PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Thread

Doom Crow
08-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

You were born into the world without sin, a blank slate on which limitless combinations of experiences and ideas could be imprinted upon, leading to a multitude of destinies that could have been yours. Free will has been the boon and bane of all sentient beings' existence, leaving open the choice to do good while always tempting one with that which leads to evil. Throughout your life, the choices you made and the events that impacted and molded you ultimately led you down a path that ended with you staring into the abyss that is evil.

Upon your death, you felt the darkness overtake you and pull you to a hell for which you could not describe, only know with certainty that you were surely damned for all eternity for your crimes and sins. For decades you suffered, tormented and butchered like dogs at the hands of demons and devils hungry for the taste of the damned. You came face to heel with the one fiend who laid claim to your very soul, the one you know now as Lord Apoxalon. He sought to break you in the pits of his domain, letting his minions do with you as they wished until finally he called upon you by name.

Your demonic overmaster has saw fit to bring you back to the world of the living to do his bidding. He desires more souls to add to his collection, and so he has given orders for you to be brought back into Pariatas so that you may have a hand in the corruption of the living so that they may meet Lord Apoxalon in the afterlife as you once did. He also wishes to establish a foothold in Pariatas, which you will also have a hand in creating for him.

Your immediate superior is a Succubus by the name of Nashira. She is a picture of beauty, her slender and full form tantalizing to the eye. Her attitude towards you however does not match her physical qualities, as she is hostile, bitter and curt when she deals with subordinates. She stands before you with a devious smile after Lord Apoxalon takes his leave, her taloned hands resting upon her hips as she looks you over in disgust. Get up, trash and follow me! We are going to send you into a meatsuit, so prepare yourself. You won't enjoy the ride. She snickers as she finishes her sentence, turning and proceeding down a long hallway. You get up and follow her, not wanting to end up back in the pits that you can see below you through the grated floor. The screams of those unlucky enough to not be chosen spur you on, and soon you find yourself in a circular chamber with Nashira standing in its center beside what looks like a shimmering curtain of shadow.

Have the preparations been completed? Nashira barks at the shadow, and after a few moments you can seen opaque images fluctuating inside the shadow. Sound begins to emanate from it in a distorted, echoing tone. Yes, Seductress, we are ready and waiting for your command to proceed. A scowl forms on Nashira's face, her frustration apparent as she howls. Then get to it, idiots! Why would I ask if you were ready if I didn't want you to begin! Get them into their meatsuits already!! She demoness turns her head to look you square in the eye, smirking slightly before addressing you. I'll catch you on the flip-side. Enjoy the ride. Her laughter reverberates in the chamber after she steps into the black curtain and is gone, sending an ominous chill down your spine.

Gazing into the blackness, the sound of voices chanting fills the chamber, rising in volume until it becomes almost deafening, overwhelming your senses. Soon you begin to feel strange, as if some force was touching you at first, and then it pierces you like a harpoon and all you can do is scream. Your entire being is ripped away in a moment, as if you were forced out of existence and then thrust into a sea of dark fire eating away at your core, trying to prevent you from leaving. The pain is not physical, you're not even sure what it is except for pure anguish, and the moment feels like an eternity in and of itself. There is respite from this hell though, and it comes as you suddenly emerge from the black sea and open your eyes hearing one word: Rise...

Fuzzy alchemist
08-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Lucifer in the body of Purnam Kadra is the first to rise not wanting to do anything to give his masters second thoughts about this gift they had given him. Mustering the will and energy is hard after the painful journey here, but he does his best not to show it. He was wearing an outfit made from strips of fine diaphanous cloth strung between metal rings at the joints of the body. His entire body was covered but still visible through the cloth except for the groin which was covered in embroidery for decency. His feet were covered by scrimshaw clogs depicting mermaids and sailors enjoying the affections of one another. He quickly begins playing with his hands loving the novelty of it. It was the first time in his entire existence he had had bones nevermind fingers. A wide smile spreads across his face as he thinks, "Such a lovely body. Magnificent bone structure, silky skin, I could definitely get used to this." He resisted the urge to explore its wonders further while his master's watch dog was here lest they feel that his enjoyment of the body might distract him from his task. He looked at the other people there imagining what kind of undead they would be best used to make and how well they would serve their function. It was an old habit that died hard.

traesin
08-13-2009, 08:14 AM
I open my eyes and look around. I see the sky and the trees. I'm alive! I quickly get to my knees and notice that I'm wearing the outfit of a Hunter. I take a moment to enjoy the feel of the wind on my face, then stand up and look at my fellow souls. Seeing a man also on his feet. I nod towards as to say "hello".

Fuzzy alchemist
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Lucifer looks towards the woman who nodded to him and beings to move towards her but quickly stops and simply returns her nod. He wanted to hug her, it had been so long since he had gotten to embrace anyone and never with arms, but he needed to seem professional to keep his position. He tries to force the smile off his face and focus on their job here but his mind keeps wandering to what he wanted to do first with his new body and other subjects that were distracting from the mission, whatever it might be. It also made it impossible for him to keep the smile off his face for any appreciable amount of time, but did prevent him from becoming too giddy with joy.

Thrush
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Mondis leaps off the ground and instinctively searches for the best place of shadow to hide himself. He stops once he catches a glimpse of the body he inhabits. Realizing the people next to him whom he does not recognize may be the others who accompanied him on that awful ride to this place. Only then does he feel wind go over his body. He drops to his knees and begins sobbing at the beauty of an existence he has long forgotten.

Doom Crow
08-13-2009, 07:27 PM
You find yourself waking into this existence in a large cave, surrounded by men and women you do not know. There is a natural opening in the ceiling going up to the surface, revealing the stars of the night sky to you and allowing the wind to funnel down to you. Flickering torchlight illuminates the room, and soon after you gain your bearings you come to understand what has happened to bring you here. Buckets of blood have been spilt upon the floor painting intricate circular designs along the perimeter of the room. Each of you lays upon a crude stone altar, draped in ebony linens with blood markings drawn on your face and body, though the blood is not your own. Five acolytes kneel in positions located around you amidst the blood patterns on the floor, catching their breath after having completed a long and arduous ritual. At your feet lie piles of ash, presumably the remnants of spent spell components used for the ritual.

Nashira is there as well, standing at the mouth of the entrance to the room. She appears just as when you last saw her, as beautiful and devious as ever. She holds a metal tray upon which rest five finely crafted rings made of what looks to be silver. Each ring has a different design, but they all have a single red gemstone faceted into it with a tiny marking etched into the stone. It's about time you woke up. I hate to be kept waiting you know. She strides towards you and hands each of you a specific ring. You will wear your ring at all times. It will provide you with knowledge of the person who once inhabited your body. Keep it safe, we wouldn't want your guest to get out. A sinister chuckle bubbles up from her as she smacks Nicodemos with the tray. Get up already!! This isn't a hotel I'm running!

Fuzzy alchemist
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Lucifer resists the urge to get cheeky and wink at Nashira as she hands him the ring. Not only was she likely far beyond his league, being a succubus and what not, but she could also destroy him in more ways than he cared to imagine being visited upon him. He could indulge himself as much as he wanted later. For now he had to make sure he did not damage his chances of being allowed to stay. Once he had built up a good track history again he could do things like that but for now he needed to be on his best behavior. He finally manages to wipe the smile off his face and look like he might actually be serious now that Nahsira was addressing them. She was their boss and making sure she had no reason to send him back was very important right now.

Arkhemedes
08-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Nicodemos rises up with a scowl on his face directed at Nashira. But upon seeing her gaze turn towards him again, he quickly remembers his place, and bows his head in subservience, not wishing to anger her any more now that he can once again feel the earth beneath his feet. Only a while longer and perhaps we can be rid of her for a time.

He looks down to examine his body and thinks to himself, I wonder who the poor fool was whose body I was given. Then he slips the ring on his finger and is assaulted by a flood of memories and a wealth of knowledge. Moments later, after taking in much of what the ring has given him, he thinks to himself, Hmm...perhaps this body will prove to be of some use after all. I just hope I can say the same about those I was brought here with. Lets hope they gave me some people I can actually use and not a bunch of weaklings who can't tell their asses from holes in the ground.

Azar
08-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Volker gets up, he is a bit dizzy at first but that passes. He looks up to see the people who Apoxalon has sent to do his bidding. After a few moments he looks at his hands and stares at them, he cracks his knuckles and then his neck. He grabs the ring and puts it on, he gains all the knowledge of this body, he doesn't flinch at all. Then Volker starts to speak and says "Ok lets get this over, what do you want me to do." in a calm voice.

Doom Crow
08-13-2009, 11:11 PM
After the rings have been distributed, Nashira slaps the tray into the chest of a weary acolyte, startling him from his post ritual daze. She turns to face the lot of you after Volker's words leave his mouth, placing her hands on her curvacious hips. You are here for one reason, to serve Lord Apoxalon. He has graciously given his Lieutenants command of this operation, which we intend to have carried out flawlessly, and we'll make good use of you to do it. Currently we are in a cave about fifteen miles from the city of Droxundus, which will be our new home for the time being. Droxundus is part of the Khedesh Commonwealth, an oligarchy on the continent of Kelant. This city is rife with souls just waiting to be led down the path to our Lord. Now, before we leave this place I want you to understand what it is that brought you here and what you were sent to do.

You are dead, and though you inhabit a body that has been brought back to life, you are still a soul of a dead person. This does not mean you are undead, for that is not the case, these bodies are living and breathing. Normally when one brings back the dead, the spell grips the soul of the person who belongs to the dead body. We skirted this issue, since your bodies are long gone and we need you as corporeal beings to do what is required of you. So we performed a ritual that has bound the soul of whom these bodies belogn to into the gemstone you are wearing in your ring, which is why you can draw upon knowledge in order to successfully pose as this person while you sow the seeds of dischord and strife. Think of your rings as your anchor in this world. If it were to ever be destroyed, you would be ripped from this place back to the Ebonlands, where you would surely be sent back to the pits for your gross failure. If this body were to die, however, you would still remain here on Pariatas but as a spirit, a ghost, until we could put you back into it. If you really needed to you could possess someone else, but that's a whole other game of cards that you're not ready for.

Nashira beckons you to follow her from the ritual chamber down a passageway that opens into a smaller room where a long table sits covered with food and drink. Eat and drink as you like, but listen carefully as you do. Lord Apoxalon has allowed you to come here out of his generosity. He could very well have had his lesser minions do this work, but he feels you all have some kind of...potential for greater things. If you please our Lord, he may reward you. I dare say he may even make you a demon if you show enough initative. Should you fail him, however, you will know the torment you were until recently receiving again but this time there will be no second chance. We are here as wolves amongst sheep. Our job is to lead others to a start a path that will lead them to Lord Apoxalon when they pass into the afterlife. We are not in the business of killing our 'clients'. To kill them as they are now would spare them from becoming part of our Lord's collection, which is opposite from our goal. Trust me, that doesn't mean we won't get to kill anyone. There are other methods of giving souls to Lord Apoxalon, but they are more complicated and messier, and most times not a permanent way of delivery. Corruption and manipulation lead to the individual making a choice to commit evil habitually, and that is what we want. We will drive some to madness, lead others to lust and sinful decadence, trick them into betraying their friends and loved ones and so on and so forth. Do you get the idea? We will be pushers, nudgers, because you can't drag someone to hell, you have to get them to want to go down that path. Of course they'll regret it once we've got them, but mortals are mostly concerned with the here and now rather than the there and after. How you accomplish these goals are entirely up to you, and that's part of our Lord's test. He wants to see how creative you can be, how truly evil your soul really is. If you can stomach condemming souls to eternal damnation then you may be worthy of joining our ranks as a demon, a real corruptor of souls. Consider yourselves lucky, you were picked from amongst a great number of souls in Lord Apoxalon's collection to do this. If you all prove worthy, then you all will ascend, there's not a limited number of slots like last time, although I think that was a lot more fun. You still have to show that you've got the chops though, so don't think this is a free ride. As you'll come to learn in you haven't already, there is no such thing as 'free'. Now eat up, you'll need your strength for the journey to Droxundus.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Lucifer does his best to pay attention and learn everything he can from her. First and foremost was the fact that due to him still being a dead soul they could likely drag him back to the ebonlands whenever they wanted. He assumed this would be true but it was good to have it confirmed. He listened to her speak of how they might be rewarded and had to try hard to avoid laughing. The likelihood of them actually rewarding them was infinitesimal. He had done exactly what she was talking about before and was never offered the option she was saying might be given if they did the same thing now. Or maybe that was why he was getting this chance. Maybe they were hoping for even better results this time. As he sits down at the table he puts on the ring taking in the flood of memories. As he gets flashes of them he thinks to himself, "Oh yes. I think we will get along swimmingly." He helps himself to the food calling upon the memories from the ring to remind himself of how to do it correctly so that when he got to the city he would be able to avoid any obvious gap in manners. She had answered the questions he would have asked so he felt no need to speak just yet. The less he spoke the less likely it was that he would say something stupid. This was not to say he was not thinking. Plans of how best to go about putting the city in a position that it would be more susceptible to corruption and how best to reap in those soul rushed through his mind. He was also thinking of what weaknesses the system and his various plans had so that he could patch them up or exploit them depending on what best served his needs.

Arkhemedes
08-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Nicodemos does as he is told without hesitation for he is eager to begin his work and get on with the business he has been brought here to do. This should, at the very least, prove interesting. After all this time, I am looking forward to once again letting others know the taste of my boot heel. I wounder who here among us does not have the stomach for such things. I suppose we shall soon find out.

As Nicodemos eats, he gazes about the room and begins to assess the possible strengths and weaknesses of his fellow accomplices. It appears that a few of them are fairly physically fit while others are not. Still...looks can be deceiving. I must remember, that these jackals are not in their original bodies. Perhaps they each have some worth to them that will be of benefit to our purpose. Why else would they have been chosen?

traesin
08-14-2009, 04:02 AM
I take the ring and put it on. The flood of memories overwelms me. A small cry escapes. Even now I'm still tormented! How could she kill them! I put on a bitter smile. I follow Nashira and listen to her threats and hollow promises and take a seat at the table. As I start to eat I look around at my new compainions. Oh how we few will corupt the unwarry.

Thrush
08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Mondis quietly takes the ring and puts it on his finger and then continues to eat. He wonders if Arae has more plans for him, or if Arae's plans and Apoxalon's somehow are the same.

Azar
08-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Volker starts to eat, and barely hears what Nashira says, all thats running through his head now is anger, he's is use to taking direct orders, not vague ones, but he'll figure it out as he goes. He see's the other people and looks at Nicodemos the most, he seems to have more strength than the other ones, but looks can be deceiving, after all, these aren't there real bodies. He looks at his new body, this one seems to be the strongest one.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Lucifer decides to risk speaking against his better judgment. While they had explained the basic idea there were some logistical questions that might be good to have answered. So, he pipes up and says, "I assume if you would like to speak to us once we are in position you could simply appear and do so, but do we have some way to contact you or the others gathered here without compromising our assumed identities? That may be something we need to work out before we head to the city if we do not already have a system in place. Even if we do not coordinate our efforts we will need to make sure we are not working against each other or focusing on the same soul when only one person's plan is needed to get it." His voice was high and fluid or at least would have been if Lucifer was able to keep his focus on speaking rather than being distracted by the sensation. He had not spoken like this before and the feeling of doing so was fascinating. He preferred the old way but this was interesting if nothing else. His body was used to having the words flow and once the novelty of the sensation wore off he would be capable of letting the pick up lines and complements flow from him like the Nasiri river in the grasslands below.

Doom Crow
08-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Nashira tilts her head slightly in Lucifer's direction, batting her eyes a few times before letting out a drawn out sigh. Your rings are all magically attuned to each other so that you may communicate if separated, up to a range of three miles. Dinner time is now over, we depart for Droxundus. For now you will go back to the residences of these bodies and do your best to fit in while you get used to the city for a few days until I call upon you. If you want to stick together I suggest you congregate at a tavern, The Hungry Lion should do for the time being. Come.

As Nashira heads for the exit, her body transforms into a raven-haired beauty of a human clad in an elegant purple dress. She leads you down several passageways until you reach the mouth of the cave where horses await you. Mounting up, you begin your journey across the Verthollow Grasslands on the road to Droxundus.

The city is a bustling metropolis even at night, and you can see torchlights dancing upon the waters of the great Nasiri River, which runs directly through the center of Droxundus. Great walls surround the city, and three fortified bridges span across the river to connect the two halves of the city. Crossing through one of the many gates you find yourself amidst tall buildings, merchant carts driven to and fro, and peddlers of every kind offering some kind of ware to any who might listen. Nashira gives a coy smile and a wave before taking her horse down a busy street, leaving you alone for now. Surely the knowledge in your ring will help you find your way to a bed.

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Now that Nashira has taken her leave, and before the group breaks up to go their separate ways, Nicodemos feels it is time for him to speak up. Alright worms, listen up! I didn't spend the last 200 years in the pits to finally have this opportunity presented to me, only to be sent right back because some slacked-jawed neophyte decides to try some ill-conceived plan and screw things up for the rest of us. I'm not going to let that happen. Is that understood? Now before any of you decides to take a whiz in your pants and call out for your mommy to come and save you from the big bad man, I suggest you check yourself and stow any such sentiments for a time when you can go and pout on your own. And before any of you comes up with any foolish notions of placing a knife in my or anyone else's back, let me point out that that is exactly the kind of ill-conceived plan I am referring to. We stand a much better chance for each of us to get what we want out of this if we work together. Is that understood?

Now the first thing we need to agree on is who is going to take charge of this chicken-shit outfit. And since that has just been decided - by me - I propose we move on to the next item on our agenda. Does anyone here have a problem with that? Good! I thought not. Now the next thing we need to do is come up with a plan. And since most of us are not exactly equipped right now as we would like to be, I suggest we each take a little time to remedy this problem, and pick a time when we can gather at The Hungry Lion to discuss our plan. Does anyone here have any other suggestions they would like to add?

Azar
08-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Volker laughs, "Ok I understand how much you need to be a leader, don't worry I'm not much of a leader anyways, I have always just taken orders... Oh ya I have one more thing, what are we all good at, I'm good at the two-bladed sword."

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Good. Like the attitude. Welcome to the team. It appears you're going to be the muscle for our little group. By the way, the name is Nicodemos, but I'll be going by the alias of Hidan Xeron, a sorcerer looking to start an alchemy business here in town. As for what I can do...well, a little bit of might and a little bit of magic. Good at both, but a master of neither. My real strength lies in the combination of the two...that, and of course, being a leader...Oh yeah, and scaring the crap out of people.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Lucifer laughs sarcastically and says, "Let me get this strait oh wise leader. You want to gather at a public place together and discuss these sort of things? We should not even have ridden in together. Now there are guards and various other people that can testify to the fact that we are some how connected should anything go wrong with any of our plans. It seemed most wise to me to keep that sort of thing secret but apparently you and the lady felt different. Now as I am no leader I will not contest your position but you may want to think and ask council before you make major decisions. There are plenty of people to help you on that. I would speak as to my experience in this field as I have done it before but you have no reason to believe me and it is a public place. Perhas you need investors or guards for your shop Mr. Xeron? Maybe some magical wards to make sure that the competition does not spy on you and thieves do not get in. Or do you already have those things?" Several of his plans had just been ruined by someone who was theoretically a pro at this and things were only going down hill with the people who were willing to blab their secret identities on a busy city street and discuss their plans of corruption in a tavern full of people. Had no one heard of stealth here? Corruption like they wanted required not being seen as a threat and definitely not being burnt at the stake which was where they were headed. He wished he could pull of the subtlety better but he needed them to get what he was indicating.

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Nicodemos grins confidently and calmly says in a low voice, I assure you my good man, I would not have spoken thus if anyone were within earshot of us. But you make a good point. Perhaps you have a better idea then. You say you have done this before? Well then, I am trembling with anticipation to hear all about it. But here is not the place. I asked for suggestions - so don't be shy about it. Let's hear it. And can you not at least give us a name by which to call you? Hmm...unlike his outward appearance, he does not appear to be weak-willed nor a fool. And despite my earlier misgivings, this one may indeed prove to be a very valuable asset to the group. And I like the fact that he does not cower at the first sign of a barking dog. This one shows some promise indeed.

Thrush
08-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Those who look will notice that Mondis has to be on the edge of the "within earshot" perimeter, if not actually outside of it by several feet. He waits until he is sure his gaze is noticed by Nicodemos, then subtly heels his horse. Quietly the both back into a shadow.

Stealth Roll

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Hmm...I see one among us is the quiet type. Very good...and potentially very useful. After all, the best way to catch a spy is to have one of your own. Nicodemos gives him a slight nod of approval - more of a look than a nod - before he disappears into the shadows.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Lucifer forms a polite smile and says, "I made my suggestion. If you have a shop it would likely offer us a place to talk privately and it gives me an explanation for why I was with you all when words gets back to my father. I will explain it as an attempt to actually make something useful of myself by probing for ways to improve the community and expand our connections. I am Purnam Kadra, son of the noble Gazzan, lord of our house. So, if I understand correctly the proper way to refer to me would be 'your lordship' or 'lord Purnam'." This seemed a decent enough way to insure that people would not find this too suspicious and it would explain some of his other plans as well. A son attempting to finally prove his worth to his family by doing something on his own. It had been done several times before and few would question it. He would still be the same basic person.

Azar
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
"Ha, you can just call me Volker, trust me, no one this body knows is around here, he is a traveling adventurer who is... I mean was trying to make a name for himself."

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Ah yes your lordship, Nicodemos says in a less subtle tone of voice as he winks at Lucifer. You are quite correct. I am indeed looking to place a few magical wards on my new shop. Come then, let us proceed to a place better suited for our business dealings. If you will please follow me and my companions. Hmmph...I understand now why he was so concerned. It would have been nice to know he was wearing the skin of such a public figure before we came trapsing into town like this. I may have to have a word with that she-devil about being a little more forthcoming with information.

traesin
08-15-2009, 11:18 PM
well what an interesting group I've gotten stuck with. Figures. I look at our so-called leader and nod to him. In a quite voice "Or perhaps we should find a quite place outside of town till we know the shop is secure."

Fuzzy alchemist
08-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Lucifer nods and says, "A valid point. I currently lack the spells to make it secure and it is unlikely if you were just starting out you would have had them in place. Not to mention we are more attempting to avoid random people over hearing us not spies. That can be accomplished by simply being were we will notice anyone who would notice us." He was moderately impressed by the good judgment of the lady. His plan could have put them at risk as well though it was still better than an open street.

Arkhemedes
08-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Hmm...Perhaps you are right. Outside of town would be better. Do you have some place in mind?

traesin
08-16-2009, 12:17 AM
--- Merged from Double Post ---
I put a sarcastic smile on my face. "Why yes I do."

Arkhemedes
08-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Then by all means lead on. And what shall we call you? Do you have a name or will Sweet Cheeks do?", Nicodemos says with a sly grin.

traesin
08-16-2009, 12:33 AM
As I get up to head out I lean forward and whisper "What's in a name but something arrogant to call ourselves. But is you Must have one call me Wisteria." I then wheel my horse around and head out of town.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Lucifer winces slightly at Nicodemos' comment. He thinks to himself, "That should have been my line. I am supposed to be into living women. I should be spouting off lines like that, but instead he is." Lucifer had never been good with the lines. He had rarely needed them. Rape victims and dead bodies rarely required much talking to. It made him feel slightly better that she did not react favorably towards his line but still he should have been the one to say it.

Azar
08-16-2009, 01:22 AM
I see the Nicodemos flirting with the woman, idiots, all there evil, all there hatred, and all there needs, fools... they will all die by there faults, just like I did,what did I do to deserve this torture, I just want to live a normal life, but I know that will never happen.

Arkhemedes
08-16-2009, 06:43 AM
The party of five and their mounts soon reach one of the many city gates, a different one from which they entered, and pass through it to find themselves once again outside the great walls of the city and on their way to a more secluded location where they need not fear the indiscretion of an observing eye or ear. After a short while the group arrives at the location chosen by Wisteria, who is much more familiar with the grasslands beyond the city walls. It is a place well hidden inside a grove of trees and visited on occasion by the huntress who's body has recently been inhabited by Wisteria.

As the group pauses among the trees to tether their horses, Nicodemos nods at Wisteria in approval, So this is the place. He looks all around him and continues, Not bad, not bad. We could easily remain hidden here unobserved for days if need be and yet we have a clear view of the surrounding grasslands. Should anyone approach us we would know about it long before they could even detect our presence. Well then, you have chosen well. It appears there is more worth to you than just something decent to look at. Mustant let the lady think I'm too found of her. She'll still need to prove her medal like the rest of us.

Thrush
08-16-2009, 10:18 AM
It may well be that in the future we will be able to meeting in town. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Highborn Thurman Creston, a priest of the local Church of Drendier. Many noble lords of high status are members of my congregation. It may be common for me to mingle with the likes of Lord Purnam, but less likely to cohort with a huntress or sorcerer. Mondis slips off his mount with ease, he already seems quite comfortable in his new skin, and walks over with an outstreched hand to greet Purnam.

I suggest we develope a code word or phrase within the group when a meeting at this location is desired by one of us.

traesin
08-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I look at Nicodemos. "Why It's nice of you to notice." I say sarcastically. arrogant ass. "Have you any suggestions Priest? Oh and I'm known as Mordra around here." I say gesturing towards the town.

Arkhemedes
08-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Highborn Thurman Creston is it? An evil grin appears on Nicodemos' face. So your a sneak and you've already gotten yourself an inside job. Excellent, excellent. Nicodemos chuckles. Well, it may not be so unlikely to cohort with a sorcerer as you might think. After all, only upper class citizens are allowed to wield magic in this land and I assure you Hidan Xeron can be counted among those. There is also the fact that my alias is currently in search of a wealthy benefactor who would be willing to help me set up my laboratory. That could provide an additional reason for my being seen with other high standing citizens. As for a code word or phrase - a very sensible precaution. And considering your position in the church, I suggest you be the one to decide on it.

Thrush
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Very well. I suggest a name, we can use Vasher for now unless it, by odds, happens to be taken by someone in town who is somewhat well known. Use it in a sentence with a number to indicate the time at which this meeting shall take place. For instance you could leave a note saying "Our friend Vasher decided he would like to buy 16 pounds of flour from you." With this, you would know to meet here at 4PM.

Azar
08-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Well at least there intellegent, they're not worthless after all.

Doom Crow
08-17-2009, 01:11 AM
As you are congregating outside of the city, you hea the sultry tone of a woman fill your head. It is Nashira, and she sounds a bit frustrated. at least one of you has some common sense. We placed an illusion spell on each of your bodies before we revived you, I would hve said something earlier but it just slipped my mind. Anyway, it will last three more hours. Go to a merchant in the city named Caddir, he has youths about handing vouchers for his shop amongst the people. Go to him and he will know you by your alias' name and give you the equipment you'll need. There is a member's only room at The Pyre Dancer, a fest hall located in the Gold Quarter of the city that remains locked save for those who possess a key. Caddir will also have it with your gear. Use it for now to meet, but be discreet would you? All of 'you' have been missing for days so I would square away an story for once that illusion fades.

Arkhemedes
08-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Well then. Too bad she did not think to tell us this before we went through all of the trouble of coming out here. But then perhaps this was intended to be some sort of test by her to keep us on our toes. Whatever the case, I think we did well. Nicodemos walks towards his horse, turns and says, Come then, time is wasting. We should do as the lady says. But I suggest we stick to the plan of using the priest's code phrase nevertheless. One of these days Nashira you will go too far.

traesin
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
And our dead leader is off commanding again. I quietly mount my horse and head towards town.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-17-2009, 05:12 PM
They were all coming up with good ideas and once they got their stuff and got settled down somewhere to talk for an extended period of time about someplace other than the security of the meeting place they could discuss their resources and plans so that they could get things underway. He takes the hand offered to him by the priest and in a rare moment of restraint simply shakes it rather than his more favored choices of kissing it or hugging the man. Lucifer follows along quietly attempting to get used to riding a horse. It was not his preferred method of travel but it would have to do for now. It would likely be unseemly for him to walk around leading the horse and he could not use his old methods anymore. This would likely be the case for a long time so he would have to get used to it. Little things like this were a small price compared to what he was getting in return.

Azar
08-17-2009, 05:56 PM
I get on my horse, "Damn, didn't know I would be walking this much, but I can't wait to get my equipment.", I say with a smile on my face.

traesin
08-18-2009, 02:45 AM
I roll my eyes.

Arkhemedes
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
On the way back to the city, Nicodemos turns to the others, Lucifer and Mondis in particular, After we get our equipment, we should probably return to our respective homes and tend to matters there as soon as possible. I'm sure some of us will be more missed than others. How long do you think you will need to get your affairs in order? We should meet up again as soon after that as we can so we can discuss our plans.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Lucifer replies, "Most will likely assume I have been in various beds and taverns this whole time. I am not completely sure I will be missed if I am gone a few more hours, but being gone as long as I have there may be a long lecture for my behavior and additional pressure to stop it for a while. It may be difficult to get out once I return home and finding legitimate reasons would be a significant change in character. One that may not be believed and would call attention to me. Basically it may be several days if not lincs before I can get out again and it may be wise for me to give what advice I can as to the plans before returning and being cut off for a while. I do have an idea that would get me legitimate reason to leave as well as working towards one of my plans, but it may not be enough." He was not sure how normal it was for him to be gone that long but the fact that no one had seen him for that time would make things difficult. It would imply he was either going to a lot of private parties or spending an awful lot of time with one person. While the former was possible other people of his stature would have seen him at such parties and would be able to attest him being there or at the vary least the existence of the party. Neither of which was currently true. It was going to take some work for him to properly spin the tale and he just was not a good enough liar to do it on the fly. He was going to have to work it out completely in his head so that he knew it as well as the truth before he even attempted to lie.

traesin
08-19-2009, 12:59 AM
"I am a hunter. I will not have been missed much." I wish I was out in the woods now. Soon, soon I can be alone. Oh how could I have been so stupid!!!

Arkhemedes
08-19-2009, 06:36 AM
Then unless the priest or our warrior friend, who by the way has yet to reveal the name of his alias, Nicodemos looks at him suspiciously, have any objections, perhaps we should go ahead and meet at The Pyre Dancer after collecting our things and discuss our plans then and there.

Thrush
08-19-2009, 09:19 AM
I see no harm in meeting there now, I reply to Nicodemos.

Arkhemedes
08-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Very well then, replies Nicodemos. It is decided. We shall head straight for The Pyre Dancer as soon as we get our equipment.

The five minions of Lord Apoxalon return to the city a short time later, entering through the gate from which they had exited earlier. Since they are all disguised by Nashira's illusions it makes no difference if anyone recognizes them from before, because in a short while, once the illusions wear off, they will all take on different appearances anyway, presumably those of their bodies' true identities.

Soon after entering the city again, the party of five comes across one of the youths handing out vouchers, which in turn, help to guide them to the shop of Caddir, where each of them, using their alias's names to identify themselves, receives from him their equipment and a key allowing them access to a private room at The Pyre Dancer fest hall. From Caddir's shop, the five minions quickly make their way to the Gold Quarter of the city and to The Pyre Dancer located there.

Thinking it best to have each member of the group enter their private meeting room one at a time, Nicodemos instructs the others to separate themselves by several minutes before making their way to the meeting room in order to avoid any unwanted attention. Once they have all gathered there, realizing that the illusions that conceal their true identities will not last much longer, and anxious to rid themselves of the garments that they presently wear in favor of those in which they would feel more comfortable, they each don their newly acquired attire and equipment.

Nicodemos is pleased to find he has been given a chain mail shirt of master craftsmanship, tight enough and yet flexible enough that he can easily conceal it beneath the courtier's outfit, complete with a few appropriate baubles and accoutrements, which has also been provided. In addition to this, Nicodemos finds among his newly acquired possessions a long sword also masterfully crafted with a keen edge, a light steel shield and a few various other items commonly used by a man of his position and talents.

After trying on his new apparel, a slight, confident grin appears on the face of Nicodemos as he examines himself. Yes, this will do quite nicely. At least for the time being. It is good, after all these years, to finally be wearing something worthy of me. I shall fit in just fine with any of the upper class snobbery with whom I choose to associate.

Azar
08-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I look at what I get, masterly worked Full plate, and a two-bladed sword, he also has the necessary adventurer's gear and a short sword, I show off my wonderful talents while swinging the blade only a once master of the art would, I still mess as I go along. I still have to get used to this new body but I will learn in time."Man I am rusty, but that will all change soon enough." I have a grin on my face.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Lucifer's change of clothes is obviously used for little beyond showing just how much money you have and how little you have to do. It was made of beautiful but delicate fabrics that iridescent in so many hues that the human eye could not pick them all up. There was layer upon layer making it uncomfortably hot, heavy, and hard to move in. Several of them were there simply to provide a surface to embroider with gold and silver threads and many held coats of arms for his family and his personal seal so that there could be no confusion who he was for official functions. It had a high collar that was stiff as a board so that it could stand up strait. He wore his signet ring and a gold necklace with a malachite pendant cut to bring out its best qualities. He puts his hair up in a bun with his comb holding it together. Lucifer liked the other set of clothes better. He loved the new body and hated how this set hid it away. He was buried under layer after layer of cloth hiding away all the lovely features of it except his face and weighing it down. But he was a noble and in these clothes he was a representative of his family and would bear it and put up the proper image. When he wanted to be himself he could don the other set and indulge himself.

Azar
08-22-2009, 10:43 PM
"Oh ya, this bodies real name is Yar Vashtos, but like I said, just call me Volker.", I look at everybody and make sure they understand.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Lucifer nods and gives a slight pause before changing the subject to show that the topic at hand was being given the proper attention. When he chooses to speak he says, "So, how should we proceed? Should we have those of us who have not indicated the resources we can bring to bear do so? Or should we start making plans based on what we do know? Maybe a discussion on how we think it would be best to accomplish our goals? Perhaps a discussion on the proper way to discuss and submit information?" It had been a long while since he had had to work in a group and he wanted to insure things went smoothly. It was also the first time in a while he was this much in the dark. He used to have networks of people reporting to him and was aware of the resources he could work with. While he had plans that involved some of the resources he knew were available better ones might come to light with more information. He also had his own theories as to how best to make souls fall and others might have different ideas. Possibly better ones that would give him more angles to approach the problem from.

Arkhemedes
08-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Nicodemos looks at Lucifer. Hmm...Why do I get the feeling he has spent way too much time with his mindless undead. It seems he is a bit rusty when it comes to holding a conversation with real live thinking people. So, Lord Purnam, you say you have done this before? Why don't we start with you telling us how things went; what worked and what didn't work. I'm sure you have some ideas on how we might best accomplish our goals. And perhaps the others would do us the honor of contributing to this discussion with some ideas of their own.

As soon as it appears no one is paying any particular attention to him, Nicodemos uses his Sudden Silent ability to cast a detect magic spell and quickly scan all those around him, just to make sure no one is holding out on him, as well as to check for any unexpected sources of magic in the room.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Lucifer begins, "I once ran an empire which fostered evil so that souls would fall and end up going to my master's master all to maintain my end of a contract. Every incorruptible soul that was found in my empire was either killed early or sacrificed in his name and captured to be shipped to the ebonlands the hard way. While we will not be doing that, I have learned some things. First, people will do things that are reprehensible to them when afraid or at war. I would recommend we use Volker for that."

He shifts his gaze to Volker and continues, "We have you go out and keep coming back with reports of trouble. Especially if you can get in with some local heroes and have them fall to it. We can all contribute to making sure that there looks to be trouble on the horizon as well as insuring the fall of their heroes. Each of us can come up with excuses to get out and secretly help. We can also insure that you come back with proper wounds if needed." A gleam of delight appears in his eye as he considers the possibility of getting a chance to inflict wounds on this man and warp his flesh.

He quickly regains his composure and returns to addressing the whole group, "Second, I learned that people need to have ambition if they are going to start making deals. A dirt farmer does not think much beyond just scraping by, but if you give him the ability to taste the finer things and see what others have he will begin to want them and will begin doing questionable things to get them. To that end I would suggest a training program to get unskilled worker's skill and eliminate unemployment from the area. As long as everyone is competing to be the best and get the finer things in life instead of just survive they will be much easier to tempt. To that end I would like to request that Mr. Creston convince his church to start up the facilities and gather people to help with the training, possibly promising them workers in exchange for their assistance."

He looks toward Mondis, "If I recall correctly your church encourages helping people in that way and if they had some donors and the idea would likely jump at the chance. In time I might be able to convince my father to invest, but it is currently too much of a jump for me to immediately take an interest. I do have ideas for stepping stones to make it seem like less of a jump though, so I should be able to give you support if you need it."

He returns to adressing the group again, "One thing that will likely help would be to insure that there are plenty of finer things to want. To that end I will focus my efforts on the improvement of bath houses with the assistance of the church of Elhaym. They should be willing to help give people something to enjoy and likely know the best people to get involved to make these places the best they can be. This will give people something to want as well as fostering jealousy and distrust. We will establish a few that will slip through the cracks and begin offering illegal services and will be very quiet about who comes to them. When people begin secretly sleeping with our prostitutes, using illegal substances, or doing any of the myriad of things that they would not want others to know about behind these doors we will be given more ways insure their end destination."

He swallows and continues, "One thing you will note is that these plans do not rely on each other or interfere with each other too much. That is another thing I have learned. Make sure to have several plans so that if any fail all is not lost. They also work because it constantly looks like we are trying to help and that the problems that crop up are simply a matter of the nature of the people in the city. Everyone will have someone else to blame. They will be afraid of the looming evil so whatever they do is not their fault they were afraid. Or they were tempted by the pleasures of the flesh. It was not their fault. But all along they will be the ones making the choices and insuring their fall." He had given them a few basic ideas and the thoughts behind them. It should be enough to get them started talking. He figured the hunter could help with the reports of the looming evil and possibly the fall of some of the heroes. Nicky could easily get his hands into any plan he wanted depending on what he wanted to do.

Arkhemedes
08-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Nicky grins at Lucifer. Very good Lord Purnam, very good indeed. I understand you have a fascination with dead things. Well, so long as you don't let me catch you with any of your dates from the cemetery, I should think we will get along quite nicely. Lucifer's experience and intelligence could prove to be a threat to my authority here. So it may become necessary from time to time to remind the others just how perverted he is.

As for my thoughts on the subject, I plan to use my contacts among various merchants to influence the Merchant's Guild. It seems to me that in order to tempt people into doing things that they might not otherwise do, we need to have something to offer them. We will also need a source of income to finance our operation. I therefore propose to set up businesses that will generate revenue for us while at the same time provide a means for the populace to indulge in whatever their inner demons may desire. This source of income will, of course, be very discreet and will make it possible for us to conduct our business without relying too heavily on family or other more easily traced paths of exchange. My proposed businesses, such as gambling halls and various other clubs, will also be prime breading grounds for other entrepreneurs who have no connection with us but will, nonetheless, be serving our purpose unknowingly. These other businessmen will also serve another function as scapegoats should any authorities become wise to any criminal activities that they feel compelled to put a stop to.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Lucifer laughs and smiles in response to the comment about his dates from the cemetery. Then he says, "You need not worry about it for a while. I prefer them animate and I sadly do not have that ability in this body quite yet. I will just have to enjoy exploring the wonders of my own body and those of the living for a while." He flexes his hands and gently caresses his arm with a look of content joy on his face. After enjoying the though of what he could do with his new body for a moment he continues, "I like your idea. It is a solid base to work from and gives much better protection from being found out than mine. Not that they are mutually exclusive. We can attempt them all so far. If you would like I can direct some of my parties towards your establishments. It might give you a boost in recognition and I imagine that they have plenty of money to lose. You could even send me invitations and have huge opening celebrations based on my reputation. While I dislike the idea of losing some of the neat things you can do with illusions you may want to consider getting antimagic fields for the gambling halls to avoid magical cheating."

Arkhemedes
08-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Yes of course. I am sure I can count on your assistance in that regard. And I was also counting on having a number of the more influential citizens of this city become regular customers of our gambling halls. Such people are not accustomed to losing and will therefore be more apt to stick around or make return visits in order to try and win back any loses they may have incurred. But more importantly, such people are susceptible to blackmail and could actually work in our favor to prevent the authorities from being too interested in our affairs should they come to enjoy the various vices that we encourage.

traesin
08-24-2009, 02:04 AM
Wisteria walks in at the beginning of Lucifer's tale, she is wearing leather armor with two short swords on her hips and a long bow across her back. Her Rust colored hair is hanging loosely around her shoulders and her bright green eyes take in what is going on around her.

"I can help with sightings of strange things going on in the wilds or if need be making sure that the right animals are coming close, to distroy crops or kill sheep and cattle. Oh I am known around town for my temper if that helps." I say quietly to the group.

Azar
08-24-2009, 10:44 AM
"I was a great warrior, they called me the Reaper, but I think that name should go to Lucifer now" I slightly laugh from what I said.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Lucifer smiles and says, "I like it when you use my name." It was the first time since his death anyone had used his name. Even he had not mentioned it for fear of breaking his cover. It sounded so wonderful to hear someone calling him by that name even if he had lost the power that gave it to him. After fully enjoying hearing his name for the first time in so long he continues, "I also appreciate the gesture of suggesting your tittle for me. I am sure you earned it in your past and it means a lot to you."

Azar
08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
"Don't worry about it, as long as you don't turn me into a zombie" I have a smile on my face, I guess I better make friends, or whatever you would call these people.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Lucifer smiles and says, "Oh you needn't worry about that I much prefer skeletons and would likely choose something that would retain the memories of your training and be well suited to your style of fighting to make an even better warrior. I can assure you I would never make you a zombie under normal circumstances." His tone indicated that he was making an honest attempt at putting those concerns to rest indicating that he had actually given it considerable thought. While right now he could serve almost as well as a skeleton or zombie it was best to allow his talent to bloom and become even greater. These people where valuable as living beings and there were plenty of other bodies to use if he wanted to fill the ranks his army.

traesin
08-25-2009, 03:44 AM
"Well aren't we getting all chummy." I say sarcastically.

Arkhemedes
08-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Yes, it's all so very nice isn't it? Nicky says with a smile on his face, which then turns to his usual scowl as he gazes at Lucifer and Volker. And when you two are done holding each others hands, perhaps you'll let me know so we can get on with our business. It is too bad our sneaky priest has fallen silent. Nicky's gaze shifts over to Mondis. Maybe he does not approve of our ideas and has some of his own. Or maybe he does approve and simply has nothing more to add. That would be unfortunate as he had proven to be a source of good ideas up until now. Oh well. Nicky then begins to pace back and forth with his hands held behind him and his head held low in thought. I suppose we need to come up with a list of names for those people that we feel might be of some service to us. People with money and influence who would be willing...or at least capable of providing us with the assistance we need to get our plans up and running.

Doom Crow
08-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Droxundus is a thriving metropolis, built upon the shores of the Nasiri River in the lush Verthollow Grasslands. The city is a member of the Khedesh Commonwealth, an oligarchy nation located in eastern Kelant. It is home to nearly forty thousand people, and is divided into four quarters: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper.

The Platinum Quarter is home to the Prima, who are the highest caste in the Khedesh Commonwealth. Prima are the nobility of the land, all wealthy aristocrats, merchants and arcane spellcasters who are considered superior beings to the lesser castes. The word of a Prima is never to be questioned by the lower castes and must be carried out under pain of punishment by the authorities. Anyone of lesser caste who attacks a Prima is immediately marked for death.

The Platinum Quarter is the smallest section of the city but is by far the most luxurious. It is filled with top quality shops, festhalls, exclusive social clubs and the lavish residences of the Prima. Entrance into the Platinum Quarter is restricted to Primas and anyone direclty employed by Primas to work in the Platinum Quarter and those given permission to enter.

The Gold Quarter is where the majority of trade occurs in Droxundus and covers one-third of the city, making it the largest section. City Hall is also located here, where the Council of Coins presides over the governing of Droxundus. The Gold Quarter is by far the most active of all sections of the city and is rife with rumors and dealings of all kinds.

The Silver Quarter is the third largest section of Droxundus and houses the Secunda, who are the second caste in the Commonwealth. They are the administrators and enforcers of the law that is made by the Primas. Most Secunda families tend to serve a specific Prima House, and those that don't specialize in a specific service. The quality of life is good here and the shops and businesses in the Silver Quarter are respectable but not as fancy as those in the Gold Quarter and a far cry from the elegance found in the Platinum Quarter. The docks on the western banks of the Nasiri River lie in the Silver Quarter.

The Copper Quarter is the second largest section of Droxundus, and is the "blue-collar" part of town, home to the caste of people known as the Dross. The Dross are little more than slaves, able to be "selected" by Primas for service at will. They are mainly left to perform the common duties of society that are hard labor related. They are conscripted to fight in time of war but are never given any rank or given leadership roles. Dross are led by Secundas, who ultimately report to a Prima. They are the fodder and workers of the Khedesh Commonwealth, and are treated poorly here in Droxundus. Primas are rarely, if ever seen in the Copper Quarter, and Secundas come here only when needed, leaving this section of the city to police itself. As a result gang activity is high, but crime is kept in check more or less within each of the gang's territories within the Quarter. Businesses and residences here are quite shabby, and it's suffice to say that many a shady dealings are carried out here. The docks on the eastern banks of the Nasiri River are located in the Copper Quarter.

((When imagining the style of the Khedesh Commonwealth, in terms of clothing, architecture and culture, think of ancient Greece and Ottoman Turkey. The environment is tropical so dress tends to be light and loose. More detailed background info on the city, the country and the caste system will be posted on OP.))

Azar
08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
"...and where should we start"

Arkhemedes
08-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, says Nicky as he produces a piece of parchment, a quill and a bottle of ink from a scroll case tucked inside a belt pouch. I will start here by writing down a list of the names of merchants that I, or rather Mr Xeron, is familiar with and what they might have to offer. The rest of you can then add to the list of names any other people we might want to include and the kind of services they might be able to provide, willingly or not, that can be of benefit to us. Nicky then sits down at a table and begins writing.

Thrush
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Creston looks up as he hides the last of four daggers somewhere inside his clothing. Your plans sound quite well to me Hidan. Consolidating our resources is a logical first step. He walks towards the table where Hidan is scribbling down his information.

By the way, me new memories tell me that people in town call me Highborn Creston or sometimes Vicar Creston. My close associates sometimes call me just Creston or Vicar.

Creston looks over his new studded leather armor which extend beyond the edges of his religious vestments. I will have to come up with an excuse to tell my congregation the reason why their pastor has taken to wearing light armor. I suppose an anonymous threat to my life will suffice. The safety of this town has gotten worse already!

Arkhemedes
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Nicodemos looks up from his parchment and grins at Mondis, You're certainly right about that Creston. It has indeed. Here, he says as he slides the quill and parchment over to him. Do you have any names you would like to add?

Thrush
08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Creston takes the quill from Hidan and starts to scribble names down.

traesin
08-28-2009, 01:47 AM
"We could always plan an attack on our "holy" Vicar."

Fuzzy alchemist
08-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Lucifer shrugs and says, "That my be a bad idea unless we can be sure that there is no way to track our involvement. While a threat, even one he takes seriously, can be reasonably dismissed by the others if someone actually attacked him they would have to put forward some sort of effort to find those responsible if for no other reason than to keep others from trying it. I do not currently have the ability to completely erase memories or protect us from divination so to keep whoever we hired quiet we would have to hire someone to make them disappear and have that person disappear as well just to insure there were a few layers of people between us and the attack. We can not just kill them because the dead bodies can always be questioned. I do not feel that it would be worth the risk, but as always I am open to discussion on it." His tone indicated frustration at how tedious such work would be but that he was validly open to talking about it if they had a good plan. He was not one to dismiss an idea out of hand and her ideas had had merit up until now. It was only reasonable to give her a chance.

traesin
08-28-2009, 03:56 AM
"Hmmm.....true. I was actually thinking about one of us pulling it off, but your right about them having to track that person down. Unless one of us was hired to do that too, but that could get very complicated."

Arkhemedes
08-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes, I think we need to keep things as low keyed as possible for now. The last thing we want to do is draw any attention to ourselves. I'm sure Creston will be able to come up with something that's vague enough and yet seemingly legitimate enough to do the job. I myself am in a similar situation as people may begin to wonder why I carry a sword around now. Perhaps our planned rumors of invasion from outside forces can be used as excuses to explain our differences in attire.

I think what concerns me most about Creston's situation though is not how he appears but rather, his inability to cast divine spells. I'm assuming of course, that Mondis lacks the ability to cast spells while Creston, on the other hand, should be and probably has been quite proficient at spell casting - at least up to this point. Looking at Creston, Nicky asks the question, Any ideas on how you're going to handle this?

Azar
08-28-2009, 07:17 PM
"Here let me see that paper, I have someone to put on, her name is Marline Heddigue, she works as a moneylender at the Commonwealth Bank of Droxundus. Wow... it feels wierd to have someone elses memories."

Arkhemedes
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
A money lender you say. Well, that could come in very handy. And just how well do you, or rather Yar Vashtos, know this Marline?

Azar
08-28-2009, 11:09 PM
"Well this bodies soul loves her."

Arkhemedes
08-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Nicodemos grins at Volker and says, Well then, I believe we have the perfect opportunity for her to invest a little of that money. You must introduce me to her so that we can convince her that this is one business venture that will not fail. What do you say?

Azar
08-29-2009, 11:38 AM
"Hold on, I said he loves her, they only met twice though, but I think I can still arrange something." I say with a grin.

Arkhemedes
08-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Nicky loses his grin as he says to Volker, So you're telling me you have no idea how she feels about Yar? Hmmm, he should have said so from the start. Very well then. I'll leave it up to you.

Thrush
08-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Creston turns to Nicky. From what I remember of his life it seems like Creston didn't perform a lot of Divine magic. Although it would be a good idea to arrange something in case I should be forced to display some of that power.

Arkhemedes
08-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Nicky looks at Creston, Well that's fortune. Perhaps no one will take any notice then. But you're right. We should look at coming up with any means possible to make it appear you can cast spells. Something to keep in mind.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Lucifer looks towards Nicky and says, "I have a few ideas I can work on that fall into my field of expertise. I should be able to give him some similar abilities or at least something that would allow him to claim that he had been gifted by his god in a new way. I can not be sure of success so it is best for now if we can simply avoid needing to prove it. I would not want the identifying it as necromancy or arcane and they might be able to do it."

Arkhemedes
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Very good, I was hoping you might be able to assist him in this regard. I'm afraid my spells won't but of much help here, although I do know know a couple that could be of limited use. Tell me, are you, or will you, be able to cast illusions spells? I know that some wizards who specialize in one area, are able to do so at the expense of other areas and illusion spells would oh so useful to us in many ways.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Lucifer smiles and says, "I can when I choose to, but I must warn you that I am currently rather short on spells outside of my area of expertise. If you all could send me spell books you come across I can work on copying them and expanding my choices. While I can cast any school I choose I tend to have neglected conjuration and universal spells. It is not important right now, but once I have some undead under my control I am going to need to go back to neglecting those schools as they distract from my control. I should not have any trouble working illusions for you all though. Just keep in mind we need to keep them subtle. Your best bet with an illusion is to avoid having people question it instead of relying on the magic holding up under scrutiny."

Arkhemedes
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Very good. But you are right - the most effective illusion spells generally tend to be those which no one has any reason to suspect are illusions. One cannot see past an illusion if one does not try to.

traesin
08-30-2009, 12:06 AM
"I know a barrister named Veese Corunor rather well" I say with some scorn. "I sure he will come in handy."

Arkhemedes
08-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Nicky looks at Wisteria. Excellent. I'll add his name to our list. Nicky writes it down. It appears that we have a fairly decent list of names here. Certainly enough to get our plans under way.

Azar
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
"So what do we do now."

Doom Crow
08-31-2009, 05:00 PM
The clicking sound of the door being unlocked is heard as Volker finishes his sentence, and it opens to reveal a rather debonair human male who steps inside as the door shuts and locks behind him. What you do now is have a listen The man moves to the rectangular table at the center of the room and has a seat at its head, resting his elbows upon it and folds his hands, his eyes casting an appraising gaze upon each of you in silence. He finally speaks. I am Faelar, Lord Apoxalon's Spymaster here in the living world and one of his Lieutenants, like Nashira. I trust you have been keeping yourselves busy thus far?

Arkhemedes
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Nicky looks at him and says, You might say so. But if you ask me, I would say we have not been busy enough. I for one am anxious to get our plans under way. Still, there are certain details that need to be worked out beforehand. And I have no doubts that you have some plans and information to share with us as well. So please, if you will, do not keep us waiting.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Lucifer smiles and thinks to himself, "Looks like you lost your seat. A shame really. You might have been a good leader and we had avoided any power struggles until now." His concern was more for the resources that would be lost while two people who wanted to be leader attempted to exert and test their power. Such efforts could be focused on actually completing their goals. The introduction of yet another new master would only serve to complicate things. Not to mention it proved that this room was not nearly as secure as he had been led to believe. He longed for the days when he had sanctuaries that were guarded against all sorts of spying and could be secure in his person, possessions, and privacy.

Doom Crow
09-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Faelar looks middle aged, tall and slender with his silky raven hair pulled back into a pony tail and a patch of black facial hair running in a line from his lower lip to his chin. He is dressed as a Secunda and does not appear to be armed. Looking up at Nicky his thin lips curl into a slight smirk.
I have information to get you started, and then I will watch to see what you do with it. I have far more important things to do with my time than to hold your hands, so I suggest to learn to work as a team and utilize your resources effectively. We may talk freely hear, this place will not let sound pass through these walls and only I and those in the service of Lord Apoxalon have keys to that door.

Leaning back in the chair, he reaches into the fold of his vest and produces a folder of documents and sets it upon the table. This room will serve its purpose temporarily, but you must secure a permanent place to use as your central base of operations. It can be secluded and far from prying eyes, or it can be hidden in plain sight, and actually a point of attraction by which to lure in your prey. Whatever you choose, there are ideas within this folder that may aid you start your way. I hope I don't have to mention that the use of intermediaries are essential to what needs to be done, so be sure to recruit some and include them in your plans. Inside this folder you'll find a list of people that Lord Apoxalon covets, be sure to keep them in mind but know that they cannot be attained now, view them as goals to work up towards. There are a few other things that may be useful as well. I will remain for whatever questions you may have, but then you will not see me again for a while.

Faelar leans forward again to entertain whatever you may have on the tips of your tongue.

Azar
09-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Im just glad we have some insight on what to do now, I was getting bored of this.

Fuzzy alchemist
09-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Lucifer looks over at him and says, "Sorry our planning bored you. I think we just felt that you needed to be included due to the fact that you might have some valuable information. If you do not like attending planning sessions we might be willing to allow you to sit them out and simply issue you your orders. I appreciate that you did not hinder the process due to your boredom and even submitted some useful effort to the planning." His tone is rather sarcastic and rude. While he did appreciate the effort put forth by the man he was rather bothered by the fact that this man seemed to want to go off half cocked rather than sit down and plan things out. That folder only gave them more to plan with it was not a way around planning. Their ideas were likely just as valid and important as anything in that folder and this man was disregarding them as though they were a waste of time now that the folder existed.

Azar
09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Ya well I just take orders, I wasn't the one who made them, I know that all of you might not like me for that, but I think that we all have a role to play, and mine is the one that kills, thats all. I look at Lucifer with a serious expression, knowing he didn't like what I had to say last time do to his tone of voice.

Arkhemedes
09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Nicky leans forward and grabs the documents as he eyes Lucifer and Volker with his patented scowl. I don't care for the bickering. But Lucifer is right. I shall have to remember to bring some finger paints next time so Volker doesn't get bored. Nicky then pulls out the list of names and looks over it. Hmm, he says, then looks up at those around him. As for a base of operations, we could hide it somewhere in our first gambling hall...though that might seem rather obvious. We would have to be careful about how we went about it and make sure that it's very secure. Still it would be ideal for bringing in and meeting with just about anyone we chose to without causing too much suspicion.

Fuzzy alchemist
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Lucifer nods and says, "I agree. While there is a part of me that likes the idea of building some secret place far away from prying eyes and warded by all manner of magic it is impractical and would raise suspicion. It would be better to do so in town. Plus many of our precautions can be passed off as business paranoia rather than what it actually is. I mean a gambling hall needs someplace to beat people who can not pay their debts and any business needs a room where it securely store its documents and hold conversations with investors." He eyes light up when he mentions beating deadbeats as his mind flows with various non damaging but painful ways to get the point across. He would have to find some way to make it practical for him to take an active role in that activity, but would not compromise his position or the mission to do such.

Arkhemedes
09-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes, I'm sure Volker would get some enjoyment out of beating people. Nicky grins at Volker. We shall have to put him in charge of that department. He then turns back to Faelar. Tell me Faelar, as the spymaster here, I'm sure you are aware of the comings and goings of most of the prominent citizens of this town. What can you tell me of Hidan's dear brother and his estranged wife? Have either of them been seen in town lately? I ask, of course, because another possible and very lucrative source of income has just occurred to me.

traesin
09-02-2009, 02:21 AM
"Are you thinking of a ransom demand?"

Fuzzy alchemist
09-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Lucifer smiles and says, "Oh, I am rather sure he is much smarter than that. Based on the discussion so far we seem to both grasp the idea that subtlety and grace is the best way to go and a ransom demand is rather heavy handed and public. While I have no doubt we could pull it off I think he might have something else in mind and I would love to hear it."

Arkhemedes
09-02-2009, 06:25 AM
Nicky grins at Lucifer, Why yes as a matter of fact I do have something else in mind. And no, it has nothing to do with a ransom. With the crime I have in mind it won't be so obvious that a crime has even been committed until long after the fact. Of course there are many details that need to be worked out, which is why I need the information. And I'm not even certain it's feasible as it's just an idea at this point. But here's the gist of it:

My family, or rather Hidan's family, happens to be the owners of a number of electrum mines, one of which is not so very far from here. My brother, who is much closer to my parents than I am, also happens to be my twin brother and as far as I know, everyone believes I have fled the city and have not since returned. Apparently my brother has likewise left the city. So naturally, I am considering the possibility of assuming my brother's identity, just long enough to make it easy for us to get our hands on some of this electrum. As I said, at this point there are a lot of ifs and maybes involved here. But it is something worth considering.

Thrush
09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
I like the sound of that plan Hidan. If we pull it off the right way no one will get hurt and we won't raise many suspicions.

traesin
09-03-2009, 03:54 AM
"That is a very good idea. Let me know how I can help."

Azar
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Just tell me what to do. I'm looking down at my weapon now inspecting it for any problems.

Doom Crow
09-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Faelar smirks as the groups plots and plans, letting a soft chuckle leave his lips. I trust then that you have nothing to ask of me since you seem to have got an idea for your first endeavor. Well then. He stands. This folder I've just set here has a number of things. The first is the list of eventual prime souls in this region that Lord Apoxalon wants you to target. There is also a few pages of real estate listings for you to peruse if you wish. There is a list of the gangs in the city, and a few names to go along with them. There's a map of Droxundus, including a separate one for the sewers. Finally, there is some information about how the city is run, who runs it, and who it might be worth to have a look into should you need to start building some roots here in the way of contacts.

A soft smile plays upon his features as he steps toward the door. Now would be a good time to get his attention if any questions needed to be asked.

Thrush
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Creston steps towards Faelar and says You know how to reach us, how shall we reach you in case the need arises? Mondis thinks to himself how odd it is to now call himself something different after all this time.

Arkhemedes
09-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Well Faeler, before you go, you have yet to answer my question. My brother and his estranged wife - I take it they haven't been seen in town? Is there any reason that you suspect my idea would not work or any information that you can give us to aid us in our first endeavor? And these real estate listings - of what significance are they to us?

Doom Crow
09-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Faelar turns towards Nicky. A mother's intuition I'd say. She runs the mine now after 'your' father took ill, and you'd most likely have to deal with her. Oh, that reminds me.. You'd be surprised what someone will do, or give up, for survival. You might see what he'd be willing to give for a cure of his illness. As far as Citan goes, he is rumored to have gone to Huptra for a business venture, leaving poor Lorna to look after his ailing father.

His look shifts to Creston. You don't. My eyes and ears are everywhere, and I'll know if you need assistance. The question is whether I believe you'll deserve it.We'll see how you all perform.

Arkhemedes
09-05-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure I follow you. Why must it always be such an ordeal to get decent information from these guys. You would think they would want to give us the best chance possible for success here and quit worrying about testing us all the time. What exactly do you mean by 'what someone would be willing to do or give up for survival?' Are you suggesting that I go to Hidan's father for money in exchange for a cure to an illness that I can't deliver on?

Fuzzy alchemist
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Lucifer clears his throat and says, "I might be able to deliver on a cure. It will take time and research, but I have some theories on how to do it. Though I would suggest a treatment instead. Something that we can force them to keep paying for rather than fix their problem completely." This was one of the reasons he loved studying the forces of life and death. It was quite useful to people and gave him all sorts of leverage. He did not need to mention right now that most of his "cures" required killing the man either before or in the process. Something that might be frowned upon by successors. Nor did he need to mention that he did not have an idea for a treatment instead of a cure despite the fact that it was his idea.

traesin
09-05-2009, 07:56 PM
"Suck his money and his soul out of him" Oh how far I have sunk. Oh well, what is life but ongoing suffering.

Arkhemedes
09-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Well, it might be worth considering Nicky says to Lucifer. Afterall, while I might have a reasonable chance of success at fooling other people that I am Citan, I think it would be another matter entirely when it comes to trying to fool his mother or his wife.

Azar
09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I start to get drowzy, but I don't want to go to sleep, I don't want this to be dream, and I wake up back in hell. "Well I think we should make a public appearance, something like healing a man, and then mabye we can get some followers, but don't hate me for this idea i'm just trying to help."

Doom Crow
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Faelar smirks at this. Or you could simply create the illusion that he is better, convince him that he is cured. Illusion can be a very powerful thing. I would find out what exactly the nature of his malady is though.

Arkhemedes
09-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Nicky grimaces as he hears Faelar's suggestion. Well, I hate the thought of walking in there and revealing the fact that I am back in town without trying to take some advantage of the fact. There is also the problem of how I may be recieved there. But I suppose it's better than getting caught doing something against the family. So I will take your advice and go there first thing tomorrow. Turning to the others in the room, I'm sure the rest of you have business you need to attend to as well.

traesin
09-09-2009, 01:25 AM
"When should we meet up again?"

Fuzzy alchemist
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Lucifer adds "Our individual assignments until then would also be helpful." He had several things to research as well as plans that he was no longer sure the state of and needed them clarified. So, he was going to make sure that assignments were handed out and no one would be confused as to what was supposed to be getting done.

Arkhemedes
09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Well Lucifer, I would say that you might need to get in touch with your psuedo-family and deal with your affairs concerning them. Then at first opportunity you might try talking with a few people and get them primed, so to speak, for joining us at our exclusive gambling hall. Then take your pick from among the ideas we've come up with so far. Unfortunately, without knowing the state of my so-called father's health and the rest of the family, I can't be more precise than that.

I think that our preacher should be doing much the same while Yar could be getting to know his girlfriend better and perhaps trying to learning something of these gangs.

This is also something that Wisteria can be working on as well. These city gangs could be quite usefull to us as a source of power in the streets.

As far as when we should meet up again, I would say in a few days, but that we should use the code phrase created by our priest to pick a more precise time once certain bits of information have been gathered. Just make sure everyone designates a place where we can be contacted.

Doom Crow
09-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Faelar gives a nod and exits through the door, once again leaving the group to themselves. The documents he left behind are as follows:

List of gangs in Droxundus:
The Steelheads, a rather brutish group that specialize in racketeering for "protection" located in the Copper Quarter. Rumored to be led by a Dross half-orc by the name of Harg.

The Fangs, a den of thieves and muggers also in the Copper Quarter led by a Dross Human by the name of Luc. They often engage in territorial disputes with the Steelheads and the River Rats for turf.

The River Rats, a band of vandals and thugs in the Copper Quarter, led by a Dross dwarf by the name of Rindart.

Nasiri Syndicate, a 'professional' crime organization based along the Nasiri river that engage in robbery of shipments along the waterways, including the docks of Droxundus and possibly other cities along the Nasiri. Led by a female known only as "Lucretia". Rumored to be based in the Silver Quarter.

The True Coins, rumored to be a group of anyonymous Secunda who oppose the Caste system of the Commonwealth and engage in rebellious activity in protest. Thought to be somewhere in the Silver Quarter.

The Black Lyons, the largest gang in Droxundus, rumored to be based in the Gold Quarter. They have agents inside many merchant companies who find ways to embezzle funds back into the organization. The leader is currently unknown.

Doom Crow
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Real Estate Listings

Property is divided into Tenement Apartments which are small, crowded living spaces much like row homes, Manor Houses/Noble Villas which are large estates usually owned by the wealthy, and merchant shops with living spaces above them of varying quality.

There are 5 Tenement Apartments available in the Copper Quarter, overlooking the docks. They are 400 gold farthings each to buy.

2 Manor Houses are available to buy, one in Silver Quarter for 12,000 gold farthings and the other located in the wealthy Gold Quarter for 21,000 gold farthings.

There is currently 1 Noble Villa available in the Platinum Quarter for 40,000 gold farthings to buy.

Of the Merchant shops available to buy, there are 3 Poor Shops in the Copper Quarter.
Poor shops typically contain rough shelves, a sales counter, and a back room for storage. They are 700 gold farthings each.

There are 3 Average Shops up for sale down Savannah Street from the Market in Gold Quarter as you get deeper into the city. Average shops have polished wood floors, handsome shelves, a picture window, and glass cases. They are 2,000, 5,000, and 8,000 gold farthings respectively.

4 Fine Shops are available in Gold Quarter at prime locations near the Market. These shops have marble floors, locked display cases, leather chairs, and various other luxuries. One is on the east side of the Market on Broken Spur Way just as you pass into the city from the Field-Gates, available for 11,000 gold farthings. The other three are located on River Walk Lane as it circles the Market, listed at 23,000 gold farthings, 20,000 gold farthings and 17,000 gold farthings.

Azar
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
"Well I guess I will, go and see this Marline, I will be back in a few days, mabye." he says with a smile.

Fuzzy alchemist
09-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Lucifer stands and says, "I will deal with the fall out of my absence and begin working. I look forward to seeing how things progress." He begins changing back into his much more comfortable clothes as he speaks and upon completion, assuming no one has anything to say while he changes, he heads out towards home.

Arkhemedes
09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Before Yar heads out the door Nicky says to him, And while your at it, why don't you and Wisteria see what you can find out about some of these gangs listed here and if you can, get to know some of them. Take your pick which ones would be of interest to you.

traesin
09-21-2009, 03:53 AM
"Sounds fine to me. I'll ask my 'boyfriend'"

Arkhemedes
09-24-2009, 08:59 PM
After leaving word of where he can be reached and seeing the others on their way, Nicodemos then heads out from The Pyre Dancer himself and makes his way down the dark streets of the city towards a waiting bed. A bed...Hmmm. A real bed, and a real body with which to feel the comforts of that bed. Ah, the simple pleasures now long forgotten. I can hardly wait. But it is late and I must try not to indulge in my slumbers for too long. For there is much to be done and tomorrow, or should I say, today will be a busy day.

Fuzzy alchemist
09-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Lucifer heads towards home mentally going over the various stories he could tell about where he had been and why they were the catalyst for this change in behavior. He began trying to work in things that this body had done before into his stories to make it seem like just another in a long line of incidents and make it less suspicious.

Arkhemedes
09-26-2009, 10:21 PM
After a short walk, Nicky reaches the Sordid Maiden, the boarding house there in the Gold Quarter where he's been staying for the past six months. He lets himself into his room and takes several minutes to look about at the furnishings and the few personal effects of Hidan. How strange this is. All alone in a room by myself. How eerily quiet it is...and how utterly foreign. It has been some two hundred years since I have known solitude. I hardly know what to do.

Nicky spends some time just getting used to his surroundings and thinking over the strange events of this day and over the long journey of his existence. Eventually though, the realization that he is in need of rest moves him to prepare for bed and he settles in for the night.

traesin
09-27-2009, 01:22 PM
I get up and quietly leave. I head to my place thinking about what has transpired and wondering what to do next. I get to my place and take a good look around. I must learn where everything is if I have a boyfriend who comes by. It wouldn't look good if I didn't know where the dishes were. I study carefully the location of every object till my eyes grow heavy. I guess I can't learn everything in one day. I then get ready for bed and lay down wondering if I will dream.

Doom Crow
09-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Droxundus is as lively during the night as it is during daylight hours. Street peddlers pawn their wares on street corners, women of the evening prowl the wagon-beaten roads of the Copper Quarter, and parties rage into the night in the Gold and Platinum Quarters, mostly in the many festhalls found throughout the city proper.

For the moment those of you with family members have managed to avoid running into any of them, something that for Lucifer seems easier than he first thought. His family's estate has been vacated for the evening save for the servants, and they dare not speak to any of the masters of the House unless spoken to directly. Not that it's unusual for the young master to be gone for days without notice, to them at least.

The temple of Drendier is always quiet at this time of night, but the silence is soon broken as an acolyte soon recognizes their seemingly lost priest and alerts the rest to his homecoming, much to the relief of the rest of the clergy.

Wisteria leaves the city returning to her home, a single life out in the savannah, save for when the barrister comes to visit. Since she's been gone through he may need notification that she has returned.

The Sordid Maiden is always alive with activity, and the only homecoming Nicky receives is a demand of payment of back rent from Merishka, the sole proprietor of the Maiden. There are some interesting characters living here as well, such as a traveling human priest of Procyon, an elf bard striving for fame, and a budding human artist among those that Hidan knew.

Volker had been staying at the Emerald Wasp Inn but due to an increased volume of clients and Volker's absence, the innkeeper decided he needed the room more than he liked the adventurer, leaving him now with a need to find a new place to stay.

Arkhemedes
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Nicky awakes the next morning and readies himself for the day. As he does so, he glances over at the note which was attached to his door last night and sees that it is from his landlord demanding rent money. Well, I suppose the first thing I should do today is settle my debt here at home. Then get some breakfast. I wonder if I'll run into any of the other tenants here...and of greater concern, I wonder if any of them will take note of a change in my appearance or personality. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Making sure that his chain mail shirt is hidden beneath his clothes and putting on his sword and scabbard, Hidan's only visible change - or so Nicky hopes - he heads out of his door and goes in search of Merishka.

Azar
10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Volker wakes and puts his armor on, he grabs his weapon and walks out of the inn and starts to travel to find Marline.

traesin
10-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I wake up and slowly get myself ready for the day, savoring the peace and quite. I head out towards town to hunt down my "boyfriend",

Azar
10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Volker starts to go to the Commonwealth Bank of Droxundus, hopeully he doesn't meet up with any muggers, for there sake.

Fuzzy alchemist
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Lucifer goes to his home's library to see what books they have. He has much research to do and likely most of his priming for a gambling hall or parties would have to happen at night. So, he would study now and leave again tonight to begin sowing seeds of interest in a new gambling hall.

Arkhemedes
12-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Nicky soon finds Merishka who immediately begins demanding rent money from him. As he listens to her ranting on and on, something inside him snaps and he decides to silence her...forever. He glares at the woman with a wild stare in his eyes and says, "You know, I've only just met you and already I think I have had enough of your lip. So I think I'll make my payment this time...in the form of cold hard steel." Nicky suddenly draws his sword and plunges it into the gut of the woman. As she gasps and falls to the floor, her eyes wide open in shock and horror, Nicky continues to watch in fascination. Blood pours from the gaping wound and trickles from her mouth, forming a pool of liquid crimson around her body as it slowly expires.

Ah, it feels good to kill again. I must have more of this. In fact, I think I will start by eliminating those fools I have been sent here with, on this gods forsaken world of excrement.

Nicky runs from his boarding house, and one by one, over the course of the next few days, he seeks out the other members of the group who have been sent here with him from the lowest pits of hell, and using stealth, cunning and the small measure of magic allotted to him, he slays them all.

Volker is the first to die, stabbed in the back as he strolls down a dark alleyway. His body is found the next day and his death is presumed to be the result of gang violence.

Mondis is the next to meet his doom, beheaded in the chapel as he kneels down to pray to a god for whom he feels no reverence. His blood runs red on the temple floor, pooling around the decapitated form of his body.

Wistera is murdered in her sleep, along with the barrister Veese Corundar with whom she is having an affair. Their deaths are thought to be the work of assassins hired out by the barrister's wife, who is later found guilty and executed for the crime.

The last to fall under the blade of Nicky is Lucifer. Saving him for last, Nicky corners him alone in a secluded room of the noble's mansion. Before killing him, Nicky tells the necromancer that it was he who killed the others. "And now I have come for you," he says as he erupts in a maniacal laughter. Lucifer, tries to defend himself with a spell, but is not quick enough and is no match for Nicky in a hand-to-hand duel. Like the others before him, Lucifer falls before the blade of Nicky and is hacked to pieces in a mad frenzy of gory hysterics.

When it is done, Nicky, now splattered from head to toe in specks of crimson, stands over the bloody remains of the mage and stares down at him. With a wild look in his eyes and a demonic grin plastered across his face, Nicky begins to laugh like a madman. "Hahahahaha! You fools! Did you truly think I would allow you to share the power that will soon be all mine?"

But Nicky's victory dance is short lived. For at that time, a magical portal suddenly opens up nearby, leading to the abyss from which he recently came.

"No! No! You can't!" Nicky shouts. "No! I'm not through here yet! I still have much to do! You can't take me back! I won't go!"

But all of Nicky's shouting is to no avail. For soon a host of demons appears from out of the portal, and they drag him back into the portal, back into the infernal depths of the hell where he belongs.

"Nooooooo....."