PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Pages : 1 [2]

Necron99
12-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Zodd follows, keeping his staff close at hand

wizarddog
12-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Ravi approaches closer to the tree and the corpse that hangs. The humanoid appears to have been once human but it has rotted on the tree for sometime. It hangs from its hands, being bounded and tied to a sturdy branch. The lower torso has been sliced open, a few entrails hang but most have been removed. The wet ground has washed away any blood on tree and ground. Many insects and maggots swarm through the eyes and nostrils of the human.

There appears to be no arcana residue or aura in the vicinity.

A morning dove breaks the silence with its drawn out call, signaling the mourning.

Necron99
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
"Pretty terrible way to depart this world." Zodd says as he looks over the body, covering his nose and mouth with his robes to hinder the stench in the air.

Zodd takes a look around the body to see if there is anything out of place near the ground or tree.

Perception
Ignore the 2nd roll

TheBlackDragon
12-21-2009, 02:27 PM
"Terrible indeed... I've seen worse. Looks like a punishment to me, possibly a warning. Unintelligent creatures would have simply eaten him. Most civilized people would hang him inside the city."

Ravi observes the carrion feeders crawling over the rotten corpse.

Examining the area around the body she tries to get a sense of purpose in this gruesome display.

Insight
History, local inhabitant's rituals/laws etc,

Necron99
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Zodd follows Ravi's lead and looks into his mind to see if there are any cues from history or local lore regarding this matter.

History
Insight

wizarddog
12-22-2009, 11:09 AM
The sight is quite gruesome. Who why it was done is unknown but marks on the flesh seem to have been done with very sharp long claws. The gutting is matriculate, it is unknown if it was performed while the body was still alive.

Zodd recalls legends of many foul creatures that have lived in these marshes. (though the Lord Spirituals try to clamp down such frivolous stories). They remind him of what he read of the Murkendraw, the swampy region known in the feywild. The Murkendraw is also home to the most powerful hag, Baba Yaga. He remembers many cautionary tales where the foolhardy found their skins "swaying with the trees".

The sun continues to rise and the mist departs allowing for some visibility on the swampy path.

Necron99
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
"I don't think we should hang around here too long, if we're rested then we should keep going."

Zodd goes to fetch his horse and gathers up his belongings, preparing to move out. He then looks back towards the body and thinks to himself, "Looks like the Murkendraw stories extend out here as well...I sure don't want either of us to end up like that poor soul in that tree."

TheBlackDragon
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
"Yes, it doesn't seem there's any benefit to staying around here."

Ravi turns back toward their mounts. A nagging disappointment hangs over her as her eyes leave the hanging body.

Necron99
12-27-2009, 01:30 PM
With that, Zodd finishes collecting the gear, stores it on his horse, and begins to travel towards the town

wizarddog
12-29-2009, 12:24 AM
The swampy trail is hard going for the horse and after one mile you come to the crossroad. The sign post is very worn. To the west the sign post reads Lagbe: five miles. The sign post to the south seems to be worn off and seldom traveled as brush creeps off from either side.

Zodd recalls the south of this trail leads to the realm of Corpsemire.

Necron99
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
OOC - I'm a little confused over the directions, is our main destination West or South of our current position?

wizarddog
12-30-2009, 12:03 AM
DM Its south west.
According to your map The Road to Lagbe Fop takes you closer to Myrkfast Hall in the general direction, but it will be slow going. Ypur going to have to go through Lagbe Fop to get to Tollbourn--at leats roadwise. The way South takes you way far east through the corspemire.
Traveling is hard on the swampy roads. Main reason you have 30 days. I'm playing through the traveling so you get the idea of the distance and the choices of paths

Necron99
12-31-2009, 08:32 PM
"Looks like we're close to Lagbe Fop...Corpsemire seems out of our way for now. Only 5 miles left."

Zodd strokes the back of his horse's neck, reassuring it that all will be ok and that he understands it is hard to travel the swampy roads.

Zodd takes a look around the crossroads real quick to make sure the coast is clear down the road towards Lagbe. Perception

wizarddog
01-05-2010, 02:59 AM
The road looks clear as a swampy road can be. The other road is less traveled and brush crowds it as far as the eye can see into the mist.

Necron99
01-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Zodd continues to travel down the road towards Lagbe, reassuring his horse that he will not push it too hard.

wizarddog
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM
The road was hard traveling and by nightfall the party reaches the outskirts of the small town. Ahead you see lanterns aglow through the fog and the signs of a wooden wall which houses the small town. You approach the barricaded large door. The sound of music far from the distance inside gives you a longing for a piece of civilization...

TheBlackDragon
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
"Finally, I've had enough of this swamp for a day. Shall we stop for the evening?"

Ravi eases her lizard to a halt, despite having no issues travelling through the swamp, it's fatigue is starting to show.

Necron99
01-08-2010, 12:02 AM
"Yes, I think we've earned a good night sleep. Our horses could use a rest too."

Zodd dismounts and leads his horse towads the gate.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Zodd says towards the gate, trying to get the attention of any guard behind it.

wizarddog
01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Beady bloodshot eye appear behind a slot which hastily opens on Zodds account.

"Who be there?" asks a raspy voice.

Necron99
01-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Zodd clears his throat and says, "Hello, sir. We're just two travellers looking to find a meal and a place to rest for the night. May we enter, please?"

Diplomacy

wizarddog
01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
"Eh mi lords...lady..."

The the scraping sound of wood and wood is heard and the door is opened. A skinny man, aged too early for his years stands at the entrance with lantern in hand. A cloak is wrapped around him, to keep the chill from his bones.

"Hurry, the night...dangerous in these parts."

He ushers you in and secures the gate.

"The Inn is down the road mi Lord...and Lady. The Flower Inn is the best, if the only. he he."

Necron99
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Zodd thanks the man, and begins to walk towards the inn with Ravi.

As they walk, Zodd eyes the townspeople, seeing if they are suspicious or apathetic to their presence.

Insight

wizarddog
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
The muddy road to the Inn is nearly deserted, the lamps light the way and the few citizens give way to the lizard and horse that are lead through the street. The inhabitants do gawk at such sights, not just for the drakskin drow and her lizard stead, but the fact that despite being muddy from travel, Zodd and Ravi still look better ddressed and fed than the typical inhabitant. They must be lords.

Travel is short and you arrive to the Inn. The sound of many voices echoes from within. A lone stable boy offers approaches you, he seems not all that frightened by a riding lizard.

"Staying at the Inn, my Lords?"

TheBlackDragon
01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
So far Ravi is silent, still getting a bearing on how to address the residents before making herself well-known.

A mild sense of respect generates an unusually genuine smile from the Drow. She removes her hood, and hops gracefully down beside the small boy.

"Most children your age would be afraid of such a large lizard, let alone a dark elf like myself. Either I'm far from an uncommon sight around here or you're uneducated. I'm hoping it's the latter. Either way, here's a gold coin, see to it my lizard gets a good night."

"OK, lets get a drink and review our plan before retiring. It's been a hard trek through the swamp... for you at least."

wizarddog
01-13-2010, 05:49 PM
The child greedily covets the gold coinj and leads the beast to the stable.

Ravi and Zodd enter the Inn and find the place filled with men in drab work clothes. Four tables are arranged in the center of the Inn, a bar is located in the back. A old stairway leads up to the second floor. Dim lanterns illuminate the sparsely decorated Inn.

A middle age woman immediately jumps to attention and starts whispersing to another old man half asleep. He jumps up. She pushes forwards towards you.

The gentlemen greets you.

"Welcome! Welcome my lord and lady to the Flower Inn! I be Jasper Horiwizt, the proprietor, and I assure you, we have the finest beds and meals in all of town!"

Behind him you see the woman shoo four burly off a table with their tankards. She tips the table and bits of bones and crumbs fall off. She then has a servant place a table cloth over the table. Apparently, you are to be given the best...

Necron99
01-13-2010, 09:05 PM
"Thank you Mr. Horiwizt. We would just like a meal and a place to stay tonight. What do you recommend from the kitchen?" Zodd kindly says to Jasper.

Zodd then quickly glances over to the four burly men that were forced to move to see if they look upset or angry. Insight

Zodd then ushers Ravi towards the table as they sit down.

wizarddog
01-14-2010, 03:54 PM
The men appear simply amused by the wife's sudden change of demor. As you are seated a servant starts to place chiped plates down on your table, the woman quickly picks them up, smacks the servant.

"Use the good ones, you fool!" she hisses and turns to you with a smile.

"May I offer my Lords and Ladies a our house wine, it has been in the family for many ages?"

The proprietor stands on the opposite side, dumbfounded on what to do next.

TheBlackDragon
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
"Some house wine would be an excellent start, thank you"

Ravi takes a seat at the table.

"Don't get many lords this way I see, you look confused." Ravi comments on the proprietor's face.

"Make yourself useful and serve a round of ale for the rest of your patrons, on me!"

She grins satisfactorily around the room.

Necron99
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
"Sure thing my good sir, wine would be great."

Zodd sits down at the table and enjoys just relaxing for a moment.

wizarddog
01-16-2010, 02:44 PM
The wife perks up to her husband.

"You hear the Lady! Make yourself useful!"

The husband snaps out of his daze and sputters off to the bar.

A servant brings the wine and the wife begins to pour in tarnish, yet still silver goblets.

"Oh, mi Lady, we have served many Lords who passed through this fine land of ours. We are, after all, on the way to Eylea. Only this past few weeks we have had many stop by..."

A servants presents bowls of stew and bread on your table. Tarnished silver spoons are presented. Zodd's spoon is a little bent.

TheBlackDragon
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Ravi wipes her spoon on her cloak before eating.

"Many lords in the past few weeks you said?" She dips her bread into the stew, spinning it slowly.

"Do tell me more about them?"

Necron99
01-17-2010, 02:40 PM
"Yes, maybe we know them? Who all as passed through?"

Diplomacy

wizarddog
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
"Let me see... we had Lord Calvados recently...he had a whole cadre of knights of Eylea with him. Said he was heading to Myrkfast Hall. No later than a day afterwards he gallop right through town without stopping. Apparently he caught someone on the road. Only half his regiment came back with him.

At the beginning of the year, Lord D'Arcy may frequent visits, meeting with different folk. Can't say who they were and Lord D'arcy seemed to never to make the journey onward to Eylea but turn a rounded back to Myrkfast hall. Those Lords are peculiar."

The man finishes distributing ale to the house and stands by his wife. Apparently, this is more work than he is accustomed in doing. His shirt is tained yellow by the spillage of ale.

Necron99
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Zodd nods along with the story, "Yes...peculiar indeed. Do either of you two know anything interesting about Myrkfast Hall? Sounds like a place that might be worth visiting."

Zodd feels his stomach slightly rumble from not having a decent meal in a few days, and dips his bread into the stew and sips on his drink.

"My compliments, the stew and drinks are flavorful. Thank you."

wizarddog
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
"Aye, Myrkfast Hall... was fine place in its time but rumor has it, Lord D'arcy had neglected it for many years, off on one of his many... pursuits."

Soon the stew is eaten, more supplied as needed and the wine is drained.
The Husband returns. his clothing now cleaned, pressed and more presentable (as his wife would put it.)

"Shall I show you to your rooms, mi Lord?"

TheBlackDragon
01-21-2010, 05:18 PM
"Yes, I think it's time to get some rest"

"I appreciate the hospitality. Good night"

Ravi sends a concerned expression to Zodd as she stands up to leave.

Necron99
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Zodd stands up and walks with Ravi and the husband to their room. Zodd keeps an eye out for any danger as they walk.

Perception

wizarddog
01-21-2010, 10:21 PM
The path to the rooms reveals the decrepit architecture of the inn but nothing out of the ordinary. You are each shown to to your rooms. They are small. The smell of lye covered by some perfume is evident, as if they were scrubbed while you dined. Despite that, you have slept in worse conditions in your adventures and it certainly beats another night in the swamp.

You are left in your rooms and the inn falls quite.

TheBlackDragon
01-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Not long after the inn falls quiet, Zodd hears a subtle scratch at his door. It reminds him of a cat.

Necron99
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
"What the...?"

Zodd walks to his door to see what the scratching was.

TheBlackDragon
01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
As soon as the door opens wide enough, a raven pushes into the room. It looks about the room suspiciously before nudging the door closed behind it with it's beak.

"So both D'Arcy and Clavados have been though here, what do you think of it so far?"

Despite Zodd's fluency in the Arcane, and familiarity with... familiars. It's still slightly odd to hear it take on someone else's words.

Necron99
01-23-2010, 04:17 AM
"I don't trust either one of them. Something just doesn't seem to add up to me...I can't really put my finger on it. Either way, we should move quickly and leave early tomorrow. What do you think about all this?" Zodd says to the raven, giving it an odd look since he is speaking to a talking bird.

wizarddog
01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
The raven and human continue to discuss events that have transpired.

Eventually they rest and are refreshed for the next day. A cock crows in the misty mourning and their is no incidents to speak of. The sounds of the Inn below begin to creep in volume.

Necron99
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Zodd knocks on Ravi's door and says "Hey, are you awake? We should head out soon."

Zodd yawns as he walks downstairs to ask about their bill.

wizarddog
01-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Zodd descends to find a table set up in the center of the tavern laid with table cloth and a sort of uniform place setting for two. the fair of food placed before it is better than last nights with some fresh fruit and vegetables available.

The Matron turns to you with her smile, she had managed to find a more elegant dress to wear and her husband, standing by the bar, apparently has been stuffed into a clean shirt. She gives a ciousrity at Zoods arrival.

"Mi, Lord. I trust you have slept well?"

TheBlackDragon
01-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Ravi soon follows downstairs, it's obvious she prioritized her appearance first before leaving the room.

She responds to the question from the stairs "Yes, the sleep was pleasant and the meal smells enticing from here.".

She immediately starts eating some of the fruit... a subtle movement can be seen from her large hood.

Necron99
01-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Zodd munches on some of the fruit and vegetables, then turns to the Matron and says, "I believe we both slept very well, and your service has been excellent. What do we owe you for our room and board for last night?"

Necron99
01-30-2010, 07:38 PM
ooc-I will be out of town until tuesday night

wizarddog
02-02-2010, 05:38 PM
The woman and man are flustered and confused. They look at each other with puzzled looks and maintain the curtsy and bow, straining at the position.

Then Zodd remembers that the Lords in these realms seldom pay for the services they use from their people. Instead, they award for how good the service that is given to them as they see fit. It is no wonder the people live in poverty as the Lords of Ffrengah have just landownership themselves...

Necron99
02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
"Sorry let me rephrase, how much would our services that we received cost the average person? I want to fairly compensate you."

wizarddog
02-03-2010, 03:03 AM
"Eh?" Starts the old man. But his wife perks up.

"The elder Lord D'Arcy was very appreciative of our service back three winters ago and awarded us a two pounds of silver for our service...."

TheBlackDragon
02-03-2010, 08:49 AM
"Two silver? This Lord D'Arcy has some manners to learn." Ravi lays two gold coins on the table for them.

"Merely paying for the meal and service won't get you anywhere. It's up to a lord to improve the lives of their subjects, not just sustain them."

Ravi rises, bows low and heads for the door. Once outside she returns to the stable boy for her lizard.

Necron99
02-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Zodd also puts a couple gold on the table. "I don't consider myself a Lord. Have a couple more gold. Thank you for your service. We may return soon."

Zodd, following Ravi, heads out to the stable for his horse.

wizarddog
02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
The two continue on their journey. About a mile from the village Zodd recalls the faces of the husband and wife as being quite subdued. It then occurs to him that they must have meant literally 2 pounds of silver, which would have been the at least 10 gold. Nevertheless, it was probably certainly more than they get from the commoners...

The trek again is tiring, but a well fed and rested horse allows you to continue. A days travel and rest and you have no incident.

On the second day towards evening you come to another crossroad. To the east the sign reads Glumb 10 miles, while the south reads Tollburn (One of your destination) 5 miles. You estimate another days travel if you rest or try to push the horse to the next town and arrive by morning, traveling through the night.

Necron99
02-05-2010, 03:47 AM
LOL we end up being cheapskates, oh well at least we meant well.

"I'm not too thrilled over pushing my horse through the night in an area we don't know... I think it would be best if we camped for the night off the road going towards Tollburn." Zodd says to Ravi as they come to the crossroad.

TheBlackDragon
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Ravi shuffles about on top of her lizard for a moment, looking disapprovingly back and forth between Zodd and the sign post.

"Yes, I suppose a rested beast is better than an exhausted one."

Her Raven flies up above them and begins to scout out a suitable patch of land for the night.

Perception

wizarddog
02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
The raven finds a suitable dry spot for the group to camp.

As you are about to set up you hear the sound of people on the main road. They seem to be speaking in deep speech with a very strong accent, as if not native in that tongue.

Necron99
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Zodd tries to look and see how many there are, and if possible to see if he can make out any detail that might give them a clue on where they are from.

Perception
Insight

wizarddog
02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Zodd tries to get a good look at them. They don't appear to be trying to conceal themselves. They are two small humanoids draped in cloaks. They snip at each other in deep speech and occasionally common comes out such words as "ungrateful' and "smucks"

They seem to be pulling a mule along attached to a small wagon, ornately designed. Along the side of the wagon it reads both in common and in deep speech "Professor Magnolia's Theatre of Puppetry Magic". They seem to be heading north on the path, away from Tollburn and having a bit of trouble moving the mule along the muck.

Necron99
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
"Should we stop them and see if they need help? Maybe they came from Tollburn and can help us." Zodd quickly whispers to Ravi.

TheBlackDragon
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
"Get to your horse, lets not look like prey ourselves." Ravi mounts her Lizard and moves slowly onto the road.

Once in speaking range she stops. "Good day fellow travelers, what brings you through this swamp?"

wizarddog
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
The two small humanoids jump at the sound of your introduction. The two turn to face you. There cloaks pulled down you recognize them as two red hair haflings. One has a streak of gray through the middle of his head. He speaks to you warningly. "If you be bandits, be warned...."

The second continues, "..we have nothing you want!"

Necron99
02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Diplomacy
"We aren't bandits, we were traveling south down the road and were resting when we heard you and we mean no harm. Were you coming from Tollburn? That is where we're going."

TheBlackDragon
02-12-2010, 04:21 PM
"Bandits?" Ravi quickly looks over her robes, ensuring they're still pristinely clean.

Diplomacy

"We're travelers on official business of Lord Clavados. I hope we don't have the appearance of mere bandits, I thought you'd perceive the potential customers we might be depending on what you have there. At the very least some company if you're heading in the same direction."

Ravi uses her ostensibly pleasant tone to address the two.

wizarddog
02-13-2010, 12:54 AM
"Professor Magnolia..." states the gray hair hafling.

"...And assistant!" chirps the younger of the two.

"At your service", continues the elder. "We are performers on tour through this region. However, townsfolk of Tollborn need to know a little bit about satire. Hence, our engagement was...cut short, so to speak. We are now making way to the City of Eylea, where perhaps we may find a more receptive audience. By the directions you face, it appears we are traveling in the opposite. However, we will surely share your campfire and share any information you wish from our travels. "

Necron99
02-13-2010, 02:12 AM
"You are welcome at our camp, come." Zodd takes Ravi and leads the two halflings to the camp.

While walking ahead of the two halflings, Zodd whispers to Ravi, "Let's keep an eye on our belongings...I would hate to see our things disappear magically in the hands of these...magicians...We should take watches tonight."

Zodd continues to lead them to the camp.

TheBlackDragon
02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Ravi looks over her shoulder before whispering back to Zodd.

"I need only meditate for a few hours, I'll do so while you sleep. Hopefully these are just amateur magicians who'll be on their way, I'd hate to have to annihilate them if they try anything."

Without turning around, she speaks in a louder voice to address the halflings.

"I do enjoy good humor myself, and could use some in this bog. What exactly was it you were not thanked for sharing in Tollborn?"

wizarddog
02-14-2010, 05:10 PM
The elder halfling begins, warming himself with a warm cup of mead. "I am not quite sure why they were angry by our presentation. Normally, our puppetry shows are legendary in other lands. We always manage to weave local folklore into our stories, give it a sense of authenticity to hear stories from your own culture.

The younger, gulping down some bacon, speaks next, "The "Mayor" of Tollbourn did not appreciate our tales and promptly had us run out of the town, without even a supper!"

The Elder continues: "We had hoped that Tollbourn would be a profitable venture. The last few villages have been not very responsive to our show. Our best hope is Eylea may have a very receptive audience. Otherwise, I fear lean times until we can get out of this bog."

The young one, washing down his meal with another mead, asks, "If you mind me asking, on what service are you retained by Lord Clavados, he's an officer in Eylea is he not?"

Necron99
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
"That he is, and he has charged us with a task. We are investigating the murder of Geoffrey D' Arcy, we are hoping to find some leads in Tollburn. Who is the mayor of whom you speak?"

wizarddog
02-18-2010, 02:54 PM
The eyes of the two haflings light up.

"The D'Arcy murder! That has been the single most talked about story in all the towns we entered. News has been traveling fast. The "mayor : is actually Baliff Denness, a sour of a woman. She didn't care for our interpretation of story in our puppet play."

Necron99
02-19-2010, 01:15 AM
"What interpretation did you give her that angered her so?"

TheBlackDragon
02-19-2010, 08:04 AM
"Yes yes, this is intriguing. You're performers, how much is your show?!"

Ravi pulls a small sum of gold from her pouch in anticipation.

wizarddog
02-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Eye light up on the site of gold.

"Well, for the full effect, we need to set up the stage, an under taking that would keep us here two days. Insetad, I think we can perform a smaller version of our show.

With that, the elder performer clasp his hands and small illusion appears before him of a mock stage. The younger pulls out a lute from the wagon and strums it once. It then begins to play a soulful melody on its own. He lays it against the wagon and joins the other behind the stage illusion. They then produce two marionettes from their pockets and begin to maneuver then on the illusionary stage. The elder begins.

"Behold the story of tragic love, deceit and quest for dark power...."

Necron99
02-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Zodd keeps one eye on the show, and another on his money pouch. He continues to watch and listen...

TheBlackDragon
02-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Ravi seems completely caught up in the performance, her money now lays unattended beside her.

Her Raven walks beside her, picks up the pouch and carries it to Zodd.

"It's amazing she's lasted this long" it says to him before returning to near by tree.

Necron99
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Zodd takes the money pouch for the time being and continues to watch.

wizarddog
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
The Haflings continue...

"Many years ago, Rughlor, the master of Lorge, went in search of wife. Although of nobel birth, he looked old beyond his forty years, his fenland holdings were notoriously drab and unwholesome, and it seemed he had little to offer any bride."

A small mannequin appears of a gangly man dressed in robes. Zodd recognizes the symbol of the Age of Dawn on the mans robes. The puppet fumbles around the illusionary stage and make a few site gags--some of which might be quite insulting to anyone who actually lives in the fenlands.

"It came as some surprise then, when he returned home wedded to the young and beautiful daughter of a baron from the mountain steadings."

A very pretty mannequin appears in a white gown. She moves about the stage gracefully and the opposite of the awkward Rughlor.

"The girl, named Nuala, was barely seventeen, but her fair looks and apparent devotion to Rughlor hid a will to evil that was already old. Against her father's wishes, Nula had inveigled a skilled magician to teach her the rudiments of magic use, and was determind to acquire greater power!"

A red mood light is spotted on the Mannequin of Nula who hunches over and moves about the stage sinisterly.

Necron99
02-25-2010, 06:58 PM
"What happens next?" Zodd says to the halflings, humoring them and appearing to be interested.

wizarddog
02-26-2010, 09:45 AM
The Haflings Continue...

"Even before Rughlor's arrival, Nuala's research had taught her of Lorge-which according to rumor, was built on the site of the infamous library of the semi-legendary wizard Makrazt. Thus the marriage proposal from the doting Rughlor offered Nula not only freedom, but also the chance to seek out the wizard;s lost tomes. This was an opportunity she had to seize-even if it meant feigning love for a haggard old man."

On stage, the graceful form of Nula is followed by the fumbling Rughlor.

"Life in the Ffenargh, Nuala soon discovered, exacted a heavy toll-as evinced by Lorge Hall's servants who, although often little older than herself, were bent and wizened. Even so, the lure of Makhrazt's books was strong, and Nula resolved to stay until she found them."

On stage the marionette of Nuala is surrounded by the bent and fumbling servants, following her around as she looks for the library.

Necron99
03-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Zodd continues to watch and humor the halflings, and gives Ravi a semi-bored look while the halflings are not looking. Somewhat interested in the history that the show gives, Zodd watches...

wizarddog
03-03-2010, 12:24 AM
The Haflings continue:

"By her thirtieth birthday, however, Nuala too had the appearance of someone three times her age. Yet her moment of triumph was at hand, for she succeeded in finding Makhrazt's hidden library. At long last power she sought was with in her grasp, if she could but complete a fearful ritual described in the books."

The puppet of Nuala dances with glee finding a dark tomb in its puppet arms.

wizarddog
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
The scene on stage turns quite horrific. Glowing runes appears to float around the area and dark smoke fills the small stage. A sinister red light falls on Nualu's puppet as she begins to chant.

"Nualu began the dark ritual, one that shook the very land, killing grass, slaying trees and all that they touched. But her ritual was interrupted."

The elderly Rughlor appears.

"Rughlor, himself old and frail beyond his years, realized what his wife was about to do. As the evil ritual commenced, the very walls began to crumble around him, he summoned his remaining strength and struck down Nuala before she could complete the spell."

An explosion occurs on stage in a flash and boom.

Necron99
03-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Zodd jerks to attention at the explosion. "Wow, always nice to see an explosion or two! What happens next?"

Zodd fidgets a little and takes out a piece of jerky to munch on while listening to the conclusion of the story.

TheBlackDragon
03-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Ravi too seems to be getting distracted until the explosion brings back her attention.

I can't possibly see why you'd be thrown out of the town! this is fantastic!

Bluff

wizarddog
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
The stage's smoke clears.

"The next day, the servants who fled in terror returned to the ruins of Lorge Hall. There they found Rughlor and Nuala locked together in an embrace of death!"

The puppets have been replaced by two scarred skeletons.

"The ashes of Makhrazt's books scattered around them. Hurriedly, the servants buried the couple and by common consent, abandoned the hall and its lands forever."

The two haflings end their play and take a bow.

Necron99
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Zodd claps and hands them a couple gold pieces for taking the time to give them a private show

wizarddog
03-23-2010, 01:27 PM
The haflings eagerly accept the golds. The night has exhausted them and the camp soon settles for a nights rest.

By morning, the wagon is repacked and the two haflings bid there farewell to you and head back northeast on the path to the next town. West of you, only a few more miles is Tollburn, and you are determined to complete your task. It is here that the two reeders had found the body of Geoffrey D'Arcy...

Necron99
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Zodd awakens, packs up his gear, and with Ravi, they begin to journey the 3 miles to Tollburn. Intent on quickly finding clues regarding the murder...

"I surely hope this investigation goes quickly. I don't want to spend terribly long in this place." Zodd continues down the path and reassures his horse that it may have a proper rest soon.

wizarddog
03-26-2010, 01:16 PM
After a mile the marsh falls on solid ground and the horse feels more comfortable traveling. You are joined by many other travelers on foot on the road, coming from other small paths with bundles on their backs. An hour later you arrive at the gated town of Tollburn.

Tattered banners wave from the wooden tower overlooking the road. The gates are wide open and the traffic of busy travelers. Two guards, wearing weapons and armor that have seen better days, eye you silently. Beyond the gates the village is bustling with market vendors.

Necron99
03-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Zodd walks to the gate of the town, and sees the guards eying them, he approaches the most friendly looking one and kindly says, "Hello sir, where might one find affordable stables for our steeds? We have traveled long and they need a rest." Zodd eyes Ravi's lizard out of the corner of his eye, hoping no one is offended or frightened by it.

TheBlackDragon
03-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Ravi smiles widely when the guards look to her.

"Please, he's harmless. We're tired and could use a warm place to stay"

wizarddog
03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
"Aye mi Lord and lady, there is but one of the finest Inn in Tollbourn,The Fallen Swan, where they house many...steads and serve the best meals. At the end of the main street you will find it."

Necron99
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Zodd thanks the guard, and proceeds towards the inn to get their steads set up with proper food and a place to rest.

After getting their mounts boarded up, Zodd asks Ravi, "Well, should we get started investigating or find a place to rest?"

TheBlackDragon
04-02-2010, 08:22 AM
"I'd enjoy getting this fool show over with. I'm starting to think this 'fortune' isn't worth it's time. We can spare some time to mingle with the common folk first."

She seems to wince looking at some of the peasants and workers. She adjusts her robes, then starts to fiddle with a small electric jolt between her fingers.

Necron99
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
"I would rather get this investigation over with sooner as well. Guess we should look for the place where the corpse was found." Zodd then finds the nearest guard, and inquires to where the constable or the person involved with handling the murder would be located.

wizarddog
04-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Your inquiry directs to a small house that is in better shape than most is this large village. A broad shoulder female with a sword strapped to her side meets you as you approach.

"I recognize you as Lords...and no Lords would be approaching me less it deals with the discovery of Lord D'arcy's body. What news do you bring from Eylea?"

Necron99
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Zodd gives an account of the trial and the results of it, and their task given to them by Clavados. After telling her their business, Zodd gives a bow and says "That is our business so far. My name is Zodd, and this is my friend Ravi." Zodd motions his hands towards Ravi to complete the introduction.

TheBlackDragon
04-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Ravi gives a bow.

"Please good sir, we truly need your help. Anything you can provide may help turn the case in favor of justice."

She appears truly concerned, a distraught expression on her dark face.

Bluff

Necron99
04-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Zodd looks in shock and alarm to Ravi as she just called the lady at the door a man (LOL). Zodd coughs and says "Er, my friend just means your physical strength looks great enough to rival a man, not that you look like a man...sweet lass." Diplomacy
A bead of sweat drips down Zodd's cheek at his attempt to sweet talk the lady at the door.

TheBlackDragon
04-11-2010, 08:02 AM
The Raven emerges partially from Ravi's hood after Zodd speaks.

"Have you no etiquette; not knowing her title, a common address of sir isn't exclusively male."

Ravi stares forward, slightly confused for a moment, then frowns towards Zodd.

"Yes, no harm intended ma'am"

wizarddog
04-11-2010, 01:34 PM
A loud snort comes from the baliff's nostrils.
"Very well" she continues sternly, "You seek out Posh and Venn, two reed collectors of our village. They were the ones who found the body of our Lord D'Arcy (god rest his soul). They will be to the east, collecting reeds all day by the river. If you go now, you might catch them before nightfall."

Necron99
04-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Zodd thanks her and then makes his way east with Ravi towards the river.

wizarddog
04-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Zodd and Ravi make teir way to the east through marsh trail. About two hours later they hear the sound of the river and come up to the river bank. Further south along the bank they see smoke rising, possibly from a campfire.

Necron99
04-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Zodd walks to the south towards the smoke and once they get near it, Zodd whispers to Ravi "Stay here, I need to see who we're dealing with here." Zodd then summons a Shadow Serpent. "Go towards the camp as silently as you can, I want to see who they are and how many people are there. Stay out of sight," Zodd says to the serpent in his mind telepathically.

The serpent then moves towards the camp silently to see who is there and how many there are at the camp while Zodd and Ravi remain hidden nearby. Stealth for serpent

wizarddog
04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
The shadow serpent moves through the grass silently. Eventually it comes across a clearing where you see a small camp fire burns near the river. Two men, dressed like the villagers you saw in Tollburn, are lying back against freshly cut stack of reeds. They appear to be sleeping.

TheBlackDragon
04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
"I won't be waiting for them to wake up on their own, lets go." Ravi sets off to meet the men sleeping by the campfire.

Necron99
04-24-2010, 06:37 PM
"I will look around the camp as well. I don't trust them to give out all the information that they have regarding the murder." Zodd casts Invisibility on himself. *ZAP* When he is invisible, he moves towards the camp to see if there are any clues or items that they have related to (or belonged to) D'Arcy. Zodd moves silently through the camp and looks around for the clues or items.

Stealth
Perception
Thievery

wizarddog
04-25-2010, 03:11 AM
DM: Does only Zodd approach as invisible, or does Ravi wish to approach with the invisible Zodd?

Necron99
04-25-2010, 11:40 AM
that would be Ravi's call on that, I don't mind either way

TheBlackDragon
04-30-2010, 08:17 AM
that would be Ravi's call on that, I don't mind either way

She likely doesn't feel threatened, and doesn't like to waste time given the deadlines. She's going in regardless.

Also, sorry for the long periods between posts. This new system isn't reliably giving me the email notifications like I'm used to.

Necron99
05-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Zodd (invisible) and Ravi proceed...

wizarddog
05-09-2010, 07:17 AM
As you approach the campsite, a feeling of dread and suspicions fills both Zodd and Ravi's heart. The two reed workers are not asleep at all, they appear to be dead, they appeared strangled.

Suddenly the swampy ground around you shakes. The stack of reeds begin to take formation into a large form of rope like roots and muck. It towers over you some fifteen feet away. In addition, rising from the waters edge, a medium human shaped figure emerges some 30 feet away. Arcane energy pulses from its plant like arms and dark red eye glare at you.

Whatever surprise these two may have hoped to gain was foiled by your scouting, and they attack!

[DM Monster Initiative Rolls:]

Shambling Mound Initiative
Vine Horror Spell-fiend Initiative

Necron99
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Initiative

OOC - Do they notice Zodd, or aware of his presence at all?

TheBlackDragon
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM
1d20+8

wizarddog
05-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Ravi's Initiative

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Initiatives
27 Vine Horror
24 Shambling Mound
23 Ravi
19 Zodd

From The Vine horror spell-fiend, an orb of light develops from its vine like hands. It tosses it at Ravi.
Shock Orb vs AC
Lightning

The Shambling mound steps forward with its long tendrils and slashes at Ravi as well.
Tendril #1 vs AC
Damage#1
Tendril #2 vs AC
Damage#2

TheBlackDragon
05-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Ravi's eyes widen as the plants themselves take shape and attack. Her reflexes are not quick enough to react, the Vine's orb hits her in the chest, some of the electricity is deflected. Trying her best to avoid the combined assault she avoids one of the mound's tendrils but gets lashed by the other across her legs.

(25 damage taken)

Taking a moment to form a plan, Ravi motions back and forth with her hands quickly. A dense shroud of shadows revolve around her body, fully obscuring her image.

With the shadows aiding her defense, she runs directly into the Shambling mound. Once adjacent, she stabs her staff deep into the mud between then. A violent blast of thunder echoes around them; using the blast wave Ravi leaps high into the air, flipping gracefully over the mound and landing adjacent to the Vine in a second crash of thunder.

(Ravi is heavily obscured)
Cha vs. Fort Shambling Mound
Thunder damage (7 pierce)
Cha vs. Fort Vines
Thunder damage (7 pierce)
If Vines are hit, they are pushed 1 square

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Remind me of the format for dice rolls =P, Wiz, you can just DM roll them if you like.

Necron99
05-21-2010, 11:19 PM
just replace "dice" with "roll"

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Zodd reappears and points his staff towards the plants. Icy crystals begin to form on the staff and his breath turns into a cool mist. Suddenly, icy power shoots towards the plants.

Icy Rays attack (Intelligence vs Reflex) on Vine Horror
Icy Rays damage on Vine Horror

Icy Rays attack (Intelligence vs Reflex) on Shambling Mound
Icy Rays damage on Shambling Mound

wizarddog
05-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Ravi releases a blast of sonic mayhem upon the foes. The large shambling creature is unmoved by the waves of intense thunder. but the spell fiend is blasted back 5 feet (23 points of thunder damage). Ravi lands ankle deep at the edge of the swampy water shore.

The icy rays from Zodd's staff weave about around Ravi and the targets. Each strikes its target true; (10 damage to Vine, and 13 damage to shambling mound). Green ocher begisn to leaks from the vines of the Spell fiend.

The spell fiend, seemingly one with the swamp around it, releases a caustic cloud of greenish gas from its tendrils that engulfs Ravi.
Caustic cloud vs Fortitude
Acid damage and target takes ongoing 5 damage and is blinded (save ends both)

The mound, seemingly commanded by an unknown strategist, charges at Zodd (provoking from Ravi if adjacent). Before it reaches within 10 feet of Zodd a tendril strikes at him.
Tendril vs AC
Damage

Necron99
05-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Zodd grabs his arm in pain, reacting to the hit he just took. "Damn you..." Zodd says to himself as he raises his staff over his head with both arms and begins twirling it around in a circular motion.

A dark cloud materializes above the two enemies, and suddenly Zodd strikes the ground with the butt of his staff as icy hail rains to the ground...

Winter's Wrath attack vs Fortitude (on both enemies)
Damage on both enemies
Both the Vine Horror and Mound take ongoing 5 damage at the start of their turns if they do not move out of the cloud.

wizarddog
06-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Nudge to Ravi.

TheBlackDragon
06-04-2010, 09:40 AM
"Ahhh!" Ravi screams as the acid scalds her exposed skin. Reeling backwards she stumbles blindly while the acid continues to burn.

Barely able to stay conscious, she maintains her shroud of obscuring shadows and attempts to relieve the acidic affliction. Bloodied

Standard: Total Defense, second wind
Sustain minor: Deep shroud
Move: 2 squares in a random direction.
Stealth: Stealth

wizarddog
06-05-2010, 06:11 PM
The mighty blast of ice sweeps across the swamp ground. The warm water and the frigid cold combust into a blast of vapors. The vine horror and the Shambling mound feel no ill effects from the initial blast, but soon the chilling cloud begins to form icicles on their bodies.

The vinehorror, damaged already moves out of the cloud. Ravi feels the swampy ground around him sink, feeling the outer layer of her boots; almost as if the vinehorror and the swamp were connected. Despite her shroud the creature forms a sphere of electricity in its vinelike hands and tosses at Ravi.

Combat advantage Shock orb vs AC
Lightning damage

The swamp creature, undeterred by being damage of the cloud, brings its vines closer to Zodd, striking out violently.
Tendril # 1 vs AC
damage #1
Tendril # 2 vs AC
damage #2

TheBlackDragon
06-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Saving throw

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

"I can't see anything! ahhhhh it burns!" The acid continues to blind and burn Ravi's skin as she stumbles in the thickening mud. The familiar sensation of electricity strikes her body; she's able to deflect some of its potency but still gets scarred from its impact.

Desperate for some relief from the agony she invokes a torrent of bizarre sounds. Dragon's roars to pots clanging this random symphony of sounds deters her enemies.

Minor: Chaotic Defense
Chaotic Defense bonus

Necron99
06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Zodd takes another hard hit and is almost bloodied by the tendril. He looks over to Ravi and sees her peril and knows he needs to help her. Zodd points his staff towards Ravi and uses the magic embedded in it to grant her a shield.

Minor action = Zodd casts a radiant shield around Ravi, the next enemy to attack her automatically takes 10 radiant damage.

Zodd then quickly casts a shield around himself, since he took a hit from the vinehorror.

Minor action = Zodd casts Shield, granting +4 AC and Reflex until his next turn.

Finally, Zodd is plenty angry and then points his staff to the vinehorror. "Burn you damn plant!" Fire builds up at the tip of his staff and explodes towards the Vinehorror...

Standard action = Fireball attack vs Reflex
Fireball damage
CRITICAL HIT, does 25 damage to the Vinehorror

TheBlackDragon
06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
A blast of heat washes over her, paired with an arcane shield. She knows a fireball without having see it.

"Burn you wretched shrubs!"

Chaotic Defense bonus:
Enemies who attacks me take 2d6 damage

wizarddog
06-08-2010, 07:20 AM
The intense blast of a fire ball lights up the sky in a raging read inferno of light and heat. The Vine Horror Spell fire is disintegrated!

Icicle continue to form on the shambling mound and it strikes out at Zodd in a frenzy, it appears its cold calculated attacks were being directed...

tendril #1 vs AC
tendril #2 vs AC
tendril 1 damage
tendril 2 damage

TheBlackDragon
06-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Saving throw from previous turn

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Continuing to fight helplessly against the blindness, Ravi returns the favor.

Minor action: Cloud of Darkness, target self.

Saving throw

Necron99
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Zodd dodges both tendrils fairly easily and keeps pouring on the attacks on the mound.

He holds out his outstretched hand towards the Mound and fires a magic missile.

Magic Missile vs reflex
Magic Missile damage

wizarddog
06-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Zodd's magic missile fires widely through the air and the creature bats it aside, sending it down into the water with a explosion. The creature moves forward to be adjacent to Zodd and slams its tendril straight down where he stands.

Tendril vs AC
Tendril damage

TheBlackDragon
06-20-2010, 08:23 AM
"This is ridiculous! I can't get this acid off of me!" Ravi endlessly struggles against the corrosive liquid still clung to her skin.

Saving throw

Necron99
06-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Zodd takes the tendril right in the face as blood sprays all over himself, making him bloodied.

Zodd wipes the blood off his face as he spends 1 healing surge and gains +2 to all defenses until his next turn.

wizarddog
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
The creature brings down its tendrils again on Zodd, undeterred by the wizard's condition.

tendril #1 vs AC
tendril #2 vs AC
Tendril 1 damage
Tendril 2 damage

TheBlackDragon
06-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Finally freeing herself from the acid's blindness, electricity jolts and arcs around her staff and fingers before connecting to the vines.

Att vs. Reflex
Lightning damage (5 pierce)

Necron99
06-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Zodd takes 2 more hard hits and is not looking very good.

"My last chance, or I'm done for..." Zodd says to himself as he fires off one more spell.

Zodd points his staff towards the mound and summons up a phantasmal assailant.

Phantasmal Assailant (Int vs Will)
Damage
Mount takes ongoing 5 psychic damage and Ravi has combat advantage against it. (save ends both)

wizarddog
06-27-2010, 04:53 AM
The arc of lighning from Ravi's fingers erupts around the creature. To both Zodd's and Ravi's dismay, instead of being damaged by the lightning, the creature seems to have been healed by the blast. The creature then turns its foul head back at Ravi, seeking its source of strength.

Zodd releases his Phantasmal Assailant on the creature. Weakened by the many attacks from previous, the creature grabs its plant like skull as the assault of psychic energy impales it. It continues its walk to Ravi clutching its head, weaving back and forth towards her. It ends its move adjacent to her.

Saving throw against ongoing damage and combat advantage

Necron99
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Zodd gains his composure after the creature heals itself and fires off some icy rays towards the mound. Hoping to damage and immobilize the mound.

Icy Rays; Int vs Reflex
Icy Rays damage
Mound is immobilized until Zodd's next turn if it hits.

wizarddog
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Zodd's icy rays strike the creature. The heap of swampy weeds turns blue and stops in its tracks, shy a few feet from Ravi. It flays its temdrils but can't reach her while frost covered. Ravi backs away, unsure of her next move. The mound is looking worse for where.

Necron99
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Alright Ravi, nail it! It can't move for a few moments!" Zodd yells to Ravi right when the attack hits. Zodd gets ready to fire off another spell right after Ravi attacks it.

TheBlackDragon
07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
She fumbles backwards a step to avoid it's physical reach. Shift 1

"I can't.. It's immune to my attacks!" Panic starts to overcome her.

"I'm exhausted! I've only got one thing left to try." Swallowing her fear she conjures an orb of acid into her hand, and tosses it into the enemies eyes.

Acid Orb vs. Reflex
Acid damage

Necron99
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Zodd points his staff yet again towards the mound and tries to weaken the thing as much as possible before it attacks them again.

Ray of Enfeeblement vs Fortitude
Damage

Mound is weakened upon hit

wizarddog
07-13-2010, 01:33 AM
The acid orb strike the creature and it sizzel, eating away a hole in its chest. as it staggers, Zodd's ray strikes at it from behind. It shudders from the balst and the vines begin to unravel into a heap to the ground. The mass slashing back into the shallow swamp water.

The swamp falls silent once again.

Poking out from the mound Ravi and Zodd both notice a half rotted small hand; perhaps a victim from earlier...

Necron99
07-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Zodd, barely alive and hardly even able to move casts Mage Hand. Zodd manipulates it so it picks up the half rotted small hand. All bruised and bloody, Zodd sits down beside Ravi, with the mage hand following him. "Bring that hand to us," Zodd says and the mage hand holds the half-rotten hand in front of Ravi and Zodd for both of them to see. "Kind of odd for that to be there. Let's have a look shall we? ...I might need to rest for a few minutes though."

Zodd spends 4 healing surges to put him back at full health. He then instructs the mage hand to keep holding the rotten hand, as he inspects the hand for any clues that might point him in the right direction (male or female hand, small or large, etc).

Insight check

wizarddog
07-14-2010, 02:16 PM
The hand appears to be attached to a whole skeleton and will require more than just mage hand to pull it out. However, Zodd, does not think their is any danger in approaching the heap.

Necron99
07-14-2010, 03:57 PM
After resting, Zodd inspects the body instead.

OOC - Can I use the natural 20 for that inspection instead or do I need to reroll?

wizarddog
07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
[in 4e, there is no take 20-only take 10.]

Zodd is under no risk in pursuing the investigation. He manages to pull the remains and finds a mostly skeletal sized small humanoid that has dissolved by digestive process of the mound. A gold ring is on its finger and once elegant now torn robe is also present, which apparently was being carried in its pack. All other equipment seems to have been digested.

TheBlackDragon
07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
After recovering from her near-death experience, Ravi looks over Zodd's shoulder as he inspects the corpse.

"That was almost us..." A less confident tone of voice than usual.

wizarddog
07-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Zodd notices the robe, has the tattered symbol from the age of Age of Dawn, similar to the banners and artifacts he spotted in the treasury back in Eylea.

Necron99
07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
OOC - Sorry for the delay, I was moving and did not have internet for a couple weeks.

Zodd takes the gold ring and what remains of the robe. "We might need these later. I suppose we should keep going." Zodd begins to get back on his horse to continue onward.

TheBlackDragon
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Only half paying attention, still slightly shocked at the fierce enemies they barely overcame.

"Yes... lets keep going. I don't like the swamps." As they walk she begins the slow process of shaking off the swamp mud and debris from her robes.

"Well that was a fine show wasn't it?! I couldn't tell who's side you were on watching you damn near repairing the wounds Zodd was doing." A beak barely pokes from Ravi's pack before spouting its usual slander.

"I was blinded you useless carrion feeder! I should have tossed you in first as bait."

wizarddog
08-01-2010, 12:41 PM
(DM Did you want to investigate the strangled bodies or continue back into the village?)

Necron99
08-08-2010, 10:57 PM
OCC - I thought Zodd already did that, if not, he investigates them

wizarddog
08-11-2010, 04:11 AM
The two corpses of the reeders are dead, apparently by suffocation. They have nothing of value save their clothes. By the looks of their attire they must be the two who were claimed to have found Geoffry D'Arcy's body. Their deaths could be something of foul play or the hazards of the swamp..

Zodd and Ravi make their way back to the village by nightfall, a light rain falls on them as they enter the village proper...

Necron99
08-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Zodd, along with Ravi, walk to the nearest Inn and purchase rooms for the evening to get out of the rain. They sleep peacefully until morning, feeling fully rested.

wizarddog
08-18-2010, 03:45 AM
The smell of bead and eggs awaken them from their slumber in the morning. Fully rested, Ravi and Zodd plan their next destination. Noting that the two reeders are dead they could question about their demise, or venture on to Myrfast Hall, the home of the D'Arcys, for more clues.