PDA

View Full Version : Paizo's website getting heavy volume...

WhiteTiger
08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Just thought to let people know that Paizo is experiencing heavy volume traffic and the new PDF release has been delayed several hours but should be up later today or tomorrow.

From the photos, it looks like sales are strong at Gencon and lisa stevens has apparently done over 300 autographs in the just the first few hours of the first day.

cigamnogard
08-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Good news!

Farcaster
08-14-2009, 12:23 AM
When they opened up the GenCon Exhibit Hall at 10am, there were people almost running, making a direct b-line for the Paizo booth. Within minutes the entire place was swarmed and there was a line that wrapped itself around the booth and down the hall. Some people had as many as six copies (the limit) in hand. It was incredible to see.

cigamnogard
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
That's really good news! Especially in these economic times!

tesral
08-16-2009, 01:58 AM
When they opened up the GenCon Exhibit Hall at 10am, there were people almost running, making a direct b-line for the Paizo booth. Within minutes the entire place was swarmed and there was a line that wrapped itself around the booth and down the hall. Some people had as many as six copies (the limit) in hand. It was incredible to see.

Something I don't understand. Unless they were selling them cheap, or I wanted it signed I wouldn't joust with the crowd. I would do what i did and order it on-line.

I as a policy do not buy at cons what I can get not at cons for the same price or a better price. When at a con I look for the stuff I can't get when not at a con.

I have mine on order. The LHS has a pile of the Pathfinder books on the shelf. No, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I don't understand the rush.

Farcaster
08-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, there are a frew reasons that I think people were rushing to get a copy of Pathfinder at the convention. The first is that Paizo has already told us that they have sold out of the books and that it is possible that not all existing pre-orders made with Amazon and the like may be fulfilled. Secondarily, Pathfinder released early at GenCon and if you wanted to start using it immediately in one of the organized play essions, you would probably want to buy it. And, yes, about all of the heavy-hitters from Paizo were there and signing books.

Lastly .. why not? Unless you are getting the book at a steep Amazon discount, the convention price is the same that you'd get at your local store, except that in addition, you could get the PDF copy for $5 when you bought the book there at the con.

Skunkape
08-17-2009, 07:12 AM
except that in addition, you could get the PDF copy for $5 when you bought the book there at the con.

That would be a great incentive to buy it at the con for me!

cigamnogard
08-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Very smart marketing move!

agoraderek
09-13-2009, 12:42 AM
of course, you got the PDF free if you had a Paizo Rulebook sub, and a 15% discount if you had a "superscriber" subscription.

My copy arrived three days before GenCon to boot!

;)