PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fellow gaming geeks in the Seattle Area

Spazzle
08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Greetings!

This is sort of a cross-post from my introduction, but wanted to post here as well. We're just looking to make new friends who are into games and would enjoy not just D&D (or other RPGs) but also into things like boardgames and card games. (we even started painting miniatures recently and are having fun at it - may even try our hand at Warhammer battles at some point)

--crosspost--
We recently moved to West Seattle and are loving it. I'm originally from Alaska and he's originally from Chicago, so our gaming buddies are a long ways away...

We're your typical gaming geeks - we love board games, role playing games, video games, even some card games. We mostly enjoy the social aspects - laughing, having fun, interesting conversations, maybe a little off-color humor. The good things in life. We recently joined a couple of groups and are having fun with the new D&D 4E - but both groups require a long road trip and are semi-regular at best. (I also have determined that while technically I can run a campaign as DM, it isn't my strongest skill set!)

We'd love to meet new folks in the area - and if we can start up a new group in West Seattle that'd be even better! (for a campaign, for board games, or even a one-shot dungeon delve - its all good)

We tend to mesh best with other adults, but we're always open to chatting with anyone. So if you're into general gaming/geek culture, drop me a line and say howdy. Maybe we can grab a coffee sometime? (and if you're not in the area, digital friends are good too)
--crosspost--

Cheers ~

Spazzle/Richard

brialalath
01-31-2010, 10:16 AM
looking to play games, any system at the moment,

you can contact me via here or email brialath@yahoo.com

Slipstream
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Welcome to Seattle, Spazzle. I live up in Broadview. If I hear anything of new groups coming I'll let you know. I'm in a Star Wars RPG group that's pretty strong, but also kinda full at the moment. We may see some space openings in a few months.

brainycat
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Welcome to Seattle, after moving here over 10 years ago I've never looked back. I'm looking for sci-fi games during the week. I'm just getting back into RPG after a 20+ year hiatus. Right now, I'm interested in All Flesh Must Be Eaten (especially with the All Tomorrows Zombies supplement), Eclipse Phase, or a cyberpunk game based on d20.

Spazzle
03-02-2010, 10:47 AM
I'll keep that in mind. I don't know for sure which day we'll be playing, but right now its looking like Friday evenings - or possibly some Saturdays. Right now I think we're going to be doing a 4E campaign, but that may vary.

(Star Wars d20 and Shadowrun have both been mentioned as possibilities, though I've not played Star Wars before, and have only played 1E Shadowrun)

We'll post updates as we look for more - right now its just the three of us and I'd like to eventually pick up another player or two.

cheers ~