PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to know?

Farcaster
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
There is some feedback out there on the general web about the Pathfinder RPG preview that I wrote up. Some folks would really like a little more detail. I still have more to write up on the game, so please hit me with anything you're interested in having me cover.

Thanks!

Grimwell
08-07-2009, 02:37 AM
For the sake of convenience, here is a link to Farcaster's Pathfinder preview (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12139), that way you know what's already said (if you had not yet found the preview)!

yukonhorror
08-07-2009, 09:51 AM
You mentioned more incentive to stay with a class at high levels, but is there a significant difference in staying power and fancy abilities at low levels? Like I said before, low levels are fun the first couple times around, but are really stale now. Mechanically, is there any incentive to start out at 1st level vs. jumping in at 4th or 5th level?

WhiteTiger
08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
You mentioned more incentive to stay with a class at high levels, but is there a significant difference in staying power and fancy abilities at low levels? Like I said before, low levels are fun the first couple times around, but are really stale now. Mechanically, is there any incentive to start out at 1st level vs. jumping in at 4th or 5th level?

a significant difference at low levels ??? I'd have to say no... in the Beta they gave some options on hit points and in most of the new classes.. they give you a few new powers..

example: Sorcerer now gets a D6 for hit points and starts with a free bloodline which gives you a few extra spells that spread out over 20 levels plus some bonus feats that are also spread out over 20 levels. I could pick Air Elemental and I will gain a few choices of a fixed list of feats plus a small list of fixed spells and I will also resistance to electricity and I will able to fly 60 average (unlimited duration - treated as if walking).

would a 2nd level character be a lot more powerful in PAthfinder than in standard 3.5... not really.. maybe an extra feat, an extra spell and a few extra hit points but by the time you get to 20th... you would much more powerful than a standard 3.5 character. I can't come up with an accurate percentage but suffice to say that you gain an extra 1% - 2% power & versatility cumulative per level in your character in just about all of the classes.

I hope this helps.

MortonStromgal
08-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Is it more, less, or the same as far as being kind for those of us who don't like minis.

Farcaster
08-11-2009, 03:02 PM
It is the same as 3.5e in that regard, Morton.