PDA

View Full Version : Transformers/G.I. Joe (Cartoon Action Hour Season Two rpg) game over OpenRPG

daddystabz
08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I am going to be starting a new game on here soon based on Transformers and G.I. Joe, the live-action movie franchises. I am looking to recruit interested players for these games that will be held on a rotational basis. We can discuss day of the week and time of the day once we see who all is interested initially. I have character writeups for the main characters of both franchises and players can play the well-established characters.

Cartoon Action Hour Season Two will be the game engine we will be using for these games. It is a super easy system to learn and run. I can teach it to the players easily and this can be done in literally 15 minutes or so. I will provide game aids to players they can use to learn the game system easily. It is really very simple.

This game will be held online over OpenRPG (openrpg.com), which is a place where you can download software that allows you to play pen and paper rpg games over the net.

Wraith
08-16-2009, 06:25 PM
You have my attention... this sounds completely awesome...

count me in!

Ayleron
08-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Are players only aloud to play the well established characters or could we create a new character if we join?

Fuzzy alchemist
09-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Sounds like it could be fun. I would be interested in hearing more about it. I would need to learn the system, but you seemed to indicate that was a simple matter.

daddystabz
09-01-2009, 05:59 AM
We will be focusing mostly on playing the established characters but if you had a concept/character you created you want to play then I would probably be open to that as well.

Deadone
09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Just curious what is wrong with playing in this chat room? Also what would the game times be?

daddystabz
09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
OpenRPG is better because it gives you tools to run RPGs with. It gives GMs the ability to load minis for each character/NPC, it allows the GM to load maps for use in the games, it allows each person to be in a unified chat window, it also allows all the needed dice rolls for various types of RPGs. And you can see each person's dice rolls in real time.

As for dates/times we will play I will decide that once we get enough people saying they are interested and want to play. Once that occurs we will discuss days/times so we can try to make it work for everyone as best we can.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

So how many people do we have that would be willing to play either G.I. Joe or Transformers if I provide materials to you to help you to easily learn the game? The system is incredibly simple and I can teach it to you all easily. We can come up with days/times to fit us all. I just need to see how many want to play.

Here is a direct link to my game as listed on the OpenRPG forums: http://www.rpgobjects.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=2&topic=559

Fuzzy alchemist
09-03-2009, 01:30 PM
You can count me among those willing to play.