PDA

View Full Version : Sharn Confidential

jacobkosh
07-25-2009, 02:56 AM
“Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. ...He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor – by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.

“The story is this man’s adventure in search of a hidden truth, and it would be no adventure if it did not happen to a man fit for adventure. He has a range of awareness that startles you, but it belongs to him by right, because it belongs to the world he lives in. If there were enough like him, the world would be a very safe place to live in, without becoming too dull to be worth living in.”
- Raymond Chandler

THE CAMPAIGN
Sharn. The biggest, most sophisticated, and most dangerous city in the entire world. A place of politics and intrigue, of learning and culture, and of violence and sin. Whether your personal quest is for knowledge, power, honor, revenge, or plain old gold, each of you has felt drawn to the lights and noise of the City of Towers.

To get there, you have booked passage on the fast and luxurious Metrol Express rail line, paying your expensive fare by working as a guard for the cargo of the rich passengers. As you have stood guard in the rear carriage, you have seen war-ravaged lands, quaint villages, mighty cities, and haunted forests speed across the windows – all the triumphs and terrors of the continent of Khorvaire. So far it has been an easy, pleasurable journey…but that is about to change…

THE GAME
A few players and I have recently started a brand-new 4E Eberron game on alternating Saturdays at the Dungeons & Dragons Meetup (http://dnd.meetup.com/1121/) at the Kansas City Public Library. We've got four players thus far and are looking for two more. The game is largely set in Sharn, a towering city of mystery and intrigue, and will mix traditional Dungeons & Dragons adventure with crime-fighting and investigation, with sinister bugbear gangsters and slinky half-elven dames. Sound good? I think so. If you agree, drop me a line, dust off that fedora, and get ready to walk the mean streets!