PDA

View Full Version : Guest DM'ing again --> Need Eberron Adventure for 3rd Level Characters!

cigamnogard
08-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Looks like the DM has backed out again for the next game - so, I will be "guest DM'ing" again --> Need Eberron Adventure for 3rd Level Characters! Last time I wrapped up the adventure in Varna and steared the group towards Passage.
Any ideas?
Any links?
Ideally any modules?
Normally, I would have had the game all set up but the game is August 16th at 1pm!

syllander
08-13-2009, 04:50 PM
do something that I have done once. The Lord of Blades is at his old tricks again, but this time he has had a powerful artifact stolen from the church of the Silver Flame. The Item is said to lead to a place where possible Dragon shards maybe found. Have them find some clues that not only The Lord of Blades is involved but also the Cults of the Dragon Below. You can pretty make up as you go.

cigamnogard
08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Looking for more stuff along the below lines:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/as/20061113a

This might also assist:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/blog.php?b=518

nijineko
08-22-2009, 11:38 PM
so how did the game go?

cigamnogard
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
If you are looking for the story form - try:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/blog.php?u=6500

I used the following D&D adventure:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20040529a

Reader's Digest Form
It went really good and there was time to throw at them a CR 11 harpy archer that possessed a deck of many things!
-->average party level is now 8, with one @ 9, and one @ 13!

nijineko
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
sweetness.

cigamnogard
08-24-2009, 06:13 PM
It is! Now, I need a higher level adventure...Any ideas?

cplmac
08-25-2009, 06:49 PM
:laugh: Or, you could just replace the lower level encounters with higher level creatures and NPCs. Works in a pinch, if you don't get ahold of a higher level module.

cigamnogard
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
True - in a pinch it will work. But, have at least a few weeks before the nextr game so there's time this time. Who knows the regular DM may show up as well.

nijineko
08-26-2009, 06:07 PM
i'm always fond of helping people out with adventures and plots. feel free to im me or drop me an email or whatnot. =D my dm does it all the time for every group of his that i'm not in. ^^ and isn't that a testimonial! ;D

cigamnogard
08-28-2009, 02:37 PM
i'm always fond of helping people out with adventures and plots. feel free to im me or drop me an email or whatnot. =D my dm does it all the time for every group of his that i'm not in. ^^ and isn't that a testimonial! ;D
Any ideas then?

nijineko
08-31-2009, 01:26 AM
many, and i suggest a dilemma of some sort. ^^ i take it that everyone made the save versus disease? perhaps a magical disease... how about some sort of creature that is so dense that it swims through solid matter the way the other creatures might swim through water? heh. i could easily go off all random. how about you send me some of your ideas as to what direction you want to take things, and i'll start throwing back more targeted ideas than the otherwise purely random stuff you'd likely get. =D

cigamnogard
08-31-2009, 01:57 PM
As they are 8th + level with equiptment of 1-3rd level my guess is that they would like what every player wants --> $ and material items!

nijineko
08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
so... have them take out some local bully operation or something, and then have a lower level minion who was away burst in with some crisis just after they finished off the former leaders... and have the minion then just assume that the pcs are the new bosses and dumps the problem in their lap. or more than one, each with a different problem, if the pcs seem to waver.

they have the opportunity to milk the organization, a moral quandary depending on what exactly the organization's business was, and a problem because all the minions now expect them to be the bosses cause they sure as heck aren't stepping up, not when the big-bad someone is owed a lot of money and is coming to get it in boss-hide if not in valuables. meaning the pc's, since they are now the bosses. ^^

and the minions would testify that they are the bosses, so going to the authorities might be a difficult matter... either the pcs are now guilty by association, they are guilty of vigilanteism (and getting spoils that the authorities likely wanted), or impersonating representatives of the law, or any other way you can twist how the situation looks.

if the players are clever and quick, they might be able to get out of it all. or maybe they'll take over the business and try to make it go clean. any way it crumbles, it's sure to be interesting. =D

cigamnogard
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
so... have them take out some local bully operation or something, and then have a lower level minion who was away burst in with some crisis just after they finished off the former leaders... and have the minion then just assume that the pcs are the new bosses and dumps the problem in their lap. or more than one, each with a different problem, if the pcs seem to waver. =D

Sounds like a Steven Brust story - I like it!

they have the opportunity to milk the organization, a moral quandary depending on what exactly the organization's business was, and a problem because all the minions now expect them to be the bosses cause they sure as heck aren't stepping up, not when the big-bad someone is owed a lot of money and is coming to get it in boss-hide if not in valuables. meaning the pc's, since they are now the bosses. ^^

and the minions would testify that they are the bosses, so going to the authorities might be a difficult matter... either the pcs are now guilty by association, they are guilty of vigilanteism (and getting spoils that the authorities likely wanted), or impersonating representatives of the law, or any other way you can twist how the situation looks.

if the players are clever and quick, they might be able to get out of it all. or maybe they'll take over the business and try to make it go clean. any way it crumbles, it's sure to be interesting. =D
Yes, this has potential!