PDA

View Full Version : NEPA Known World

csp_gtp2
08-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Do you remember the good ol' days of Dungeons & Dragons before kits, prestige classes and Half-Orc Barbarian Dragonkind? When people talk about Elves or Halflings, do you think they are both a race and a class? Do thieves and magic-users only get d4 hitpoints and no one expects to break the 20 hitpoint mark until fourth level? Do clerics begin without spells? Well then, welcome home to the newest Classic D&D game in NEPA & NNJ metro area.

What is Classic D&D? It is a version of Dungeons & Dragons published between roughly 1981 and 1995 which some people call Basic. There were numerous additions and revisions but the system was designed for easy game play. I play 3.5 and 4.0 as well but there is nothing quite like playing the original (or Classic) editions.

Even if you have never played D&D before or never played the Classic version, you are welcome to join. In fact, one of our players has no experience while I have been playing for more than 25 years. The thing all players must have in common is the desire to share a good time while living a story together. We look for mature players who are into role playing not roll playing. The current campaign is designed to be a long term epic campaign with heroic characters who work their way up from low to very high levels (I plan on using all 36 levels allowed in Classic). Evil characters are generally shunned unless the player has a really good backstory. However, lots of in-party intrigue is encouraged. On the other hand, we do not believe in pure "hack 'n slash" (though combat will definitely play a large part - rumors of war persist) or monty haul. We adventure in Mystara, also known as The Known World.

Anaesthesia
09-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Bumping up. I think csp_gtp2 means Bimonthly, not biweekly, (but the potential it would become biweekly has yet to be seen).

I'm doing the 3.5 game, csp_gtp2 is doing the 1.0.

We have a meetup group- http://www.meetup.com/NEPA-Dungeons-Dragons

and a yahoo group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/game/classicdndinnepa

So far it's just csp_gtp2 and I, so please come!

Von Raven
01-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I'm 14 miles from Stroudsburg. I'm a long time gamer looking for a good gaming group with a mix of roleplaying and action. :)

Amakusa42
01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I would love to join you guys, but I live in Plymouth which is about 5 miles from Wilkes-Barre. :( If you guys know any groups closer to me, please let me know.

Anaesthesia
01-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Amakusa42- try poking around on our meetup group (meetup.com/NEPA-Dungeons-Dragons), I think there may be a bunch of people in your area.

:)