PDA

View Full Version : Six Guns and Scorcerers

Jymy
07-25-2009, 06:05 PM
I am working on developing a home brewed world based on the Spellslinger game from FFG.
The book itself has a lot of great ideas and helps with some things, but lacks others. Mainly I am asking if anyone has or knows of a western/fantasy add ons for rules, or mock ups of classes up to lvl 20 per say?
In a nutshell I have tons of fluff, but low on crunch. Any and all help, links, or what have ya are much appreciated.

CEBedford
07-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Not sure if you meant actual products but they did a Deadlands D20. I never did read it but I love me some Deadlands. Used copies can be had for fairly cheap too and DriveThru has the pdf for less than 10 dollars.

That should help with western weapons and flavor.

TwilightSea
07-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Any idea if they will ever make a 4e Deadlands?

CEBedford
07-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Any idea if they will ever make a 4e Deadlands?

Highly doubtful.

Jymy
07-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Cool, thanks for the heads up about Deadlands, that kinda slipped my mind and all. I'll give it a once over and go from there.

Jym

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Heck Jymy, make a homebrew world, rules and all, and keep us up to date.

Simon W
07-26-2009, 04:24 PM
There is a little pdf add-on for Go Fer Yer Gun! here (http://www.geocities.com/legendsoftheland/crusades.html) called Wizards & Winchesters

I never did get around to finishing it.

Simon W

Jymy
07-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Simon, thanks for the link, gonna check it out. I am working on a lot of rules for my take on magic that the setting will have, but I also like seeing how others approached the same idea.
I'll keep things up to date as I develop the setting and all, right now just working on the back history and a couple of the races around today. Got hooked on a old RPG series called Wild Arms, and am borrowing heavily from that at the current time. That and also from the Final Fantasy series.
Come on, admit it, you all would love to see bandits riding Chocobos across the badlands chasing down a train laden with gold and mythril. :lol:

Jymy
08-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Well got a back history set for the setting, and blending heavily from OGL Wild West and OGL Steam Punk. Comments and questions if ya have them...

Many, many, many years ago, there was a great war called the "Machina War"

But before that........

There were once great nations that dominated the world spread far and wide. Nothing was out of reach, all the powers they desired they had achieved and then some. These great nations entered into a prosperous golden age and all knew the boundless fruits of it's labors. Soon the great nations knew no want of manufactured things, and ever citizen had all their hearts content. Vast cities housed thousands upon thousands of peoples with all available.
Powerful and vast machines or "machina" preformed all the menial labor while people grew in more "intellectual" pursuits and recreations.
But as will all civilizations before them, and many, many more to follow, a end was nearer then the people would have dared imagine. Soon, the tides of war, greed, and avarice would rise and engulf the lands once again after a Milena of peace and prosperity. The mighty nations would soon come to grow more and more covetous of the lands of other nations.
Once great alliances faltered and soon fell. As the flames of war fanned into an all out conflagration of the world, empires crumbled. Men destroyed each other without thought or resource. Powerful engines of war, the likes of which none today could possibly imagine, swept down upon their foes with the powers of gods and laid waste to all before them, even others of their creation. These powerful machinations destroyed everything, empires, lands, continents, nothing could be held before them.
In the end, it was each other that eventually consumed them all in one titanic battle the likes of which has never been seen before, and with much relief, since. And in the ensuing darkness, the world would take a deep slumber to recover from the wounds of war.
In the ensuring darkness small pockets of life remained and fought to survive. Small towns arose and flourished and strove to make their ways in the world. Vast expanses of land laid beyond the horizon and all the wonders of the previous age that managed to survive in one way or another laid abandoned in ruins populated by horrors and creations of the old world, and those brave and strong enough of this one to make them home.
Slowly things began to return. Slowly the world began to reclaim itself and small civilizations arose once more onto the stage of the world.
Now a new age is dawning, a age of reclamation, a age of rediscovery, a age were anything is possible to those brave enough, strong enough, and bold enough to take the wheel of destiny and see where it leads. Small city-states spring up along the safer eastern lands while small settlements grow along the western territories like wildfire as land grabbing and rushes of all kinds for resources take place.
Now it seems everyone is taking their chances and seeking their fortunes in the wilds of the world. It is here and now that the world's stage awaits new leads, new heroes, and new legends to me made.