PDA

View Full Version : Survey of the Grey Mountains

Fersboo
08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Frequency of posting and frequency of chat room as well as time to be determined. Looking for 4-6 players.

I haven't GM'd in a number of years and am new to online RP so I'll ask for forbearance as I get this setup. Those not familiar with Warhammer Fantasy are still welcome, as I want to have fun.

ADVENTURERS OF WITH AND SOME LITTLE INTELLECT REQUIRED

For a SURVEY of the Grey Mountains of this area, in search of TOMBS, Burial Mounds and other such RELICS of the ANTIQUE PAST.

The SEARCHING to be CONDUCTED by Small Gruoups, each with an allotted REGION, who must STUDY, Survey, Map and REPORT (in a FAIR and READABLE Hand) upon all SITES of INTEREST they Discover.

SKILLS and Talents for SCOUTING, MAPPING and Survival are REQUISITE, since each party shall rely on their OWN RESOURCES to maintain them in the Wilds, and LOOK TO THEMSELVES against all Danger and Adversity.

GOOD PAY, with BONUS for each Discovery made.

SEEK OUT JEAN-LOUIS DINTRANS AT THE MONASTERY OF LA MAISONTAAL

gorteck
08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I am interested in your game. Would you please tell me more. I am wishing to find a game that plays online.
My email is happymusicplayon@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you.

Fersboo
08-16-2009, 08:38 AM
More info to be posted shortly when I get the forum set-up. But I can tell you now that the Warhammer world is a grim, dangerous place.

The Warhammer world bears a vague resemblance to our own history, but in this land, mankind does not hold sole dominion over the globe. The kingdoms, empires and principalitites of the world are shared with fantastical and horrific creatures, from the ancient races of Elf- and Dwarf-kind to Vampires, Trolls and Daemons.
Conflict is rife, from the clashes of mighty armies to the politicking of ambitious burgomeisters. The very ground seems to breed division and malcontent, intrigue and corruption.
Life is short and brutal. Danger lurks in the dark of the forest and the stink of the cities. Orcs, Beastment and other, blasphemous things stalk the wild places, attacking the weak and unwary. Beneath the earth loathsome Ratmen gnaw away at the soft underbelly of civilisation itself. At their hands many die each day, finally escaping a world where dark humour and wilful ignorance are the cold comforts that folk must cling to.
Of course, this mortal suffering does not go unseen. Ancient eyes ceaselessly regard this roiling tableau of life and death, trust and betrayal. These Ruinous Powers seek to snuff out the candle flame of mortal existence, and claim the land as their own, eternal, Realm of Chaos.
It is to these Dark Gods that many turn. Heretical cults promise power, knowledge, pleasure and riches to those willing to give themselves over to worship of the forbidden. The Ruinous Powers bless these folk with all that they deserve - from miraculous powers to hideous mutations. Each soul so touched becomes part of the unending war that Chaos wages upon the world and its inhabitants.
This is the land in which your adventures will take place, a world of unwilling heroes, deperate struggle and black irony. This is the Warhammer World.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
We potentially have 3 players so far. We can discuss times and days for mini chat sessions for roll up characters and for me to answer general questions about RP-ing in the Warhammer world.

Once we get our party rolled up, we have an adventure campaign already set up and about ready to go.

I'd like to post at least once a day during the business week and schedule a weekly chat session. For those not on EST, we will need you to post what times will be good for you.

BTW, characters can be entirely random or at both the DM and player's discretion, chosen within those allowable for their race.

MuslixtheMighty
08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
Greenskins? Dark Elves? Chaos Marauders? The end is always worth the means as long as the end involves plenty of marks.

Count me in!

Fersboo
08-16-2009, 08:43 PM
The PbP thread with links to my WFRP wiki is here (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175).

Make sure you join the social group so you may use the dice roller.

I do believe we have 4 individuals posting interest. We'll have this adventure rolling in no time. :cool:

MuslixtheMighty
08-16-2009, 09:58 PM
The PbP thread with links to my WFRP wiki is here (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175).

Make sure you join the social group so you may use the dice roller.

I do believe we have 4 individuals posting interest. We'll have this adventure rolling in no time. :cool:

The link in your post doesn't seem to be working for me. I keep getting a "You do not have permission to access this page".

Fersboo
08-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Okay, thanks for trying the link. I'll have to figure out what I did wrong. I may just move it into the forums.

Necron99
08-16-2009, 10:38 PM
same error for me as well. I had to go to your profile and manually join the group from there

Fersboo
08-17-2009, 08:52 AM
I had the Social group set to Moderated:rolleyes:. I've changed it to public, so you shouldn't have any troubles joining or waiting for me to approve.

I've got 2 definites and 2 maybes. Once we shore up the maybes we can get started or wait a few days for stragglers.

DeadMike
08-18-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm down, depending on the day of the week. There is no way I can post eveyday though. My modem has serious issues with the summer days... even with the air on and a fan pointing at it. Anyway, wednesdays and saterdays I am commited already. Let me know, Mike

Fersboo
08-18-2009, 10:17 AM
I'll be in the chat room tonight for character generation about 9pm EST until about 11:30 or so.

DeadMike, we can try and be accommodating, can you at least post a couple times a week?

DeadMike
08-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I'll be in the chat room tonight for character generation about 9pm EST until about 11:30 or so.

DeadMike, we can try and be accommodating, can you at least post a couple times a week?

Yep, I can post a couple of times a week, no problem. I'm not sure if my game tonight was cancelled or not, so I may be able to make it tonight for char-gen. We usually start the games at 2100 hrs EST., so I'm not sure.
Mike

Fersboo
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, Necron made a good suggestion that we could also roll for characters in the forum. If you want to head over to the PbP thread (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12391)and post your choice for race, we can start working up your character.

Fersboo
08-21-2009, 08:58 AM
We have 3 that are in the process of generating characters. I would like 1 to 3 more.

Averix
08-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Are you still looking for people?

I wouldn't mind trying to play a little PbP. I'm currently playing two PbP on a different forum.

Just let me know and I'll try add something your thread.

Fersboo
08-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok. I've got 4 or 5 players, last call before we set out.

DeadMike
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok. I've got 4 or 5 players, last call before we set out.
I may have found a new player for you. Mike

DeadMike
09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
ADVENTURERS OF WITH AND SOME LITTLE INTELLECT REQUIRED

For a SURVEY of the Grey Mountains of this area, in search of TOMBS, Burial Mounds and other such RELICS of the ANTIQUE PAST.

The SEARCHING to be CONDUCTED by Small Gruoups, each with an allotted REGION, who must STUDY, Survey, Map and REPORT (in a FAIR and READABLE Hand) upon all SITES of INTEREST they Discover.

SKILLS and Talents for SCOUTING, MAPPING and Survival are REQUISITE, since each party shall rely on their OWN RESOURCES to maintain them in the Wilds, and LOOK TO THEMSELVES against all Danger and Adversity.

GOOD PAY, with BONUS for each Discovery made.

SEEK OUT JEAN-LOUIS DINTRANS AT THE MONASTERY OF LA MAISONTAAL

Hmmm. I was wondering, are we going straight into this when we start (If we actually start)? I personally (Well, my character actually) Does not have the skills scouting, mapping or survival. Being a watchman I have no rural skills to speak of, so the scouting and survival are out. I also can not read or write let alone act as a cartographer. Vashalls Dwarf is a mercenary, Averix has a dwarven pit fighter, MuslixtheMighty is... I don't know. The only roll I see for him is for starting cash!?!? Necron99 has a Human Marine. All of those are lacking in not only scouting skills and rural survival, but also the read/write skill. I was wondering if you were planing on sending along an NPC of something. If not, are we were going to be doing some small starter adventures before we move on out to the hills? Mike

AnimusVirtus
09-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I've been out of gaming for some time but am with a serious Jones these days. I own ye olde Warhammer RPG and have played it enough in the past so as to understand the mechanics. I'm happy to play whatever role might be lacking, or, barring a need for a specific role, ... well, who knows.

I can post daily. Schedule is mostly open for chatting after 9pm EST on any nights save Mondays & Thursdays. Weekend chat options are a bit more open provided wife's understanding.

Cheers

gorteck
09-08-2009, 02:10 PM
The 15th should be fine for me. I do have some questions.
1- I think I missed the chear. gen. fase. Ummm I might need some help with that.
2- I do not think I can do the daily post thing but the chating should work. That will be a new thing for me so I am sure I will have FUN learning how to do that. <grin>
3- what classes are there and what is needed for the group?
4- If I can't play can I lurk?
Have a nice day

DeadMike
09-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Well AnimusVirtus and gorteck I would love to answer your questions, but you really need to talk to Fersboo. Unfortunately he is down with some r/l troubles at the moment. He should be back in action at the end of this week though. I would highly suggest that you post your requests and questions at this link though http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12391 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12391) .

AnimusVirtus, actually you could probably just go ahead and roll up a character. You do have warhammer version 2 right? Just go to the link up there and read the thread then roll one up.

gorteck, same as AnimusVirtus mostly. I'm not sure what you mean by the 15th. As for classes, do you mean classes to learn to play? Lost me there. As for what you need to join the group is to go over to here http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=179 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=179)
I believe and click on join group. We have another player with none of the books and he is doing fine. I would suggest getting the core book though. Up to you really. Any specific questions should be sent to the GM, Fersboo. I would not expect a response until at least this week end though.
Mike

gorteck
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Sorry, I ment charter classes. Though I do not have the player handbook as I recall WHFP has LOTS of chearter classes to choose from. Also there is this roll for personal class as this impacts the choice of class you can choose to start playing.
I was thinking that I was emailing the DM. Sorry.