PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights II

Farcaster
01-09-2007, 01:23 PM
After a couple months of play, I'm just about finished with the official campaign. Granted, I have a reasonably busy schedule, so I haven't been able to hit the game hard-core, but it definitely is pretty lengthy, probably even more than the estimate of 40-60 hours that I've heard. This is particularly true if you pursue all the side quests you can.

In any case, I have really enjoyed the game. I'm now on the precipice of the final encounter, and I find myself reticent to actually finish it. The official campaign gets a solid two-thumbs up from me. I've also done some playing around with the toolset, and although sculpting outdoor areas seems a monumentally daunting task, I'm considering trying my hand at creating a module.

Has anyone tried any player made modules? Are there any good ones out there yet?

Skunkape
01-09-2007, 03:55 PM
What I really wanted to see when the first NWN came out was persistant worlds. I know that there are some out there, or there were last time I checked, but no where near as many as I would have liked to see.

I'm guessing the new NWN will be the same as far as persistant worlds are concerned.

Gethsemane
01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Though it's not a single module, I recommend these guys:

http://www.alandfaraway.org/

I think they're more along the lines of what SkunkApe is talking about, persistent worlds. This one is built around Forgotten Realms if I'm not mistaken... it's been a long time since I played there.

But when I was there, they seemed very dedicated to making a quality world and what I playtested achieved it. I certainly recommend them.