PDA

View Full Version : [Norman, OK] Pulp/Golden Age superheroes

magic-rhyme
07-22-2009, 02:37 AM
0. Name. Justifiers

1. Core Sentence. Justifiers focuses on a group of superpowered men and women of conscience who fight against both superpowered and nonpowered threats (and even mystical threats) during the years just prior to entry into World War II.

2. Who are the heroes? Players will construct a superpowered man or woman with superhuman powers. These are superHEROES, not super-thugs or super-vandals, men and women with lives of their own who disrupt their lives for the greater good of their local neighborhoods and communities.

3. What do they do? Both fight against supervillains and cope with their own personal difficulties as well.

4. Threats, Conflicts, Villains: Threats might include superpowered criminals, ordinary villains of great political or economic power, entities of mystic evil, and invading forces from beyond the moon and beneath the waves. Then there are the occasional corrupt politicians and police officers infesting the legitimate governmental and legal powers.

Other conflicts include interpersonal and personal quandaries.

5. Inspirations: The recent rebirth of the public domain Golden Age figures in Project: Superpowers and The Twelve. The earlier rebirth with Justice Society. The original heroes, such as The Green Llama, The Black Terror, Pyro-Man, The Fly, The Shield, and Doctor Fate. The recent films about Spider-Man, The Batman, Superman, and Iron Man. And maybe just a touch of The Watchmen and Supreme Power.

MuslixtheMighty
07-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Damn, I wish I was a lot closer to this game for I would love to be apart of it. I have always loved pulp comics. Have you ever used "Spirit of the Century" or "Adventure!"?

magic-rhyme
07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Damn, I wish I was a lot closer to this game for I would love to be apart of it. I have always loved pulp comics. Have you ever used "Spirit of the Century" or "Adventure!"?

I love both systems for straight pulp adventure, especially Adventure, but neither works as well for Golden Age superpowers. I'd hope to run a game combining Spirit of the Century/FATE mechanics with Villains & Vigilantes for the superpowers, not only because I like the way V&V handles powers but because it is different enough from current superhero games that it would bring back that sense of wonder and mystery that becomes lost with systems that are too "chummy", like M&M or Hero System.

magic-rhyme
07-25-2009, 03:35 PM
If interested, let me know! :laugh:

gaming poet
07-27-2009, 01:45 AM
V&V and Spirit of the Century are two of the systems I love. I wish I lived close enough to attend. :(