PDA

View Full Version : Online D&D 4E Looking to Recruit 2-3 Additional Members

TheOneBigOne
08-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Due to schedule conflicts, and the late night games we have been involved in, two of our core members have chosen to leave. Thus, we are recruiting two to three new members for our online D&D 4E game. We are looking for mature adult gamers who are able to commit to a schedule and play regularly. This game will be held on Fridays 10:00pm Eastern US. Game usually lasts beyond 2:00am Eastern US.

We will be using Ventrilo, Maptools, Chatrooms, and Online Dice Rollers.

PM or post your interest and we will schedule an informal interview over Ventrilo.

UndeadJack
08-15-2009, 11:24 AM
This is to anyone that reads i am one of the two people that are already in the group and i would be glad to help answer any questions il help with just about anything PM me if you would like =)

Lumial
08-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I am interested in playing. I have never played in an online campaign but am willing to try if you'll have me. I've been playing D&D for several years 3.5 & 4. I currently play locally in a 4e campaign but once a week is not enough for me. I am willing to play whatever is needed for the party. Here is my E-mail Lughwitch@aol.com . I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Todd

kurtthedm
08-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I would be interested in such a game. I have DMed and played in several 4E games. My email is kurtsg@umich.edu. What setting is it? I <3 Eberron, but I'm up for anythign.,

Valthos
08-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Greetings everyone, I'm another player in this game and thought some might like to know some things:

As our GM said in the original post, sadly our healer and ranger had to drop because of time schedule conflict, so right now we are down to 2 defenders (me as a swordmage and Undead Jack as a fighter). It would be very good if people picked other character types to balance the team, but that just my personal opinion.

Our game doesn't have a "fixed setting", the best way to explain our game is that it is a mix of many past RPG experiences (including scenarios such as Eberron, Forgotten Realms, Iron Kingdoms, etc.) and making an unique and well mixed world; so expect some degree of houserules as not everything is just like in the books. (Personal opinion: I honestly believe this helps make the game more fun and more surprising at every turn as you never know what might happen in the path you choose.)

Oh, that reminds me, the game is very open; luckily our GM (Theonebigone) allows players to freely choose their paths and there is always room for any new and imaginative ideas to solve any situation that comes up.

So, if our brief explanations so far have sparked interest and you are willing to commit to the game and its schedule, let us know and start thinking on your characters.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in this topic, PM either one of us (Theonebigone, Undead Jack and/or me) or whatever other way works best for you.

Lumial
08-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I can defenitely commit to the schedule. I work nights mon-thurs and friday during the day so work will not interfere with playing. I was on the internet last night looking at maptools and was blown away. I wish I would have looked into online gaming a long time ago. I am somewhat familiar with vent from my Call of Duty days but its been a few years. I also believe in party balance so as i said i am willing to play whatever helps the party the most.I like the idea of not having a fixed setting although i do prefer FR over Eberron. I do have some questions. How do you like the online compared to playing at a table? Is there any downfalls to playing online vs. at a table? How long have you guys been playing? In character creation do you use the point buy system? What is the starting level? Thats all i can think of right now. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Todd

RannXerox
08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you still have an opening for a player? I have played off and on for over 20 years, still learning 4ed. Time frame does not look to be an issue. Thanks.

UndeadJack
08-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Hey any one who reads this post if you have msn or anything else feel free to add me if you have any questions DarkRoxas_123@hotmail.com

Valthos
08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Let's see if I can tackle some of these questions:

Lumial,

Online game vs at the table

Hmm....comparing online gaming and "at the table" gaming. Well, there are, obviously, differences as you will probably lose the whole facial and gesture expressions and side conversations aren't as easily done.

But online gaming as its advantages as well, such as, I believe, a considerable more freedom to the game. The "table" may change on demand, so you don't need to imagine or have the right table setting for each scenario (maptools will allow you to make anything you want, whenever you want).

It allows a more diverse group (at least for me this interesting as I'm Brazilian and thanks to this I have the chance to play with people from other countries fairly easy).

Another thing that is interesting is that, in my personal opinion, since the game will focus more on speech than anything else to portrait all characters, it certainly makes the roleplaying different and interesting (specially if you like radio shows/audiobooks/etc.).

I don't see any other differences. Also, I certainly wouldn't say either one is better than the other, for me they are simply two ways to play the game and have fun, and you won't miss anything out on either one of them.

How long have we been playing

Truth be told the game is fairly new, we have only been able to hold two sessions until our friends sadly had to quit because of schedule conflict.

This was actualy an important factor to us as we had discussed if it would be necessary to start over or not. (Since we are only at the very start of the game, we think it won't be necessary as new players may easily be filled in on the story.)

Character creation

We have all rolled dice for characters; personally I always hated it because the dice have always been a harsh mistress to me during character creation (which proved true once again as my best roll was a 14, but you get used to it).

Thinking on class, background, personality and how you want to roleplay your character would probably be the best thing right now; as rolling stats can be quickly, and easily, done at the very start of the session, our during the week with Theonebigone.

Starting level

We are all poor, lowly level 1 characters at the moment; but don't intend to stay like that for long.

Jokes aside, fresh new characters as per the Player's Handbook (100 GP).

RannXerox,

We certainly are looking for players, our requirements are simple, willingness to commit to the game schedule and mature adult gamers that want to play the game. Simple as that.

If you fit that criteria, tell us how we can talk with you and start thinking of your character, as I believe we may very well have a session this Friday.

If I missed any questions, I apologize and please let me know and I (or someone else) will try to answer.

TheOneBigOne
08-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Recruitment is closed