PDA

View Full Version : D&Di Monster Builder

prinnycook
08-06-2009, 03:26 PM
If you have it do you like it? Are you using it?
Personally I at first was not to happy to hear that it was the first tool to come out after the character builder, but now that I have it I really like it. It is going to make being a DM really easy now, 2 less books to carry around know(Damn it, I am still going to carry them).

Grimwell
08-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Care to provide a mini review of it's features and utility for those of us who aren't subscribed to DDI?

prinnycook
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Access to over 2500 monsters from lots of D&D books and articles. Monster description is not there but all of the stats and powers for the monsters are. You can make them stronger, weaker, rearrange or give them different powers, and even create your own monster using offical powers. You can print all of this stuff out and make it very easy to DM, or just keep it on your computer and use it to DM. They are supposed to be updating this every month, but we will see if that happens.

Gargs454
08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
I've played around with it a little bit though I am not normally one to create too many of my own monsters. Still though, this should definitely make it a bit easier to do so. But yeah, sadly it won't keep me from carrying the MMs around as my players too often like to go off in "random" directions, creating a semi-regular occurence of random encounters. :)