PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia: a weekly online

lich101
08-06-2009, 12:55 AM
INTRO

"You all live in Alpha Complex, a vast underground city in the future, ruled over by Your Friend, The Computer. Life in Alpha Complex is perfect and everyone is happy, because Happiness is Mandatory. The Computer says so. The only problem are those fiendish Commie Mutant Traitors. The Computer has assigned you to Troubleshooting duty. You will find Trouble and Shoot it. This will be fun. The Computer said so.

For your convenience, everything and everyone in Alpha Complex is coded by security clearance. The clearances run INFRARED-RED-etc. You're RED clearance. That's not great. Entering areas above your security clearance or accessing information about your clearance is treason. Please note that the rules are clearance ULTRAVIOLET. Arguing about the rules is treason.

Some of you may, in fact, be mutants with weird powers, members of traitorous secret societies, or both. If you are a Mutant or a Traitor, you'd better hide these facts from your fellow Troubleshooters, or you will be shot. Trust no-one! Stay alert! Keep your laser handy!'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: thinkin Saturday 9 P.M PCT (Time is subject to change)

anyways I've been looking to run weekly paranoia games. I currently need 6 willing vict-I mean players for the paranoia game. all those who are interested in please post here. Right now, I'm just checking for those interested in possibley joining in this game. rules n such will be explained once I find enough players possible interested. Warning: If you don't enjoy games that actively encourage backstabbing, humor, and other such things don't play, this game subverts what most popular non-fun rpgs like to do

You will only need one 20-sided die. When you look at your character sheet, you will see a skill listed (like Energy Weapons) with a number next to it (like 13). If you roll that number or lower, you succeed. The lower you roll, the more successful you are. If you roll a 20, you have critically and catastrophically failed (this is usually fatal). For Example, if you want to Shoot Team Leader In The Back you would roll a die against your Energy Weapons (13). If you rolled a 15, you failed to Shoot Team Leader In The Back. If you rolled an 8, you succeed and you Shoot Team Leader In
The Back.
Sometime you want to take actions that you don't want the other players to know about, like Shoot Team Leader In The Back. When you want to Shoot Team Leader In The Back, pm me and what the action is. Then I will pm you a note back telling you What You Need to do To Shoot Team Leader In The Back.

When do you something funny, clever or brilliant, or if you make the entire table laugh so hard they can't breathe, you will get Perversity Points. Each point may be spent to alter a single die roll by one. Say you are trying to Shoot Team Leader In The Back, and you roll a 14 on your Energy weapons. You can spend a point to change that 14 to a 13 so that you Kill Team Leader. Alternately, Team Leader can spend a point to change that 13 back to a 14. Other players may join in the bidding way, and in this way you can Gang Up On Team Leader to Shoot Team Leader In
The Back.

If you perform your duties well, you may receive a commendation. The following is a list
of the most common commendable actions: Being extremely happy; Completing a mission; Completing a mission successfully; Risking your life to serve or rescue a Citizen of higher clearance, to save Alpha Complex or to serve The Computer; Terminating a traitor with sufficient evidence; Turning a traitor over to Internal Security; Unctuous flattery; determining that Your Team Leader Is A Traitor.

If you behave in a manner not fitting a loyal Citizen of the Alpha Complex, you may be cited for Treason. The following is a list of some treasonous actions: Asking a question irrelevant to a mission or duty; Asking whether a particular hypothetical question unrelated to a mission or duty would be considered insubordinate or treasonous; Being out of uniform or sloppy; Being unhappy; Failure to Get Team Leader any equipment for which he or she holds the proper forms; Failure to Shoot The Traitor Before He Gets You; Evading Internal Security or Computer surveillance; Excessive impoliteness; Failing a hygiene inspection; Being accused of treason; Falsely accusing a citizen of treason; Arguing with the Game Master; Assaulting a Citizen; Damaging, destroying, or losing assigned equipment; Demonstrating knowledge of the PARANOIA rules; Failure to defer to a citizen of higher security clearance; Framing a citizen of lower clearance; Lying to the Game Master; Failure to respond to the question "What Are You Waiting For??!?!?"; Possessing unauthorized food, info, or equipment;
Refusal to take a prescribed drug; Theft of equipment, possessions or files, including filesharing; Threatening the physical or financial safety of another Citizen; Unauthorized destruction of higher-clearance property; Disobeying an order; Failure to complete a mission, or failure to file a proper completion report; Refusing to accept a mission; Suspicion or proof of mutation possession; Confessing to, suspicion of, or proof of secret
society membership; Knowledge of Communist doctrine; Being a Communist; Terminating a citizen without sufficient evidence; Conspiring to Shoot Team Leader In The Back; Spitting. You should Now be able to get a sense of the kind of behavior The Computer expects Before It's Too Late.

UndeadJack
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
hey id be interested

Marley117
08-06-2009, 09:36 PM
OH ME ME ME...

I'm pretty new here...but I absolutely LOVE Paranoia! I GMed a game on---...I mean...I have NEVER read past infared....or been anything but a player! Killed a commie..AND a mutant! Promise. All smiles!

lich101
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
hey id be interested
Excellent Citizen

OH ME ME ME...

I'm pretty new here...but I absolutely LOVE Paranoia! I GMed a game on---...I mean...I have NEVER read past infared....or been anything but a player! Killed a commie..AND a mutant! Promise. All smiles!

of course citizen of course ;)

Going to edit my op to put in the RULES

UndeadJack
08-07-2009, 10:56 AM
well yay

lich101
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
however I do need more players so if any of you know any friends please let them know so they can join in on the fun

Volon
08-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Im in. Praise the computer. The computer is good. Hail the Gm. The Gm Is God. Fear God. Kill the traitors. Praise the computer.

lich101
08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
excellent citizens, we will hold the time on 8 P.M. Pacific Time. If anyone else would like to join us please do. The mission will begin @ the Pen & Paper game's chatroom in the Room titled Paranoia

Marley117
08-08-2009, 03:45 PM
If it is tonight, I won't get off until 11, Eastern time, so I don't know...I may be a few minutes late >_>

lich101
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
that was a pretty awesome game, we may finish it up later since Marely will be mostly busy this week. also Undead Jack what happened?

UndeadJack
08-09-2009, 10:42 PM
i was not able to get on till just recently and im sorry to say but i cannot play on saturdays i hope you can fill the spot

lich101
08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Its alright, shit happens, its ok. Its just one of my pet peeves is no shows, it kinda of throws bricks into my plans :laugh:. But its cool. off topic: The VTR looks intresting, I always wanted to try if your going to host it.

lich101
08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Bumped

and tonight at 8 pm (Pacific Time) We will attempt to have a game