PDA

View Full Version : Unhallowed Metropolis (a Neo-Victorian Horror RPG)

arch2ngel
08-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Unhallowed Metropolis is a "gas-mask chic" role-playing game of Neo-Victorian distopian horror.

Set in 2105 AD it has been two hundred years since the first outbreak of the Plague, when without warning the dead rose, spreading undeath through the world. Countless millions perished in the chaos that followed. It was the dawn of a new dark age.

London, the capitol of the Neo-Victorian Empire, is a vast, densely crowded, fortified city. Beneasth the towering walls and crackling Tesla towers, where the fallout of a thousand crematoria darkens the streets, ten million souls live in squalor, breathing the choking fogs. Predators, human and inhuman, stalk slums and rookeries, preying on the unwary and the helpless. Driven by an insatiable hunger for immortality, pjysicians search tirelessly for the Elixir Vitae, the fabled alchemical solution that promises life eternal and a cure for the Plague. Abot it all, the aristocracy looks down, pristine and enduring behind their walls of privilege, but preyed upon by dangers more insidious than those that infest the street.

Even in this time of darkness there are those with the strength to fight.

Undertakers, Mourners, soldiers, and scientiests do battle with the horrors of the age, keeping a solemn vigil over the Unhallowed Metropolis.

Now that I've typed out the back cover to the game: I'm looking for 4-6 players to run through an introductory campaign - introductory in the sense that it'll showcase the world and introducing the players to it, not in the sense that it'll be for beginning players (though they're welcome, too), or short (I'm planning a weekly campaign that'll last as long as the players are interested in it.) As for what day of the week - I'll leave that up to the players, but I'd prefer to play sometime during the weekend.

Rochin
08-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Unhallowed Metropolis is a "gas-mask chic" role-playing game of Neo-Victorian distopian horror.

Set in 2105 AD it has been two hundred years since the first outbreak of the Plague, when without warning the dead rose, spreading undeath through the world. Countless millions perished in the chaos that followed. It was the dawn of a new dark age.

London, the capitol of the Neo-Victorian Empire, is a vast, densely crowded, fortified city. Beneasth the towering walls and crackling Tesla towers, where the fallout of a thousand crematoria darkens the streets, ten million souls live in squalor, breathing the choking fogs. Predators, human and inhuman, stalk slums and rookeries, preying on the unwary and the helpless. Driven by an insatiable hunger for immortality, pjysicians search tirelessly for the Elixir Vitae, the fabled alchemical solution that promises life eternal and a cure for the Plague. Abot it all, the aristocracy looks down, pristine and enduring behind their walls of privilege, but preyed upon by dangers more insidious than those that infest the street.

Even in this time of darkness there are those with the strength to fight.

Undertakers, Mourners, soldiers, and scientiests do battle with the horrors of the age, keeping a solemn vigil over the Unhallowed Metropolis.

Now that I've typed out the back cover to the game: I'm looking for 4-6 players to run through an introductory campaign - introductory in the sense that it'll showcase the world and introducing the players to it, not in the sense that it'll be for beginning players (though they're welcome, too), or short (I'm planning a weekly campaign that'll last as long as the players are interested in it.) As for what day of the week - I'll leave that up to the players, but I'd prefer to play sometime during the weekend.

Sounds great, too bad I am always too far from the good games, lol. Very similar to an idea I had about a 3 weeks ago.

arch2ngel
08-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Isn't that always the way of it? I'd be pretty frustrated if a game I wanted to play in was only 40 miles away (as that's definitely too far to go on a regular basis, but not like it's thousands of miles away either, so it feels like it's JUST out of your reach...)

In any case, I hope you find a game closer to home! :)

wbrandel
08-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I am interested in it. I have never played Unhallowed but I am willing to give almost anything a try once. Saturday after 4:00 pm would be best for me as long as the game doesn't last much past 10. I work weekends.

arch2ngel
08-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Okay, an update:

Right now, it looks like we'll be playing either Friday or Saturday evening. I have four potential players right now, but only three that can agree. Two who could play Friday or Saturday, and two that could play one on Friday and one on Saturday. I'm going to see if either of them can be convinced to play on the other day, or if I can find at least one more player. Once we have four players for either day, I'll work on getting an actual date set for the first game session.

I'll let you know when I have more details, but I thought it best to at least provide an update. :)

arch2ngel
08-19-2009, 07:08 PM
It looks like we now have enough players to get started, so I created a Social Group called "Inhabitants of the Unhallowed Metropolis" (at http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=182 (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=182) on this website.)

Anyone who wants to be in on the discussion on when and where we meet should join. (Right now I'm suggesting August 29th at 4pm at my place in Allen, TX, but every bit of that is open for discussion, if anyone prefers some other time or place.)

We have four players now, but I'm more than willing to accept more, so don't hesitate to ask to join!

In any case, we should be gaming soon! :)