).

So enough about us, here's what we're looking for.

Please be capable of making a bi-weekly, 6+ hour, Saturday night game in Richardson on your own steam. Please be willing to do this more often than not. We understand if a player must be late or can't make it to a game, but this should be the exception rather than the rule. Please be willing to chip in on food if we order as a group or to bring your own meal. Please be willing to play White Wolf's Exalted 2nd edition, as we have just started a campaign that will likely be lasting several months. Don't worry if you have no experience with the system, we are willing to teach you. Please be laid back; we are here to have fun, not win a game. Finally (and though this shouldn't have to be said, it bears mentioning), please be able to act like an adult human being; this includes bathing, having some semblance of manners and suchlike.

If you are interested, please PM me here or send an e-mail to andreamillertexas (at) yahoo (dot) com. You can also find our campaign on Obsidian Portal, it is titled Ghost of a Chance.

Fon_Win
08-17-2009, 11:46 PM
heydy hooo. I'm looking for a group to game with, live in dallas and pretty much meet your criteria. I'm not at "familiar" with the game system, but am familiar with d20, dicepool and just about any variation out there. I'm definitely looking for group/gm that more about the story than about argueing game mechanics. I've got every other saturday off, just need to see if we mesh ok and if that saturday aligns.

I plan on starting a 4.0 dnd group in the near future also.

send me a tell, and we can all chat a bit more.

Randy.

GoddessGood
08-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Eegads, sorry for taking so long to respond. It seems I can only check the boards on weekends any more. I'm glad to see I'm getting some interest. I'll be sending a PM along in a bit and see if we can't meet up soon.

Fon_Win
08-23-2009, 06:17 PM
looks like my everyother saturday just filled up with unhallowed...

I'm still looking for a 4.0 game wednesday or fridays...

Vikai
11-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Evening, Morning, Lo and Good Day!

I have not gamed tabletop for probably about a year with a group larger than 3 sadly, so I am actually a tad bit rusty. Since I have finally gotten ahold of copies of 4e, I have decided to venture out and find a group to Bold the weathers of the harsh armies. My experience? I am quick to learn. I enjoy new games, puzzles and powers to attain. I am not the most outgoing, but I do plan to at least enjoy the evening. If your slot has not been filled, Please contact me, I would be very interested in your group.

Thanks.
Vik

Experience - Player for 7 years
Mentor for 2 years
GM for one sad campaign
Cannon Fodder for one great campaign