PDA

View Full Version : Serenity RPG?

DMAngus
07-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Does anyone remember the best show that Joss Whedon made? *smacks Angel and Buffy fans* Shoulda stuck with it over some others... *shoots glares at those who chose Buffy over Firefly while stroking my brown coat* For those fans of the series that would love to re-emerge themselves in the universe without rewatching the only season or watching the movie AGAIN, I offer hope in the form of a Serenity/Firefly RPG. After a crew can be formed and a ship "procured," you will have a chance to take part in your first job... just don't forget to fuel up the ship before meeting with that pretty Companion you've been eyeing.

nijineko
07-31-2009, 11:15 AM
never got to finish the serenity game that got started with one group due to that group's constant butterfly-ing from rpg to rpg every single week, and never knowing what was going to be played from one week to the next.... i got tired of making new characters and never getting to play more than an intro to anything. ^^

so depending on details, there might be some interest here.

btw, who's buffy and angel?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Love Firefly. Be sure to share more of what you have in mind, DMAngus.

Bob the Dalek
07-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Used to own the Serenity RPG book and loaned it to a friend who loved it so much she kept it. I'd love to get into a big damn adventure with you folks.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I have the material, so, are you planning to run a pbp or something more echnical using one of online software sources, like rptools?

Slipstream
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Count me in, Lao Buhn! I have all the books, but have never played.

DMAngus
07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
I currently have only the core book, but I was thinking about creating an original storyline running parallel to the series and movie. I currently only own the core rulebook, but am looking to procure PDFs of the other books, if available, to aid in constructing the story. Either ways, i'll be ready to start it in about 2 days when I finish going through the source information. Then we can create the characters and start the first adventure.

korhal23
07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
If you want another player, I'm in, I have the core book.

DMAngus
07-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Ok. Cool. How would you like to start with some unification war action for the starting adventure? I was thinking about perhaps running 5 missions while I set up for the procurement of a ship. Who likes that idea? You can choose to be a unit of Independant or Alliance special forces. Either way, it'll give you all a chance to build your character as you see him/her.

Bob the Dalek
07-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Sounds fun!

DMAngus
08-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Would you guys prefer to do the pre-generated route or go through the process of creating your own characters? Who wants what position in the game? The main positions available are: Pilot, Mechanic, Medic, and Security, along with the possibility of a Socialite. The best rp'er in the group, in quality, not quantity, (After all, what's the use of 10,000 words if you are accomplishing nothing in the game with them?) but 1 sentence posts won't fly for I.C. without good reason.

Slipstream
08-02-2009, 01:21 AM
I would prefer to make my own character, but if you need a certain profession to lean towards, I will.

Can you clarify what this crew would be doing if we are doing a Unification War era campaign?

DMAngus
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
It's gonna have about 5 adventures from it. The starting players will be members of a squad from either the Independant 81st Special Forces or the Alliance 132nd Commandos. It'll be a way of getting them together, like Mal and Zoe were.

Both groups are made up of troops fresh from their training centers, and the Battle of Serenity Valley is on the horizon. If Independants, you will be given various missions... from rescuing P.O.W.s to assassinating key Alliance officers. If Alliance, your duty will be to de-moralise the Independants into surrendering. This will be accomplished in several ways, from stealing Independant vehicles and uniforms to bomb towns and slaughter citizens in their territories to infiltrating Independant bases and performing acts of Sabotage.

Thanks to my b*tch of a drunken ex, it's going to be a few more days until i can start it. She deleted most of the campaign notes and destroyed my core rulebook. A used bookstore has it and agreed to hold it unil I get paid. Once I get it again, i'll be starting.

Slipstream
08-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks to my b*tch of a drunken ex, it's going to be a few more days until i can start it. She deleted most of the campaign notes and destroyed my core rulebook. A used bookstore has it and agreed to hold it unil I get paid. Once I get it again, i'll be starting.
Lovely.

Sounds like a plan. I'll begin thinking up an Independent character in the meantime.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-03-2009, 12:25 AM

Hilarious.. :eek: --> :rolleyes:--> :laugh:

Bearfoot_Adam
08-09-2009, 01:55 PM
So Up for this. character will come soon.

nijineko
08-12-2009, 07:56 PM
what's the schedule for posting? once a week? more? less? i'd lean towards creating own characters, myself... though i'd just be recreating my previous character, which brings me to an interesting thought. if i'm able to play, i'd need to chat with you about some details of my character.... especially if you do this really neat sounding prequel bit.

Marley117
09-08-2009, 11:59 PM
If you ever get your new book, I am totally up for this! BROWNCOATS!